We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

NEED COMMUNITY HELP | RANDOM DISCONNECT IN-GAME

Options
PatBrutal
PatBrutal Member Posts: 566
edited September 2022 in Bug Reporting

This thread is specifically for the Random Disconnect in-game. Please make sure to follow the information that we need listed below:

PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE ANY RELEVANT INFORMATION, SUCH AS: 

• Your platform
  • Which region are you from
  • The time frame when the error occurred (The date and time you had the issue)
  • Logs (apply to PC only)

Note: If needed I will contact you via DM for further information

HOW TO GET YOUR LOGS (THIS PART ONLY APPLY TO PC PLAYERS):

When you get the issue, close your game and do not reopen it until you get your logs.

• Press Win+R
  • Type in appdata
  • Press OK
  • In opened window navigate to: \Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs
  • Usually you would need to attach the DeadByDaylight.log file.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Post edited by Mandy on
75 votes

Answered · Last Updated

Comments

• TrialByFire476
    TrialByFire476 Member Posts: 100
    Options

PS4

NA Region (Southern United States, specifically)

I'm online at various times, but usually really early morning/late afternoon/late at night (anywhere from 6 P.M. to 5 A.M.).

• 666devilsoul
    666devilsoul Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC

Brazil / São Paulo

15 May @ 21h - 23h (in this week it happaned a lot)

lately, this random disconnection has been a common problem for me. Sometimes it happens when I get hooked, make a generator or heal someone. I do not know if it is a common feature of the error, but I cannot perform any action or see its progress until disconnected from the host, for example a generator recovery progress freezes, a healing progress freezes or, when I use empathy perk , the other survivor is running in the same place. After that, in the match summary, It says "I survived and escaped" and the killer disconnected ("You were disconnected from the host"), I think I lost at least 5 or 6 progresses this week.

• Buhweanne
    Buhweanne Member Posts: 3
    Options

XBoxOne - MD, USA. Hard wired, very good internet.

I actually just created this account today because of this reoccurring issue that happens to me as well! Constantly for the past couple of weeks, I remember it beginning sometime after I took the DBD survey because I was excited they were implementing the penalty for DC'ers finally.

It happens at any time of the day, 10:00am, 2:00pm, midnight, 1:00am. I will be in the middle of an action, and my option buttons disappear for a few moments, and then I get disconnected from the host. The scoreboard screen says I escaped and that the killer disconnected, and yet I still get the penalty. Today's is 6 hours.

I've never had this issue before, been playing almost everyday since January. So I put in a ticket a few days ago when the penalty reached 15 minutes. The person that answered my second attempt (first reply is definitely a keyword bot search and reply) was very prompt and polite, but the answer I got does not help me. Essentially "there is nothing we can do, just have to wait it out." I get so anxious starting the game up now, wondering how many rounds I'll get to play before I'm banned :(

• suexid
    suexid Member Posts: 1
    Options

Platform: Windows (Steam)

Region: EU

Date: 2020-005-16 17:40 (timestamp might not be accurate)

Log: Attached

Internet: Broadband (1Gb/200Mbit)

Game has started, tried to slow-vault in the mixer in Gideon when the game hanged (I was able to move the camera, but nothing else happened) then I got disconnected. For me it showed as if the host has been disconnected but for my friends it showed up as I were disconnecting. Got 5 minute DC penalty as a result.

• slowstep
    slowstep Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020
    Options

Platform : Steam

Region : Malaysia

Date: 16-17 May 2020 8.15 PM (approximately) GMT+8

Log : Attached

Internet: Broadband 500Mbps/100Mbps

It random happened recently in the past few days. I have no issue with other online games. Now I got 6 hrs banned. Please take a look into this issue. Thank you very much.

EDIT: Add another log for 21 May 2020 00.50 AM (GMT+8)

Banned for another 1 hr. before this can play almost 10 games without disconnection

Post edited by slowstep on
  • Buhweanne
    Buhweanne Member Posts: 3
    Options

Interesting Update from May 16 (above).

Waited the 6 hour ban from yesterday morning, couldn't even get 1 game in on my XBoxOne before I got disconnected and issued a 24 hour ban.

I went back to playing on my Nintendo Switch, originally played there for a while before receiving the XBoxOne in January.

Same internet, absolutely 0 issues. Not disconnected once, and I played for a few hours. The Switch offers a more clunky experience, but I can't tell you how nice it was to actually play last night.

It has me curious about a few things though. The ONLY comparisons I can even make: XBox console is hard wired to internet and 6 months old, but the game is played through GamePass - I'm a red rank survivor. Switch is on Wifi and has been with me for years, but I purchased an actual game cartridge - left off on rank 14 when I logged in last night.

Honestly just grasping at straws here, but I really enjoy XBox more than Switch for this game so I plan on doing more "research" in hope that something will come to light for a fix.

• Barata__
    Barata__ Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC-Brazil-17/05/2020 ~11:35 Brasília Time

I am disconnected from the server alone, it appears as if the killer disconnected, I earn blood points normally and I take the time penalty to look for another match.This has been happening frequently, starting with 5 minutes and now it's in 15 minutes. In a little while I will start to stay 1 hour and even a whole day without being able to play, and I have no fault whatsoever.

• lotelal
    lotelal Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2020
    Options

PC

Brazil-São Paulo

12:20

I was disconnected from a game, but everything was normal, my internet was good, i earned my bloodpoints and rank, this is occurring every day and now i have to wait 3 DAYS, i think this is a bug, in my screen said that the killer was disconnected

please remove my penalty, it´s so boring have to wait 3 days to play this game

• Brunno
    Brunno Member Posts: 52
    Options

PC

Brasil- Feira de Santana (near the city of ''Salvador'')

I've already received 48 hours of punishment !!! the ping is also high, probably the Brazilian servers are broken!

I already posted my "Log" on the game support.

• wussyboi2000
    wussyboi2000 Member Posts: 73
    Options

PS4

Brazil / São Paulo

Around 0:30am

"Disconnection From Host" mid-match

This is happening repeatedly after the Deathslinger patch. Happened many, many times to me. My PS4 is plugged in directly from the internet box and I even put my PS4 into a DMZ to see if it would help. It didn't, it's still happening. This is a bug in the code of the game.

• Brunno
    Options

For me the problem started a while after the windows were updated.

• wussyboi2000
    Options

PS4

Brazil / São Paulo

Around 10:50PM

"Disconnection from host" bug again. 15 min ban. Cannot stand this bug anymore.

Video:

• Nathxn_420
    Nathxn_420 Member Posts: 1
    Options

PS4

New England

2:24 PM, 2:30 PM, and 7:22 PM

For some reason whenever I am in a game, my ps4 will randomly freeze for a second and then the game will crash (error CE-34878-0) and the problem that I have with it crashing is that every time it crashes I get a larger matchmaking penalty and I sometimes derank, and I don’t want to get banned, and at the same time I don’t want to crash and leave my teammates without a 4th survivor.

• Zariak
    Zariak Member Posts: 2
    Options

PC

United States, Michigan

Multiples times in the past few days but the most recent was at 1:15 AM on 5/23/20

I have been randomly disconnecting from games lately. It has probably happened about like 10 times in the past week during any part of the game, like at the beginning and even at the very end. I have already gotten two 15 minute penalties now and I am worried the penalty is going to get worse. I am going to reinstall my game to see if that will hopefully fix it.

• gyroide
    gyroide Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2020
    Options

PC

Brasil, São Paulo

almost everyday, last one was 10 minutes ago

didn't know about the logs, sorry

I've also been getting disconections all of the time... It's getting pretty annoying. I usually play killer and most of the disconections come along especially when I'm picking up survivors I've noticed. It has also happened when I'm breaking pallets or hitting a survivor, but the pick ups are the most common.

• Brunno
    Options

now I can't even start the game, saying I need internet '-' ok ... I hope it is down due to server fix ...

• Brunno
    Options

we would like the developers to tell us some news about the problem. Was this topic put on top of the forum just for decoration?

• Brunno
    Options

my internet is: VIVO, here in Brazil, and you?

All games work perfectly here, only the DBD has this error, I noticed that a player with the internet Vivo also has this problem, the fact is: Only the dbd is in trouble, maybe the server is in conflict with the internet VIVO?

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

I got banned for 5 minutes last night due to the game crashing, you guys really need to fix this. I read that the time increases and some are getting 48 hour bans from game crashes? WOW you rly need to fix this, I took 10 month break and came back and this is what I got, banned because the game crashed.

• CaptainRaider
    CaptainRaider Member Posts: 144
    Options

Having consistent crashes and bugs on mobile; crashes every 5 to 6 games at the most and visual bugs every other game. By crashes I mean when playing killer I’ll have a 4k 30k+ game and it will just boot me out to the app screen without warning and no matter how fast I click back to the app I end up at the main menu with all my progress taken away. Again, this happens no later than every 5-6 games as killer for me. ALSO when playing I will have black holes on my screen with seizure-inducing outlines of rapid fire rainbow textures. This is horrible as killer, because it can completely blind me and prevent me from continuing a chase.

• gui4k
    gui4k Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC

Brazil / Espírito Santo

24/05/2020 - more or less 20:10 (the last log)

thats happen all day with me, in 23/05/2020 i get 2 ban of 6 hours, and 24/05/2020 another one of 24hours.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571
    edited May 2020
    Options

PC

Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul

Multiples times in the past few days but the most recent was around 8 p.m (gmt -3) today

I have been randomly disconnecting from games lately. It has probably happened about like 6 times in the past week during any part of the game, like at the beginning and even at the very end, now I'm stuck with a 6 hour ban.

• bcabralpires
    bcabralpires Member Posts: 2
    Options

Same issue. Anyone?

• Zariak
    Zariak Member Posts: 2
    Options

PC

United States, Michigan

Just happened today, 5/27/20 at 12:50 pm.

This is my second post on this forum now because I am still randomly disconnecting from games. This has been going on for awhile now, I can usually get like 8 games in before I disconnect if the game wants to be nice to me. The disconnects are purely random in game, can be at anytime. My penalty is still climbing, luckily it hasn't gotten too high but it is only going to get higher. Attached is the log and a picture of my ban time because of the faulty disconnect.

• AndrewDead
    AndrewDead Member Posts: 2
    Options

PC

Huila, Colombia

this error is happening 2 weeks ago, it says that I don't have internet, that it can't save my game and it takes me out of the game, I try to enter again and it says that I don't have internet, when it lets me in after a while I play well, without cuts network or anything like that and when the game ends I get out again that it was not possible to save or update the player level and it takes me out again, I already checked the integrity, check my internet, I reinstalled the game but it is still the same .

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208
    Options

Xbox One

North America

This occured to me twice yesterday (Wednesday May 27th, 2020) when I was playing as a killer. The first time was when I was playing a player dropped a pallet on me and I was stuck. I could still look around and such so it didn't bother me too much Knowing I can be freed out eventually, but I couldn't look around anymore then my game froze and it kicked me out. And it said, "No Network Connection" when I was prompted on the title screen. After I logged back in the game I received a 3 Minute match making penalty. The second time I was playing another game as killer but this time I got kicked out of the game again after a few minutes in the game and I received another 3 minute matchmaking penalty.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    edited May 2020
    Options

PS4 Pro

Ceará / Brazil

At least once a day. Sometimes 3 or 4

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

This has happened to me more than once at various times of day, but the most recent one was:

Platform: PS4

Region: Western Region of the United States (Nevada)

When: Saturday, May 30th, 2020, approx. 12:10 p.m.

What: Blue screen and then a message saying: An error has occurred in the following application. (CE-34878-0) Dead by Daylight

I was given a DC time penalty.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

It literally just did it to me again. And I was given another DC penalty. I'm not even going to try to play again today.

This time it occurred at approx. 12:30 p.m.

(FYI, I emailed the devs about this before and was told to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I did that, and it didn't fix it).

• CatHerder
    CatHerder Member Posts: 1
    Options

Platform: PC

Region: US (Pacific)

Time: Several times over the last few days, last time at 12:08 A.M

Completely random disconnects almost every game.

• wussyboi2000
    Options

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

6:50 AM

I was playing Deathslinger and suddenly I couldn't reload his gun and he started walking REALLY slow. Then the game crashed and I got the "Disconnection From Host" message. Got a 5 min ban.

Video proof:

• wussyboi2000
    Options

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

1:40 PM

Another crash, same day. This time I was about to grab a survivor doing a gen and the animation got stuck. Then the game crashed and I got the "Disconnection From Host" message again. Another 5 min ban for me. I'll stop playing now because I know it's gonna keep crashing until I get a ridiculous DC penalty (my record is 48h).

Video proof:

• rwbmachine
    rwbmachine Member Posts: 8
    Options

PC

Houston Texas

Started crashing at random. I have tried reinstalling the game. it has happened at least three times today

Playing killer all system monitors are showing proper temperatures. No overclocks on any of my equipment.

R7 3800X

gaming pro 470x

16GB ram 16-19-19-39 3600

970 evo M2

1tb drive rtx2070

hard wired ethernet

• wussyboi2000
    Options

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

9:25 AM

Happened again. I hit a survivor, the game crashed and I got the "Disconnection From Host" message. Another unfair DC penalty. I couldn't get a video this time because my PS4 didn't capture it for some reason, but it was basically the same as the other videos I posted.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571
    Options

Guys, they really don't care. I've sent tickets, I've created a discussion, I've sent recordings of the gameplay, NOT A SINGLE RESPONSE from devs, from mods, from no one, just a big ######### you. They're professionals at shifting the blame to the player's connection, even when we PROVE that our internet IS NOT THE PROBLEM. It's sad and it will kill the game.

• CREEPERGAMER138
    CREEPERGAMER138 Member Posts: 4
    Options

PC

Santiago chile

It is the 4th time that it happens to me at different times of the day. I do not know which file to send so that everyone will see it, but I will send the last one but I would like to not be penalized because I do not disconnect, I disconnect myself

• CREEPERGAMER138
    Options

PC

Santiago Chile

again it happened to me because this is happening to me

• SkyFree
    SkyFree Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    Options
    • Platform: PC
    • Region: North America
    • June 1st, between 10 PM and just short of midnight, Eastern Time
    • Logs: Attached, presumably.

Really hoping you guys can fix this shortly. I just dropped $20 on Auric Cells and was immediately unable to play the game. I have video evidence proving that I didn't disconnect, the server forcefully ejected me.

• Donleov
    Donleov Member Posts: 117
    Options

PC

São Paulo, Brazil

11:00 am Brasilia

It just happened to me.

• Mineiro11
    Mineiro11 Member Posts: 5
    Options

I'm being disconnected from nowhere and my internet is normal.

Date: 01/06/2020

Hours: 19:56

Region: São Paulo, Brazil

Please remove my 3-day ban

This is happening directly and my internet is normal

• wussyboi2000
    Options

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

5:15 PM

A survivor stopped running and I hit her, game crashed and gave me the "Disconnection From Host" message. Another DC penalty.

Video:

• SkyFree
    SkyFree Member Posts: 2
    Options

Date: June 2nd, 2020

Time: 4:35 PM (16:35) Eastern Time

Region: North America (Boston)

Please. Fix this. I just want to play your game. I can not play your game because of these connection issues that aren't me. My internet is reading clear across the board, I'm having no poor quality issues with downloads, streams, voice calls, or other games. But about 80% of my games I try to play in DBD end up having a killer or survivor running away into a corner before I get the "Disconnected From Host" screen. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I just want to play your game. I've purchased all of the DLC. I've invested hundreds of hours into the game itself, and hundreds more watching various videos, streams, and memes.

Once again, I have videos of the disconnects as they happen due to NVIDIA Shadowplay. This past one I was running away from Tier 3 Myers after getting two pallet stuns and after I was getting ready to loop him at a VERY unsafe pallet, I watched him walk away in a straight line. Briefly thought he might have lost me so I pointed at him and just boom. DC. 15 minute ban. I don't want to keep playing and get a multi day ban for something out of my control and, bluntly, not my issue. If my internet was having a conniption that's one thing, but it's not. It's somewhere in the pipe between me and the servers, and while it might not be the server itself, it's definitely not me. Please find a fix somewhere in here I can't complete my tome like this.

• sizzl3
    sizzl3 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Date: June 2nd, 2020

Time 6:22 est

Platform: PS4

Region: North America

Game disconnects every time now. It happens and takes away actions while the music is still playing. Kicks me out to main menu and says I need internet connection. Occasionally says disconnected from host. I now have a 30 min dc timer. I want to play the game but can’t because I don’t want to risk getting banned.

• wussyboi2000
    Options

PS4

São Paulo / Brazil

7:03 PM / 3 June 2020

"Disconnection From Host" + DC penalty

Video:

• CREEPERGAMER138
    Options

pc

Santiago Chile

It is the fifth time and I already have 15 minutes. Please help.

• Nekros
    Nekros Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC

Argentina

Random disconnections since last week, every day. 30 mins to 1 hour bans.

This discussion has been closed.