@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:
    Something should be done about face camping, but this idea can probably be exploited or come off too strong. Honestly, if you affect their points and their pips, they'd probably slow down on the camps.

Also, camping is a weak and boring strat (tunneling is quite dumb, too). I think killers should get like style points (towards blood points and pips) for how they kill. Like they lose points if the method is easy (e.i. face camps, tunnels) and gain points for switching targets and not going back immediately. Camping really does ruin it for one side, though, and most of the time it isn't even deserved. It should be an active decision to punish at a cost rather than just be the easy way out. Also, more game modes would be fun. w

TL;DR version - "Killers playing efficiently is boring, and they should be punished for it."

10/10 Survivor logic right there. When can Survivors start being punished for working on generators that have already been partially repaired?

TL;DR - "Killers camping is lazy and you should get additional points for not afking in front of someone or for changing it up"

Didn't know people needed a tl;dr for a paragraph, but there you go. When I play killer, I don't camp or tunnel. It's more fun that way tbh. That way I don't feel like I'm targeting one person.

No, you literally said Killers should be punished for not playing how you believe is fun.

Just for the record, in case you didn't realize, this is a PvP game. The Killer is not there to amuse you; he's the opposing team.

Just for the record, in case you didn't realize, this is a PvP game. Meaning, you're not playing against robots. You cheat, it's wrong, right? Tunneling and camping makes the game an awful experience for everyone but the killer evidently. I personally find it boring, but you seem to like it. It sucks for survivors, though. Have some empathy. Survivors have the right to want to have fun in a game they've payed to play, too. Like I've said in other posts, I would be up for killers getting a massive buff if they could stop the camping and the tunneling. Make it viable to go after the healthy one, rather than the hurt one. Maybe patrol the gens instead of the one on the hook. Make the gens naturally go slower if the killer is nearby or something. This game takes both survivors and killers and just because you find it "fun" doesn't mean it's correct or "fun" for everyone. I'm sure the toxic survivors who say stuff like "EZ" and cuss you out for being bad or make fun of you also finds that fun, but that's not very nice. I'm sure the people who cheat also find that fun, but that isn't right.

I play survivor too. I am fine being camped because I know that my team can escape then
    Only tunneling feels bad, but well.

As killer I wont tunnel survivors if the survivors dont tunnel gens. Thats only a fair compromise, do you agree?
    If survivors tunnel gens however, they dont leave me enough time to 2 hook everyone before I start killing, so I switch my game strategy to tunneling in order to become more time efficient

I'm fine with camping on certain conditions. Otherwise, it annoys me. I dislike when it happens at the start of the match or before I get much points. I understand when it happens if someone's being toxic and they're camping for that, that's fine. The issue is that camping is quite easy and even rewarding. You may need to find someone first, but you can basically just afk around them and someone is likely going to try to go for the save. They want their points and their friend off the hook.

I don't mean to be rude, but is English your second language? I believe you mean to say "survivors rush gens" not tunnel. I can understand that sentiment and something should be done to make the process a bit more complex. Like, maybe having to fetch something for the generator, too. Gen rushing typically happens because of a lack of pressure on the field, but there's bound to be some off while you're chasing. If one doesn't camp, they'll switch targets to someone else and that's three people doing something else (assuming someone's going for the save). If you don't tunnel, you'll hopefully just get the current person you're chasing down. If you happen to run into the other person again, I don't really think that's tunneling unless you actually go out looking for them. I think that's kinda hard to say it happened for sure, though.

Yes english isnt my mother tongue, but I dare to say that im quite confident using it :wink:
    Doesnt matter how you call it, genrush or tunneling gens (what does that have to do with english btw?)

Look at it analytically:
    As killer it is called tunneling when you proceed completing your objective on a single survivor, after the first hook this survivor is at 33% dead, after 2nd hook 66% dead. It is for some reason considered toxic to tunnel, i.e. playing efficiently by completing your objective in a time efficient way.

Now compare that to survivor
    If you have repaired a gen to 66%, would you change your gen now or would you complete the 66% gen?
    Because if you complete the 66%gen, then you are tunneling gens.

Thats literally using the definition of tunneling brought up by survivors.
    As I said, non-tunneling survivors give me enough time not to tunnel them too.

And I would like to challenge you to explain me how a killer can be more effective by not tunneling, its literall common sense to do that.

And regarding the killers that do well without tunneling/camping, I challenge you to show them to me, and ofc they have to be high ranks, non-nurses and play against a competent team of survivors.

I said it was impressive to know multiple languages and understandable for such mistakes. When people use tunneling, they're referring to following around one person and keeping them from playing the game as normal. It's running after the person and not giving them a rest. Coming back for them if they were unhooked, etc. Gen rushing is when survivors sit on the gens without being disturbed or with nice boxes and get the gens done quickly. It's a funny image to think of a survivor running after a gen, though. #survivorkiller

Your analogy doesn't work. It's more similar to hooks. You aren't tunneling a hook by using it over and over. It's smart to go after the nearest hook. It isn't smart to tunnel one person as that is leaving three people with only gens to do. It's PvP and both having a good experience without feeling bullied or targeted is important.

As for the common sense of tunneling, you're leaving 2 people on the gen, 1 person on the hook, and 1 person going for the save. Unless you are not talking about tunneling in that regard. What I'm talking about is targetting a player straight off the hook and not giving them a break or following someone as gens pop around you. Sometimes people have a good rhythm in the area and it could be beneficial to give it a break to bug other people.

I said Monto and Puppers do quite well. I've also gone after many higher ranks that don't need to camp/tunnel to get everyone or to get a win. 3 out of 4 is still good. That's still a loss for survivors.

I think that's what I said, but I forgot.

Puppers i agree because he streams . Monto only shows his wins tho. i cant really say that he is good like that now can i?

Puppers is my favorite tbh, but most of the games Monto posts, he does a good job. I think I've seen other people, too. I forgot to mention HybridPanda. I mentioned it in my first post, but forgot to include him when I posted it again. Most of the people I watch is one YouTube, but a good play is a good play whether it's live or not.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@fluffybunny said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:
    Something should be done about face camping, but this idea can probably be exploited or come off too strong. Honestly, if you affect their points and their pips, they'd probably slow down on the camps.

Also, camping is a weak and boring strat (tunneling is quite dumb, too). I think killers should get like style points (towards blood points and pips) for how they kill. Like they lose points if the method is easy (e.i. face camps, tunnels) and gain points for switching targets and not going back immediately. Camping really does ruin it for one side, though, and most of the time it isn't even deserved. It should be an active decision to punish at a cost rather than just be the easy way out. Also, more game modes would be fun. w

TL;DR version - "Killers playing efficiently is boring, and they should be punished for it."

10/10 Survivor logic right there. When can Survivors start being punished for working on generators that have already been partially repaired?

TL;DR - "Killers camping is lazy and you should get additional points for not afking in front of someone or for changing it up"

Didn't know people needed a tl;dr for a paragraph, but there you go. When I play killer, I don't camp or tunnel. It's more fun that way tbh. That way I don't feel like I'm targeting one person.

No, you literally said Killers should be punished for not playing how you believe is fun.

Just for the record, in case you didn't realize, this is a PvP game. The Killer is not there to amuse you; he's the opposing team.

Just for the record, in case you didn't realize, this is a PvP game. Meaning, you're not playing against robots. You cheat, it's wrong, right? Tunneling and camping makes the game an awful experience for everyone but the killer evidently. I personally find it boring, but you seem to like it. It sucks for survivors, though. Have some empathy. Survivors have the right to want to have fun in a game they've payed to play, too. Like I've said in other posts, I would be up for killers getting a massive buff if they could stop the camping and the tunneling. Make it viable to go after the healthy one, rather than the hurt one. Maybe patrol the gens instead of the one on the hook. Make the gens naturally go slower if the killer is nearby or something. This game takes both survivors and killers and just because you find it "fun" doesn't mean it's correct or "fun" for everyone. I'm sure the toxic survivors who say stuff like "EZ" and cuss you out for being bad or make fun of you also finds that fun, but that's not very nice. I'm sure the people who cheat also find that fun, but that isn't right.

I play survivor too. I am fine being camped because I know that my team can escape then

As killer I wont tunnel survivors if the survivors dont tunnel gens. Thats only a fair compromise, do you agree?
    If survivors tunnel gens however, they dont leave me enough time to 2 hook everyone before I start killing, so I switch my game strategy to tunneling in order to become more time efficient

I'm fine with camping on certain conditions. Otherwise, it annoys me. I dislike when it happens at the start of the match or before I get much points. I understand when it happens if someone's being toxic and they're camping for that, that's fine. The issue is that camping is quite easy and even rewarding. You may need to find someone first, but you can basically just afk around them and someone is likely going to try to go for the save. They want their points and their friend off the hook.

I don't mean to be rude, but is English your second language? I believe you mean to say "survivors rush gens" not tunnel. I can understand that sentiment and something should be done to make the process a bit more complex. Like, maybe having to fetch something for the generator, too. Gen rushing typically happens because of a lack of pressure on the field, but there's bound to be some off while you're chasing. If one doesn't camp, they'll switch targets to someone else and that's three people doing something else (assuming someone's going for the save). If you don't tunnel, you'll hopefully just get the current person you're chasing down. If you happen to run into the other person again, I don't really think that's tunneling unless you actually go out looking for them. I think that's kinda hard to say it happened for sure, though.

Yes english isnt my mother tongue, but I dare to say that im quite confident using it :wink:
    Doesnt matter how you call it, genrush or tunneling gens (what does that have to do with english btw?)

Look at it analytically:
    As killer it is called tunneling when you proceed completing your objective on a single survivor, after the first hook this survivor is at 33% dead, after 2nd hook 66% dead. It is for some reason considered toxic to tunnel, i.e. playing efficiently by completing your objective in a time efficient way.

If you have repaired a gen to 66%, would you change your gen now or would you complete the 66% gen?

And I would like to challenge you to explain me how a killer can be more effective by not tunneling, its literall common sense to do that.

And regarding the killers that do well without tunneling/camping, I challenge you to show them to me, and ofc they have to be high ranks, non-nurses and play against a competent team of survivors.

I said it was impressive to know multiple languages and understandable for such mistakes. When people use tunneling, they're referring to following around one person and keeping them from playing the game as normal. It's running after the person and not giving them a rest. Coming back for them if they were unhooked, etc. Gen rushing is when survivors sit on the gens without being disturbed or with nice boxes and get the gens done quickly. It's a funny image to think of a survivor running after a gen, though. #survivorkiller

Your analogy doesn't work. It's more similar to hooks. You aren't tunneling a hook by using it over and over. It's smart to go after the nearest hook. It isn't smart to tunnel one person as that is leaving three people with only gens to do. It's PvP and both having a good experience without feeling bullied or targeted is important.

As for the common sense of tunneling, you're leaving 2 people on the gen, 1 person on the hook, and 1 person going for the save. Unless you are not talking about tunneling in that regard. What I'm talking about is targetting a player straight off the hook and not giving them a break or following someone as gens pop around you. Sometimes people have a good rhythm in the area and it could be beneficial to give it a break to bug other people.

I said Monto and Puppers do quite well. I've also gone after many higher ranks that don't need to camp/tunnel to get everyone or to get a win. 3 out of 4 is still good. That's still a loss for survivors.

Puppers i agree because he streams . Monto only shows his wins tho. i cant really say that he is good like that now can i?

Puppers is my favorite tbh, but most of the games Monto posts, he does a good job. I think I've seen other people, too. I forgot to mention HybridPanda. I mentioned it in my first post, but forgot to include him when I posted it again. Most of the people I watch is one YouTube, but a good play is a good play whether it's live or not.

Puppers i've seen in stream and hes normal/chill with little to no toxicity and panda is that and shows his losses too(edited but still does) Monto its either a 3 man at least or he wins(escapes) as survivor like most of the youtubers that are not good peps. I dont respect him at all. I like the content tho not the person themselfs.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

Look at it analytically:

Is monto that youtuber or do you mean some streamer? Obivously I can put up youtube videos where I have a 100% winrate at rank 1 too, so not gonna bother with checking that channel tbh :wink:

Just checked puppers out, started the stream from 3 days ago, and zipped through it till I found his first killer. It was a huntress, 5 second into the game he explains how to camp as huntress, while he stansd 20-30 meter away from the hook spaming axes at the hooked guy.

Sure, they might have been toxic or sth, so I decided to watch the whole match in order to not judge from a 5 sec impression

I like how it starts, he says he actually has to pay attention now because he isnt playing survivor now, sympathic guy I have to say :lol:

After 2 minutes it becomes clear that the survivors he verses are quite bad, they dont even know hwo to crouch behind a pallet, he also said he hasnt played killer for a week, wonder what rank he is now.
    Next survivor simply walks up to him and suicides, mhm ok I guess I can skip that match.... mhm ok rank 10

Checked out another 5 streams (taking into accoutn the 1 week break from killer), he only played survivor.

So this is your example for killers that do quite well without camping and tunneling? Did I check out the wrong channel?

Please provide a link to high rank killergameplay of him playing against decent,coordinated survivors.
    From what I have seen he is more a chilled dude and he wouldnt stand a change against a decent SWF, but please prove me wrong :wink:

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

do the gens.

• pauloandrade22

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

Look at it analytically:

Is monto that youtuber or do you mean some streamer? Obivously I can put up youtube videos where I have a 100% winrate at rank 1 too, so not gonna bother with checking that channel tbh :wink:

Just checked puppers out, started the stream from 3 days ago, and zipped through it till I found his first killer. It was a huntress, 5 second into the game he explains how to camp as huntress, while he stansd 20-30 meter away from the hook spaming axes at the hooked guy.

Sure, they might have been toxic or sth, so I decided to watch the whole match in order to not judge from a 5 sec impression

I like how it starts, he says he actually has to pay attention now because he isnt playing survivor now, sympathic guy I have to say :lol:

After 2 minutes it becomes clear that the survivors he verses are quite bad, they dont even know hwo to crouch behind a pallet, he also said he hasnt played killer for a week, wonder what rank he is now.
    Next survivor simply walks up to him and suicides, mhm ok I guess I can skip that match.... mhm ok rank 10

Checked out another 5 streams (taking into accoutn the 1 week break from killer), he only played survivor.

So this is your example for killers that do quite well without camping and tunneling? Did I check out the wrong channel?

Please provide a link to high rank killergameplay of him playing against decent,coordinated survivors.
    From what I have seen he is more a chilled dude and he wouldnt stand a change against a decent SWF, but please prove me wrong :wink:

Thats why i like Panda and true a lot more than those dudes.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Borrowed Time is such a strong perk. Not sure why more people don't use it TBH. I'm sure you want the ability to deal with face campers yourself, but the bottom line is you're in a position to work in a team. You already have DS/SB/DH/BL which can make it difficult for killers to catch you in the first place to prevent being face camped.

If I am desperate to get a kill, I'll camp once the gates are open. Borrowed time always ruins that for me. Granted, I'm not that great of a killer but still it's such a good way to battle camping.

• Master

@iceman2kx said:
    Borrowed Time is such a strong perk. Not sure why more people don't use it TBH. I'm sure you want the ability to deal with face campers yourself, but the bottom line is you're in a position to work in a team. You already have DS/SB/DH/BL which can make it difficult for killers to catch you in the first place to prevent being face camped.

If I am desperate to get a kill, I'll camp once the gates are open. Borrowed time always ruins that for me. Granted, I'm not that great of a killer but still it's such a good way to battle camping.

Facecamping doesnt exist anymore

People dont use BT because it saves other people, not themselves. Its basically a SWF-only perk

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Orion said:

@fluffybunny said:

Look at it analytically:

When he plays survivor, he'll like read chat and stuff. Fed a Michael once due to that lmao. I've seen plenty of boosted animals at the higher ranks. People running into the killers arms, not dodging correctly, etc. I honestly see camping and tunneling more and the leading up ranks 'cause they want to get up there quickly. The most recent I could find was a Trapper and Wraith play and he was trying to get blue hooks in those games. The one where he plays Michael, he gets a 4 kill with Michael and he's rank 3.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@MrChills said:
    I've had campers camp me for no reason and many others when 5 generators are up, and I find it highly annoying that there's really not many counters to camping beside genrushing " sucks for that guy". I think that is wrong that another player has to suffer just for someone's sadistic amusement!

Well he shouldn't have been caught in the first place that is the persons fault for making the mistakes to get caught unless it was a bug that got him caught than that is a different story, but 99% of the time it is the survivors fault for getting caught..

• @Zanfer said:

@MrChills said:
    I've had campers camp me for no reason and many others when 5 generators are up, and I find it highly annoying that there's really not many counters to camping beside genrushing " sucks for that guy". I think that is wrong that another player has to suffer just for someone's sadistic amusement!

Well he shouldn't have been caught in the first place that is the persons fault for making the mistakes to get caught unless it was a bug that got him caught than that is a different story, but 99% of the time it is the survivors fault for getting caught..

dude, don't comment on a pot that is five days old. that's ages in the internet time. do it now or in a couple of days. Also this is part of a longer post. So address it all or don't address a single section. And your statement to " he shouldn't never been caught in the first place" is so annoying. he cannot avoid getting caught, you can only prolong the chance of getting caught. On top of that,you should of said "they should of never got caught". Since this post is over five days old, you can reply if you want yet I will not take a peek at this. If you want to debate this any further, hmu on my homepage or another forum thread relating the matter.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@MrChills said:

@Zanfer said:

@MrChills said:

dude, don't comment on a pot that is five days old. that's ages in the internet time. do it now or in a couple of days. Also this is part of a longer post. So address it all or don't address a single section. And your statement to " he shouldn't never been caught in the first place" is so annoying. he cannot avoid getting caught, you can only prolong the chance of getting caught. On top of that,you should of said "they should of never got caught". Since this post is over five days old, you can reply if you want yet I will not take a peek at this. If you want to debate this any further, hmu on my homepage or another forum thread relating the matter.

Since you won't see this than I really could care less about your debate at all. You are on the internet and forums for a reason to talk to people. I wanted to discuss your point, but alright whatever..

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Honestly reward proactive killers make being hooked as a survivor carry a permanent debuff for the trial that reduces action speed or gen progression. This make tunneling less optimum as you will be rewarded better for hunting other targets.

Every time devs try to come down on camping it's only made killers more toxic. This idea slows the game down which is badly needed. Promotes anti tunneling which this game could do with and plays better into the theme of the entity slowly devouring your strength and hope. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Zarathos said:
    Honestly reward proactive killers make being hooked as a survivor carry a permanent debuff for the trial that reduces action speed or gen progression. This make tunneling less optimum as you will be rewarded better for hunting other targets.

Every time devs try to come down on camping it's only made killers more toxic. This idea slows the game down which is badly needed. Promotes anti tunneling which this game could do with and plays better into the theme of the entity slowly devouring your strength and hope. 

It´s not that killers become more toxic. But most killers are fed up to be called out on using non camping perks like BBQ and MYC and still be called a camper.

• Zarathos
    Tsulan said:

@Zarathos said:

It´s not that killers become more toxic. But most killers are fed up to be called out on using non camping perks like BBQ and MYC and still be called a camper.

Ah yes make your choice I find its hilarious how you can be called a tunneler when using this perk when the player who is exposed immediately bolts before healing the injured survivor. I mean you made your choice leaving your ally vulnerable and easier to track and closer to death or risk your own hide and take the aggro of the killer. It never surprises me how people play when this perk is in play leaving the injured loud survivor to fend for themselves.

But back to your point let's not pretend killers aren't getting toxic. I have seen enough from both groups to see that both killer and survivor are often playing incredibly toxic builds. The insidious leatherface builds and tunneling face camping killers are as common as your average ds player. Every killer and survivor is reciporacaiting their toxicity which isn't healthy for the community.

My idea above is simply a reason to encourage players to be more active in their hunts as it is not rewarding to hunt in DBD. As a killer it's all about maintaining hook pressure and keeping certain gens protected. Rushing survivors or "tunneling" players out of the game is mandatory in order to slow the game down. I blame the meta of rushing gens. Not bothering with totems and blitzing through gens if killers could have some better means for slowing down gen progression beside blatantly crap perks. Making hook afflict survivors with slower repair speed give a killer a reason to pursue other players instead of just tunneling one out of the game. 
  • Tsulan

@Zarathos said:
    Tsulan said:

@Zarathos said:

Ah yes make your choice I find its hilarious how you can be called a tunneler when using this perk when the player who is exposed immediately bolts before healing the injured survivor. I mean you made your choice leaving your ally vulnerable and easier to track and closer to death or risk your own hide and take the aggro of the killer. It never surprises me how people play when this perk is in play leaving the injured loud survivor to fend for themselves.

But back to your point let's not pretend killers aren't getting toxic. I have seen enough from both groups to see that both killer and survivor are often playing incredibly toxic builds. The insidious leatherface builds and tunneling face camping killers are as common as your average ds player. Every killer and survivor is reciporacaiting their toxicity which isn't healthy for the community.

My idea above is simply a reason to encourage players to be more active in their hunts as it is not rewarding to hunt in DBD. As a killer it's all about maintaining hook pressure and keeping certain gens protected. Rushing survivors or "tunneling" players out of the game is mandatory in order to slow the game down. I blame the meta of rushing gens. Not bothering with totems and blitzing through gens if killers could have some better means for slowing down gen progression beside blatantly crap perks. Making hook afflict survivors with slower repair speed give a killer a reason to pursue other players instead of just tunneling one out of the game. 

I can count the times i´ve seen an insidious basement camping Leatherface on 1 hand. But then again, i would stay as far away as possible from the basement, when playing against Leatherface.
    I´ve tried Insidous Leatherface a few times. But it is utterly boring. Like running in circles boring. Yeah it´s a tactic, but i would fall asleep if i tried to do this consistently.

Of course there are toxic killers. I never claimed there aren´t. Toxic behavior breeds more toxic behavior. A survivor who plays toxic and bullies a killer might do it, because he a killer was toxic to him in a previous match, and that killer might have been toxic because another survivor was toxic to him in another match, etc.
    Some are toxic because they are bored or get bullied in their work/school environment. Then they are toxic on the internet to compensate or make others suffer. This spreads like cancer.

Devs really need to do something regarding the overall toxic behavior of players.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Tsulan said:

@Zarathos said:

I don't know how often you play as a survivor, but i've seen MANY killers running BBQ and still camp really hard.

• Tsulan
    Vietfox said:

@Tsulan said:

@Zarathos said:

I don't know how often you play as a survivor, but i've seen MANY killers running BBQ and still camp really hard.

If survivors hide from the evil aura reading? Surprise! Killer will think they are all nearby.
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:

@Tsulan said:

@Zarathos said:

If survivors hide from the evil aura reading? Surprise! Killer will think they are all nearby.

if they camp the hook, it's their problem. There is also PGTW, OC to do something with gens, so there are options.

• pauloandrade22

@Vietfox said:

@Tsulan said:

@Zarathos said:

BBQ is for them sweet points ma man/woman.

• Vietfox

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Vietfox said:

@Tsulan said:

@Zarathos said:

Yes, but @Tsulan used that perk as an example, that's why i mentioned it.

• Master

@grayon444 said:
    Before anyone storms at me like a madman i know that face camping is not deserving of a ban but it is an a*hole thing to do so i came up with a solution. (keep in mind that this is ONLY a suggestion)

If the killer is standing ?m near the hook, the hooked survivor will be teleported to another hook in 30 seconds. (if the killer hasn't moved out of the area) Both the killer and the survivor will get a notification that the survivor has been moved onto another hook.

The solution for facecamping has been implemented several months ago. It is called unhooking from all angles and removes the possibility to facecamp anymore

• Tsulan
    edited August 2018

@Vietfox said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Vietfox said:

@Tsulan said:

@Zarathos said:

And the killer only gets those sweet points if he hooks everyone once.
    It has become increasingly hard to see survivors with BBQ. Partly because survivors finally hide behind gens, partly because the aura reading was nerfed on survivor demand. So i´m not really sure what survivors want. They want the killer to leave the hook, but don´t want him to come to them.
    They want to be able to loop a killer for 5 gens, but don´t like the idea that he comes right to them after hooking someone else.
    It´s really confusing.
    And yes, i also hide from BBQ. But i don´t complain about camping or BBQ being OP.

• pauloandrade22

@Tsulan said:

@Vietfox said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Vietfox said:

@Tsulan said:

@Zarathos said:

I has become increasingly hard to see survivors with BBQ. Partly because survivors finally hide behind gens, partly because the aura reading was nerfed on survivor demand. So i´m not really sure what survivors want. They want the killer to leave the hook, but don´t want him to come to them.
    They want to be able to loop a killer for 5 gens, but don´t like the idea that he comes right to them after hooking someone else.
    It´s really confusing.
    And yes, i also hide from BBQ. But i don´t complain about camping or BBQ being OP.

They want to bully and humiliate the killer into being powerless .

• Vietfox

@Tsulan said:

@Vietfox said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Vietfox said:

@Tsulan said:

@Zarathos said:

I has become increasingly hard to see survivors with BBQ. Partly because survivors finally hide behind gens, partly because the aura reading was nerfed on survivor demand. So i´m not really sure what survivors want. They want the killer to leave the hook, but don´t want him to come to them.
    It´s really confusing.

I've never complained about BBQ as far as i know, like many other survivor mains. (not saying others don't)

• dbdseabass
    dbdseabass Member Posts: 2

I like this idea of a health meter that drains slower when the killer is closer to the hook

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited August 2018

@dbdseabass said:
    I like this idea of a health meter that drains slower when the killer is closer to the hook

Everyone did, until it was actually implemented and abused by the Survivors. This is why we can't have nice things.

• Zarathos
    edited August 2018

@dbdseabass said:

Way to prone to abuse survivors can jump on gens that are close to a hook person this means the killer will be inclined to leave the area and survivors can stick close to areas with hooked person only pulling them off the hook before they hit death hook.If the killer sticks around hes punished for hunting prey close by that is not fair at all.

• Just bring anti camping perks like "Borrowed Time, Kindred, Make your Choice, and BBQ and Chili"

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Zarathos said:

@dbdseabass said:

Way to prone to abuse survivors can jump on gens that are close to a hook person this means the killer will be inclined to leave the area and survivors can stick close to areas with hooked person only pulling them off the hook before they hit death hook.If the killer sticks around hes punished for hunting prey close by that is not fair at all.

Perhaps make an exception for active chases?

• Zarathos
    CoolAKn said:

@Zarathos said:

@dbdseabass said:

Dosent work the chase scoring event breaks easily and sometimes wont start up untill your on top of the survivour. So if they break line of sight and maintain that around a jungle gym location your fked. Myers and pig would also suffer as stealthing up to targets would be given away by the survivours noticeable decrease in time counting down. 
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Zarathos said:
    CoolAKn said:

@Zarathos said:

@dbdseabass said:

Dosent work the chase scoring event breaks easily and sometimes wont start up untill your on top of the survivour. So if they break line of sight and maintain that around a jungle gym location your fked. Myers and pig would also suffer as stealthing up to targets would be given away by the survivours noticeable decrease in time counting down. 

I've noticed that sometimes. The chase breaks when a survivor goes behind a car for 1 second. It's rather dumb.

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk Member Posts: 59
    There really is not much to prevent Killers from face camping or camping in general, which is a bit unfortunate.  I just buy time and let my teammates take advantaged it.

A perk might work though.  I literally just thought of the idea while posting this - they could add a perk called Entity’s Favor for Survivors.  Basically the perk applies the blindness effect to killers if they are too close to the Survivor that is hooked assuming they have the perk equipped.  The additional ranks would improve the range of the effect.  

Hopefully you guys like the idea.  It would help prevent camping and tunneling unhooked Survivors as it encourages Killers to go after other Survivors.
  • Orion

@Yzalirk said:
    There really is not much to prevent Killers from face camping or camping in general, which is a bit unfortunate.  I just buy time and let my teammates take advantaged it.

A perk might work though.  I literally just thought of the idea while posting this - they could add a perk called Entity’s Favor for Survivors.  Basically the perk applies the blindness effect to killers if they are too close to the Survivor that is hooked assuming they have the perk equipped.  The additional ranks would improve the range of the effect.  

Hopefully you guys like the idea.  It would help prevent camping and tunneling unhooked Survivors as it encourages Killers to go after other Survivors.

Why should the Killer be forced to play in a sub-optimal way just because you can't handle losing?

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@Orion said:

@Yzalirk said:

Why should the Killer be forced to play in a sub-optimal way just because you can't handle losing?

Camping is sub-optimal way -_-

there are only small number of build where camping actually helps. Otherwise Camping from first hook actually hinders killers ability to win.

• Orion
    edited September 2018

@Sarief said:

@Orion said:

@Yzalirk said:

there are only small number of build where camping actually helps. Otherwise Camping from first hook actually hinders killers ability to win.

Camping is only sub-optimal if the Survivors don't feed. In any case, that just makes it worse - why should a sub-optimal play be made even shittier?

Post edited by Orion on
  • Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261
    grayon444 said:

Before anyone storms at me like a madman i know that face camping is not deserving of a ban but it is an a*hole thing to do so i came up with a solution. (keep in mind that this is ONLY a suggestion)

If the killer is standing ?m near the hook, the hooked survivor will be teleported to another hook in 30 seconds. (if the killer hasn't moved out of the area) Both the killer and the survivor will get a notification that the survivor has been moved onto another hook.

Butt dancing (tbagging) is an ######### move heresy how we fix that u butt dance u get teleported on a hook 
  • Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261

Sure and as soon a survivor starts butt dancing they lose all points and pips for 39 days of gameplay
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    grayon444 said:

Taking longer to die if within a certain area of hook for x amount of time and not in chase good, free escape bad. The warping idea is horrible but I understand it's frustrating, not all camps are the same. If gens didn't get done stupidly fast which is an issue that effects a lot of what killers can do or can't do, then maybe we can talk about camping. But gens get done too fast
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

Just stop saying anything your only giving them more of a reason to camp.

• Master

@Sarief said:

@Orion said:

@Yzalirk said:

Camping is only sub-optimal if survivors dont fall for the bait and do gens, otherwise its an insanely good strategy that can get you lots of kills very fast

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    Tsulan said:

Face camping does not exist anymore. Face camping was the killer standing in front of the survivor and blocking the "press m1 to unhook" prompt. This has been removed with the introduction of swivel hooks.
    You can now unhook from any angle.
    Is it wise to unhook in front of a Leatherface who has his chainsaw reffed? Nope, but you are free to do so, if you wish to.

No balls, no glory, Bud! Let's do this ######### with BT xD
  • Greater_Cultist
    Greater_Cultist Member Posts: 81

@FayeZahara said:
    They just need to do a survivor perk that combats it. I believe they will find perks that will combat it. Killers bbq and chilli helps them get off hook. Make your choice helps killer choose the less tunnel option. They just need to fix the toxic behaviours with the right perks for each side. Killers need some red stain and long chase perks. Survivors need some facecamping and tunneling perks. I have small suggestion below.

(This is from my own fanmade chapter)

Bloody Mary

When hooked your screams intensify and create a growing blood barrier that can grow to 3/5/7 meters. When the hooked survivor exits the bubble it will go away instantly.

Would also work when the exit gates are open, therefore if all 4 survivors run it an open the exit gates then a 4 escape is nearly guaranteed

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Just remove the killers face. GG EZ

• Tsulan
    Tsulan said:

Face camping does not exist anymore. Face camping was the killer standing in front of the survivor and blocking the "press m1 to unhook" prompt. This has been removed with the introduction of swivel hooks.
    You can now unhook from any angle.
    Is it wise to unhook in front of a Leatherface who has his chainsaw reffed? Nope, but you are free to do so, if you wish to.

No balls, no glory, Bud! Let's do this ######### with BT xD
    That's exactly what I do!