If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

NEED COMMUNITY HELP | RANDOM DISCONNECT IN-GAME

Options
12346»

Comments

• Droogs
    Droogs Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2020
    Options

Platform: PC / Steam

Region: Germany

Date: December 13. Just happened at approximately 17:08 (5:08 pm). Happened 4 times today.

Log: Attached

Internet: Broadband 100Mbps

Disconnects near the end of the match, says "No Network Connection" but my internet is stable.

• christineye
    christineye Member Posts: 2
    Options

I constantly have this issue of disconnecting rom game server since September this year. I cannot load into the game at all, the game server disconnect when I just about to loading into deadbydaylight, I knew that by monitoring my ping. My ping became 999ms everytime when I just about to load in, this is not a coincidence. All items, addons, rank progress are lost, just cannot play the game. If someone else is having the same issue with me plz tell me how to solve the problem.

Thank you!

Platform: PC

Region: NA

Time: 12/15/2020 12:52 PM

• Zerlog
    Zerlog Member Posts: 3
    Options

PC

United States, Iowa

12/16/2020, about 3:00 am

So tonight I played 2 matches as Demogorgon, during the first one I dropped down to 4 frames from my solid 60. My PC Temp was fine, DBD was the only thing running, no other downloads, and my connection was fine! Game suddenly disconnects out of nowhere. BS. The second round went well, but at the end I saw a Nancy start running forward endlessly and then I DC'd. Like before, everything was fine but my game pooped out. Got banned for 5 minutes because of it, is there no way to tell between a connection/game issue and a manual disconnect?

• Angeluozx
    Angeluozx Member Posts: 3
    Options

PC

Mexico ,Ciudad de mexico

The error happens next to the point that I can no longer play for the matchmaking ban

• Grimdarko
    Grimdarko Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2020
    Options

PS4

North America

4:30-4:45 AM 12/18/2021

Was Surviving with a Friend, Map Was the Gideon Meat Plant and Randomly got kicked and got a temporary Ban which while it wasn't long it was still frustrating that I'm getting punished for something I did not do, this is the second time this has happened please fix this issue before I my unjustly earned penalties start stacking and ruining the game for me.

My PSN ID is the same as it is on here.

• KittyJCaboose
    KittyJCaboose Member Posts: 10
    Options

Xbox

Unites states, Oklahoma

For the last 105 days. Doesn't seem to matter the time.

Anytime I try to play, especially with my spouse. I am kicked within the first few minutes of every game. Often receive error code 500, but not always. It also always gives a disconnection penalty.

• BihMortari
    BihMortari Member Posts: 2
    Options

PC

Brazil, São Paulo

I'm having so much connection issues, having rollbacks or disconnect from the server.

• Jane69
    Jane69 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Why do survivors have to lose a pip if killer disconnets? We shouldnt lose a pip if anoyone other than ourselves disconnet tbh. How is this fair.

• Real_Mort
    Real_Mort Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2020
    Options

For some reason mine is in some foreign language

PC

Michigan, US - 10:39 pm

Post edited by Real_Mort on
  • Final_Girl
    Final_Girl Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC/Steam

Germany, 8:55 pm

I've been getting disconnected from host errors for months now and my DC penalty timer does NOT regress at all, despite me not playing ranked in four days. I had a 1 hour ban four days ago and just now DCd again (after like 3 hours of playing without issue) and got 30 minutes ban.

I have been having this issue for a long time and it's making it increasingly impossible to play the game. Please help me find a solution here.

• DoctorCion
    DoctorCion Member Posts: 1
    Options

Platform:PC

Region: United States, Arkansas

When: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, approx. 1 pm to 4 pm

What: I'll be playing and randomly dc at the start of a match or just anywhere in the middle its very random and gives me a matchmaking penalty. I'm very sure my connection to the Internet is completely fine, I have no troubles in other games at all.

• TheLoaLoa
    TheLoaLoa Member Posts: 1
    Options

PS4 PRO - USA, IN - 12/25 - 12:00 am / 2:00 am

Kicked from game because of "Session Ended" despite not being idle or having a BHVR account

• Kiseki1
    Kiseki1 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2020
    Options

PC, LAS (Argentina)

when the new patch (with the twins killers) came out i tried to open the game but a bug relationated with a chunk pack (number seven) popped, i couldn't find how to fix it so i unistalled the game and reinstalled, it looked alright but when i try to play the moment the match charges it crashes and kicks me to the lobby cause of "server desconection", it happened many times and in different hours too, i tried uninstalling it again but it didn't worked, i honestly don't know what more can i do

• bsturtle
    bsturtle Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2020
    Options

EDIT

I uninstalled and re-installed DBD, but that did not help. Monday morning I updated the firmware of my router (Netgear R6220) from v1.1.0.80 to V1.1.0.106. Since then I've played several matches as killer and survivor without disconnect.

END EDIT

I'm disconnected from every game after about 5 minutes of play as survivor or killer. This began around between Dec 18th and 20th. Located in the US. good internet connection/speeds. no VPN. a friend of mine plays on the same network, sometimes in the same games (SWF) on her laptop and does not have any connection issues.

Post edited by bsturtle on
  • raquelambersantiago
    Options

Just happened to me told me i escaped killer dcd i got all my points BUT i still got hit with DC penalty yet issue is on YOUR END.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1646594784580892455/CB21C7B1299D5E5DA714A920596D9DB352B93E64/

• raquelambersantiago
    Options

Keep getting error message that MATCH SERVER HAS BEEN LOST. Yet im getting the penalty temporarily then when i relog in penalty is gone

• mckitty
    mckitty Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021
    Options

PC. East Coast, USA. 1/2/2021 10:30AM EST. It's been happening about once per day, towards the end of a match. Usually going for an unhook/performing an action and game freezes, in-game sounds go on repeat. A few weeks ago, this would happen and I would get a crash report. Now, when it occurs I get a D/C penalty. Usually playing Nancy character, but log refers to game on the preschool map, playing survivor/Meg against Plague.

Happened again. PC, East Coast, USA. 1/2/2021 4:10PM EST. was playing match against plague as Nancy character. End game collapse started, was crawling towards exit gate when error came up "d/c from host". End game screen showed I escaped, was awarded my 20k bloints but when matchmaking screen loaded I had the d/c penalty of 28 minutes. log included

Post edited by mckitty on
  • semihoereten
    semihoereten Member Posts: 5
    Options

Ps4

Germany (but my Ps4's Language is English (United Sates)

3/1/2021 18:08:02

• semihoereten
    Options

Ps4

Germany

6/1/2021 00:18

• semihoereten
    Options

ps4

germany

6/1/2021 00:34

• vjewel
    vjewel Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC

Philippines

1/9/2021 12:50am ( everyday )

• crystalkitti
    crystalkitti Member Posts: 346
    Options

PC, USA

Doesn't happen too often (thank the Divines), but the game suddenly freezes (actions like healing / repairing / unlocking don't complete, people keep running in one direction (into walls) and won't stop) and boots me out. Has also happened to my brother.

Not an issue from our end. When reentering the game, it gives us a penalty of several minutes. >:(

• Chloe_Deplano
    Chloe_Deplano Member Posts: 39
    Options

PC, Italy.

Happens only when I play Killer, once in every two matches, especially at the beginning of it, after 3-4 minutes from the start. The issue started to present itself 3-4 days ago.

• Baconator
    Baconator Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021
    Options

Ive been disconnected from the Game server as I was playing killer for the last 5 games. The DC wasnt consecutive but it has been every other of the 5 games i played in a row.

• JayBunni
    JayBunni Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC, Oceania (Australia).

Happened 18/01/2021 at between 10:00PM - 10:05PM AEST.

I was running in game and then afterimages of my survivor appeared on the screen and I was disconnected from the host.

This has happened a couple of times in the past.

I know my internet hasn't dropped out because i've been in voicechat with friends during my games and I haven't disconnected from discord or any other program I use that requires a stable internet connection doesn't drop out.

I was time penalised and dropped to rank 9 from rank 8, which isn't much but when I believe that it was not my fault that I disconnected y'know.

• Hamdann66
    Hamdann66 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021
    Options

PC, United Arab Emirates ( Abu Dhabi )

Sorry I don't have my log

Account number in DBD #51f7

this steam account https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198964709517/

Happened 20/01/2021 at between 1:00PM .

I was running in game and then afterimages of my survivor appeared on the screen and I was disconnected from the host.

it happened many many times and now its shows its banned for 24 hours !! for no reason

i was playing with my sister she didn't disconnected like me

my internet is fine and we check it many times and its only me that who disconnected

i hope you check this problem to not happened again

Post edited by Hamdann66 on
  • ravenamp
    ravenamp Member Posts: 8
    Options

PC

united arab emirates

iam crashing since the beginning of the game release

• menoc_sk27
    menoc_sk27 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2021
    Options

PC/Steam

Saxony, Germany

got disconnected midmatch twice, got an Error screen saying something along the lines of "error you need to be online to play" then it stays off a little while before reconnecting to the service. Happened in 2 out of 3 games I played today and lost the pips because of it. After the second time I got banned/locked for a couple of minutes.

Sidenote: the third game was a face camping Bubba that cost another pip. Red ranks, am I right? :(

Sorry for the edits. First post

• Waldennia
    Waldennia Member Posts: 4
    Options

PS4

Missouri, USA

Today, around 11:10AM 2/6/21

This has happened to me several times over the past couple of months. Prior to that, I rarely ever experienced random disconnects. It was pretty bad about two weeks ago and I thought I was free from it, but it happened again today as soon as I finished the last generator. I was up against a Nurse and she was coming my way after doing the last gen. I was injured so I tried to get in a locker to hide. That was the catalyst right there, trying to interact with something. That's how it usually happens. Whether it's slow vaulting a window, pallet, or going into a locker. The majority of times for me has been when I'm crawling through a window. The game will freeze and I might be able to look around momentarily before it disconnects me and sends me back to the loading screen. It will let me say 'continue' and load up the lobby, but there's no menu information, just a blank smoky screen with no killer character on it or options to take you to another screen. So I have to restart the whole game and by the time I get back, it shows that I have a DC penalty. It's of course frustrating because I have never intentionally disconnected before. I always try to stick the match out in hopes I'll get lucky or whatever. There was even a day where this happened three separate times and it landed me with a 12 minute DC penalty. I'm hoping the cause of the issue is being investigated because it makes the game not so fun when you lose all of your progress for that match and it happens at random. On top of that, (if you're playing survivor) it hurts your team and they often message me wondering why I DC'd and I have to explain that the game dipped on me yet again and apologize for ruining their game too. Sometimes, even the killer will message me wondering what they did wrong and I have to reassure them too that it wasn't them.

It's most definitely not my internet because I don't lose connection on any of my other devices and I'm always able to immediately reload the game without any other issues. So it has to be the game and it's always when an interaction is being attempted with (usually) an inanimate object. Once, it was when I was attempting to unhook someone. Something about interactions makes the game short circuit, kick people out, and dump a DC penalty on them despite having done no wrong. Hoping this will get figured out/fixed in near future.

This discussion has been closed.