Should Spine Chill be nerfed?

Options
1235»

Comments

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

For me playing survivor 90% of the time I think Spine Chill should not work against GF and Wraith. It takes the scaryness out of the game when you get warned and these killers are not very good so that should not happen.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

And why don't I have these problems? Even with a full SC group.

If they happen to be all Blendettes I use Autoheaven. Best map for pallet Freddy. I get destroyed by Object of Obsession more often than by some guys with SC.

It has been the same for 4 years (only buffing tier 1 and 2 to 36m because everything else is useless) and I never heard complaining.

Why does Everything need hard downsides? Many people complain of Survivors only running BT, DS, DH Unbreakable, Adre or IW. Why wanting to nerf a decent but not OP perk? Have you (or anyone else who wants a nerf) ever thought how strong stealth killers would be if they would get Myers old detection immunity? Then people would complain that stealth is OP plz nerf.

• Your_Worst_NIGHTMARE
    Your_Worst_NIGHTMARE Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2022
    Options

the rework it needs its to 6% speed bonus to every interaction, but NOT the vaulting windows action. Period. Most maps are already full of good loops to spend the killer's time in a chase. and all his effort on the chase of ONE survivor can cost 2-3 gens can end on nothing because of a 6% speed bonus on vaulting windows that could end in a hit, but avoided because of such bonus.

We have resilience that only helps when we get hurt, such bonus from spine chill shouldnt even exist for vault, specially if youre healthy. Game is 4 vs 1, how much do you need? Devs gives excuses of "it's hard to balance things". They're just lazy or Survivor-sided.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

No but it should not work on stealth killers, they are bad enough as it is.

• Your_Worst_NIGHTMARE
    Options

Did you read? seriously. First line : "...6% bonus speed to every interaction, but NOT the vaulting windows action."

Rephrasing to make it easier to understand, since it seems to be a little hard for you: the 6% bonus should NOT apply for vaulting windows, since we already have resilience, which makes sense and its consistent to be activated when you get injured.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

No.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I played many killer matches and never felt spine chill was OP, even though technically it could be.

• Your_Worst_NIGHTMARE
    Options

what a argument. two letters alone reflects how much u understand of the game. We should learn from you.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 726
    Options

I would rather Spine Chill stay the way it is; but make it useless against Undetectable Killers; so that this perk will not benefit them when the killer is under the effects. To compensate for this harsh nerf, Rework Premonition to function similar to Spine Chill; but instead of normal killers, it can straight up gives you information that the killer is coming your way, and maybe a slight haste effect too as long as the is Undetectable and is looking into your direction. (And also, remove the cooldown too)

Spine Chill: Only effective agaisnt normal killers, that do not run Tinker or any Undetectable perks.

New (Rework) Premonition: Effective reveals Stealth Killer's direction to you, and give you faster movement speed haste effect to help you get away faster.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    Options

I'm saying you brought back a thread from last year that's been dead for a long time. I never said anything about the contents of the thread.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
  • Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402
    Options

That's basically the only change I'd make, and that's simply because stealth killers in general are pretty weak.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 726
    Options

Indeed, if you want to play immersive and avoid the killer all the time, and do not want to run into any kind of killer; you could run both perk I suggest and avoid them all.

Spine Chill to avoid the regular killers; and my new Premonition perk idea to avoid killers that go stealthily, by their power and perks. Plus, they can even combo well together in chase, with not only the fast movement speed but the faster interaction speed too, like vaulting.

Of course, very good killers can fool it by simply heading your direction but not exactly face your direction; but that is just another skill level of ambushing