Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What do you guys use your Iridescent shards on?

VentusFury
VentusFury Member Posts: 10

More of a curiosity question for you all, I planned on holding onto them for Shrine Teachable perks honestly, but I am just curious how the rest of the community uses them? Same? those few cosmetics that are able to be gained? or perhaps you were so patient as to wait for a character.

Answers

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Cosmetics, and when a new killer releases I use them on the Shrine to get bloodpoints.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

I upgrade all my survivors to get their teachable perks. I will only ever buy perks for characters I haven’t unlocked.

Mostly I save them for cosmetics. I don’t main any original characters though, so I’m just hoarding them until a new original character comes along that I’m interested in :)

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Used to spend them on the shrine, now that I've got every teachable though, I'm saving them up.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

I usually use them on the shrine if I want a lot of BP quickly, but after I get a lot of BP I'll probably only use it on cosmetics so I can get everyone's sweater.

One down, about 20 to go.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Bloodpoints through the Shrine.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

I use them to get extra BP's in the shrine. Sometimes if I have some extra left Ill use them for cosmetics.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I use them to buy unlicensed characters and cosmetics.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I spend them on perks I don't have, saves having to unlock them, and to get extra bp if I have all that weeks perks. Once everyone is highest level I will save them for cosmetics, the game is such a grind though that the game will probably be dead by the time everyone is prestige 3-50.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Initially I used to spend them on shrine for new perks I really want to have to not spam my bloodwebs with other teachables I might have to unlock on the way. Then used to get extra shrine BP because the grind is too big. Now I got 5 survivors and 2 killers maxed out, so I occassionally spend them on shrine to get new characters to level 50 more quickly but mostly to get cosmetics and original characters

• Vixley
    Vixley Member Posts: 54

If there's a cosmetic I want then I'd use them. Otherwise, I spend them on any teachable perks I don't have (since I don't have many of the licensed DCs) and any new killers.

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241

Bp, always bp. I have everything unlocked in the first couple of days when dlc's drop, so every new dlc I spend them on bp then when things are maxed out I start saving again.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

I remember when they said Shards would be used to be able to unlock characters. So naturally, I used to save them up to buy DLC.. but now mostly everything is Licensed(or it sucks really bad), so it will NEVER be available for purchase with shards, only real money or cells.

I really don't have anything to spend them on besides BP. So i have over 10k just sitting there collecting dust.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

Cosmetics

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Most of mine have gone towards characters...used some for BP when Silent Hill came out...I keep telling myself if I get to 18000 (total cost of new original chapter) shards and then get to the point I could buy a cosmetic I'll do that, but haven't ever had that much at once.

...as you can probably imagine, I don't have many cosmetics.