Let's put together some of the most popular proposals... from some killers:

Vietfox
Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
1 - remove the hatch
2 - nerf ds, sc
3 - nerf looping
4 - make other killers as powerful as (or close to) the nurse.
5 - make gens to take longer to repair (or gather pieces to repair them)
6 - remove SWF
Don't you see a big flaw if all of these ideas became real?
I personally find it funny when someone asks for all this and yet makes fun of survivors by saying they want ez matches.
PS: feel free to add more of these suggestions if you think they have been proposed often.
Disclaimer: i've already said that swf needs a especial treatment and some small tweaks would be needed in the game.
Post edited by Vietfox on

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Freudentrauma said:

@Tsulan said:
    I would add a list of survivor wishes. But they have all been implemented.

Except for dedicated servers and removing the button smashing part of the struggle phase.

That are some serious issues, I just can't believe how survivors can live with them. Things like blocking the hook, free escape aka hatch, pallet looping, or ######### ton of imbalance looks like a silly issues compared to this.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Orion said:

@brokedownpalace said:
    I hope I'm on that list. You're on mine. :)

And you are...?

What's the insult here? That I'm not important enough on the dead by daylight forum to be known by you? That really cuts me deep.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@brokedownpalace said:
    What's the insult here? That I'm not important enough on the dead by daylight forum to be known by you? That really cuts me deep.

I can only give so many #########. OP commented on my profile and subscribed to me on Twitch, so their name stuck.

• brokedownpalace
    Orion said:

@brokedownpalace said:

I can only give so many #########. OP commented on my profile and subscribed to me on Twitch, so their name stuck.

Well that is a bit of a troll move by them then.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    edited August 2018

@Vietfox said:
    1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

I personally find it funny when someone asks for all this and yet makes fun of survivors by saying they want ez matches.

PS: feel free to add more of these suggestions if you think they have been proposed often.

Disclaimer: i've already said that swf needs a especial treatment and some small tweaks would be needed in the game.

1. Nope it is not popular. Neither survivors nor most of the killers want the hatch to be removed.

2. Yes DS needs a nerf regardless of what one might say. Make it either only one person can use it or completely change it. Most of the killers don't have problem with SC.

3. I feel like although most of the killers complain about this problem, none of them wait it to be nerfed or removed. The only problem I have with looping is disgusting setups like when two jungle gyms are right next to each other. If you waste my time with pallets I am okay with that but having a disgusting setup where you don't need to use a pallet until bloodlust 2 or 3 is not acceptable.

4. Believe it or not most of the killers believe that the Nurse is OP. What we want all killers to be at the level of hillbilly.

5. Every single killer wants that. Survivors can potentially finish the game within 3-4 minutes which is ridiculous. I personally think it is a legitimate complain.

6. SWF is not balanced and the game itself wasn't designed around voice coms. I can't say that I want SWF to be removed but something needs to happen. Give killers more powers when they face SWF for example.

Almost all of what you say is not what all of the killer mains want. Mostly same thing are being mentioned by the same people and I don't think you can attribute that to all the killer mains.

• Vietfox
    MrChills said:

@Vietfox said:
    1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

These requests you have stated are not from what us true killer mains have asked for.

1. We want to be able to do something with the hatch, we do not want it remove. If we could close it like before, it would be fine yet to be fair, if we are able to close it, you should be able to risk it for the biscuit and search for the key in the basement or some other chest.

2. Nerfing ds and self care is fine. be thankful self care doesn't have limited usage. the changes coming to these perks are really fair and it could be nerfed a lot harder for example, limited usage.

3. Looping doesn't need a nerf, poor map design does. The insta teleport on pallets needed to go.

4. We are not asking for op killers, we're asking for average killers, balance. Some us like playing certain killers yet it is very frustrating to do so with how things are. The trapper and hag buffs made it much enjoyable to play them. We want balance not opness.

5. Gens are done too fast even as a solo survivor I can pop one easy. honestly, adding more objectives to the game such as finding parts would make this game more dynamic and add more flavor to it. Doing the same thing a thousand times eventually become boring. How long can keep doing the same thing over and over? We ant new players to come in and keep older players entertained to stay. I for example started to become recently of the game yet with the event and new killer coming out, I am pretty hyped and excited once more!

6. We do not want SWF removed, we want the option to OPT out of SWF matchmaking.

Please do not take the complaints of bad killers( not saying you are) and use them as what all us killers want. We want healthy change. If the changes on your list did go through just as they are, then yes it would be awful yet the changes I listed above for what us killer mains want. it would not be so bad.

Changed it to "some killers", that's what i wanted to mean. Ofc i know some killers try to be fair and stuff, those just were some highlights of what i've seen and added the "if" so some others can realize that there's a point where we should stop.
  • Vietfox
    Delfador said:

@Vietfox said:
    1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

1. Nope it is not popular. Neither survivors nor most of the killers want the hatch to be removed.

2. Yes DS needs a nerf regardless of what one might say. Make it either only one person can use it or completely change it. Most of the killers don't have problem with SC.

3. I feel like although most of the killers complain about this problem, none of them wait it to be nerfed or removed. The only problem I have with looping is disgusting setups like when two jungle gyms are right next to each other. If you waste my time with pallets I am okay with that but having a disgusting setup where you don't need to use a pallet until bloodlust 2 or 3 is not acceptable.

4. Believe it or not most of the killers believe that the Nurse is OP. What we want all killers to be at the level of hillbilly.

5. Every single killer wants that. Survivors can potentially finish the game within 3-4 minutes which is ridiculous. I personally think it is a legitimate complain.

6. SWF is not balanced and the game itself wasn't designed around voice coms. I can't say that I want SWF to be removed but something needs to happen. Give killers more powers when they face SWF for example.

Almost all of what you say is not what all of the killer mains want. Mostly same thing are being mentioned by the same people and I don't think you can attribute that to all the killer mains.

Changed it to "some killers" because thats what i really meant
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018

@jiminie said:

@MrChills said:

@Vietfox said:
    1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

These requests you have stated are not from what us true killer mains have asked for.

1. We want to be able to do something with the hatch, we do not want it remove. If we could close it like before, it would be fine yet to be fair, if we are able to close it, you should be able to risk it for the biscuit and search for the key in the basement or some other chest.

2. Nerfing ds and self care is fine. be thankful self care doesn't have limited usage. the changes coming to these perks are really fair and it could be nerfed a lot harder for example, limited usage.

3. Looping doesn't need a nerf, poor map design does. The insta teleport on pallets needed to go.

4. We are not asking for op killers, we're asking for average killers, balance. Some us like playing certain killers yet it is very frustrating to do so with how things are. The trapper and hag buffs made it much enjoyable to play them. We want balance not opness.

5. Gens are done too fast even as a solo survivor I can pop one easy. honestly, adding more objectives to the game such as finding parts would make this game more dynamic and add more flavor to it. Doing the same thing a thousand times eventually become boring. How long can keep doing the same thing over and over? We ant new players to come in and keep older players entertained to stay. I for example started to become recently of the game yet with the event and new killer coming out, I am pretty hyped and excited once more!

6. We do not want SWF removed, we want the option to OPT out of SWF matchmaking.

Please do not take the complaints of bad killers( not saying you are) and use them as what all us killers want. We want healthy change. If the changes on your list did go through just as they are, then yes it would be awful yet the changes I listed above for what us killer mains want. it would not be so bad.

'Please do not take the complaints of bad killers and use them as what all us killers want?'
    The irony, isn't what you killers do with Survivors, shoving ######### in our faces ?

No one is shoving anything in your faces. Not even trying to start a fight. Keep your aggressiveness to yourself. I am all about balance and healthy gameplay. So you going to comment on that or keep say something completely unrelated to my post?

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

@Tsulan said:

I want my fast blinds back.
    I want the bug fix back where you can stun the killer at the start of the animation so you dont need to time this.
    I want the pallet vacuum back.
    Remove bloodlust.
    Exhaustion recovers while running.
    Want back the first hook generation so that they dont respawn after 300 seconds.
    Want back sabo jukes.
    So what exactly got the survivors the last 17 months? Explain (rhetorical question)

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@brokedownpalace said:

Yeah, we all know that scrubvivors main are childish, your point ?

• @Vietfox said:
    1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

I think the reason the nurse is so good is because she has the highest learning curve. This is fine with me because you have to be skilled to use her; if you make every killer like that with little skill required whats the point? Removing SWF is also dumb, they added that because people wanted it. What they should be doing is making it so you don't have to re-invite people after every game.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

@Vietfox said:
    Orion said:

@Vietfox said:

1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

* Yes, remove free escapes.
    * Yes, nerf free escapes and a perk that renders hits effectively irrelevant.
    * Yes, nerf (or remove) what used to be an exploit.
    * Yes, make Killers powerful.
    * Yes, make it so Survivors don't dictate the length of a match as much.
    * Yes, remove a feature that completely shits on the balance of the game.

So you want ez matches.

All you need to know is his portrait. Nurse main in here asking for nerfs lol.. oh the irony

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Usui said:
    All you need to know is his portrait. Nurse main in here asking for nerfs lol.. oh the irony

Not a Nurse main, by a long shot. Although I do like that she's the only Killer that Survivors actually fear, I prefer Killers that rely on traps and stealth.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited August 2018

@Usui said:

Fun, coming from someone with a Feng avatar.

Most troll and toxic survivor main take this one on this Forum (even over Claudette, go figure).

I'm jumping on conclusions, your post doesn't help too.

• brokedownpalace
    Giche said:

@brokedownpalace said:

Yeah, we all know that scrubvivors main are childish, your point ?

Ok.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@Vietfox said:
    1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

As someone who plays mostly survivor, I advocate for a lot of these changes.

1.) I don't think the hatch should be removed, but it should be tweaked. It's far too survivor-sided at the moment.

2.) I'm all for nerfing DS.

3.) Looping is too easy to do. A lot of that is because of poor map design.

4.) They don't have to be as powerful as the Nurse, but they should be stronger than they are now.

5.) I think gens get done way too fast. I don't like the idea of longer gen time, because that would be boring but I'd love other objectives.

6.) No, this shouldn't be removed. It should be tweaked because it's way too strong, but removing it could kill DBD.

• Vietfox
    edited August 2018

@Vietfox said:
    1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

As someone who plays mostly survivor, I advocate for a lot of these changes.

1.) I don't think the hatch should be removed, but it should be tweaked. It's far too survivor-sided at the moment.

2.) I'm all for nerfing DS.

3.) Looping is too easy to do. A lot of that is because of poor map design.

4.) They don't have to be as powerful as the Nurse, but they should be stronger than they are now.

5.) I think gens get done way too fast. I don't like the idea of longer gen time, because that would be boring but I'd love other objectives.

6.) No, this shouldn't be removed. It should be tweaked because it's way too strong, but removing it could kill DBD.

I've picked suggestions from different people, not saying that everyone agree with those exact points, but as you can see there's one in the first page...
    Just want people to realize that when they read these ideas separately they might agree with them, but all this together (swf was just more like "honorable mention", i know is never going to happen) would be just crazy.
  • Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

@Tsulan said:

@Akuma said:

@Tsulan said:

I want the bug fix back where you can stun the killer at the start of the animation so you dont need to time this.
    Remove bloodlust.
    Want back the first hook generation so that they dont respawn after 300 seconds.
    Want back sabo jukes.
    So what exactly got the survivors the last 17 months? Explain (rhetorical question)

Do you want to start the match with open gates too?
    Because some of the things you posted have been broken af.

You told me survivors got all the wanted. If this would be the truth this game would be like this. Killer requests were answered. since 1.5 last year^^ And the devs are still not done. They're actually balancing the game. They do what is good for BOTH sides. Not just for the killer. Of course they mainly changed things for the killer side because it was needed but saying "ehw the devs answered every survivor wish" ist not true and a bit stupid^^ They wanna increase the fun for both sides and they have a plan and sometimes you just should wait and show some patience. And a little less selfishness.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    edited August 2018
    Vietfox said:
    1 - remove the hatch
    2 - nerf ds, sc
    3 - nerf looping
    6 - remove SWF
    Ok my opinion.
    1. remove the hatch. I don't think so. If you're the last survivor it would be hard to just straight up and go do gens because it would be too easy for the killer to just check gens to find the last survivor... It wouldn't even be a challenge. Plus there could be a situation where as a teammate dc's leaving only 3 of us to do five gens and a teammate could go down and a 50/50 chance they wouldn't want to play the rest of the game and just kill themself on hook forcing you into a situation hard to get out of and pretty much making it easier for the killer.
    2. Nerf DS and SC. I agree on DS nerf, but not on SC nerf... I feel like that nerf is a little too much. Idk how killers are crying over a perk that's been in a game since day one. All I can say is just run Sloppy Butcher, Coulrophobia & Nurses Calling... 
    3. Nerf looping. Ok a big one... I don't see how you can nerf looping because come on... I mean it's a legit strategy (winks to the killer mains that say tunnelling & camping is a legit strategy.) Ok but seriously it's just poor map design on bhvr. Just take away some stuff from the loops that make them feel safe to loop.
    4. Make other killers as powerful as the Nurse. Ok there is absolutely no way any killer will be on the same level as Nurse. The 2 biggest factors on what make her so good is her mobility and she is the only killer in the game that ignores pallets which is why you can't loop her. So there's no way other killers will be up there with her just because they can't ignore pallets like her.
    5. Make gens take longer to repair or find pieces to fix them. I mean they created perks that slow down the game for killers and killers just ignore them. Thanatophobia, Dyinglight, Overcharge, Pop goes the Weasel, Huntress Lullaby & Hex: Ruin. Yes I understand how broken and dumb the totem placements are right now. They just need to get rid of totem spawns by gens, pallets, hills & out in the open and create new better spots. Plus if a survivor is running you around for 2 to 3 gens... You need to leave them and stop gens and find the weak links.
    6. Remove SWF. They will not. So people need to stop asking for that and just deal with it. 
    7. (Made my own complaint here) 
    Why does this game even have Rank? Rank in this game literally does not matter and at the end of every season... We don't even get seasonal rewards. Just a Rank reset where we have to work our butts off (not) to get back to high ranks where it takes longer to find a match and when you do... You're always going to play against a Nurse :angry:
    They should just create a Casual mode where SWF can only go and play. Rank to make it more competitive... Just make it that both sides can't use perks, add-ons or offerings. No SC. No DS. No SB. No NC. No BBQ. No MYC. Just straight skills.
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

Just Kill Ds. And nerf the broken jungle gyms/magic houses like cowshed or the haddonfield/ badham houses.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Vietfox said:
    1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

wow if these were implemented the game might actually be balanced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Vietfox
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

wow if these were implemented the game might actually be balanced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, balanced towards your skills.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Akuma said:

@Tsulan said:

@Akuma said:

@Tsulan said:

Remove bloodlust.
    Want back sabo jukes.

You told me survivors got all the wanted. If this would be the truth this game would be like this. Killer requests were answered. since 1.5 last year^^ And the devs are still not done. They're actually balancing the game. They do what is good for BOTH sides. Not just for the killer. Of course they mainly changed things for the killer side because it was needed but saying "ehw the devs answered every survivor wish" ist not true and a bit stupid^^ They wanna increase the fun for both sides and they have a plan and sometimes you just should wait and show some patience. And a little less selfishness.

The last patches looked like the game goes into the right direction. But with the upcoming changes (we probably see today) i think the devs are doing 2 steps back. But we´ll see.

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Orion said:

@Vietfox said:
    1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

1. Yes, remove free escapes.
    2. Yes, nerf free escapes and a perk that renders hits effectively irrelevant.
    3. Yes, nerf (or remove) what used to be an exploit.
    4. Yes, make Killers powerful.
    5. !!!! Yes, make it so Survivors don't dictate the length of a match as much.!!!!!! 
    6. Yes, remove a feature that completely shits on the balance of the game.
    That 5. Is bothering me the most cuz if survivors can fix 3 gens in 2 mins it is bull$hit cuz you can't do $hit in that time frame
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

yes, we know that you're really bad at survivor
    some of us however, are good

• pauloandrade22

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

1 - remove the hatch

2 - nerf ds, sc

3 - nerf looping

6 - remove SWF

Just KILL DS BS and nerf the jungle gyms/magic houses and there. Balance.

• pauloandrade22

@Tsulan said:

@Akuma said:

@Tsulan said:

@Akuma said:

@Tsulan said:

Remove bloodlust.
    Want back sabo jukes.

The last patches looked like the game goes into the right direction. But with the upcoming changes (we probably see today) i think the devs are doing 2 steps back. But we´ll see.

I hope they dont uber buff the pallets once more.

• pauloandrade22

@Runiver said:
    The usual baiting non-argument "You just want ez matches".
    No, killers just want a fair chance in a balanced match. Especially since dbd devs are turning the game into a teamgame, rather than a 1v1v1v1 vs 1 killer game that it originally used to be.

So obviously, some features making the survivor's life braindead easy have to be reworked in order to attain proper balance.
    Don't worry tho, these devs only put update once every few months, and only do "very small steps". You'll keep having your survivor mode being relatively easy on a casual level for several months/years again.

Honestly that "You just want ez matches" statement is extremely frustrating as that is not the truth but a falsehood created by others with other agendas.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Can you give a source where you created a poll where Killers gave you their most preferred change?
    Cause right now, i just believe you saw 3-5 loud-mouthed complainers and thought: "Yup, this is the majority."

• Vietfox
    Boss said:

Can you give a source where you created a poll where Killers gave you their most preferred change?
    Cause right now, i just believe you saw 3-5 loud-mouthed complainers and thought: "Yup, this is the majority."

Read the tittle
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Akuma said:

@Tsulan said:

Remove bloodlust.
    Want back sabo jukes.

You forgot infinites guaranteed and not only sometimes generated by RNG on some maps as it is now.

• pauloandrade22

@Master said:

@Akuma said:

@Tsulan said:

Remove bloodlust.
    Want back sabo jukes.

You forgot infinites guaranteed and not only sometimes generated by RNG on some maps as it is now.

COUGH "MAGIC HOUSES"COUGH.