So,,, nobody wants to talk about Otz's new video???

Options

Title

Comments

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299
    Options

Everyone has their own way of playing, including this Otz guy. Not one bit interested in that guy

• Farshad7913
    Farshad7913 Member Posts: 58
    Options

it's not his playstyle im talking about, you should probably watch it. just 4 minutes in and youll get it.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

I watched it, after you let me know who the person is. It was a very high pressure game with survivors highly coordinated, doing gens right in his face and trying to set up Head on stuns to save teammates who were in chase. They got 4 gens done and he got 3 kills.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

True said this, Otz said that, Hexy said this, Tofu says that.... it's always the SSDD. Sorry you dont see it.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,038
    Options

Shush your not supposed to tell people about our secret SWF members

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

They are identifiable as knowledgeable figures. While streamer worship does occur (*cough*Tru3*cough*), not everything that has something to do with a streamer is mindless following.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Why is it always imagine? Why not show proof where it actually happens, oh wait it doesn't.

Otz played far from optimally in that vid and wasted perk slots as well I have gathered. Stop getting riled up and look at the facts: running a meme build isn't going to guarantee you an easy win. Hell, at the competitive level there are pretty much no easy wins without moris or toolboxes.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

With all the videos the guy uploads, only the one where he uses a mediocre build and does costly mistakes (like tunneling Yui at the beginning, which he himself admits was a mistake) is worth a mention here?

Anyway imagine if gens were slower, would have something changed aside from him getting a 3k with more than 1 gen remaining?

• Mrwood204
    Mrwood204 Member Posts: 226
    Options

"Complex Dbd gameplay theory" .... really?

Please enlighten me

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Well I haven't mastered it myself, if you watch Ohtofu's podcast you might get a general understanding. Ussylis mentions it in some of his videos too if I'm not mistaken. You already heard about Otz.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

He played very well skillwise speaking but he also made several mistakes, he has 3 tracking perks and zanshin (which is decent for newcomers, for veterans not so much), not a single slowdown perk or chase perk like Pop or Bamboozle, should have hooked Yui at the begining when she got downed near a hook (with Pop that same gen would have been regressed more than 20 seconds), bumped into a lot of trees/rocks, sometimes he abused the chainsaw when there was no need and seeing how much they were genrushing he should have defended the gen in the house and the 2 adjacent gens from the start. The locker plays were masteful tho.

The genrush in the video is insane true, but he still got 3 kills with a not very good build in a very bad map for Hillbilly..

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240
    Options

Yeah he slugged wrong in the beginning. He should have went back to the first survivor he downed to keep the pressure on all of them. But instead when he downed the Nea he instantly picked her up.

We get gen speeds are fast but there are small windows of opportunity that arise and well it was there in the start of the match.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

The perks were helpful at times, but they were definitely not optimal.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

No I'm saying the game is not easy at a competitive level.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Dude that says so much with such little text, I like it LOL

I just don't get how people can say Otz played super optimally, or trying to defend his build, which I'll remind everyone is: Zanshin Tactics, BBQ, Discordance, Bitter Murmur. This isn't exactly the worst build, but there's a reason you don't see these perks a ton with maybe BBQ being the exception, but that's for BP. Otz also crashed into several things with his chainsaw which gave up a decent chunk of his time when combining all the chainsaw stuns. Even with all that he still managed the 3, and almost 4k.

I'm just not seeing what the point of discussion is even supposed to be here. Otz had what seemed to be "average" for what people on the forums seem to think (with the toolboxes and meta perks and whatnot). Not average for Otz though. And he still did fine. What's being proven by referencing this video again?

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

He did the mistakes mostly after the 3 gens were done, so it does not change that genrush was too fast and nothing could be done.

You should not be forced to bring slowdown perks every game, especially on killers that are supposed to be "high mobility - high pressure" killers.

Same with chase perks, most of them are not that good on Billy anyway.

The surviviors were not playing that good either, he found them all the time, that game shoud've been a 4k. Also if he didnt tunnel that one guy out of the game, they would probably finish the last gen too, and who knows how it would play out later.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

I am confused to the point of this post. He got a 3k? Is that not enough? He got a 3k given the two toolboxes (which the devs said they are going to look at).

This discussion has been closed.