Do you want to know why killers camp and tunnel?

JC316
JC316 Member Posts: 693

Fire up a game with Nurse, I hated her at first, but I am starting to get decent with her. Just hit rank 10 killer and did well against a team of purples. Fire up a match, find a survivor and down them, throw him on the hook and I look around to see three of his buddies, so clearly SWF. I get a couple of hits, they unhook and have borrowed time. I down one near a pallet, I look around, see no one, pick him up....pallet stun... I chase him down, drop him again, look around, no one, picked up, instantly blinded by a flashlight. Then I get head on'd out of a locker.

I finally down another one, camp him a bit, but borrowed time. I down another one, look at a wall when I pick him up, but in a move that makes no logical sense, I get blinded yet again, even though I can't even SEE the survivor that did it. I see a guy go into a locker, try to bait out of head on, but nope, get stunned. Blinded a few more times, all gens done, they're FOLLOWING ME, trying to get me to down one so they can flashlight save. I open the door myself to start the timer and sit back, not going to play their game any more.

Two rank 4's, two rank 5's.

Next game, I facecamped the living crap out of the survivors, because I was pissed off. Do I care about depip? Hell no, it's rank reset.

Comments

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    edited December 2019

I've had these frustrating games as well.. You clearly faced a bully squad which just saps out the enjoyment from the game, especially if they are actually competent. I'd tell you to play around that - e.g. the blinding radius is around 180 degrees, so even if you are facing a wall, unless you bury your face in it, a good survivor will sometimes still be able to find an angle to blind you. Therefore if in doubt, leave the person slugged for as long as it takes to find the guy waiting for the save, or just leave them and go for the guy doing a gen. Most of that comes down to gamesense and experience, so you'll eventually figure it out on your own. Like others have said, lightborn and franklins are good substitutes if you just don't want to deal with it and cant be bothered with counterplay.

I just want to point out my opinion that flashlight blinds and saves are not toxic.. It's the matter in which people use them that could become toxic (i.e. what the first team did to you). In general I look at flashlight saves the same way as slugging - if the opportunity presents itself and you can get an angle on the killer, or you see another target next to your slug, you have to go for it.. It's free map pressure. If it works, it could win you the game on either side, which is OK, as long as you don't use it to BM the other team..

The only thing that I didn't like about your post is that you took out your frustrations on the next team(s) you faced. Arguably those guys did nothing to you.. at least that wasn't clear from your post. Those bully squads are so rare.. most people are playing just to have a good time - same as you. Did facecapming random people, just because you were still angry at the previous squad make you feel better? I hope not man, because that's a bit twisted. I get a little concerned when I think about what this game does to decent people (like you seem to be) and causes them to start stooping down to others' toxicity levels.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

You are aware about the rift challenge where a survivor has to blind the killer while he's carrying a survivor?

Also when I play killer I'd rather see 4 flashlights than 2 toolboxes. Flashlights have easy counter and you can even bait them if you fake to pick up a survivor or just check before picking up if someone is near. You'll most likely get easy hits. Flashlights themself are nothing toxic. Just learn how to efficiently play against a group of flashlight users. Because it is different than playing against toolbox users who just rush gens.

• Herman_CMH
    Herman_CMH Member Posts: 181

I do think it’s your game, just do whatever you want if you have fun.

I do tunnel if the survivor is the closest one to me and patrol camp if I noted that other survivors are around the hooked. I just won’t face camp as it is too boring.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Take a break.You

• Thanatos_x
    Thanatos_x Member Posts: 201

I mean in an SWF situation where they keep getting the save when you pick someone up, I feel like the logical answer would be to just slug... They're not gonna let their guy die on the ground so they're going to force themselves into the open or wherever the slug is to get the save and you can definitely get some free hits

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

I wonder how many survivor mains would say something similar to that about moris.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So people playing the game get punished for your immature frustration. Do you think youre suited for playing multiplayer games? Obviously not.

• Thanatos_x
    Thanatos_x Member Posts: 201

4 man SWF with full meta build, god loops, infinites, 2 commodious toolbox with BnPs, rainbow map, skeleton key are just tools the game explicitly allows you to use

What about NOED, iri hatchet heads, mori's, black incense? These are all just tools the game explicitly allows you to use as well right

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Because they are bad?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@Xerge

I don't know but I can tell you I don't see them posting on these forums.

Moris as much as they can cut the game in half, they don't bother me. It makes the match more challenging because you basically have 1 hook per survivor.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Frustrating situation, we all go through it as some point.

Though, this post raises an actual concern. Survivors being able to blind you way outside of your field of view. How many times have I littterally hugged the wall, and still got blinded, even though I saw nothing but the wall and my weapon.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

Do you want to know why survivors run DS bt Unbreakable?

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

By how things were written out. OP seems to have taken his rage on another different group of survivors. Still, I don't honestly see how trying to flashlight save is seen as toxic... it's a huge for survivors as long as you have awareness of your surroundings.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Probably challenges for the flashlight blinds or flashlight blind a killer while carrying a survivor.

Either way you could of baited out the pallet stun or flashlight stun by standing over the survivor for a moment and getting a free hit.

Camping and tunneling won't help you improve as a killer. While I understand your frustrations for that game prior. Bring a Ebony Mori instead least survivors get a chance to play a game instead of chilling on the hook all game. While I normally don't like Mori's I would rather play a game then play hook simulator.

• Elvenmonk
    Elvenmonk Member Posts: 367

Every time I play killer I'm r20 going against red ranks.I just gave up on trying to play killer

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

If you suspect your going up against a SWF, bring in an Ebony Mori. Once I max out all my killers, I’ll will farm as many moris I could.

Im a potato killer so I’ll never be able to compete with an optimal SWF. If they’re not toxic, I’ll play normally and have fun. For the most part, I’m happy if I get 1-2 kills. I also enjoy farming with the last two survivors, though I’m learning some survivors get so triggered when I suggest we farm, so I’m cutting that behavior down. It’s nice to just have fun playing a game.

The problem is with the sweaty and toxic players. They’re only wanting to have fun at the expense of their opponents. If I see store bought cosmetics and a streamers tag attached to a player name, I’m bringing in NOED(who am I kidding, I’m so bad that I need it)and a Mori. I’ll play nice at first, if I see a flashlight clicking, tbagging turd trying to get my attention, I’ll completely ignore them. Sometimes I’ll do a little dance and twirl and then leave them. I feel like that aggravates them more than anything else I could do. If they’re all sweaty and pro loopers, I’ll tunnel the weakest link. The faster I get rid of a survivor, the easier it is to kill the left overs.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

I mean, sorta?

I don't like moris or keys, but that doesn't mean I'll whine at players for using them. They're in the game and even if I disagree with them being in the game in their current forms, it's silly to grow hostile towards the players themselves for using them.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Lol this!

Playing killer is a thankless role. You gotta be able to laugh off the small stuff and keep your chin up. Killer isn't easy (at purple and up that is).

As hard as the killer life can be, that shouldn't make you feel like you need punish other players or take your frustrations out on them.

If you are ever playing a game to make peoples life miserable because 'someone made you missrable' that is very the definition of toxic.

Killers camp and tunnel because its a game and can be effective in turning a match in their favor... People who set out to camp and tunnel to make people's game experience miserable are just jerks.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Yeah, I think thats more of an issue with the player than the role. I play killer all the time and generally enjoy it. Win or lose. I think more people just need to learn how to take a loss.

• Crimbojambo
    Crimbojambo Member Posts: 82

Be a better example. This community creates its own toxicity which then feeds into further toxicity. Break the cycle, and be better. Goes for both survivor and killer, cause it takes both sides to make the game fun for all.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Whenever I play nurse I facecamp or hardcamp every survivor. She's so unfun with the cooldown. If nobody cares at BHVR for ruining her fun, then I certainly don't care.

• JC316

To the people telling me I have anger issues, Ghandi would have broken a keyboard over someones head after that match. You think I didn't try slugging? In the two minutes it takes to down another survivor, the other one is instantly up. Had I been playing Meyers, Bubba, or Billy, this would have been a different conversation. Even if I was running NOED, I would have fought harder.

So basically the flashlight can blind you outside of the killers FOV, and no one sees a problem with this? Those saves are basically instadowns, imagine the CRYING from survivors if every killer had the option for an instadown.

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

The real reason killers camp and tunnel:

Because it works, and even then, camping only works if survivors let it work.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Well, there is a challenge, wich I haven't finished. I literally loss 15 flashlights (yes, I am bad with them, that's why I never use them).

• JC316

This wasn't about a challenge, I can spot those easily enough and I usually play along. With was about toxic bullies.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

Nah, it's expected these days. I just punish them by equipping OoO and having my fun with them.

• Orchid
    Orchid Member Posts: 38

It's like letting toxic people that will keep on being toxic every other game, ruin your day and your match. Honestly you should play normally, so you get all of them or at least try to. If you camp a person and tunnel, that would save the toxic swf a lot of time to gen rush and escape. Keep pressure on them, on the map, play aggressively, if you could secure a kill that is devastating for them, go for it. No need to get mad or stuff, there are 7 billion people on this planet, you could assume lots of them are toxic and horrible in general. If you get unlucky and face them, you must remember that you should keep looking for your interest and you should keep ignoring them. They will get more frustrated if you actually win and gg them in the end. Neither camping nor tunneling will convince them to stop being toxic, nothing will. So focus on your goal.

• UniversalGod
    UniversalGod Member Posts: 6

I will let my friends bleed because if a killer slugs, we're smart enough to know you gremlins(lighthearted) are around. I'll only go for them when they're one tapped and im full health or someone else is being chased

• Crujoh
    Crujoh Member Posts: 28

I agree a lot of survivors play this game very immaturely. It’s suppose to be a horror game but most of them run around like they’re playing GTA instead. However, you’re only fueling the issue if you take your frustration out on the next set of survivors for last match ones actions. The mind set well if they’re going to act that way I’ll act this way only fuels the stupidity in the game.

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355

Yeah, I can understand. It is tough being a killer that has to deal with the far-to-common 4 man SWF group.

But I do agree with some people on here. Being toxic back just makes survivors want to be more toxic. Then you want to be more toxic, and it just creates a circle of toxicity.

I will also say that good on you for playing nurse. I just started to learn her, and i have always thought this, and I will say it now, she is truly difficult.

I hope that the game doesn't keep giving you swf at red ranks.

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151

He shouldn't play survivor too, imagine him getting tunneled or facecamped few times in a row !