solution for face camping

Before anyone storms at me like a madman i know that face camping is not deserving of a ban but it is an a*hole thing to do so i came up with a solution. (keep in mind that this is ONLY a suggestion)

If the killer is standing ?m near the hook, the hooked survivor will be teleported to another hook in 30 seconds. (if the killer hasn't moved out of the area) Both the killer and the survivor will get a notification that the survivor has been moved onto another hook.

Comments

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Something should be done about face camping, but this idea can probably be exploited or come off too strong. Honestly, if you affect their points and their pips, they'd probably slow down on the camps.

Also, camping is a weak and boring strat (tunneling is quite dumb, too). I think killers should get like style points (towards blood points and pips) for how they kill. Like they lose points if the method is easy (e.i. face camps, tunnels) and gain points for switching targets and not going back immediately. Camping really does ruin it for one side, though, and most of the time it isn't even deserved. It should be an active decision to punish at a cost rather than just be the easy way out. Also, more game modes would be fun. w

• Camping can indeed be a decent strategy yet as a high ranking killer myself, I strongly feel that camping is only a good strategy when it comes to the gates are powered or open, when three generators are close together, survivors being way too overconfident, parties in the basement, basement builds, and finally when a generator is nearly done and you hook a survivor near it. You now have objective control over both the hook and generator yet my main concern is with the blatant camping aka griefing . I've had campers camp me for no reason and many others when 5 generators are up, and I find it highly annoying that there's really not many counters to camping beside genrushing " sucks for that guy". I think that is wrong that another player has to suffer just for someone's sadistic amusement!

Suggestions/fix 2- I think it's not a bad idea to create items or more perks that can free someone being camped. What i believe should happen is that our report system needs to be reworked to deal with people who grief just to ruin your day yet here are my ideas.

Purple Bomb- I name this item purple bomb to give homage to our good old friend( I hate you) purple flashlight. The light bomb would be an ultra rare that when thrown, will blow up on impact, stunning a killer near the hook for x amount of seconds due to the immense amount of Auric light or just light produced from the blast. The draw back of this item that the killer must be near a hook and only ONE can be brought into the game. If more than one purple bomb is attempted to be brought into the game, only one person will keep their purple bomb randomly and the others will have different items they own and if they own no items, no items will be brought.

FireCrackers- They never bothered me once as a killer yet I found use as them as a survivor. I feel like firecrackers deafen mechanic can be looked at to change it to where a killer can't perform any action besides moving while deafen x amount of time depending on the firecrackers' rarity.

Adding a special toolbox or toolbox add on that allows for a survivor to be able to unhook someone by causing the hook to collapse and if the camping killer is in that radius of the collapse hook, they're stun for x amount of time.

Perk 1- The Jester's Demise- If a Killer camps you for x amount of time when the gates ARE NOT OPEN OR POWERED IN ANY AMOUNT the Entity grants you it's protection for x amount of time to you and your savior to where nothing can put you into a dying state for x amount of time. T-baging will disable the effect and borrowed time, Adrenaline, and no perks such as self care, dead hard, and much more cannot be used during The Jester's Demise and X amount of time afterwards on both players who have The jester's Demise on them. This can only be used once per Trial( game) If the killer is in a chase around the hook, the x amount of time will not be added. I put x amount of time as in how much time would be needed to active the perk.

Perk 2- Not_Dead- If a killer camps you to second stage for x amount of time, the second stage will be delayed & The Fog will swirl around you, you will have a chance to hit a skillcheck. if you hit this skillcheck, the fog will teleport you to a safe spot on the map, very far from the exit gate yet very far from killer. if the killer tries to hit the fog that shrouds you in those moments, you will be healed to a healthy state.

We could also add some items for characters for example a guitar that can only be used and found by Kate Denson Kate wil be able to use guitar to quell the killer for x amount of time by playing the song that caused her to come into The Entity's world or a foul pizza. Dwight can used a foul pizza ridden with auric cells to distract the killer to devour it for x amount of time.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@fluffybunny said:
    Something should be done about face camping, but this idea can probably be exploited or come off too strong. Honestly, if you affect their points and their pips, they'd probably slow down on the camps.

Also, camping is a weak and boring strat (tunneling is quite dumb, too). I think killers should get like style points (towards blood points and pips) for how they kill. Like they lose points if the method is easy (e.i. face camps, tunnels) and gain points for switching targets and not going back immediately. Camping really does ruin it for one side, though, and most of the time it isn't even deserved. It should be an active decision to punish at a cost rather than just be the easy way out. Also, more game modes would be fun. w

TL;DR version - "Killers playing efficiently is boring, and they should be punished for it."

10/10 Survivor logic right there. When can Survivors start being punished for working on generators that have already been partially repaired?

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

@DarkGGhost said:
    So you want a free escape every time the killer hook you? To bad this is very bad idea. 

Free escape?The killer will know where you are and he can quickly rush to you especially if it's a billy or nurse.I feel sorry that my comment triggered you since you probably play hag ( judging by your profile pic)

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

TL;DR version - "Killers playing efficiently is boring, and they should be punished for it."

10/10 Survivor logic right there. When can Survivors start being punished for working on generators that have already been partially repaired?

No, no, no - that would be unfair for survivors, you see. He wants a fair changes (for survivors ofc), so they are good.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@grayon444 you say the surr will teleported to another hook in 30 seconds if the killer be aroun , but what will be that area , what happen if another surr be chase by the killer, what will happen if the exit are open or power up, or you hook the surr between 3 gens and what the limit for the teleport ( can you go to the basement ? The reazon whis is free escape is because the kille no matter who is he must leave the area.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

@Justicar said:
    There is no need whatsoever for anything to be done about face camping. Let your teammates enjoy the free gens and GL next match.

camping is an a-hole tactic

• grayon444

@DarkGGhost said:
    @grayon444 you say the surr will teleported to another hook in 30 seconds if the killer be aroun , but what will be that area , what happen if another surr be chase by the killer, what will happen if the exit are open or power up, or you hook the surr between 3 gens and what the limit for the teleport ( can you go to the basement ? The reazon whis is free escape is because the kille no matter who is he must leave the area.

This is up to the devs to decide.I just gave the basics and the range for the face camping punishment will not be that big, you could still face camp but a bit farer from the hook, so at least the hooked survivor could ACTUALLY have a little chance of escaping.Perks like sprint burst and dead hard will ensure the escape on new killers if you are hooked near the exit.But if you are playing against experienced you might get downed (then again, what kind of experienced killer face camps? lol)

• DarkGGhost

@grayon444 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

This is up to the devs to decide.I just gave the basics and the range for the face camping punishment will not be that big, you could still face camp but a bit farer from the hook, so at least the hooked survivor could ACTUALLY have a little chance of escaping.Perks like sprint burst and dead hard will ensure the escape on new killers if you are hooked near the exit.But if you are playing against experienced you might get downed (then again, what kind of experienced killer face camps? lol)

@grayon444 so you hear one stemer talk about it and you say " yes i will post it even though i have no idea if this will ever work " good for you.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845

Kindred is the solution, nothing else is needed

• DarkGGhost

@GT_Legend2 sure as long is not free

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Face camping does not exist anymore. Face camping was the killer standing in front of the survivor and blocking the "press m1 to unhook" prompt. This has been removed with the introduction of swivel hooks.
    You can now unhook from any angle.
    Is it wise to unhook in front of a Leatherface who has his chainsaw reffed? Nope, but you are free to do so, if you wish to.

• M4rkay
    M4rkay Member Posts: 30

First of all, I still wish to complain about that hatch. Second, if a survivor is faced camped, either go save the survivor or leave him/her and gen-rush as the punishment for camping.

• M4rkay
    edited August 2018

@Tsulan said:
    Face camping does not exist anymore. Face camping was the killer standing in front of the survivor and blocking the "press m1 to unhook" prompt. This has been removed with the introduction of swivel hooks.
    Is it wise to unhook in front of a Leatherface who has his chainsaw reffed? Nope, but you are free to do so, if you wish to.

Yes, and even if you are trying to grab that survivor from any angle that is rescuing, you are still vulnerable to body blocks. So what are the survivors so pissed about if they got opportunities that can outplay the killer. Many survivors are so spoiled, according to complain about the least necessary things that occur within the game.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@M4rkay said:

@Tsulan said:

Yes, and even if you are trying to grab that survivor from any angle that is rescuing, you are still vulnerable to body blocks. So what are the survivors so pissed about if they got opportunities that can outplay the killer. Many survivors are so spoiled, according to complain about the least necessary things that occur within the game.

I can understand the frustration a survivor feels, when he´s hooked and no one comes to rescue him, because the killer stands in front of the hook. But this is how the game was designed from the beginning. Best thing the survivor can do is either struggle as long as possible to give his team the time to finish the gens or die as quickly as possible to find a new match, when the team doesn´t do gens.

• ZeroXkos
    ZeroXkos Member Posts: 1

I'm sorry but as a killer you should not be rewarded for being lazy. If you are not being Active and trying to catch the survivors then you are not actually taking part in the game you are technically just farming. Killers should yes be rewarded for playing smart and keeping someone hooked, 100% that's the point BUT, You should lose something for just staring at one person and not hunting. It shouldn't be huge but it should b something, maybe just something like if i'm just staring down the guy/gal i hooked then it takes longer for the entity to eat them, or less skill checks for the active survivors. Nothing huge like i said just something small to insensitive the hunt more.

Over all it doesn't break the game just makes it less fun and honestly a little easier for the remaining survivors if they are smart.

• grayon444

@DarkGGhost said:

@grayon444 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@grayon444 so you hear one stemer talk about it and you say " yes i will post it even though i have no idea if this will ever work " good for you.

i can't understand anything of what you're saying.I just gave them the basic idea.It's up for them to add the other stuff.

• grayon444

@M4rkay said:

@Tsulan said:

Mood for killers.Both sides are reflections of themselves.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@grayon444 said:
    Before anyone storms at me like a madman i know that face camping is not deserving of a ban but it is an a*hole thing to do so i came up with a solution. (keep in mind that this is ONLY a suggestion)

If the killer is standing ?m near the hook, the hooked survivor will be teleported to another hook in 30 seconds. (if the killer hasn't moved out of the area) Both the killer and the survivor will get a notification that the survivor has been moved onto another hook.

Doesnt matter whether facecamping deserves a bann or not.
    Facecamping is impossible nowadays because devs fixed it, so that question doesnt need to be answered

• M4rkay

@grayon444 said:

@M4rkay said:

@Tsulan said:

That's why you have to try both roles to understand the pain on each side. I can understand that you get mad when hooked, but that doesn't mean you can complain about everything for what your cause of loss is. Yes both killers and survivors are toxic, because some people just won't understand how the game is made to be played, and thus keep continuing ######### posting on the forums for bigger demand of imbalance.

I understand frustration of both sides. It's not fun to get tunneled, camped, looped, flashlighted, etc. I know them all. And the game really requires skill to play also, so if you get camped, there is borrowed time and kindred, also it's just bad luck. If killers loses their prey, they have to be better at finding survivors, and camping is a bad play by the killer if no generators is completed. Camping is just a tactic by the killers if there are no hope for sacrificing others than you as an example and the exit gates might be opened already. I'm jkust gonna end it here, I can write about this for hours and i think this is enough.

• grayon444

@M4rkay said:

@grayon444 said:

@M4rkay said:

@Tsulan said:

That's why you have to try both roles to understand the pain on each side. I can understand that you get mad when hooked, but that doesn't mean you can complain about everything for what your cause of loss is. Yes both killers and survivors are toxic, because some people just won't understand how the game is made to be played, and thus keep continuing ######### posting on the forums for bigger demand of imbalance.

I understand frustration of both sides. It's not fun to get tunneled, camped, looped, flashlighted, etc. I know them all. And the game really requires skill to play also, so if you get camped, there is borrowed time and kindred, also it's just bad luck. If killers loses their prey, they have to be better at finding survivors, and camping is a bad play by the killer if no generators is completed. Camping is just a tactic by the killers if there are no hope for sacrificing others than you as an example and the exit gates might be opened already. I'm jkust gonna end it here, I can write about this for hours and i think this is enough.

I'm actually a decent killer myself.I have a p3 hillbilly and i also struggle with looping, flashlights, toxic swf ,etc. but i've never face camped EVER in my life.And i don't get mad at camping and tunneling since this is a game tactic, but face camping is like telling the player to suck a big D without talking to them.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@ZeroXkos said:
    I'm sorry but as a killer you should not be rewarded for being lazy. If you are not being Active and trying to catch the survivors then you are not actually taking part in the game you are technically just farming.

You are punished for camping. You get less bloodpoints and the survivors get free, easy gens.

@ZeroXkos said:
    Killers should yes be rewarded for playing smart and keeping someone hooked, 100% that's the point BUT,

You should lose something for just staring at one person and not hunting.

Again, you already lose something , see the above.

@ZeroXkos said:
    It shouldn't be huge but it should b something, maybe just something like if i'm just staring down the guy/gal i hooked then it takes longer for the entity to eat them, or less skill checks for the active survivors.

Camping is fine if the survivors aren't braindead. As as survivor, you are NOT entitled to three hooks. It sucks for you if it happens, but not everything in life is fair.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Another survivor main asking for a free escape or some kind of way to abuse the camping system that's been working as intended from day one of release..

• fluffybunny
    edited August 2018

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

TL;DR - "Killers camping is lazy and you should get additional points for not afking in front of someone or for changing it up"

Didn't know people needed a tl;dr for a paragraph, but there you go. When I play killer, I don't camp or tunnel. It's more fun that way tbh. That way I don't feel like I'm targeting one person.

• Orion

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

TL;DR - "Killers camping is lazy and you should get additional points for not afking in front of someone or for changing it up"

Didn't know people needed a tl;dr for a paragraph, but there you go. When I play killer, I don't camp or tunnel. It's more fun that way tbh. That way I don't feel like I'm targeting one person.

No, you literally said Killers should be punished for not playing how you believe is fun.

Just for the record, in case you didn't realize, this is a PvP game. The Killer is not there to amuse you; he's the opposing team.

• fluffybunny

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

No, you literally said Killers should be punished for not playing how you believe is fun.

Just for the record, in case you didn't realize, this is a PvP game. The Killer is not there to amuse you; he's the opposing team.

Just for the record, in case you didn't realize, this is a PvP game. Meaning, you're not playing against robots. You cheat, it's wrong, right? Tunneling and camping makes the game an awful experience for everyone but the killer evidently. I personally find it boring, but you seem to like it. It sucks for survivors, though. Have some empathy. Survivors have the right to want to have fun in a game they've payed to play, too. Like I've said in other posts, I would be up for killers getting a massive buff if they could stop the camping and the tunneling. Make it viable to go after the healthy one, rather than the hurt one. Maybe patrol the gens instead of the one on the hook. Make the gens naturally go slower if the killer is nearby or something. This game takes both survivors and killers and just because you find it "fun" doesn't mean it's correct or "fun" for everyone. I'm sure the toxic survivors who say stuff like "EZ" and cuss you out for being bad or make fun of you also finds that fun, but that's not very nice. I'm sure the people who cheat also find that fun, but that isn't right.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    They just need to do a survivor perk that combats it. I believe they will find perks that will combat it. Killers bbq and chilli helps them get off hook. Make your choice helps killer choose the less tunnel option. They just need to fix the toxic behaviours with the right perks for each side. Killers need some red stain and long chase perks. Survivors need some facecamping and tunneling perks. I have small suggestion below.
    (This is from my own fanmade chapter)

Bloody Mary

When hooked your screams intensify and create a growing blood barrier that can grow to 3/5/7 meters. When the hooked survivor exits the bubble it will go away instantly.

• Orion

@FayeZahara said:
    They just need to do a survivor perk that combats it. I believe they will find perks that will combat it. Killers bbq and chilli helps them get off hook. Make your choice helps killer choose the less tunnel option. They just need to fix the toxic behaviours with the right perks for each side. Killers need some red stain and long chase perks. Survivors need some facecamping and tunneling perks. I have small suggestion below.

Bloody Mary

When hooked your screams intensify and create a growing blood barrier that can grow to 3/5/7 meters. When the hooked survivor exits the bubble it will go away instantly.

Free unhook perk. That's what that is.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@Orion said:

@FayeZahara said:

Bloody Mary

The next DS BS.

• grayon444

@AlexAnarchy said:
    Another survivor main asking for a free escape or some kind of way to abuse the camping system that's been working as intended from day one of release..

It's really funny how people like you like to assume that people only like to play on one side and ######### about the other one.Guess this shows what kind of person you actually are.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

@Orion said:

@FayeZahara said:

Bloody Mary

Just makes the facecamp field bigger now to go around but gives opportunity for survivors to camp down in bubble. (maybe the perk needs a pop audio cue or pop time) But if think numbers are unfair let me know cause im a killer main and thought this range worked best.

• Master

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

When you play killer? You mean once per week for dailies at rank 20?
    Yeah at those ranks you can play fine without tunneling

• Master

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

Just for the record, in case you didn't realize, this is a PvP game. Meaning, you're not playing against robots. You cheat, it's wrong, right? Tunneling and camping makes the game an awful experience for everyone but the killer evidently. I personally find it boring, but you seem to like it. It sucks for survivors, though. Have some empathy. Survivors have the right to want to have fun in a game they've payed to play, too. Like I've said in other posts, I would be up for killers getting a massive buff if they could stop the camping and the tunneling. Make it viable to go after the healthy one, rather than the hurt one. Maybe patrol the gens instead of the one on the hook. Make the gens naturally go slower if the killer is nearby or something. This game takes both survivors and killers and just because you find it "fun" doesn't mean it's correct or "fun" for everyone. I'm sure the toxic survivors who say stuff like "EZ" and cuss you out for being bad or make fun of you also finds that fun, but that's not very nice. I'm sure the people who cheat also find that fun, but that isn't right.

I play survivor too. I am fine being camped because I know that my team can escape then
    Only tunneling feels bad, but well.

As killer I wont tunnel survivors if the survivors dont tunnel gens. Thats only a fair compromise, do you agree?
    If survivors tunnel gens however, they dont leave me enough time to 2 hook everyone before I start killing, so I switch my game strategy to tunneling in order to become more time efficient

• fluffybunny

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

When you play killer? You mean once per week for dailies at rank 20?
    Yeah at those ranks you can play fine without tunneling

I face plenty of people who do fine without tunneling or camping. I also have watched plenty of people who don't need to resort to camping and tunneling to get kills or wins. My current rank is supposedly reflective of my skill level. I'm not all that great at tracking yet, but I'm still learning. I feel if I camped, that would take away from learning, though, and give me an easy way out. I feel bad when I play survivor, but also when I play killer when one person is tunneled. As I said to someone else, it's like you've decided that person isn't going to have a fun round that game. Like you're targeting them. I've also had games where I was tunneled and camped 'cause someone else was toxic. Okay? You're taking it out on the wrong person. Just saying.

• fluffybunny

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

I play survivor too. I am fine being camped because I know that my team can escape then

As killer I wont tunnel survivors if the survivors dont tunnel gens. Thats only a fair compromise, do you agree?
    If survivors tunnel gens however, they dont leave me enough time to 2 hook everyone before I start killing, so I switch my game strategy to tunneling in order to become more time efficient

I'm fine with camping on certain conditions. Otherwise, it annoys me. I dislike when it happens at the start of the match or before I get much points. I understand when it happens if someone's being toxic and they're camping for that, that's fine. The issue is that camping is quite easy and even rewarding. You may need to find someone first, but you can basically just afk around them and someone is likely going to try to go for the save. They want their points and their friend off the hook.

I don't mean to be rude, but is English your second language? I believe you mean to say "survivors rush gens" not tunnel. I can understand that sentiment and something should be done to make the process a bit more complex. Like, maybe having to fetch something for the generator, too. Gen rushing typically happens because of a lack of pressure on the field, but there's bound to be some off while you're chasing. If one doesn't camp, they'll switch targets to someone else and that's three people doing something else (assuming someone's going for the save). If you don't tunnel, you'll hopefully just get the current person you're chasing down. If you happen to run into the other person again, I don't really think that's tunneling unless you actually go out looking for them. I think that's kinda hard to say it happened for sure, though.

• Master
    edited August 2018

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

I'm fine with camping on certain conditions. Otherwise, it annoys me. I dislike when it happens at the start of the match or before I get much points. I understand when it happens if someone's being toxic and they're camping for that, that's fine. The issue is that camping is quite easy and even rewarding. You may need to find someone first, but you can basically just afk around them and someone is likely going to try to go for the save. They want their points and their friend off the hook.

I don't mean to be rude, but is English your second language? I believe you mean to say "survivors rush gens" not tunnel. I can understand that sentiment and something should be done to make the process a bit more complex. Like, maybe having to fetch something for the generator, too. Gen rushing typically happens because of a lack of pressure on the field, but there's bound to be some off while you're chasing. If one doesn't camp, they'll switch targets to someone else and that's three people doing something else (assuming someone's going for the save). If you don't tunnel, you'll hopefully just get the current person you're chasing down. If you happen to run into the other person again, I don't really think that's tunneling unless you actually go out looking for them. I think that's kinda hard to say it happened for sure, though.

Yes english isnt my mother tongue, but I dare to say that im quite confident using it :wink:
    Doesnt matter how you call it, genrush or tunneling gens (what does that have to do with english btw?)

Look at it analytically:
    As killer it is called tunneling when you proceed completing your objective on a single survivor, after the first hook this survivor is at 33% dead, after 2nd hook 66% dead. It is for some reason considered toxic to tunnel, i.e. playing efficiently by completing your objective in a time efficient way.

Now compare that to survivor
    If you have repaired a gen to 66%, would you change your gen now or would you complete the 66% gen?
    Because if you complete the 66%gen, then you are tunneling gens.

Thats literally using the definition of tunneling brought up by survivors.
    As I said, non-tunneling survivors give me enough time not to tunnel them too.

And I would like to challenge you to explain me how a killer can be more effective by not tunneling, its literall common sense to do that.

And regarding the killers that do well without tunneling/camping, I challenge you to show them to me, and ofc they have to be high ranks, non-nurses and play against a competent team of survivors.

• Master

@fluffybunny
    Deleted comment? So what, guess you cant find such an example anymore :wink:

• fluffybunny

@Master said:
    @fluffybunny

Nah, I went to edit it. It has to check it first or whatever.
    Give it a second

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited August 2018

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:
    @fluffybunny

Give it a second

Write the comment again. I've gotten the same message several times and never gets posted.

• Master

@Vietfox said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:
    @fluffybunny

Give it a second

Write the comment again. I've gotten the same message several times and never gets posted.

Yeah its because a mod has to go through it and approve it, but there are not enough mods to do that. One of my edited posts never made it through the approving process :lol:

• fluffybunny

@Master said:

@Vietfox said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:
    @fluffybunny

Give it a second

Yeah its because a mod has to go through it and approve it, but there are not enough mods to do that. One of my edited posts never made it through the approving process :lol:

Awe, it was a long post. Is there a way to check your past comments, regardless of if they're being approved?

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Master said:

@Vietfox said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:
    @fluffybunny

Give it a second

Awe, it was a long post. Is there a way to check your past comments, regardless of if they're being approved?

Check on Drafts, but it's probably gone.
  • fluffybunny

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

Yes english isnt my mother tongue, but I dare to say that im quite confident using it :wink:
    Doesnt matter how you call it, genrush or tunneling gens (what does that have to do with english btw?)

Look at it analytically:
    As killer it is called tunneling when you proceed completing your objective on a single survivor, after the first hook this survivor is at 33% dead, after 2nd hook 66% dead. It is for some reason considered toxic to tunnel, i.e. playing efficiently by completing your objective in a time efficient way.

If you have repaired a gen to 66%, would you change your gen now or would you complete the 66% gen?

And I would like to challenge you to explain me how a killer can be more effective by not tunneling, its literall common sense to do that.

And regarding the killers that do well without tunneling/camping, I challenge you to show them to me, and ofc they have to be high ranks, non-nurses and play against a competent team of survivors.

I said it was impressive to know multiple languages and understandable for such mistakes. When people use tunneling, they're referring to following around one person and keeping them from playing the game as normal. It's running after the person and not giving them a rest. Coming back for them if they were unhooked, etc. Gen rushing is when survivors sit on the gens without being disturbed or with nice boxes and get the gens done quickly. It's a funny image to think of a survivor running after a gen, though. #survivorkiller

Your analogy doesn't work. It's more similar to hooks. You aren't tunneling a hook by using it over and over. It's smart to go after the nearest hook. It isn't smart to tunnel one person as that is leaving three people with only gens to do. It's PvP and both having a good experience without feeling bullied or targeted is important.

As for the common sense of tunneling, you're leaving 2 people on the gen, 1 person on the hook, and 1 person going for the save. Unless you are not talking about tunneling in that regard. What I'm talking about is targetting a player straight off the hook and not giving them a break or following someone as gens pop around you. Sometimes people have a good rhythm in the area and it could be beneficial to give it a break to bug other people.

I said Monto and Puppers do quite well. I've also gone after many higher ranks that don't need to camp/tunnel to get everyone or to get a win. 3 out of 4 is still good. That's still a loss for survivors.

I think that's what I said, but I forgot.

• fluffybunny

@Vietfox said:
    fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@Vietfox said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny

Give it a second

Check on Drafts, but it's probably gone.

I did, but it was gone. ;w; I think I remember what I said, though.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

Look at it analytically:

I said it was impressive to know multiple languages and understandable for such mistakes. When people use tunneling, they're referring to following around one person and keeping them from playing the game as normal. It's running after the person and not giving them a rest. Coming back for them if they were unhooked, etc. Gen rushing is when survivors sit on the gens without being disturbed or with nice boxes and get the gens done quickly. It's a funny image to think of a survivor running after a gen, though. #survivorkiller

Your analogy doesn't work. It's more similar to hooks. You aren't tunneling a hook by using it over and over. It's smart to go after the nearest hook. It isn't smart to tunnel one person as that is leaving three people with only gens to do. It's PvP and both having a good experience without feeling bullied or targeted is important.

As for the common sense of tunneling, you're leaving 2 people on the gen, 1 person on the hook, and 1 person going for the save. Unless you are not talking about tunneling in that regard. What I'm talking about is targetting a player straight off the hook and not giving them a break or following someone as gens pop around you. Sometimes people have a good rhythm in the area and it could be beneficial to give it a break to bug other people.

I said Monto and Puppers do quite well. I've also gone after many higher ranks that don't need to camp/tunnel to get everyone or to get a win. 3 out of 4 is still good. That's still a loss for survivors.

I think that's what I said, but I forgot.

Puppers i agree because he streams . Monto only shows his wins tho. i cant really say that he is good like that now can i?

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

@grayon444 said:

I'm not going to lie, it isn't a horrible idea.
    Though I'd say disable this function once Exit Gates are powered because sometimes it's the only thing you can do.