Why does noone ever talk about an adrenaline nerf (aka balance tweak)?

2»

Comments

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302

In my opinion it should give you only sprint and maybe faster faster interactions overhaul.

Adrenaline is condition when body gives up basic instincts of flight or fight responses. In that state, body works faster and natural muscle limits are abolished giving you more strength.

With that in mind, I would give longer sprint burst after activation to compensate loss of a health gain, and make survivors faster action speed, because their bodies work faster and more effective.

But it's just an idea...

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

If you think Adrenaline is cheap then so is NOED.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

What are the odds though? If you have four competent survivors at the end of the game you probably already lost.

If they are all on death hook that’s the worst case scenario because you can’t feed on their altruism. You basically have to be running NOED and have a crutch Blood Warden because no way you’re killing anymore than one or MAYBE two survivors without NOED at the end of the game if they are all competent.

In my own view, if any survivor escapes through the exit gate I lose.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited January 2020

That is if they are running an endgame build and sacrificing other perks to MAYBE get use out of an endgame build.

Not to mention that if they are all on death hook you cannot feed on their altruism.

If survivors make it to the end of the game and even one escapes through the exit gate I count that as a loss on my part personally.

In a regular match, you’re not coming back if you have four competent survivors at the end of the game. If you have NOED (which isn’t even reliable and might not even happen), Blood Warden, and potato survivors then sure you can kill them all. Good survivors though? Not a chance.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

I don't mind adrenaline because I'm going to be doing the objective regardless if I have it or not

I hate noed because it means the killer failed their objective AND counters Adrenaline for doing the above

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited January 2020

I've turned a 0k game into 4k after all the gens were finished numerous times before without NOED (which I don't run) and without Bloodwarden (which I also don't run). Even if it is due to incompetency, it shows that the game is not over until the last Survivor is either free or dead.

In my view, a loss is if 3 or more Survivors escape.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

I think what a lot of the people that are saying you earn it by completing your obj are forgetting that it also heals you when the hatch is closed.

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited January 2020

And rewards you for failing to get gens done when you’re the last one left. + not finding the hatch.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,357

I always found it odd that the perk can activate for players who were hooked or being carried when the last gen popped. Also, most perk effects have a wide range of uses when it comes to interacting with killer powers or perks. Calm spirit for example prevents screams from Doc, Clown, infectous fright, ect. The waking up part of adrenaline is almost as if the devs were like "Oh yeah...and screw you Freddy" since it doesnt affect anything OTHER than Freddy. The guy no longer has gens to teleport to when endgame hits, waking everyone up at the same time just makes him not have ANY power during endgame.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

The only thing I really despise about Adrenaline is that it heals people after the fact when they come off a hook.

If you are incapacitated and cannot be healed when the trigger for the perk occurs, you should not get your perk delayed until it's convenient to you.

Also it's dumb that it just randomly affects the Dream World. Like if you're going to say that it works on that, it should be either a heal or wake up, not both, sleep should be used up as it's health state.

There's also no reason for it. It logically makes sense that adrenaline wakes you up, but if we're going for logic in this game then there's about 50 other perks that don't make much sense (Like Jeff running Lightweight.) Also, you think the characters in ANOES didn't have an adrenaline rush while they were being murdered? It didn't help.

• LordGlint

Jeff is just full of helium, thats all.

If we're going off realism though about adrenaline's affect on the body...I dont think it'll put ya to being healthy and able to sprint around after youve had a meathook through your lungs, lol.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

It's not needed. I took it even out of my main build after 3 years. In solo Q it just doesn't activate often enough to be worth it. I rather use UB, resilience, Iron will and sprint burst (changed it out for dead hard since its so buggy and doesn't activate).

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

I find it rather balanced. 1 Health State + Sprint Burst, but only after completing/surviving to see all 5 gens complete; the Survivor equivalent of NOED.

Killers that get annoyed by this Perk either;

• Chase a Survivor who is actively trying to distract them
    • Starts slugging several Survivors towards the end of the match

Both of these situations can be avoided or worked around so if Adrenaline triggers it doesn't cost you as heftily.

The only small issue I see (as mentioned by other people) is when the Perk activates after a Survivor gets unhooked. I don't have much issue with this, but I can see how it is annoying and deviates from the Perk's core design. Removing this effect shouldn't cause issues and if anyone needs a Perk equivalent for the unhooking situation, DS and BT can both fill this role.

• DwightOP

Remember, once at MAX. And sometimes you don't have any use out of it when you are already healthy and idk healing someone else.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

I hate people complaining about adrenaline using NOED as an argument. Unlike killers, survivors CAN afford ""wasting"" (quoatation marks because it's not always a waste) a perk slot. There are 4 survivors with 4 perks each; even if all of them had adrenaline it still wouldnt be wasting a perk slot because there are other 12 perks in game during the match. As opposed to the 3 killer perks if they use noed.

Adrenaline is OP because it can happen during a chase and it has a 5 second sprint, like #########? they could -and perhaps, should- remove the sprint and it still would be a good perk even if it activates with the killer right behind your back.

Added to this, it can be kept on hold if you're on a hook, which is simply annoying.

Obviously it is a one time use so it should be somewhat strong, and thats why I say the sprint should be removed completely.

• DwightOP

If the other 3 weren't doing gens but keeping the killer busy they totally deserve reward aswell. To me it looks like you are a heavy biased killer main who never really played survivor much.

• DwightOP

Nerfing adrenaline would make it so not worth it anymore in solo Q. But hey, who cares about solo Q right? Screw this idiots, just play swf 4head!!1!

• LordGlint

I find the title to be pretty funny.

You know what else no one EVER talks about as far as nerfing goes. Keys, moris, ruin, NOED... I can't find a SINGLE THREAD where someone mentions they are anything but completely satisfied with the current strength of these.

• DwightOP

Oh come on, don't be foolish. When all gens popped and all 4 alive it's basically over. The only time you can MAYBE pull out more than 1k is with bloodwarden, but smart survivors can and will play around this. Endgame is just a fight for 1 kill. You are not entitled to get 4k when you failed the entire rest of the match.

That's how dbd is since release. And it will stay like that till the devs introduce and objective between the last gen and opening the gates.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479

I play both sides, I am not some entitled main of one side. If 3 players kept killer busy and got downed, then they do not deserve the reward. If they would be in injured state however, then they deserve reward. To me it looks like you are a heavy biased survivor main who never really played killer much.

• DwightOP

Listen, I think you are completely failing to understand the concept of dbd. The survivors WILL go down eventually. It's designed this way. The goal is to buy as much time as possible. Are you telling me only when they do 5 genny run without getting downed, onky then they deserve adrenaline? Then I have to tell you that you seriously don't understand the concept of dbd and the survivor role

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

More often than not you will lose at that point, but it's still possible to pull a rabbit out of your hat, even if it relies on the Survivors going full potato. The game certainly is not over at that point. If it was, the game would just straight-up end right there instead of making the Survivors still go through the same song and dance with the Exit Gates.

And I never ever said nor implied that anyone was entitled to a 4k at any point.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479

You have no arguments, just "you don't understand, because you don't play survivor". I am not going to waste my time on you.

• DwightOP

That's not what I said, seems like you are lacking reading comprehension. Dgeeg, u are most lost than I thought.

• Plaquer
    Plaquer Member Posts: 197

Here's how to nerf Adrenaline: JUST RUN NOED

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Yeah well most of the time adrenaline doesn't even help. You are often healthy and not even chased when the last gen is done - so all you get is a brief speed boost to the exit switch. Many times it doesn't even get that far with gens not getting powered and if killer starts EGC by slamming the hatch, odds are you are screwed anyway healthy or not. When you do need it however it is amazing, but such is when you are playing with just three other perk slots for most of the game.

Problem like most things is when everyone has it and can time the trigger - such as in, I dunno, SWF. The perk doesn't need a nerf, by the time the exit gates are powered as a killer you are pretty much through with that game anyway unless you got an end game build...or plan on just camping your last hook, which is kind of embarrassing for everyone.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Mettle of Man was nerfed to the ground for doing pretty much the exact same. Adrenaline does too much good for a survivor who does the objective they're supposed to do anyway.

It's a meta perk used for coordinated swf to totally overwhelm the killer once gens are done.

People complain about noed but no-one bats an eye at adrenaline.

Killers can defend totems to get noed to work, survivors do gens. When it's 4v1 you can't expect the killer to kill off everyone by the time you even touch a gen.

The only way to not have to deal with adrenaline is for the killer to play how survivors generally perceive as dirty and cheap or just be up against potato survivors which are the stark opposite of swf sweatlords with boxes.

It's an advantage which is massive when 1 solo queue player has less of compared to all 4 survivors which does happen often against the sweatlord swf teams.