The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Decisive strike needs a nerf

2»

Comments

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Due to how bigs maps are, unless you're in efect tunneling or wanting a easy kill/ hook there is no way that DS can hit you.

DS is the most used, yes, tunneling and hook farming are two of the most seen strategies as well. How often do you see a hook farmer? You know the ones that are going to save you in the killer's face, they unhook you and the killer see and take that chance wich is not bad but that my dear is called tunneling so excuse me but that survivor deserve a chance against something that he/she doesn't control (unhooking in the killer's face).

DS is in fact 60 secs, this seems like a lot of time but, due to how big maps are, 60 secs are nothing, literally.

What's the big deal after all? That you need to plan a strategy and not trying to get easy kills? The same goes with BT, "they unhook in front of my face, I hit them but oh, surprise they have BT" .

Don't missunderstand me, I know there are several map issues that need to be worked on, but you can't go like a zombie in a 5 mins chase then complain that you have been "gen rushed".. I mean, obviously you can do it but you need to know whether is good to chase a survivor or to let it go.

• Loey
    Loey Member Posts: 51

:D

-stun the killer for 5 seconds. 5 seconds that are really nothing because you can easily chase the survivor again with a plus that is already injured.

-Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike.

-The survivor who uses ds and is unhook will not make gens, they go away from the killer to heal or be cured.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

"The survivor who uses ds and is unhook will not make gens, they go away from the killer to heal or be cured."

Thats where you are wrong kiddo

People who have DS know that they are untouchable for 60 seconds, so they use that time to do gens, and then run away to a locker to force killer to get DSed and prevent him from slugging.

• Archimedes5000

I don't care what was the previous version, I didn't play this game before. Right now its the strongest survivior perk that counters killers playing good, not tunneling. Borrowed Time is also strong perk, but counters only tunneling as its supposed to.

I think you are deaf at this point, there were many other complaints than "not being able to tunnel"

Surviviors with DS can do many things unpunished:

Healing under hook

Doing gens 10 seconds after unhook

Bodyblocking saves

Running DS with Unbreakable and getting free pick up that killer cant do anything about

Punishing killer for getting multiple downs/hooks

• Archimedes5000

If for some reason DS being disabled after ANOTHER person is hooked doesnt counter tunneling, then I have another nerf idea:

Progress speed of the timer (60 seconds) is affected by certain actions:

1.Being chased x0.75 speed (80 seconds)

2.Healing/Being Healed: x1.5 speed (40 seconds)

3.Repairing Generators: x2 speed (30 seconds)

4.Cleansing Totems: x2 speed (30 seconds)

5.Another person put in Dying State: -16.(6)% time (-10 seconds on default)

6.Another person Hooked: -33.(3)% time (-20 seconds on default)

7.Being put in Dying State: +16.(6)% time (+10 seconds on default

8.Stepping into Bear Trap = DS disabled immediately

9.Stepping into Mud Trap: -33.(3)% time (-20 seconds on default)

I know its complicated, but can be simplified/standarized no problem.

The main point is that doing objectives while using DS should be punished.

This way it counters tunneling more (80s of DS if being chased all the time), but killer can counter it by switching targets (2 downs&hooks to disable it immediately) and prevents survivior from doing dumb ######### (doing gens/healing next to the hook, stepping into a Bear Trap and then DSing killer, triggering all Hag's traps, etc)

• Archimedes5000
    edited January 2020

Simplified version:

After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 40/50/60 seconds.

While performing actions such as Healing/being healed, Repairing or Cleansing, timer progreses at double speed. While being chased, timer progreses at half speed. Having your aura revealed to the Killer (Hags Traps count) or another survivior being hooked will reduce the timer by 20 seconds. Stepping into a Bear Trap will deactivate Decisive Strike immediately.

While Decisive Strike is active, being grabbed will make you automatically escape the killers grasp and stun him for 5 seconds (Yes, no need for skillcheck)

Only one Decisive Strike perk can be active at the same time

Perk is disabled after use.

Stunning the killer will result in you becoming the obsession.

Increases your chances of being the Obsession

Post edited by Archimedes5000 on
  • Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249

The fact that you haven't been playing this game long is VERY apparent. DS doesn't guarantee ANY of those things. What does is a killer too scared to pick survivors back up after they've been unhooked. It also doesn't stop tunneling at all. The perk deactivates after use or a 40 second timer expires. So let them get unhooked, tunnel the crap out of them, if you so choose, then drop them and let the timer run out. It's really not that hard. Plus, while they're down, they make great bait to trap would be heros.

My point is, it isn't anything to fear like it used to be when it could be used indiscriminately, since it had no timers or activation prerequisites aside from being downed, which didn't hurt the survivor unless they failed the check. There are many ways around DS. Slugging, is always a good option as it provides a window of opportunity to lure other survivors, the Doctor is a great natural counter with his power, since it randomly moves the skill check circle around the screen, Trapper's Unnerving Presence cuts down the skill check bar nicely, Dribbling is still fairly effective, and of course Ivory and Ebony Mori's are a natural counter to DS. Don't be afraid of DS, as it's rare to actually have a survivor the that's able to make good use of it , Outside of SWF swarm teams and the occasional dedicated looper. Just be patient about how you do things. 40 seconds isn't that long to wait.

• Cable2486

Nope. I think you're thinking of BT. DS only activates for 40 seconds after being unhooked or unhooking yourself. The time doesn't change with lvl. It doesn't prevent slugging at all, either.

• Cable2486

Oops. My bad. It does. Lol. Still, 60 seconds is that long.

• Archimedes5000

No.

After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 40/50/60 seconds

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

DS already has had a nerf though last year, yes some killers will leave you on the floor, some will tunnel you first though, i think Unbreakable is a lot better anway as not many suspect you have it.

• Archimedes5000

It was nerfed and then buffed again. And the nerf you are talking about is the 60 second timer that was completly necessary, it would be even more ridiculous without timer, than it is right now

• acer20098
    acer20098 Member Posts: 14

the entire idea of DS is to stop the killer from downing you and hooking you after you get unhooked, if you dislike not being able to tunnel maybe youre the problem here

• Archimedes5000

The problem with DS is that it doesnt only stop tunneling, it stops killer from playing good, because you can hook 3 people, but the 4th escapes ans saves the game just because of being hooked less than 1 minute ago.

DS should counter tunneling, but ONLY that, not give a survivior 60 seconds of repairing gens uninterrupted.

• acer20098
    edited January 2020

i feel like it would take at least a minute to hook someone and get back to the person with ds, and even if you know ds is active there is dribbling (idk if bvhr made that not work), slugging, camping, just taking the stun, or you could always use them as bait to draw out the other survivors

• Archimedes5000
    edited January 2020

Dribbling doesnt work. You hit the skillcheck during pickup animation

Yes, it should be more than 60 seconds. But good players can do it faster. And surviviors that use DS often use that 60 seconds to heal under hook, go for crazy saves, do gens 10 meters from killer, bodyblock, etc, especially when using it with Unbreakable, because they know you cant do anything to them.

• acer20098

i figured they fixed it but i also stated you could slug them, camp them, take the stun, or use them as bait.

• Archimedes5000

Slugging is countered with Unbreakable, and DS is so popular that you have to assume that every survivior has DS. Camping is toxic and punishable, so doesnt count. Using as bait is the only option, but sometimes you cant do that... And surviviors with active DS often dont let you slug by going to lockers, forcing you to take the stun, which can be deadly for snowballing killers

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

in some cases you can get caught hiding near the hook or far away from the hook, doesn't matter which you choose to do. sometimes killer finds you even if he got lucky and was able to hook another straight away (hence killers are faster, survivors slower especially when injured)

tunneling is how you say it is but also if you go back to the recent rescued before the rescued got chance to be healed. otherwise what is the point in second chances and second hooks? the meaning of tunneling has 2 reasons.

• Archimedes5000

I know, but I mean that killer shouldn't get punished for getting lucky and finding you again, if he is following you deliberately then ok, but hooking another survivior means that he isn't trying to tunnel deliberately, he "let you go" to catch and hook another survivior.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

It should at the very least not trigger from being grabbed from generators, totems or lockers.

• bomb1720

i see what you're saying but should a survivor get punished as soon as they get rescued? it's so frustrating when that happens. killers have more options than to go for the just rescued again especially when they know they are still in the process of healing. some killers blantently do it when they can see that they are healing.

• bomb1720

i'm sure there is a killer perk that blocks gens, thats a bonus for hooking, so the killer does get something

• Archimedes5000
    edited January 2020

Its in surviviors interest to get away from the killer safely and not get caught... It sounds pretty ridiculous that the killer is supposed take pity on a survivior because he did not get away safely... You know what I mean. And this works as you say only if surviviors are also kind enough not to do gens right in front of you because they know that you can't grab them.

DS should be strong enough to discourage killer from tunneling, but weak enough so that surviviors don't feel "complete safety" and get cocky and aggresive. Surviviors are supposed to be scared and run away from the killer, not slap him in the face and then hide in a locker so that killer cant even slug them.

DS is supposed to be a "desperate attack in a decisive moment", not some kind of "brave assault" like Head On

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

People should be cautious what they wish for, a truly anti-tunnel change to DS would be very compelling. I would LOVE for DS to get a major change to address the issue. It would work TWICE since you can be tunneled off the Hook two times, among other changes to truly remedy tunneling and Killers will be begging for the existing iteration.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited January 2020

Not sure how you get from "I want an anti tunnel perk" to that meaning it should have more than 1 charge. That isn't what I said at all.

Wanting it to counter tunneling does not mean it should counter tunneling multiple times. That isn't the same thing.

• Nicholas

I never said you did, in fact I quoted you entirely so there was no risk of anyone reaching that conclusion. On topic, one charge is insufficient, you can be tunneled twice so imo it should work on both occasions. The 60s timer would have to go but another mechanism to detect being tunneled would have to be implemented. I have some ideas but it gets complicated, not sure the game can even recognize the detection to trigger a new version of DS.

• Blueberry
    edited January 2020

If you think it's insufficient then you aren't playing at rank 1. No one at rank 1 would think that. Even 1 DS is game swinging, much less 4...or even more if we had your change.

Anti-tunnel means you get 1 tunnel attempt blocked, not blocked from being tunneled all game.

• Nicholas
    edited January 2020

I happen to be R1 in both roles.

That's your opinion but don't act like it is authoritative. Anti-tunnel means exactly that, being opposed to tunneling. That term doesn't identify any such limits. I also said the 60s timer would need to go if it worked twice to balance it out but ultimately imo tunneling should be a highly punishable behavior. And by that I don't mean a ToS violation, but via some other means to discourage it. I think Killers should have the freedom to tunnel of course.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited January 2020

Just don't tunnel, Jesus Christ how hard is it. Or play with clock on your desk and memorize time of unhook if u want to tunnel so badly. This way you dodge both bt and ds. If you know that person unhooking another survivor has ds active (swf often like abusing it) don't grab them, lunge or use power.

I think ds is fine but that it should be affected by enduring since its only 50% now. This and head on stun.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited January 2020

@Archimedes5000

Picture this:

• A camping killer camps.

• The only way to unhook the person is to bait the hit, because otherwise you get grabbed.

• Survivor takes the hit, unhooks, and then takes another hit and goes down.

• Now the killer tunnels the DS survivor, and downs them.

Killer returns to hook the survivor who saved.

• Survivor originally hooked loses DS.

Tell me... what exactly could the survivor unhooking done different? Do gens? Bring BT?

Nah. We shouldn't be forced to bringing that perk in literally every single match. So that's why DS the way it works is the most balanced you will see it. Killers underestimate how much pressure there is in simply slugging, and guess what? Many killers already slug DS or no DS, because it is that good, and a luxury.

• Blueberry

That wouldn't be even remotely close to a good idea for game balance at all in any stretch of the imagination.I do not believe you are rank 1 on both sides either.

• Nicholas
    edited January 2020

First you said I was putting words in your mouth, and then you said anti-tunnel was limited to one time and now this? I shut you down on every front. Lol my idea is not even fleshed out, so how could you conclude it isn't balanced? All of your statements have no basis in reality, first you act like your opinion is authoritative and then you pretend to represent all red ranked players. You've lost all credibility in this discussion. Good bye!

• Alaskandaredevil
    Alaskandaredevil Member Posts: 6

I think it's stupid to nerf the same perk again

• Archimedes5000

You are 100% right, but this is not tunneling, this is normal camping. I completly agree that camping needs to be punished, but DS is NOT a perk to deal with that. Camping should be punished in a different way

• Archimedes5000

Last update to this perk was a buff anyway

Doesnt matter how many times something was nerfed, what matters is how strong it is and if it does its job properly.

• SquidFacedMan
    SquidFacedMan Member Posts: 148

DS is fine, it works pretty much as intended. You can still slug a person running DS. You have a sixty second wait, but it's still slowing the game in your favour to have somebody on the ground and their team needing to pick them up. Naturally it gives them a chance to get away but that's only fair over the option of having no recourse against tunneling.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    edited January 2020

killer cry need a nerf.

• Cable2486
  • Sinner5Gonn4Sin
    Sinner5Gonn4Sin Member Posts: 103

I agree for the locker grabs, not gens or totems tho. You can still lunge towards them and slug right after, so it shouldn't be so free either.

I think ds is fine but that it should be affected by enduring since its only 50% now. This and head on stun.

That would render one of the best killerperks combo ( Enduring/Spirit Fury ) even stronger, and pretty much make both of those perks useless. 3 seconds stun into 1.5 is miserable, DS would still be a thing but wouldn't really serve its original purpose since a 2.5 stun is not really enough to make distance.

• TerrorTrooper
    TerrorTrooper Member Posts: 94

instead of a DS nerf they need to not allow every survivor to have the same perk equipped. At least for swf.

• vux_intruder
    vux_intruder Member Posts: 175
  • vux_intruder
    vux_intruder Member Posts: 175

It’s already been nerfed, DS was cancer before and the way it has been implemented now is exactly how they wanted the perk to work in the first place. It doesn’t need a change, most times you can literally eat the DS and still get the survivor or know they won’t have DS anymore all match. It’s really not that bad.