If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

NEED COMMUNITY HELP | RANDOM DISCONNECT IN-GAME

Options

Comments

• Skulldugged
    Skulldugged Member Posts: 17
    Options

PC - US/NA - Several times today 8/2 and yesterday 8/1

I seem to be disconnecting as killer with increasing frequency. This usually happens when I am either using a killer's ability (setting a trap with the hag), or trying to grab a survivor either off the ground or off of a gen directly. I'm up to like 45 minutes for a DC ban, and each time I have no sign of having actually lost my connection.

The attached log is the most recent.

• coley_219
    coley_219 Member Posts: 324
    edited August 2020
    Options

ps4. NJ USA, between 10:30-11am...3 random disconnects in a row while I played killer. All three disconnects happened while I was chasing or about to throw a hatchet or hit with basic attack. Lost 1 pip each disconnect........update - just realized after restarting for the 2nd time that 4.1.2 patch rolled out during this time...maybe it interfered with my matches...i wasn't given the notice in game to update until around 11:15 am

• Defyeroflight
    Defyeroflight Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2020
    Options

Xbox

United States, West Virginia

It happened to me earlier this morning 1:15 am, 08/11/20. And it also happened a week before. I was just playing on Springwood and had just got downed by the killer. They started chasing one of my team mates so I crawled to the basement for healing to only be greeted by disconnected from host. I ended up losing my rank. Everything I done was a waste because of a random DC.

• coley_219
    Options

ps4 today around 2pm NJ USA ...i was huntress and the clip shows me getting disconnected :'(

• RatQueen
    RatQueen Member Posts: 16
    Options

PC (specifically Steam), happened today (12/08/2020 @ 22:40-ish) but has also happened in the week as well, before I knew this was an actual issue and not my setup being a wazzock.

Region is EU- specifically UK.

I was midway through doing the final gen in the match and suddenly the game just freezes and I'm booted out of it. I just wanted my gold emblems lol. :(

• MrReeceNC
    MrReeceNC Member Posts: 4
    Options

Platform : Windows 10 PC

Region: US East Coast (North Carolina)

Problem: CONSTANT PARTY MEMBER DISCONNECTS AND ONE ERROR 112 FOR ME YESTERDAY

I just started playing this game but ever since the cross-play integration I've had at least 2 people afk or DC in my games. Luckily most killers felt sorry and let us escape but the problem is happening in every game. When I got the error 112 I did not recieve any Bloodpoints and actually looked like I had even less than before which wasn't much. Also had a bug where I got stuck in place behind a rock but can't remember which map it was. I've attached my logs to this post.

• natj
    natj Member Posts: 2
    Options

Ever since I started cross-playing with friends on Xbox it disconnects me after every single game. I have to completely restart the game to join the party again.

Platform: Nintendo Switch

Region: South Central US (Texas)

• xoblahh
    xoblahh Member Posts: 1
    Options

PS4

New York

Since yesterday, the 17th, I have been getting disconnected from nearly every match I play. I was playing with a friend who lives overseas and for a couple matches we were both okay. After a while, the game started to glitch heavily. At first I thought it was a connection issue so I checked my connection and even cleared my PS4 storage, nothing. Today, I tried to play a couple matches on my own, they all froze then disconnected. At one point, I couldn’t even get into the lobby. The game keeps telling me I have no network connection. I’ve been really excited to play this game but the fact that I can’t even play for 5 minutes makes me regret even purchasing it, it’s beyond frustrating.

• delilahsupastar
    delilahsupastar Member Posts: 40
    Options

Platform - PC

Region - North America

I'm not necessarily disconnecting while I'm in a match, it's happening after I use the bloodweb. I just switched over to PTB and it is still happening.

1. I spend bloodpoints on a survivor.
    2. When I try to switch survivors or close out of the bloodweb screen in any other way I get disconnected. Sometimes I have to make my bloodweb purchases all over again.

The screenshot is of the message I get most of the time. It's been happening randomly ever since the last update but tonight it's started happening every time.

• mandaazombiee
    mandaazombiee Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    Options

Platform - PC - STEAM

Region - USA (East Coast to be exact)

Ever since I enabled the PTB i have been getting random network errors and DCing, i was kinda okay with this at first because I wasn't being penalized for it but after i had enough I left the PTB thinking maybe it was the beta... Went back to live DBD and was fine for i think about a day. Then it started getting worse and more frequent, and now puts me in time out when I DC as a penalty as if I am doing it on purpose... When it started today 8/20 I tried to uninstall and reinstall and now i am timed-out for 30mins and afraid to play again in fear of longer and longer penalties...

Edit: i will DC from lobbies and matches *

My internet is fine, i checked the connection, router and speed... disconnected and reconnected, ran a virus scan, and then restarted my computer...

• ScarletAzriel
    ScarletAzriel Member Posts: 4
    Options

Platform PS4

Region Eastern North America

Around 1pm on August 21st

This has been happening again recently same problems as before, game freezes then kicks me says "Disconnected form host" and i get a DC penalty each time. I was streaming the game (so my wifi was not the problem) and the link before is a clip of the DC

https://clips.twitch.tv/GiantDependableDaikonNotATK'

This problem has been happening to me since Mayduring the last rift and i would love if it were fixed so i can actually play the game

• icegirl75love
    icegirl75love Member Posts: 4
    Options

Xbox

Eastern standard/georgia

Around 8:30 August 21

I got dced while searching a chest and got penalized for it

• coley_219
    Options

PS4, random disconnect after hitting the repair function, around 7pm est NJ, USA

• Xevsten
    Xevsten Member Posts: 1
    Options

Platform - PC(Windows 10) - Steam

Germany

at least since 20. August 2020 until today

Since a few days, when I play survivor or killer, I get an error which says: "Disconnected from host". Then, I get my BPs and my Pip(s) and even a notification that my challenge or daily is done. But, in the main menu he shows me that i have a penalty. I tried everything now, Steam repair function, deinstall and re-install the game, even disabled crossplay to find a way to fix it. Now I have a 6 hour penalty because i tried it more than one time at the day. Now I let it in peace because I have no clues what to do. Hope that i get some help or I need to wait for the next patch.

• AnnLee
    AnnLee Member Posts: 1
    Options

My game keeps crashing too. I load in to a match and it freezes up then im blocked when i try to play again. Please fix. This is august 23 2020 come on guys it looks like this problem is happening to alot of people and you are not fixing the problem. Love this game kinda addicted to it so please got on the job and fix the problem.

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 580
    Options

PS4

Brazil,Paraná

No logs, i was on live when it happened

Already happenned several times but doesnt have any partterns other than the fact i was in chase, no lag prompt during the trial no red speedometer in the top left of the screen. Different maps and killers when happenned, already got 5 min ban if i got a longer ban i'll submit a ticket to explain whats happenning.

• hyraglion
    hyraglion Member Posts: 2
    Options

xbox one

uk

has started today from around 2pm ((gmt)) and now i am currently on a half hour matchmaking ban,, when i enter a game ((not all the time)) i may experience that the game completely freezes on me as soon as i spawn in but has only happened while playing as claudette and my game will do a total reset and i will come back to a ban,, also i was in a party lobby and had to reset the game several times because we had issues with not being able to see each other in lobby or one of us wouldn't be taken to the match lobby and left searching while the other 1/2 were in match lobby,, this also started this afternoon maybe around 3pm

• vickvems
    vickvems Member Posts: 1
    Options

Im from Brazil, had host disconnection issue all the day. It`s is very frustrating how u guys can`t resolve the connection problems. First was error 111, then 112, now host disconnect, im starting to giving up the game. 4 years and still beta, shame

Some info: play from pc with windows 10 (steam platform)

• SaVaGeGiiRL
    SaVaGeGiiRL Member Posts: 4
    Options

Same thing! It’s been 3 days in a row that’s it’s happened once daily. I start up the match and as soon as it starts it freezes and the sound gets all jittery and weird. Then I get kicked to my Xbox home. When I start up the game a have a matchmaking penalty! It’s so annoying and so far it’s once a day but rarely happened before. I don’t want my penalty to add up and be banned for a long time as I’m seeing happening to others. Also don’t want to get an Xbox ban for dcing. Happens around 10 pm to 12 am pacific time. Fix this ASAP. And also off topic, I’ve been getting stuck on the bottom of hills and at the top sometimes there’s like an invisible wall. Very disappointed!!!

• Elektro
    Elektro Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2020
    Options

Platform: steam

Brazil, Sao Paulo server

August 25, 2020

At 17:00 GMT -3

I was playing Ghost Face when suddenly the game froze for half a sec and then I got disconnected from host.

At the same I was downloading something and the Event Viewer from Windows 10 did not accuse any internet connection change; therefore, I know that the problem is not on my end.

• MegHead420
    MegHead420 Member Posts: 2
    Options

PC

UK

LOG:

RANDOMLY QUITS, SAYS I ESCAPE, AWARDED BP, PIP AND A DC PEN

• Bubblehead732
    Bubblehead732 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I was playing twice this morning once at about 9am and just now at 1040am in central time zone on an Xbox and the game randomly kicked me out both games and said I needed a network connection when my internet is fine. It also made me wait for a penalty because it thought I quit. This isn't the first time I've had issues with this. Please fix it!! Thanks!

• KapedAvenger
    KapedAvenger Member Posts: 4
    Options

PC

Canada, British Columbia

10:52-10:57

I was running towards a survivor to rescue him from the hook, but then I realized that the killer had not picked up another survivor that he had recently downed (tier 3 myers). Suddenly, my screen froze, and then I was kicked from the game with the message "disconnected from host".

Its weird because after I left the match, I was hit with a 15 minute matchmaking ban. I am afraid to play more games today, due to the possibility that I could once again be disconnected and receive a more severe ban.

• coley_219
    Options

ps4 random disconnect around 2pm in NJ, USA, solo survivor Zarina against Trapper on Shelter Woods. I finished healing Min and went to heal Steve when things froze and i was disconnected. Dwight was downed by trapper at the time too. I lost a pip and it's really frustrating because that match went well for me but now I lose all credit. There were no error codes on my PS4 and my download speed is 282.1 mbps while my upload is 10.4 and it's a hard wire connection, specifically to avoid upsetting things like this.

• TheBestBeats
    TheBestBeats Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC

US, CA

8/26/20 about 2:50

Started about a month ago, I sometimes randomly get kicked, it says I need a network connection(even though everything else works) and directly after, I can join in. No problems connecting or anything. I am not positive this is not my internet, but I am fairly certain it is not, as everything else works fine when this happens. Please fix this bug soon, it is annoying getting a 1 hour DC penalty for something out of my control.

• ZaHecc
    ZaHecc Member Posts: 4
    Options

PC

US West

This happens almost every other day at least once. Although recently, It's happened more recently. Twice today as Survivor and once earlier this morning as killer. Everything will just stop and freeze. I thought it was my internet/router needing to be restarted but I almost restart it daily due to this issue and this does nothing to fix the issue. Doesn't help that I'm actually trying to play your game and get punishment for disconnecting when it wasn't intentional...

• doyoulikescarymovies
    Options
    • PS4
    • EU
    • This has been happening for around two weeks. I usually play at night around 9pm GMT.
    • Constant random disconnects that give me a ‘You Have Been Disconnected From Host’ message. As a survivor, this counts as an escape, but I receive a DC penalty for it. I also often receive a DC penalty if the killer disconnects while I’m playing survivor and vice versa (specifically if a survivor DCs while I’m carrying them). The DC penalties are also stacking despite being over 24 hours apart. As a result of this, I now have a one day ban from playing the game for something completely out of my control.

• Aysia98
    Aysia98 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Ps4

America

Got kicked from a game. Said the killer and I both DC. Now I’m unable to play the game at all. It gives me nothing but error codes. Sometimes it says it didn’t save my game correctly. Other times it says it can’t access my player rank. Or I just get an error.

• iChxrlyy
    iChxrlyy Member Posts: 1
    Options

PS4

México

10:22am, 10:33am, 10:42am, 10:51am

This is the fourth time that I got disconect, in the first time I dodge a Ghostface, in the second just for repair a gen, in the third time just for press X in my second hook and the fourth time just for run. I hope you can fix this please because I can't play a single match without get disconnected.

• mustboop
    mustboop Member Posts: 2
    Options

Xbox One,

US West

It's happened multiple times the last two weeks when I rarely had the problem before, but it will just randomly kick me out of the game saying I need a network connection, even though the internet is working fine for other electronics. It happens mostly during matches but I've had it happen once or twice while in a lobby as well.

Usually happens between 12-6ish but that's the main time I play.

• Dacrenon
    Dacrenon Member Posts: 207
    Options

PS4

Western Canada

5 times today (1PM, 2:30PM, 4:15PM, 5:30PM, 6:20PM) I've gotten the "No Network Connection" error despite having a fairly strong internet connection.

Every time I reach Rank 4 with 2 pips, I get booted back to Rank 5.

There's no common theme to when it happens, sometimes it's when the last generator pops, once it was when a Nurse downed me (despite being on the other side of the map,) once it was the combo of Adernaline/waking out of Freddy's dream world that kicked me out.

• iChxrly2556
    iChxrly2556 Member Posts: 3
    Options

PS4

México

12:30pm, 12:35pm

It appears me that I got disconnected from host but the other players keep in the match.

• magicturtle911
    magicturtle911 Member Posts: 3
    Options

PC

North America (Near Seattle)

September 8, 4:40~

was disconnected during a match and was shown the "Match Canceled" Screen. Have a video of it.

• famyu
    famyu Member Posts: 1
    Options
    • Your platform PS4
    • Which region are you from Japan

When I got game and start, the issue often happen. It may seem it’s normal, but The match will be canceled after few minutes due to some guy disconnected. Then, error code 500 shows.

Still now, I tried some solution, reinstall application, re constructing PS4 database, checking my network condition, and so on. But still remain.

it’s very tough for me that I cannnot play .very annoying is it’s not sure I can continue to play wham the match start.

could you please help me to play this game normally.

• Logs (apply to PC only)

• Impasta
    Impasta Member Posts: 1
    Options

PLATFORM: PS4

REGION: NA ( Pacific)

DATE/TIME: 20200917 @ 1000-1100 Pacific time

ISSUE: Multiple disconnects during match loading screen. Also during a match @1045 player disconnects after being downed by killer and match ends with the message "match cancelled: A player disconnected from the match while loading."

• AK72209
    AK72209 Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2020
    Options

Xbox One

Eastern United States

Happens only when I play killer which isn’t much so I don’t have a specific date and time.

It usually happens mid match. Doesn’t matter what I’m doing, kicks me out saying no network connection even though everyone else on the same network is connected and has no problems.

• SnakeX1224
    SnakeX1224 Member Posts: 3
    Options

PC - Windows (got the game free using Game Pass)

Western US

Happens about 9 out of every 10 matches. Last night it was 7 games in a row. Someone will always randomly disconnect at the start of the match, but it's never me. If I'm killer it will be one of the survivors. If I'm a survivor, it will either be one of my team mates or the killer. People will just randomly DC right at the start of the match. This only happens on PC. I used to play on PS4 and this never happened. My brother plays on PS4 and it never happens to him and we are on the same internet network at my house, so it isn't my internet. It seems to possibly be a problem with the PC/Game Pass version??

• Tha_Mist
    Tha_Mist Member Posts: 13
    Options

Ever since the update yesterday, I've been getting disconnected from the matches. The update said that there was a fix on the bug that was causing players to disconnect when entering a match. Well, DING DONG - you made it worse. It's happening to just about everyone now. In every match I've played since yesterday, this has happened. I have several pics documenting it.

I thought it was just me at first so I deleted and redownloaded the game. It would not unlock for 3 hours after download.

Today, disconnects everywhere and it's not just PS4 users, it's PC users as well.

Not sure what's happening but this update that arrived yesterday seems to be doing the opposite. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Your platform : PS4
    • Which region: America
    • The time frame when the error occurred: 9/24 in A.M. - Present 9/25

Player ID : Tha_Mist

• SnakeX1224
    Options

Are the disconnects happening right after loading into the match? That's when my DC's are happening.

• Tha_Mist
    Tha_Mist Member Posts: 13
    Options

When It's happening to me, yes. Majority of the one's that are other people, were mid & end match, like down to 1 or 2 survivors. THAT pissed me off cause I wanted my points, I was just about to jump in the hatch and it disconnected. 🤬

• Chain11207
    Chain11207 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Also running into the disconnect issue.

PLATFORM: PC

REGION: NA (EASTERN)

DATE/TIME: 20200928 AROUND 2-3PM EST

Though this issue has been happening for about a month now.

• raquelambersantiago
    Options

This happened to me just now, TWICE> Told me there was no game we had jsut finished two gens, i was following another survivor with purple healkit and red syringe told me NO internet connection but there was then gave me new error that it could not sync to servers. This is getting old and tried of losing items to game disconnects that i have no control over.

• maadoo97
    maadoo97 Member Posts: 12
    Options

Steam

Middle east - Dubai

29\9\2020 10pm GMT +4

happens so often , since dedicated servers.

I tried every possible solution nothing worked.

I cant play the game , i get dc every 3 matches or less sometimes , every other game is running fine no disconnects

• 18leatherhoff
    18leatherhoff Member Posts: 1
    Options

Platform: PC

Region: Russia

Timeframe: around 8:40 PM (GMT+3 timezone), 1st of October

Just happened to me twice in a row. I get disconnected from host, the game tells me the killer DCd. My mate tells me that I was the one who DCd and the match is still going on. I even got my bloodpoints from that match, for escaping unbroken too. I could also see the killer build despite the match still being in progress. I was duoQ with my crossplay friend, he was on console (not sure which one).

I just played 3 minutes into a match and then I get this.

• JEVO777
    JEVO777 Member Posts: 5
    Options

PS4 Mexico City

Every day for the last few months. Happens at different intervals but usually between 5pm to 3 am.

It says I’ve gotten disconnected from the host. Worse of all is that when I’m playing killer and I’m about to hook the final survivor I get booted.

I am also unable to stream because I get disconnected every match after a few seconds of playing.

• ToXa0406
    ToXa0406 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2020
    Options

Im getting crash / random disconnects everyday

PLATFORM: PC (Xbox game pass)

REGION: Eu/East (Hungary)

DATE/TIME: 2020/10/02 18:00 but time doesnt matter, it happens all the time,.

Experencies: I downloaded the game 2 weeks ago, first day we played 6 hours straight, without any Crash/Random disconnect/ freeze problem. Next day I got every second match a disconnect/crash bug. After that, things got worse and now almost everytime i got crash/disconnect bug.. I dont know whats the problem.. but now the game is unplayable, but i love it so i would like to know the way to fix this.. Thanks for help..

PS: Crash usally happens in the first 5 sec of the game, if it doesnt happen then it happens when i start to repair a generator.. or if

even after repair it doesnt happen, then it randomly Happens in the game...

Crash report:

• SnakeX1224
    Options

yes, same exact issue I have. First 5 seconds of the game someone disconnects.

• ToXa0406
    edited October 2020
    Options
  • ToXa0406
    edited October 2020
    Options

UPDATE to my problem: I reinstalled my windows, and the game worked perfectly for 2 days! But today the things started again.. My game freeze every second match and i got the text" You disconnected from the host". Also my enthernet is very fast,, 500 mbit/sec. If anyone has idea to fix that problem, please tell me ! :)

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

Playstation 4

10:28 am/US

10/9/20

I crashed again last evening which was probably around 4 pm Us/Central time against Freddy Kruger very late in the match .

This discussion has been closed.