Gen speeds are fine

metalklok
metalklok Member Posts: 632

also didn't know otz could tunnel down the whole team.

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

The problem is they lost a gen at all early in the match...

Of course splitting is optimal and good killers can turn this around by building pressure after but the fact remains a gen popped in under a minute.

There should be a set up phase where its reasonable to not lose a gen after the first chase.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

One gen means only 2 left to ensure 2 get out with a key. It bring possible to lose any gens in under 80 seconds at the start is very bad.

• felipao_brabo
    felipao_brabo Member Posts: 169

if you balance the game towards trash killers, you're going to have killers like otz 4king every match.

What balances do you suggest? If you nerf gens because of 4 players with toolboxes and BNP in the same generator, whar would happen with solo queue or casual swfs?

• metalklok

So i post a video about gen rushing and you say its fine because he 4k but if i post a video when they gen rush and the killer doesnt 4k its because the killer is bad. Also you cant apply pressure for like the first 30 seconds till you find the survivors my problem is there should be in no way a option to finish a gen in 17 seconds.

my boy otz 4ks anyways

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I never said balance the game around trash killers. Are you saying all killers other than ohtz are trash?

My balance would be secondary objectives a long with a hard limit of how quickly a gen can be done of 45 seconds. For counter balance moris are death hook only and keys only work for the person bringing it. Thats it. All these things play into eachother so they all need to be touched.

With all that said we need to see what theyre doing to beginning of matches. Cause that might do it whatever it is.

• metalklok

at least the devs said they are looking at slowing down the start of the game, i wish they would let us know the details of that already.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

Honestly before I even watched this video I figured he would 4k. Because why would he be posting videos where he loses on youtube? Lol.

• Dead_by_Gadfly

Ohzt wrecked those kids because they got over confident and cocky. If youre not a trash killer yourself you know that. If they had split up and worked 4 seperate gens after that first one the game would have been over about 3 minutes later. Wanna bet ohtz knows that too? Lets also not ignore the fact that ohtz is a devotion rank 14. Youre telling me every killer out there needs to devote 1400 ranks to become good enough to compete with teams that can just bring 4 items and add ons? How in the holy christ do you manage to justify that in your head?

Idc that they dedicated 4 items to it. Thats stupid fast, theres nothing balanced about 17 seconds for 1 generator, just like theres nothing balanced about an ebony mori off first hooks. Both are really stupid dumb and it truly amazes me anyone would defend something thats so obviously broken.

And if we want to get real, they played this really dumb. If they had split up from the beginning and worked 4 different gens with those tool boxes and BNPs the game would have been over before he got his second down. What we wotnessed is the equuvalent of a nuke in a toddlers hands, they had no idea what they were doing.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332

Meh

Nothing new. Gen have been known to go insanely fast even with all the patches later. At least these guys have the excuse of stacking BNP. Killer very rarely stop the first 2 gen popping even with mobility though. It's nut and that's definately broken and there isn't a way to justify it.

This probably speaks more about SWF though since they're the only people who can coordinate this. Good luck convincing everyone to waste their bnps all together in the first minute of the lobby asa solo.

It's bad but it dosen't determine a killers game. Otz is a good killer and he makes it clear that gen momentum may be a thing once you start downing people it is possible to drag the game back to your favor even if it unlikely. These survivors probably would of got them all if they didn't get cocky and mess around. Especially if they split up.

Anyway.

It's irrelevant if the gens can be done that fast because the devs plan to change the start game. Since it's changing any critciism kind of a moot point. They heard us...don't know if they heard us about gens but they heard us about start game.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

So 3 BnP and your complaining? They burned 3 ultra rare addons to bang out one gen super fast. Your saying 3 ultras shouldn't be super powerful? Toolboxes already have been nerfed to oblivion. What more do you want?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited June 2020

@Dead_by_Gadfly

So let me ask you something.... What would be balanced about BNPs that warrants them being Ultra Rare?

The dude had Corrupt AND Ruin. He chose to go in a direction in which no gens were being worked on. (That's not the game's fault, it's his). Part of applying pressure is knowing how to use your perks too. When I bring Ruin, I make SURE to check generators (that is part of pressuring), especially if they have toolboxes. Why? Because it's a guaranteed auto-regression if you catch them at the moment they have a gen going.

You are giving him too much credit for what very little he had to do to apply pressure because of how badly and altruistic those survivors were playing.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited June 2020

@BigBrainMegMain

My thing is when I say "balanced", I mean it is "expected" for that specific situation.

If I know I am playing against an Iri Head Huntress, I'm going to play SUPER safe. Which is outside of my norm... but it is expected in that specific situation.

This post is acting as if this video proves anything regarding actual gen speed balance. It's like saying Huntress is broken and then I post a video of them bringing Iri Head.... when in actuality it's not Huntress that is broken, it's the add on... see what I mean?

• Dead_by_Gadfly

Alright, cool, then bringing an ultra rare mori and killing people off first hook is perfectly balanced then yeah? (Thats rhetorical, obviously it isnt).

It was the start of the match. Theres 7 generators out there he has to walk to in 17 seconds...are you REALLY saying he should have known exactly which generator they were on? Thats why he ran corrupt, to reduce that 7 down to 4. Hes playimg as the trapper, trappers put traps down at the start of the match, if he hadnt put those 2 measly traps down and been good enough to force them into them he would have lost. Luckily, as we all seem to agree, those kids played very stupidly.

And yes, im well aware of how to pressure generators, were talking about 1 generator being finished 17 seconds into the match. Thats broken AF and it truly amazes me anyone would try and justify that.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited June 2020

@Dead_by_Gadfly

I play Trapper and I never put traps at the start of the match where no gens are in site. That's his choice.

No I don't expect him to KNOW exactly where to go. What I do expect him to know is that after he...

a) Knew at least 3 of them had toolboxes.

b) Has corrupt, therefore allowing him a better tracking path to know which gens to check first.

c) Has Ruin, therefore allowing him to counter their usage of any type of gen speed add on by pressuring that gen, and easily getting his STBFL stacks. Because the survivors would have had to play pretty ballsy (which by the looks of the match they would have) in order to complete that gen.

... he would have made a different choice than to set two traps where survivors wouldn't have spawned anyway, because that is where HE spawned. If that is his style of playing trapper, great! kudos to him. He still got a 4k out of it.

I just don't agree that suggesting 3 BNPs as evidence that there is a clear "gen speed" problem serves as a receipt.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

And those survivors lost since after pushing that first gen, none of them were doing anything, meaning the first gen practically meant nothing towards the outcome of the match and the killer is able to pressure multiple survivors before the match properly begins.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

I thought we were done with the "gen speeds are fine :))))) /s" posts.

The first gen popped fast, who cares. The first 2 gens barely mean anything anyway.

• Dead_by_Gadfly

I play trapper too, the spots he put them in are good spots gens or no. And just to reiterate, those traps came into play so clearly that was the right call.

What were talking about is the fact that its even possible to do a gen in 17 seconds. That is ######### broken idc what they burned to do it or what decision he made that could have stopped it. Broken AF. We can agree to disagree cause theres nothing youre going to say to convince me thats ok.

This is a symptom of the problem. There are things those kids could have done that are much worse as i explained to the other guy.

• lilddbeast
    lilddbeast Member Posts: 5

He got the 4K either way, this doesn’t prove very much.

• Johnny_XMan

@Dead_by_Gadfly

But you completely ignore the fact that they had BNPs. That matters.

So I ask again. What should BNPs do that won't make them too OP? Because they have already been nerfed in the past.

If you don't care about what they did to complete that gen, there is your problem. Him setting traps where (again) THEY didn't spawn and he fully well knew this.... allowed them to start on a gen together and burn their BNPs. If he had made different choices he could have prevented that gen to pop, and probably even snowballed. It's not like they were that far from him.

• Dead_by_Gadfly

Im not ignoring it. Im saying its broken. Idk what they should do, but clearly 4 of them stacked on a single gen is broken. My problem is that its even possible for a gen to be completed that quickly period. Whether they had done that 17 seconds into the match or saved it for the last gen. Doesnt matter. Its broken af.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,262

This is video is 100% clickbait. all this video proves is that early game is not important for killer and most of your killer matches are won by having strong mid-game. Toolboxs and co-op generator never had any problems. Its more when you face the... more advanced teams that have good split gen pressure with non-potato looping, mix that with low tier killer and you've got yourself an uphill battle.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

So survivors blowing their load in the early game is a problem? Gen speeds are fine. That's not something that they can do consistently throughout the trial.

• PB182
    PB182 Member Posts: 80

Exactly smh. They just need something to complain about

• lereyk
    lereyk Member Posts: 17

Oh my god I agree. Gen speeds are ridiculous. Even with an ebony mori AND irihead hatchets they still got ONE WHOLE GEN done. How unbelievable is that?? And look at that stupid matchmaking!! How are you supposed to kill a red rank and almost red rank before even one gen gets done?? Killers should without addons and perks ALWAYS be able to kill all survs before they get the first gen done!!

• icareaboutstories
    icareaboutstories Member Posts: 16

By killers, do you mean killers in general or only the people that are taking issue with gen speeds?