The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Decisive strike needs a nerf

Toastyy
Toastyy Member Posts: 226
edited January 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Decisive strikes idea of being a anti tunnel perk is great I don’t mind that, it’s the fact that if a survivor gets unhooked then you down the unhooker the person who was hooked has invulnerability and there is nothing you can do about it besides leave them on the floor and hover over them like a vulture wasting time or leave and let the person get back up.

I think it should be once you hook another survivor the perk becomes deactivated until you are hooked again.

Comments

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

This would be the most reasonable, balanced and justified nerf ever. There is no reason why it shouldnt happen.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379
    edited January 2020

I would simply make it to where the perk becomes active if the survivor is rescued when the killer is x meter's away from the hook. As a Nurse main, I can literally hook 2 other survivor's within 1 minutes and still get punished by DS for doing what a killer is suppose to do. Even if the killer doesn't tunnel survivor's will go out of there way to burn the perk just to get a free unhook etc.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

So in that scenario you'd have two on the hook and one slugged and you're still complaining.

• Archimedes5000

No, thats exactly what it means. Tunneling is focusing on one survivior to eliminate him from the game. If you IGNORE the unhooked survivior for an amount of time, and go to find ANOTHER survivior, win a chase and hook him, then it means you are not being focused on one survivior. There is no other option really

• Toastyy
    Toastyy Member Posts: 226

Decisive strike is incredibly easy to hit no chance in missing it.

• Archimedes5000
    edited January 2020

Unbreakable + Decisive Strike = Free, uncounterable immunity for 60 seconds

• Archimedes5000

This change is needed. You can remove the skillcheck for all I care, but this needs to be implemented

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301
    edited January 2020

I don't think you know what DS is used for. It is an anti tunneling perk. If you change it to the suggested option the killer can just down another survivor, pick them up, hook them, and then down you again negating DS, rendering the perk useless and countered. I'm not sure what is not being understood.

• Archimedes5000

Tunneling is focusing on one survivior to eliminate him from the game. If you IGNORE the unhooked survivior for an amount of time, and go to find ANOTHER survivior, win a chase and hook him, then it means you are not being focused on one survivior.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

This^

Setting the deactivation trigger as simply hooking another survivor would be very easy to work around and essentially nullify any anti-tunneling properties.

However, too many conditions and caveats are probably hard to implement in a consistent way. That's why I think DS will probably stay as it is for a while, because it's mostly problematic if you randomly run into the unhooked survivor and down them within 60 secs. From a gameplay standpoint though, it's still probably the lesser of evils and slugging them is still a great source of pressure. So, it's not like the killer is getting robbed imho.

DS is also powerful in the endgame, but that's a situation where everything goes, even facecamping.

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

no, if the unhooked didn't get chance to hide away, heal or whatever and you go for him again within so many seconds this IS TUNNELING, regardless what you managed to do before getting to the unhooked again.

same as camping, it still counts as camping if you move away and keep quickly coming back to the hook perimiter. just because you're not standing right infront of the hook it's CAMPING

• bomb1720

come on, really? you have never missed 1? most of the time it can be hit, 1 0r 2 times out of 10 surely can be missed!

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

I would prefer something like, survivor get unhooked, DS activates with 60 seconds timer. During this time, for each other survivor downed by survivor, the time keeps getting reduced by half.

• bomb1720

anyway i would also like to add, it seems to me i can get tunneled a lot but when i use the perk never happens. so i take the perk off, what happens? tunneled? meh!

• MigrantTheGreat

When did I ever say anything about somebody being slugged?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

If you down the guy who just got unhooked, you indeed tunneled. Even if you dont go for anyone else afterwards and wait for 1 minute next to that person, after 1 minute, you still tunneled. Only because you did not get hit by DS does not mean that you not tunneled. Why not going for the person who unhooked in the first place?

Can we stop going for ideal scenarios? Even if that is the case, the slugged guy is still map pressure, even tho he is back to injured faster.

• Archimedes5000
    edited January 2020

Yes you are right. Just because you don't get hit by DS doesnt mean you dont tunnel. But if you get hit by DS EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDNT TUNNEL then thats unfair.

I go for the unhooker, win a chase, down him, hook him, find another survivior, chase him, down him, get hit by DS. How is that fair?

It is almost impossible to down 2 people and still tunnel. Imagine this: you down the unhooked surv with DS first, slug him, then go for the unhooker. Chasing and hooking the unhooker takes time. In that time, team can heal the slugged guy easily. But if you go back after hooking the unhooker, and the slug is still under the hook, then how is that tunneling? Its not your fault that he and his team are idiots.

Same situation is when you see them save someone, got back to the hook, unhooker is nowhere to be found, but the unhooked is happily self-caring 10 meters from the hook. Am I not supposed to touch him because "tUnNeLiNg"? This is dumb.

• Archimedes5000

Now thats intresting. So if I go for the unhook and see the unhooked guy self-caring right under the hook then thats TUNNELING?

And if I come back to the hook because I literally can see 3 PEOPLE GOING FOR THE UNHOOK then thats CAMPING?

• bomb1720

@Archimedes5000

the things you have said to me i have never said?

i said if he didn't get chance to hide, not if he stays at hook

tunneling is tunneling whether unhooked is 10meters away or 10 miles away from hook. if you find him within so many seconds, regardless what you did before, it is tunneling.

camping is still camping if you move away from hook and quickly keep coming back to prevent hooked getting rescued, doesn't matter if you don't just stand there.

regarding to what you last said if the team are dumb enough to be all there with a camper, then obviously go and catch another.

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

I am not talking about what the perk does currently. Read with me now, the PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE PERK WILL HAVE EASY COUNTER, MAKING IT ALMOST USELESS. Got it?

• brokedownpalace

If you don't want to get hit by DS then you slug them... Hence two on a hook and one slugged but for you that situation isn't good enough lol

• MigrantTheGreat

So what your saying is that killer's should be punished for being killer's? I'm not gonna keep track of 60s while I chase 2 other survivor's. Not only that survivor's tend tyo DC when they are slugged

• brokedownpalace

It's not being "punished." It's using a perk. Stop playing victim.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I suck. But in my defense I rarely play it and usually forget I have it until it's to late.

• MigrantTheGreat

Yeah, sure! I'm playing victim because I'm playing killer, properly! Sure!

• Archimedes5000
    edited January 2020

What?

Did you read what I wrote?

I said that if DS is an anti tunneling perk, then disabling it when another person is hooked will dont stop it from being anti tunneling perk. And that is because hooking another survivior means that you are not focused on one survivior anymore, so you are not tunneling.

Its neither an easy counter (it requires you to get another down) nor makes it useless (it would still counter tunneling)

Well I dont know, if by "usefulness of DS" you mean "unconditional invicibility and grab immunity for 60 seconds" then yes, it would make it useless.

• Archimedes5000
    edited January 2020

What does "didnt get a chance to hide" even mean. If the killer didnt camp, (which should be punished, but not by DS), then you should have enough time to hide. Even more so if the kilker menaged to find and hook another person in the meantime.

Once again, tunneling means focusing on one survivior, if you menage to catch at least 1 other survivior, then it means you are not focused on one person and you are not tunneling. So if you find the survivior with DS after 30 seconds, 10 miles away from hook and after hooking another survivior, then DS should not trigger.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

i'm split on what to do with the time, but it should absolutely not work when the gates are open.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Still totally unlogical.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    edited January 2020

Why people keep saying this like it's "the combo"? It looks like no one plays as a survivor os something like that.

Both perks are only a single use, they get up up with unbreakable then hit them again and then bye bye unbreakable, pick the survivor with DS and bye bye DS. Easy.

• hammertime
    hammertime Member Posts: 51

The perk used to suck for killers but they already nerfed it. It sucks when it gets you but easy to get over.

• Loey
    Loey Member Posts: 51

As i said before, DS should be like the perk of Adam Francis Diversion. Should load if you are in the killer's terror range, many of you are sure to only play as killers so don't know or have any idea what it is to be tunneled. DS gives you 60sec after being unhooked, once you use it the killer is stun for about 3 seconds and now, he can go back to tunneling you and now, you will return to the hook.

You can only be used twice or once, if your teammates unhook you before the of struggle began.

• Archimedes5000

60 seconds is like 1/10 of the game, do don't say as it is nothing. During that time most surviviors just rush the gens, because they know that they are invulnerable. And killer cant do anything about it. Also, the stun in 5 seconds, and this is the longest stun in the game. Oh, and Endurance no longer counters it.

• Archimedes5000

Well because it is "the combo" DS is the most used survivior perk and Unbreakable is like 3rd or 4th most used, so these are often seen together. It IS one time use, but it is a FREE health state, that can completly break your momentum and there is no counter. You say that you can make them use it early game, but that means you have to be winning and controlling early game, but have to forefit this advantage almost completly because of 1-2 perks, and dont forget that there is never only 1 person with DS.

For example Ruin is also "one time use perk" because you can cleanse it, but it only slows the game down, it doesnt give the killer a free down/hook...

• Archimedes5000

Imagine if killers had a a perk as strong as DS:

"When a person is unhooked, the perk is activated. While the perk is active, survivior that will try to repair a generator will be put into dying state. Perk deactivates after 60 seconds. Perk can be only used once."

Would you call it a fair "anti genrush perk"?

Obviously you don't get any notification that killer has it, you have to assume that he has it every game and play around it, make him use it early game, blah, blah, blah.

And this is still weaker than DS, because there can be 4 people with DS but only 1 killer, you can heal the downed person before killer picks him up, etc.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092
    edited January 2020

"I'm going to hit this person going for the unhook, slug the unhooked, and then chase down the unhooker for another easy down because I can get two hooks in one this way instead of the one hook I would get if I waited out the DS timer! I'm not tunneling!"

If you slugged the unhooked guy, you tunneled him. You went for him, you couldn't do anything else to him in that moment, so you go for someone else, then when you CAN do something to him again, you go right back to him. So how is this not focusing on one guy? You're focusing the one guy in this situation, you're just taking whatever other easy opportunities come your way in the process.

Also, yes, you can POTENTIALLY be punished if you're doing too well, but those situations are extremely rare and if you ARE punished for doing too well, you're likely so far ahead it won't even matter.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

DS is anti tunneling perk and also anti snowball and immunity for 60 seconds. Make it ONLY anti tunneling perk as survivors claim they use it for..

DS timer should go double speed if you go repair generator or get fully healed (turning timer into 30 seconds)

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249

You mean other then the fact that it's already BEEN nerfed into the ground from it's previous version, and is commonly run alongside Borrowed Time and Dead Hard to further prevent tunneling? There is literally no reason to change this perk from its current form. All I'm hearing is someone whining about not being able to tunnel and immediately re-hook the survivor that was just rescued, which is sad considering I'm a Killer main myself. Besides, the perk is only active for a short time after the rescue, so just chasing them, slugging them, and using them as bait for a trap is much more effective anyway. By the time you've drawn someone else in to heal them, DS should be inactive anyway.

The whole reason BT, DS, Dead Hard, Breakout exist is are a response to tunneling/repeatedly being carried to the basement or easily camped hooks, in my opinion. Builds with these are half the reason to keep slugging, especially since people don't want to bring Unbreakable since slugging isn't always guaranteed.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
  • Thankfully it's not an anti tunnel perk. It has a useful feature that mitigates the effects of tunneling, but it's not anti tunneling. Survivors are free to use their perks however they want. Be it aggressively early game or as a last chance towards end of game. Killer are NOT the dictators of how and when it's to be used, for the convenience of the killer.