The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is tbagging necessary? I think not. Be nice to your killers please.

13»

Comments

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited August 2018
    AdánAR said:

Ty apparently someone (a killer main i suppose) flagged me and i was warned. You guys cry about everything. I don't know how you can get anger for someone pressing CTRL a lot of times, i mean #########? You life is so depressing that you take that so seriously? Get over it and move on to a next match LUL

Is your life so depressing you need to tea bag Killers after you’ve won, to give yourself a confidence boost stroking your ego? What’s the matter kid, bully at school making you feel bad? Tired of taking your boss’s or customers ######### at work and need to feel big and strong? Need to feel in control somewhere in life, so you online bully and be an ######### so you don’t have to worry about getting your ass beat for being an #########?  So you don’t have to worry about getting fired? 

Come on now, share with the rest of us who hurt you and made you want to hurt others to feel better about how bad you feel. 
  • AdánAR
    AdánAR Member Posts: 118
    edited August 2018

@SovererignKing said:
    Is your life so depressing you need to tea bag Killers after you’ve won, to give yourself a confidence boost stroking your ego? What’s the matter kid, bully at school making you feel bad? Tired of taking your boss’s or customers ######### at work and need to feel big and strong? Need to feel in control somewhere in life, so you online bully and be an ######### so you don’t have to worry about getting your ass beat for being an #########?  So you don’t have to worry about getting fired? 

Come on now, share with the rest of us who hurt you and made you want to hurt others to feel better about how bad you feel. 

Hahahahaha see? You cried about everything LUL and you take the tbag so seriously. These Killer mains are hilarious. Perphaps Mathieu Cote was right and all of you should try Civilization V

• SovererignKing
    AdánAR said:

@SovererignKing said:

Hahahahaha see? You cried about everything LUL and you take the tbag so seriously. These Killer mains are hilarious. Perphaps Mathieu Cote was right and all of you should try Civilization V

Don’t worry little one, it’s alright. It’s not your fault. It’ll be ok. You’ll grow up to be big and strong some day. 
  • AdánAR
    AdánAR Member Posts: 118

@SovererignKing said:
    AdánAR said:

@SovererignKing said:

Don’t worry little one, it’s alright. It’s not your fault. It’ll be ok. You’ll grow up to be big and strong some day. 

K lul see ya, enjoy tbags of my fellow surv mains

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@Legacy_Zealot said:
    Bagging doesn't matter. If you are being bagged they're only wasting time they could be using to run away. It is childish and if you're a mature adult you won't get tilted by it because it doesn't matter.

I guess feeling are not for adults then s/.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
  • @pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:
    Jajajajajaja stop being a pussy, you deserved it. I always have tryhard killers, campers, tunnelers, rage quitters, who complains about looping, who complains about sabo hooks... I teabbaged them and will always do it. Just getgud and stop cry about it. This is a surv side game i mean #########?

Jesus.....

Dude it's the true. Being Killer sucks and it's triggering af. I always play surv and sometimes killer for fun; some matches i get 4k, another ones any kills but i don't open a thread in the forum to cry and complain about toxic survivors. I just move on and play other match.

I know that. But the way you expressed yourself does not help. Just be a bit empathetic next time please.

I vote you as next mod. We need more compassion these forums.

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677
    edited August 2018

@MrChills said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:
    Jajajajajaja stop being a pussy, you deserved it. I always have tryhard killers, campers, tunnelers, rage quitters, who complains about looping, who complains about sabo hooks... I teabbaged them and will always do it. Just getgud and stop cry about it. This is a surv side game i mean #########?

Jesus.....

Dude it's the true. Being Killer sucks and it's triggering af. I always play surv and sometimes killer for fun; some matches i get 4k, another ones any kills but i don't open a thread in the forum to cry and complain about toxic survivors. I just move on and play other match.

I know that. But the way you expressed yourself does not help. Just be a bit empathetic next time please.

What we also need is a bit more maturity, it's one of the reasons the community is so toxic in the first place - because there are so many very immature players, unfortunately. It would be nice if it was actually possible to make them understand what their behaviour does to other human beings.

The odd thing, T-bagging has actually been allowed by the devs, but apparently they don't realize that t-bagging is the equivalent of trolling or cyberbullying, which means that when they allow that behaviour they're indirectly saying "we condone trolling and cyberbullying".

• @Incarnate said:

@MrChills said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

Jesus.....

What we also need is a bit more maturity, it's one of the reasons the community is so toxic in the first place - because there are so many very immature players, unfortunately. It would be nice if it was actually possible to make them understand what their behaviour does to other human beings.

The odd thing, T-bagging has actually been allowed by the devs, but apparently they don't realize that t-bagging is the equivalent of trolling or cyberbullying, which means that when they allow that behaviour they're indirectly saying "we condone trolling and cyberbullying".

well that's the internet bud. immature mates everywhere.

• Incarnate

@MrChills said:

@Incarnate said:

@MrChills said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

Jesus.....

But actually condoning trolling behaviour and cyberbullying? Well, it certainly gives their company name a different meaning! They shouldn't tolerate this kind of behaviour, as it's downright toxic to the gameplay, playerbase and community.

• @Incarnate said:

@MrChills said:

@Incarnate said:

@MrChills said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

Jesus.....

But actually condoning trolling behaviour and cyberbullying? Well, it certainly gives their company name a different meaning! They shouldn't tolerate this kind of behaviour, as it's downright toxic to the gameplay, playerbase and community.

I don't condone it yet I cannot control it. Not my game. up to devs.

• Incarnate

@MrChills said:

@Incarnate said:

@MrChills said:

@Incarnate said:

@MrChills said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

Jesus.....

I don't condone it yet I cannot control it. Not my game. up to devs.

I didn't say you condone it, but the devs have stated on a devstream that t-bagging is allowed, and thus they condone it. There is a big difference between condoning something and actually being against it but admitting they don't know how to deal with it. Setting the foot down so to speak, would be first step, then figure out a way to actually deal with the problem.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

You are weak. Most of us go through this feeling of being butthurt because of teabagging. Get over it: in any game, the winner has the right to mock and insult the loser. He is a bigger person if he doesn't, but he has the right to. Take it with quietly and with dignity. Whining about it like a girl does not make anything better.

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171

@Incarnate said:

Teabagging is neither trolling or cyberbullying.

Is it obnoxious and immature? Yep, but it's neither of the two things you stated.

I usually wouldn't use Urban Dictionary as a reference, but the top definitions here are 100% correct:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Trolling

And calling teabagging cyberbullying minimizes what actual cyberbullying is. When you water down definitions of words, they lose actual meaning and impact. Teabagging is not "an aggressive, intentional act or behavior that is carried out by a group or an individual, using electronic forms of contact, repeatedly and over time against a victim who cannot easily defend him or herself."

This watering down of definitions of words is exactly why identity politics have become so ridiculous in the west. Everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is cyberbullying, etc.

It's just someone getting under your skin mid-match, more than likely to try and get you to do something rash that they can capitalize on. Keep your cool and you'll put them on the hook.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited August 2018

@Incarnate said:

>
    It would be nice if it was actually possible to make them understand what their behaviour does to other human beings.

Wut ?

They perfectly KNOW what they're doing and saying, and how peoples will react to it.

That's what they're looking for.

It's more of an educational problem with this generation.

Breed to be toxic lil' s***t to the others, because it's their right, and "muh Darwin huur duur"

• SovererignKing

@Incarnate said:

Is it obnoxious and immature? Yep, but it's neither of the two things you stated.

I usually wouldn't use Urban Dictionary as a reference, but the top definitions here are 100% correct:

And calling teabagging cyberbullying minimizes what actual cyberbullying is. When you water down definitions of words, they lose actual meaning and impact. Teabagging is not "an aggressive, intentional act or behavior that is carried out by a group or an individual, using electronic forms of contact, repeatedly and over time against a victim who cannot easily defend him or herself."

This watering down of definitions of words is exactly why identity politics have become so ridiculous in the west. Everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is cyberbullying, etc.

It's just someone getting under your skin mid-match, more than likely to try and get you to do something rash that they can capitalize on. Keep your cool and you'll put them on the hook.

I agree with this, but the developers could do some kind of counter measure. Nothing serious like bans or warnings, but something in game that hinders you if you hit the button rapidly and it’s obvious you’re tea bagging. Slower movement speed perhaps? You want to gloat, fine, better be good enough to earn that. 

I use No Mither as Survivor not only to make it harder on myself, but for the bragging rights in a non-toxic way. I don’t need to tea bag Killers, if I make it out of the gate, that’s gloating enough. 
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@245_Trioxin said:

@Incarnate said:

100% second that. Very well said, 245_Trioxin

• pauloandrade22
    edited August 2018

@MrChills said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

Jesus.....

Thanks mate . I'll treasure you forever and everr <3

• Incarnate

Teabagging in gaming can be considered an attempt to humiliate, harass, provoke or bully another person, hence trolling and cyberbullying. Furthermore, the action is demeaning, derogatory and beyond human decency as it's based on the sexual act to teabag. There is a reason why it has led to high ranking players in other games to be temporarily banned for the action. Other game developers perceive it as an act of trolling, when for instance you have achievements with the naming Trolling and the act that nets you the achievement is teabagging someone. Furthermore, there are many different actions of varying degree that is considered cyberbullying.

• pauloandrade22

@Incarnate said:
    Teabagging in gaming can be considered an attempt to humiliate, harass, provoke or bully another person, hence trolling and cyberbullying. Furthermore, the action is demeaning, derogatory and beyond human decency as it's based on the sexual act to teabag. There is a reason why it has led to high ranking players in other games to be temporarily banned for the action. Other game developers perceive it as an act of trolling, when for instance you have achievements with the naming Trolling and the act that nets you the achievement is teabagging someone. Furthermore, there are many different actions of varying degree that is considered cyberbullying.

Its basically the online "middle finger" .

• SovererignKing

@MrChills said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@AdánAR said:

Jesus.....

Thanks mate . I'll treasure you forever and everr <3

You’ll have to fight me for it! 
  • Incarnate

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Incarnate said:

That is your interpretation of it! I disagree, it's a lot more than that. To you that would be the equivalent of the online "middle finger", where others certainly might see it a lot differently. There is a reason why people are are upset about it. If it was just the equivalent of the online "middle finger" I'm sure people wouldn't have that many problems with it. People do have a problem with it, so it's obviously more than that.

• pauloandrade22

@Incarnate said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Incarnate said:

That is your interpretation of it! I disagree, it's a lot more than that. To you that would be the equivalent of the online "middle finger", where others certainly might see it a lot differently. There is a reason why people are are upset about it. If it was just the equivalent of the online "middle finger" I'm sure people wouldn't have that many problems with it. People do have a problem with it, so it's obviously more than that.

I think that the middle finger is the most offensive act that you can perform that excludes words and violence. Its disrespecfull and rude.
    But i respect your POV as you make fair points as well.

If i see you in game as killer i'll give you hatch (or try to at least)

• SovererignKing
    I’ve noticed on thing, with the fall of certain famous troll streamer, people are a lot less tolerant of this behavior. More people want this crap gone.
  • pauloandrade22

@SovererignKing said:
    I’ve noticed on thing, with the fall of certain famous troll streamer, people are a lot less tolerant of this behavior. More people want this crap gone.

PRAISE THE ENTITY.

• Giche

@SovererignKing said:

Just logical.

Everyone know this since release.

Still took them more than 2 years to begin to actually FIGHT the toxicty.
    Instead of bathing in it and making money on the situation.

• pauloandrade22

@Giche said:

@SovererignKing said:

Just logical.

To be fair they do need the monies. Not saying i condone toxicity by the way.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Giche said:

@SovererignKing said:

Just logical.

And they started doing so about as soon as they bought back the rights to their game from the publisher. Make of that what you will.

• 245_Trioxin

@Incarnate said:

It's not a targeted and persistent attack on a specific person, so it is not cyberbullying. Once again, please stop watering things down to suit your agenda/ideology. By adding "different actions of varying degrees" you make the word lose all power. It no longer has substance, and takes away from actual victims (because now anyone can claim they're a victim).

The only reason it could be considered trolling, again, is because of people like you who feel that they need to water down and change definitions. An insult is not trolling. Just because devs jokingly refer to it in an achievement does not make it a definition.

"Furthermore, the action is demeaning, derogatory and beyond human decency as it's based on the sexual act to teabag."

This statement is laughable. Do you see how overly sensitive you are being? It's just done to make you angry, that's all. And apparently it works like a charm.

"There is a reason why it has led to high ranking players in other games to be temporarily banned for the action."

In e-sports, yes, but not because it is cyberbullying. It would be considered unsportsmanlike conduct, just like in any other sport. But, seeing as this is not a competitive, e-sport, style game, and is way more casual, those rules don't apply here.

• Giche

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Giche said:

@SovererignKing said:

Just logical.

They needed money.
    They chose to do it the scummiest way possible, on the said toxic atmosphere.

Nope, nothing to justify this in my book.

If no toxicity would have meant no community AKA no game, it would habe been totally DESERVED.

• pauloandrade22

@Giche said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Giche said:

@SovererignKing said:

Just logical.

They needed money.

If no toxicity would have meant no community AKA no game, it would habe been totally DESERVED.

I think it was a necessary evil personally. I love this game and im happy for its growth.

Also like orion said the game was held by their publisher at the time so they might have had not a choice in the matter anyways .

Now its a significantly better game and the most toxic players are banned or similar.

One example is "that who shall not be named " currently in another platform of the game (not for long hopefully)

• Giche

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Giche said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Giche said:

@SovererignKing said:

Just logical.

They needed money.

I think it was a necessary evil personally. I love this game and im happy for its growth.

Also like orion said the game was held by their publisher at the time so they might have had not a choice in the matter anyways .

Now its a significantly better game and the most toxic players are banned or similar.

One example is "that who shall not be named " currently in another platform of the game (not for long hopefully)

I can totally understand you on this.

More of a matters of personal value at this point, i can't stand this "marketing strategy"(lul).

• pauloandrade22

@Giche said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Giche said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Giche said:

@SovererignKing said:

Just logical.

They needed money.

I can totally understand you on this.

More of a matters of personal value at this point, i can't stand this "marketing strategy"(lul).

Yeah. Despite its fails balance wise and similar im like too invested in this game to leave it anymore ( THIS is the true software crack).

So if a game has made me feel like this then it has to be worthy of a lot of love and dedication you know?

And i like the devs personally ( i understand why peps dont like them tho) they made the game and then it grew a lot (tutorials, shop for cosmetics , emblem system, ect...)
    and the dev- streams too ( i liked the old format better though). I will criticize their fails tho( flashlight "fix" , "august 2016" ,"creation of DS BS").

• Incarnate

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Incarnate said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Incarnate said:

I think that the middle finger is the most offensive act that you can perform that excludes words and violence. Its disrespecfull and rude.

You know, the middle finger is, just a finger. Where teabagging is different as it also includes motion, it depicts something something sexually demeaning and derogatory.

When someone gives me the middle finger, I either ignore them or just look at the finger and then back at the individual, then give the individual a puzzled / confused look - and respond with, yes thats a finger! Then watch their reaction.

The point of the matter is, it's because it's been attributed a meaning, but in reality, it's just a finger, nothing more, and it doesn't depict anything else than a finger.

..good to know, though I probably won't need the hatch anyways ;)

@245_Trioxin said:

@Incarnate said:

It's not a targeted and persistent attack on a specific person, so it is not cyberbullying. Once again, please stop watering things down to suit your agenda/ideology. By adding "different actions of varying degrees" you make the word lose all power. It no longer has substance, and takes away from actual victims (because now anyone can claim they're a victim).

The only reason it could be considered trolling, again, is because of people like you who feel that they need to water down and change definitions. An insult is not trolling. Just because devs jokingly refer to it in an achievement does not make it a definition.

"Furthermore, the action is demeaning, derogatory and beyond human decency as it's based on the sexual act to teabag."

This statement is laughable. Do you see how overly sensitive you are being? It's just done to make you angry, that's all. And apparently it works like a charm.

"There is a reason why it has led to high ranking players in other games to be temporarily banned for the action."

In e-sports, yes, but not because it is cyberbullying. It would be considered unsportsmanlike conduct, just like in any other sport. But, seeing as this is not a competitive, e-sport, style game, and is way more casual, those rules don't apply here.

Not targeted and persistent? When it's being done by survivors against the killer, then there is a target, and if they keep on doing it, then it becomes persistent. I'm not watering the definitions down, they are what they are. In general there are a lot of actions that are or can be considered cyberbullying and / or trolling, these actions can be of varying degrees - the word doesn't lose power just because that is added. By your logic, that would be same as saying the word "criminal" loses all meaning when it's said that there are various types and severity of crimes. Nothing is taken away from any victims, there are many different types and severities of cyberbullying, the victims of any cyberbullying action isn't any less a victim. What I am saying though that is that teabagging can be consider one of the cyberbullying actions that can be done towards others, where the severity (with limits) depends on how the victim perceives and interprets the action.

How does that make me sensitive just because I acknowledge the fact that it is such, I haven't said anything in regards to how I react if people subject me to that, because it doesn't get to me, but I know it gets to others.
    ..and it seems you don't really acknowledge that.

DbD not being competitive, well I disagree, it may not be par with certain other games, but it certainly is a competitive game, it's 4v1 game where you're competing to beat the other player(s) - it's competitive! Granted it's not an e-sport game (yet) - and you can't say those rules don't apply here, because who makes you the judge of that?

• pauloandrade22

@Incarnate said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Incarnate said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Incarnate said:

You know, the middle finger is, just a finger. Where teabagging is different as it also includes motion, it depicts something something sexually demeaning and derogatory.

When someone gives me the middle finger, I either ignore them or just look at the finger and then back at the individual, then give the individual a puzzled / confused look - and respond with, yes thats a finger! Then watch their reaction.

The point of the matter is, it's because it's been attributed a meaning, but in reality, it's just a finger, nothing more, and it doesn't depict anything else than a finger.

..good to know, though I probably won't need the hatch anyways ;)

@245_Trioxin said:

@Incarnate said:

Not targeted and persistent? When it's being done by survivors against the killer, then there is a target, and if they keep on doing it, then it becomes persistent. I'm not watering the definitions down, they are what they are. In general there are a lot of actions that are or can be considered cyberbullying and / or trolling, these actions can be of varying degrees - the word doesn't lose power just because that is added. By your logic, that would be same as saying the word "criminal" loses all meaning when it's said that there are various types and severity of crimes. Nothing is taken away from any victims, there are many different types and severities of cyberbullying, the victims of any cyberbullying action isn't any less a victim. What I am saying though that is that teabagging can be consider one of the cyberbullying actions that can be done towards others, where the severity (with limits) depends on how the victim perceives and interprets the action.

How does that make me sensitive just because I acknowledge the fact that it is such, I haven't said anything in regards to how I react if people subject me to that, because it doesn't get to me, but I know it gets to others.

DbD not being competitive, well I disagree, it may not be par with certain other games, but it certainly is a competitive game, it's 4v1 game where you're competing to beat the other player(s) - it's competitive! Granted it's not an e-sport game (yet) - and you can't say those rules don't apply here, because who makes you the judge of that?

Im like 90% sure the middle finger is supposed to represent the sexual male organ .

And for me actions are more offensive than words . A random saying ""######### you" to me bothers me a little them im like "ok?". middle finger annoys( at best) me for the day and insults me at worst.
    But i Should learn with your behavior.

Also i hope you can recover from your ears as well.

• 245_Trioxin

@Incarnate said:

Does the survivor know the name of the killer before or during the match? No, they don't. So it is not targeted and persistent. The survivor is not teabagging you, they are teabagging the killer, which is just an avatar. They are not lobby hopping in order to find you and teabag you. They are not finding you on Facebook and sending gifs of them teabagging. They are getting a rise out of the nameless person controlling the killer. It is not targeted, not persistent, and not harassment.

This is what I mean by you being overly sensitive. You are assuming a personal attack when the person on the other end is not teabagging you. They are teabagging an avatar, whether that is a Nurse, Hillbilly, etc. They don't even know your name until the post-match screen. In addition, your statement about it being derogatory and "beyond human decency" shows exactly the level of sensitivity I'm talking about. Claiming it is "beyond human decency" is taking on a stance of authoritarian moralism and equating it to terrorism, #########, or murder.

I never said it doesn't get to people. Hell, it's gotten a rise out of me before. I'm not making that argument. I stated that it is obnoxious and immature.

See, here's the problem with this debate. I am not defending it on any level. I don't do it, and if you do it to me, you're getting hooked. What I am doing is making the argument that it is not trolling, per the definition, and it is not cyberbullying because (though it's really annoying) it is not targeted, persistent, and overtly malicious.

Regarding DbD not being competitive, it cannot be. There is way too much RNG that happens in the game for it to be competitive on any level. The generation of the map alone is enough to create an imbalance that will keep it firmly out of any e-sport. Never mind the other randomness of the game, as a whole.

• Incarnate

@245_Trioxin said:

@Incarnate said:

Does the survivor know the name of the killer before or during the match? No, they don't. So it is not targeted and persistent. The survivor is not teabagging you, they are teabagging the killer, which is just an avatar. They are not lobby hopping in order to find you and teabag you. They are not finding you on Facebook and sending gifs of them teabagging. They are getting a rise out of the nameless person controlling the killer. It is not targeted, not persistent, and not harassment.

This is what I mean by you being overly sensitive. You are assuming a personal attack when the person on the other end is not teabagging you. They are teabagging an avatar, whether that is a Nurse, Hillbilly, etc. They don't even know your name until the post-match screen. In addition, your statement about it being derogatory and "beyond human decency" shows exactly the level of sensitivity I'm talking about. Claiming it is "beyond human decency" is taking on a stance of authoritarian moralism and equating it to terrorism, #########, or murder.

I never said it doesn't get to people. Hell, it's gotten a rise out of me before. I'm not making that argument. I stated that it is obnoxious and immature.

See, here's the problem with this debate. I am not defending it on any level. I don't do it, and if you do it to me, you're getting hooked. What I am doing is making the argument that it is not trolling, per the definition, and it is not cyberbullying because (though it's really annoying) it is not targeted, persistent, and overtly malicious.

Regarding DbD not being competitive, it cannot be. There is way too much RNG that happens in the game for it to be competitive on any level. The generation of the map alone is enough to create an imbalance that will keep it firmly out of any e-sport. Never mind the other randomness of the game, as a whole.

They don't need to know the name of the killer before or during the match to target you, it doesn't have to be targeting you through your real or online identity, for it to be considered targeted - they're targeting the one in control of "the avatar", which is sufficient to consider it as targeted. And if they keep on doing it, then it's persistent, doesn't have to carry on to another match. They may not have have the name on the individual they're targeting and harassing, but it doesn't change their behaviour, and their intention behind the behaviour certainly also counts in regards to determining if it's trolling and/or cyberbullying to some extent.

I'm not assuming it's a personal attack, but it's not the killer they're trying to harass, it's the player behind it, and by extension, that means an attack on the player and NOT the avatar. So not it's not me who am being overly sensitive, I just acknowledge it for what it is, and that other folks have a problem with it, and the fact it's player they're trying to target, even when they're limited by the game's design to do this fully. Teabagging is beyond human decency if you go by what teabaggin is defined as when it's non-consensual, when carried out non-consensually in real life it actually, in some jurisdictions, is legally considered sexual assault or sexual battery.

So you're saying it's not trolling by definition, well that certainly depends where you read the definition and how you interpret it... A troll is a person who upsets people on the Internet, who distract and sows discord with the intent of provoking it's targets into displaying emotional responses. I would definitely say that those who're trying target the player through teabagging behaviour certainly has the intent to upset, provoke and sow discord in an attempt to trigger an emotional reaction. On the note of cyberbullying, "Cyberbullying or cyberharassment is a form of bullying or harassment using electronic means." Harassment, "Harassment covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behavior that disturbs or upsets, and it is characteristically repetitive." - it is to an extent cyberbullying due to it being a form of harassment, as it can be persistent, which it usually is. Furthermore, trolling is more vaguely defined than actually is, and encompasses a lot more than how it is defined - its very abstract, trolling can be an act of harassment.

DbD is competitive, granted it's not an e-sport, but the doesn't mean it's any less competitive. It's very nature is competitive, the versus part also implies competition, the player rank system also encourages competitiveness. It's a competitive game, despite it's RNG elements and imbalances. Just because it's not an e-sport game doesn't mean it's not a competitive game.

GameSpot even said "Dead by Daylight executes the concept of a competitive horror game.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

It seems like in most horror movies the suvivor/victim gets killed when trying to taunt the killer. Tea bagging is so played out in any game so why not change that up and do something original for this game hehe. Say if a suvivor does two quick crouch moves (or just crouches) by the gate then the killer can wound them and knock them to the ground or...instantly kill them.

• 245_Trioxin

@Incarnate said:

@245_Trioxin said:

@Incarnate said:

They don't need to know the name of the killer before or during the match to target you, it doesn't have to be targeting you through your real or online identity, for it to be considered targeted - they're targeting the one in control of "the avatar", which is sufficient to consider it as targeted. And if they keep on doing it, then it's persistent, doesn't have to carry on to another match. They may not have have the name on the individual they're targeting and harassing, but it doesn't change their behaviour, and their intention behind the behaviour certainly also counts in regards to determining if it's trolling and/or cyberbullying to some extent.

I'm not assuming it's a personal attack, but it's not the killer they're trying to harass, it's the player behind it, and by extension, that means an attack on the player and NOT the avatar. So not it's not me who am being overly sensitive, I just acknowledge it for what it is, and that other folks have a problem with it, and the fact it's player they're trying to target, even when they're limited by the game's design to do this fully. Teabagging is beyond human decency if you go by what teabaggin is defined as when it's non-consensual, when carried out non-consensually in real life it actually, in some jurisdictions, is legally considered sexual assault or sexual battery.

So you're saying it's not trolling by definition, well that certainly depends where you read the definition and how you interpret it... A troll is a person who upsets people on the Internet, who distract and sows discord with the intent of provoking it's targets into displaying emotional responses. I would definitely say that those who're trying target the player through teabagging behaviour certainly has the intent to upset, provoke and sow discord in an attempt to trigger an emotional reaction. On the note of cyberbullying, "Cyberbullying or cyberharassment is a form of bullying or harassment using electronic means." Harassment, "Harassment covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behavior that disturbs or upsets, and it is characteristically repetitive." - it is to an extent cyberbullying due to it being a form of harassment, as it can be persistent, which it usually is. Furthermore, trolling is more vaguely defined than actually is, and encompasses a lot more than how it is defined - its very abstract, trolling can be an act of harassment.

DbD is competitive, granted it's not an e-sport, but the doesn't mean it's any less competitive. It's very nature is competitive, the versus part also implies competition, the player rank system also encourages competitiveness. It's a competitive game, despite it's RNG elements and imbalances. Just because it's not an e-sport game doesn't mean it's not a competitive game.

GameSpot even said "Dead by Daylight executes the concept of a competitive horror game.

It is not the same person or group of people doing it every match. Again, you are stretching definitions to fit your perception, and doing damage to actual harassment victims. Harassment has to be persistent, by a specific person or group, against a specific target. Teabagging in a match does not qualify as harassment under any law.

Did you seriously just equate crouching repeatedly in a video game to sexual assault? You just keep proving my point over and over again. It's going too far with sensitivity. You may not be sensitive to it when it happens to you, but you are overly sensitive towards the concept as a whole. You're coming at this through a lens of morality. Morals are personal beliefs on right and wrong, and should not be pressed on anyone else.

You can literally make anything competitive going by that definition. Super Mario Bros. can be competitive because there's a two-player mode and a scoring system. What I am saying, is that in order for it to be considered a competitive game in the sense of an e-sport, it would need far more consistency and less randomness. Which is why I said it is more casual, as it cannot hit a level of consistency that would be required to ensure that matches were based purely on skill, and that there are no other factors.

Going back to map generation, generator placement alone could favor the survivors or killer in any given match. Just recently (within the past couple of weeks), Tru3 posted a YouTube video where he wound up with five generators located directly around the killer shack, which just happened to be where the basement is located. He talked about the placement through the majority of the video, and discussed the fact that the survivors could do nothing, because of simple randomness. He was able to camp the basement and monitor all of the gens simultaneously. At that point, the match stops being about skill. This game is far more casual than you're making it out to be. Those survivors did not stand a chance, no matter how high their skill level. This also happens to killers, where spawn and totem placement will screw them over before the match even starts.