Did they change their mind on giving out event exclusives?

Options

Comments

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    Options

I was there Gandalf (for the BBQ event) and guess what? I ain't mad.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Kate and David would've stood out because they are two of my fave survivors. Huntress I look forward to seeing what mask she has on, same with Trapper, so again would've stuck out - especially if it was one I didn't see often. No one is wearing those cosmetics, atleast not on PS4. If people were actually wearing them I could understand being upset but people are just having them sit in their inventories - that doesn't seem like a very special cosmetic. 🤷‍♀️

• LazyPayday
    LazyPayday Member Posts: 420
    Options

That's exactly it man, I play on PS4 too and the player-base was tiny back then.

• Stepbro
    Stepbro Member Posts: 2
    Options

They blame it on the storage system so they should compensate for those hours at least and have a vote on whether or not this should pass not just say "you dont know whats good for you" type of crap.

• RoMainPuppy
    Options

Oh but I was one of the players, and it's not fair to me? Even though I say it's completely fair? Hm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• tea
    tea Member Posts: 140
    Options

When there's still a handful of exclusives still not available for all? Hear me out; BHVR's original logic when releasing Ultra-Rare event cosmetics (Golden Feng, Brazilian Claudette Shirt, etc.) was that they wanted to stray away from having exclusives in the game at all. This was also the reasoning on the forums as to why the Howling Ground & Summer BBQ exclusives should be given out to everyone. Why cave to these giving out these cosmetics but not all exclusives that still exist?

I also do own the Bloodletting Dwight shirt exclusive, so this isn't a thread about begging for free exclusives for all. I'm fine with some exclusives being in the game. I'm mostly curious as to the flawed reasoning BHVR has given us for releasing some cosmetics but not all. Why pick and choose? What makes that fair at all to people who earned them in the first place? With exclusives still existing, this logic has little reasoning to it.

** Rift 1 & 2 cosmetics are temporarily exclusive until they become available for cells on the Store so I'm excluding those from the topic, as well as Legacy clothes as those were meant to be exclusive from the start (as they are Artifact rarity) before introducing Bloody prestige clothes in their place.

List of all current exclusive cosmetics: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1305048187

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited June 2020
    Options

CSGO actually has a market where cosmetics have value, none of these were tradeable or anything.

The only cosmetics that had value were ones that had one-use codes that players would use to extort others out of insane amounts for them. It's only a positive thing that exclusives are gone.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

I really don't care in the end, the cosmetics do not even look that good to be honest. Same as legacy, legacy looks ugly and the only reason why people want them is because they are exclusive right now, they look a bit better but that is it.

I do fail to understand as to why this topic was even approached again, not too long ago, same idea and same response from the community. So why approach this pretty much the same way, while something similar like legacy still exists.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

again, be thankful for the little you have...other ppl have nothing. You have choices as I do...there are more ppl that do not have choices.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

1) There's nothing to negotiate. It's already done. They're not just going to undo it.

2) Haha, imagine getting upset about some cosmetics in a video game.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I'm living more than 100% than what grew up in...there are worst situations that other ppl grew up in...my perspective is, if you are at the point of complaining about a video game...be ######### thankful for your life....

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158
    Options

I understand you're upset BUT i really like that Donkey Jacket for David. So i hope that's like at least something you can take joy from lol

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited June 2020
    Options

I think you've hit the nail on the head with your subject line. That's... the idea.

EDIT: Posted before the topic merge, to a topic titled "Exclusive cosmetics are no longer exclusive if you give them to everyone."

Post edited by Rydog on
  • BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Variety?

lolwut Every David I've gone against today had that Golden Jacket.

So much for "variety."

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

I missed the Feng Min Dragon Mask. Where do i get it?

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

Out of interest, what are the thoughts of those who originally earnt those cosmetics, lost them and were unable to get them back? Would they prefer that the exclusives were widely available so they can get them back? Or would they prefer not to have them if it meant those who earnt them previously retain the exclusivity?

It appears that, if this is the main reason for the exclusives becoming available, their opinion would be the motivation. Just not sure if that's what has actually happened or not.

• RoMainPuppy
    Options

Yeah, but you've been speaking as if everybody has the same OPINION as you. So suck it up buttercup, the world doesn't revolve around you. Other people aren't as selfish lol.

• RoMainPuppy
    Options

You're literally complaining because other people can have things that they originally couldn't, because now it's not "special" anymore. Newsflash, that's selfish bruh.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

They really should have just given the cosmetics to everyone who had an account since the date of the respective events. At least those who didnt have it but earned it gets theirs and those that didnt care for them can just ignore them.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

I just went up against a Huntress who had the Hound Mask so I was kinda expecting she might be a good Huntress. Turns out the person playing on the account has less than 3 days total time played.

• RoMainPuppy
    Options

Yup. Exclusives generally only generate bad blood tbh, people always want what they can't have, the people who have it don't want others to have it and get pissy because "MUH EXCLUSIVES." Infighting happens. It's just a bad system all around.

• RoMainPuppy
    Options

So you only liked it cause you could flex, real nice. How about cosmetics are supposed to look nice and make people happy, not make others feel like they've missed out?

• RoMainPuppy
    Options

So very loyal, having to work on a slushie gen, or hook someone on a hook that hissed like a grill. Not like that's what killers and survivors have to do anyway or anything. Also yeah some people were dicks and went around sabo-ing event hook before they made em un-sabo-able in later events, some killers tried to completely cockblock survivors from doing the special gens, there was and always will be dicks on both sides. There were also a hell of a lot of equal farming and people helping each other out, which is what events are SUPPOSED to be about. Community, coming together. But nobody ever seems to mention that.

• Seegson
    Seegson Member Posts: 48
    Options

I lost all my in-game progress in 2017 when my first account was stolen and then all my event cosmetics were taken away, while i have been playing the game since first free weekends(it was nurse chapter release) and i can't be more happier to at least have my event skins back. To be fair, you and your friends know you've earned them and why would you care for anything else

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477
    Options

Yeah ... As a veteran playing since summer 2016 I feel a bit betrayed, it's not a huuge deal but the bad taste in mouth is there :(

• mentalpopcorn
    mentalpopcorn Member Posts: 181
    edited June 2020
    Options

I played the game since release and have a ton of event cosmetics. I didn't do anything to earn the cosmetics I have, but I have them. I never played attention to any events in the past but most of my characters have some ultra rare customization options.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

The community upset about people getting skins again? Doesn't surprise me, the skins were laughably easy to get.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    Options

If you think time played =! skill in DBD, you are living on a different planet.

• WindStorm
    WindStorm Member Posts: 22
    Options

We are not in tf2 guys, this is not a hat game. On console we got several outfits (red set for meg thomas, and a blue jacket without sleeves) and they got removed. In my head im saying too bad because it adds variety but anyway it doesnt matter really much. If your goal is to be the only dude who grinded 45hrs to get a pink outif to flex with it at the exit gates, maybe you are playing thr wrong game.

• SloppyKnockout
    Options

Leaving people behind is "not an option"? Explain the Legacy stance then. I and MANY others spent 2000 hours of time playing back in 2016, just to lose legacy. You're worried about leaving people behind who had to put a few hours in to get an inconsequential cosmetic, but it's a big old middle finger to those who actually had to do a meaningful amount of work and last all their legacy stuff?

Okay there, bud.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

Never did I say that. However, since you brought it up, time played may not be directly correlated to skill, but you cannot deny that some association may exist.

• SloppyKnockout
    Options

Skill has 2 ingredients - one of them is optional. Time played is one of them, common sense is another. Time played is the optional one, really.

• RoMainPuppy
    Options

What variety? The events were ######### and the cosmetics were mostly recolors. The only ones that were very different were the Huntress Mask and the Hillbilly hammer, and those pale in comparison to the cosmetics we can get today. Like, just admit you're salty cuz they're not special anymore and gtfo it.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
  • ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 432
    edited June 2020
    Options

Now everybody gets the „exclusive“ event-cosmetics and the discussion about exclusive skins and legacy starts again... 

I think these discussions show, that the community is very interested in this kind of cosmetics:

a lot of players want this outfits and player who have it, want that they stay exclusive. The only real problem is, that player who doesn’t play at a certain time, these player have no chance to get such outfits. To make sure, exclusive cosmetics ARE EXCLUSIVE if you can’t buy them with auric calls, shards or couldn’t get them for free!

In my opinion exclusive cosmetics are a very good motivation to stay playing dead by daylight and it would be nice if the devs think about that, and implement a fair way to earn such outfits!

Here is my solution for fair exclusive cosmetics:

1. give a meaning to devotion
    2. for every devotion-level you get 1 point (new currency)
    3. create a kind of legacy (maybe in green) for all characters (3 pieces per character)
    4. implement the new exclusive cosmetics in the shop, which player can only „buy“ for the new currency:

- weapon or shirt = cost 1 point

- body or pants = cost 2 points

- head killer or surv = costs 3 points

Or all cosmetic pieces have the same

price?

Important for fairness: every player get points = actual devotionlevel when new cosmetics are released.

With this idea you have a way for exclusive cosmetics in the game which everybody can earn only by playing the game independently from when they start playing DBD and at the same time it would be a nice „THANKS“ for player who play this game for so many hours... and btw, it could be the same outfits like legacy, cause for me it’s no reason to give some players a exclusive outfit only of a change of the grind and they had the luck to play dbd at a certain time and with this „new collection“ they still have the advantages to have some pieces of the legacy outfits and they could spend their points for the next characters.

I‘m very interested in your feedback.

• Cius
    Cius Member Posts: 86
    Options

still not safe, the rift cosmetics are lost just like every year nothing changes

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,629
    Options

You have written that at least 5 times now, so my question:

Which Cosmetics are lost?

Did you open a Bug Report about it?

• TrashRaccoon
    TrashRaccoon Member Posts: 5
    Options

If yall would like to view the news tab you'll see that they gave them out to everyone.

• Jimmy22666
    Jimmy22666 Member Posts: 6
    Options

As someone who ground out the first two events (playing during that time was miserable) and then took a break for a few years... It is a little disheartening to have pretty much the only exlusive thing I had now being universal.

However, as I've missed around two years of cosmetics from events and the rift since then, I'm excited that I'll be able to grab all those cosmetics again! :D

After all, it'd be totally moronic and completely arbitrary to only award the first 2 events and none of the others. As long as it's consistent, I don't mind at all.

• WelshTomz
    WelshTomz Member Posts: 27
    Options

"Admit your salty cuz they're not special anymore and gtfo it"

Obviously people are mad about sharing event cosmetics with every player in the game when they didn't earn it and they did........ that is the reason why people are complaining about this.

I swear people like you are either jealous of not getting the event cosmetics or just incapable of using their brain and realising why this makes them annoyed.

Seriously, this is how dumb u sound, its like me going on the fortnite forums and going, Hey guys I've been playing for like 3 months now and I think its unfair that I don't have the season 1 skins, now im not asking for the battlepass skins, just the free ones because that is fair, and I think this because u know, the skins were just recolors and "the events were #########"

Jealous, SJW, I can't stand these people, and so I say the same to you, stop drooling over event items and "gtfo it"

• SlingerKing
    SlingerKing Member Posts: 65
    Options

It's like I said Behavior repaid your long-term loyalty by letting you know your worth about the same as a steaming pile of s***.

• Han
    Han Member Posts: 196
    Options

It's funny, you say you don't wanna undermine that part of the community that has been there since 2016, when you clearly undermine everyone that's here since 2017 and earned these cosmetics. But I guess these people don't matter as much. What a joke.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684
    Options

" That was miiiiiiine, i was so precious and originaaaaaaal :'( "

This community is childish and garbage wow

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 219
    Options

Either you have forgotten or you didn't play the first lunar event. You had to play offerings to get the points you needed to claim the event cosmetic. The event was bugged. 8 out of 10 times you played a offering, the game would crash and you lost your offering. This was before offerings were returned when a match was cancelled. I spent an insane amount of hours playing this game and spending blood points for offerings that were pissed to the wind because like all their events, it was bugged. Was it Legacy blood web amount of grindy, if you are talking about earning one level of Legacy to earning one lunar event cosmetic, yes, they were comparable due to the game crashing and wasting your offerings. Saying you "barely had to clock anytime playing" is bull.

You had to play both killer and survivor. You couldn't earn the cosmetics just playing one side. Event hooks were sabo-able and killers would specifically 3-4 gen strat the event gens to be a douche as they almost always spawned clustered together. Those events were toxic AF! Don't try and tell me the cosmetics were basically given to me.

Their are several hardcore DBD players that P3'd nearly all their original survivors and killers and got legacy on most all of them. They had triple blood point events during this time period. How super difficult it was is drastically exaggerated. New players starting out now trying to P3 nearly 30 characters is the epitome of "grindy".

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

No, I'm only here to complain. What you gonna do about it now?