Did they change their mind on giving out event exclusives?

Comments

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

They will give them time they realize how hard they back peddled give it until next anniversary they'll release it for everyone watch and see.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

I had my hounds mask go missing after some update I think it was in March. I provided them my information as well as a screenshot before and when I had it go missing and they got it back for me. Did your friend have a screenshot before their mask vanished?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Okay let me rephrase myself, where did they say it would never return and would be forever exclusive? Because that was the legacy promise.

I also grinded then and due to an account hacking and me being stupid I lost my account progress and lost the cosmetics. Do I care they're being released? No, it's nice because I get the back and other people can enjoy them now too.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Legacy skins were a reward for extreme and pointless grinding, not playing the game in a slightly different way for a week or two a few years ago

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited June 2020

legacy are unique imagine if now everyone has legacy whats the purpose of using it if everyone have it? is like the old code cosmetics,(claudette, meg, david) now no one use them because everyone have them, they were so unique and proved u actually had a lot of hours in the game or that u spend lots of money on ebay to get those codes, with legacy is something similar, it should saty as it is, you dont deserve them because people had to grind a lot back in the day to get them, also even if they look good they are kinda outdated tbh, wich is more is a guaranted ebony mori 90% of cases because the killer will think they are going against 4/5k hours people. so basically you an the people asking for it seems like the children who wants to get everything because 0 reason and then not even using them and even if sdome of them use them is not the point, devs said several times U ARE NOT GETTING THEM EVER AGAIN, deal with it. i dont have it and i accept and understand why

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Dude, it is only cosmetics, if it was giving us a free DLC ok, even i was going to report this here

• RedGalaxy134
    RedGalaxy134 Member Posts: 2

If you didn't get a chance then you can't get them it's as simple as that. Your fault for not getting them

• BigBennis
    BigBennis Member Posts: 12

If Dev team now really need's to give out the event stuff atleast give us somthing. It's just sad seaing this happen and i can undestand some people are exited becuse the get to play whit it and some not that much.

I understand that the need to update there storage system and fully respect it, but why not give the people that got the iteams some sort of reward for getting it during the event. The introduciton whit charms is enough. We just wan't somthing to prove that we were there form the begining.

And the "there is no way for us to verify who earned these items legitimately" is just a weak exucuse to give them out.

Overall: Wack

• Stepbro
    Stepbro Member Posts: 2

To put it simply people who earned the cosmetics should not be at fault for the way the storage system worked and with the logic you are using legacy should then be updated for players who have played x amount of years (or however long) in game to get legacy instead. Also since we are on the this track to make everything for everyone how about you make it easier to be able to get skins since those without extra funds cannot afford such things? To add the icing on the cake, why don't you make up the hours of bugs and randomness while you were on a break since that was your fault we should be given skins for that too?

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

they will say what they aways say witch is " you had this cosmetic earlyer"

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

it would be enough if they would at least give the skins back to those who have LITERAL EVIDENCE of them posessing the skins in the past!

but nah,

that'd be too easy.

• ayaya
    ayaya Member Posts: 163
    edited June 2020

How would they know it who had it and who didn't? They aren't even able to tell who cheated their save files (prior certain date)...

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Who cares?

Hours spent in a video game are not a badge of honor, or proof of any kind of cred at anything. Nobody is looking at your legacy cosmetic with any sort of awe. No one cares to the degree that you, the cosmetic-wearer, does.

Getting upset about a cosmetic in a video game is a waste of time and energy.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So you cant see any difference in legacy and some minor event cosmetics? Poor boi.

• BigBennis
    BigBennis Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2020

Cheating in Dead by daylight is just as big of a problem today, is not that hard to hack in iteams just higher chance of getting banned so why does that matter. That we can't do anything about

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Imo bhvr could also give everyone who has the right achievement date accordingly legacy to every character since they can't verify who was prestiged. This would also be a great apology for leaving everyone wait for 3+ years and honorful THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH US FOR 4 YEARS.

• LetsPlayTogether

So you understood nothing at all. Sad thing.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327

Well if legacy is given out to everyone it essentially loses its value. Personally it doesn't even look that good, just glow effects on the default skins. Other event cosmetics being released as time goes on seems fine but legacy is definitely for the people who stuck to this game even when it was complete #########.

• skarsguts
    skarsguts Member Posts: 179

They're ugly cosmetics anyways. You guys are such babies.

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220

If they gave the whole community Legacy, odds are, I wouldn't wear 'em anyways. I haven't even prestiged a single character because idc to. I'd rather mix and match outfits from the store.

• ShrekTheThird69

I have a better idea, why not make all characters able to prestige 6 times. So for prestige 4,5,and 6 make it so every killer gets a legacy like skin.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I've got 5 pieces of Legacy myself and after seeing this tweet I feel like maybe it's time they just give it away to everyone as almost everything has lost the exclusivity: https://twitter.com/PaulieEsther1/status/1275163639482331139

It's been years and as much as I love my Legacy, I wouldn't really mind if other people had it. Plus the people that lost their Legacy would finally be able to get it back because they truly got shafted.

For the people that really wanna hold onto their exclusivity they could just treat it like the streamer cosmetics and place the originals into the Artifact rarity or something like that.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I mean they don't look anything special, even if the devs would add this, I wouldn't wear it. Way ez to be spotted by these.

• ShrekTheThird69

Although i very much appreciate getting these cosmetic items, actually fixing the game and communicating to customers more efficiently and consistently would be much better.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

We've had them for this long, that's good enough for me.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Exclusivity period has ended.

Gimme.

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    edited June 2020

You had to hook people on special hooks or do special gens, that's so hard. Suck it up buttercup. (I was there for the BBQ Event, P.S. it wasn't that hard)

If events were harder I'd wager that maybe you had a point, but no. You're just sad because it's not special anymore.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

No, you had to be here to support the game when all you could find were the same group of survivors or killers because the console population was so low.

• ShrekTheThird69
    edited June 2020

Something that will at least help a bit in the future is making event exclusive charms to go along with the event and make only the charms unobtainable in the future but give away the actual cosmetics later

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349
    edited June 2020

I don’t like it only because I earned them 2 years ago in the actual event, but they’re just cosmetics it really doesn’t matter.

• LetsPlayTogether

You too. No surprise. Always the same people being unable to understand simple matters.

• Rydog

It's just like the Hex: Ruin change? You mean it's good for the game, then? I agree!

• Rydog

"I understand that the need to update there storage system and fully respect it"

"And the 'there is no way for us to verify who earned these items legitimately' is just a weak exucuse to give them out."

Taking all positions at once, I see!

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

And that matters how? Doesn't matter how low the population was, you still had the same objective(s). Hook people on special hooks or do special gens, regardless of platform. Population density doesn't matter, the end goal was the same.

If you mean it was harder cuz there was less people on console, either way they were still grindable with the same end goals. It was still possible to do. And anyway that means this is a GOOD thing because if people couldn't grind it out on console cuz population was so low, now they get to have it.

• Cabbage

I mean it went against what a lot of players wanted. I’m not saying whether or not it was bad or good for the game.

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253

as far as i know they are giving us an event this assumption is based off a tweet from leaks by daylight on twitter who said that there will be an in game event with crowns that when you escape or kill everyone with a crown you get it as a cosmetic. others on the forums have also seen people using the crowns but apologies if im wrong we will found out tomorrow.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004

No, and thankfully they never will.

Giving away Legacy would compensate a small number of people, disservice a much larger number, and for an even larger number it would give away something a majority of players were never supposed to have.

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564

They should add legacy-like items for people who play now as well. Something you have to grind for that WONT be released for free. But NOT legacy, a different thing that's like legacy.

• Bloodpoint_Addict
    Bloodpoint_Addict Member Posts: 16

I'd love my lost legacy back but i also don't want it to just be given away and i think the devs should set a system in place to earn legacy.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I wasn't here for the event for the items we got today so I'm happy but with legacy i don't want them anyways,legacy to me is like saying i'm over here killer kill me!!!It's like wearing a beacon.

• Cabbage

No. It deserves to stay exclusive as do all of these cosmetics. I don’t have any but they should stay exclusive.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

the point was you had to be there to earn the cosmetics as the devs stated they were obtainable ONLY during the event.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

like i said in another thread like wearing a beacon