The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you think hatches should be removed?

124»

Comments

• hahmraro
    hahmraro Member Posts: 96

The alternative to not having hatch is the developers having to actually think on how to improve the game. Hatch is just another bandaid fix for bad design.

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180

Till you get slapped with "brutal killer" because you didn't slug for the 4k.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Not really if 2 survivor kill themself on first hook or if one survivor dc you can have that result

• LordTohes
    LordTohes Member Posts: 143

Hatch is not a problem, the problem is the keys, there should be no keys to open the hatch

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

#########? No. What the hell the survivor supposed to do? They can't 1 v 1 the killer as the game isn't designed that way. I hate when people don't think of things that are ######### practical

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177

The game is still competitive in nature. That doesn't mean people can't play it casually, but when ranked mode is the base play mode (regardless of whether or not matchmaking is broken), it's pretty clear that the devs intend for competition to take the forefront.

Hence why I've advocated for a "quickplay" or "unranked" mode to allow more casual focused players to play without forced competitive interactions.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Bs the game isn't competitive. Maybe not for you but every online pvp game ever made is meant to be competitive.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

Why do Killer mains think they deserve a 4k and the last survivor doesn't deserve to escape?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited July 2020

I think the hatch needs a look over. It is a bit busted now, but could be balanced.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
  • Emelyne
    Emelyne Member Posts: 15

No.

• Lucent
    Lucent Member Posts: 209

You act like the hatch is the only solution. When the last gen completes or the second to last survivor dies a timer starts. Could be generous but avoids both the luck of the hatch and holding the game hostage.

• Susinagi
    Susinagi Member Posts: 21

Its not that they "Deserve" its that some games they "Need" that fourth to be able to pip The main problem is that The devs want killers to play a very specific way and punish killlers if they stray from that Very Specific way

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

u can always slug for the 4 man OR USE WHISPERS, or start playing doc or ghostface.

• Chromeskull
    Chromeskull Member Posts: 250

Huh, I didn't think of it like a love letter to classic slashers.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

Hatch shouldn't go (for use by keys that is), but the whole hatch opening for last survivor & Endgame Collapse process should. Tru3ta1ent had a good idea before where once there is only one survivor left, a timer begins automatically. During this time, the survivors position is intermittently revealed to the killer (through auras or something) & they must kill the survivor before the time runs out. If the survivor lasts long enough, the exit gates would open up & they would be able to run out if they can make it before being downed. Something similar to this would actually make getting the 4K a bit more interactive rather than having to slug & search for several minutes. Survivors also wouldn't be able to DC tech to give each other hatch. Seems fair to me for a solution.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

First of, you are wrong. Its not whenever 2 Survivors are left. I am often one of the two survivors left, and i still do gens. Thus, your statement is false. Now, arguing from a false does make it irrelevant.

Also, if the killer was OUTPERFORMING the survivors, that usually mean there is a large skill gap between both parties, and one could argue that these two parties shouldn´t be paired together in the first place.

So basicly you are ranting because while bad matchmaking give you an advantage, still someone escape? That is at least the point i am seeing.

Also, your changes are killersided. Why don´t you change it then ALSO that if the killer isn´t in a chase for 3 minutes he loses the game, because he is just sitting on the gens instead of trying to find the survivors? (no, thats not really a proposal, i just dont follow the argument that the killer has won anyway). Also, i think the 3 minutes would do next to nothing, because as survivor, you just wait for 2 and a half minute, then go tap a gen or do a totem. Next 3 minutes start.

The problem is that there is not "the survivors". There are solo survivors that play constructive, there are solo survivors that meme, and there are swf. SWF is the greater issue anyway.

You ask why killers are being punished for outplaying survivors. Why should solo survivors be punished for getting potato-allies who dc and hook suicide? Why would you punish survivors for playing the harder game mode instead of swf, where it becomes a none issue?

LAst thing, why is the 4k so important? I play killer as well (even though i am a survivor main), and for me there is seldom a difference between a 3k and a 4k (unless the one that escapes is the toxic one). I dont slug either, i just hook the 3rd and race the last for the hatch (a race i win in 70% of the cases).

And yes, you as killer might have done everything right, but i had a game yesterday where i maxed out everthing, because i rescued 4 survivors (savely), run the killer and juked him several times, and still had to do 3 gens alone, while the other 3 did exactly one. Do you really think i deserve to die in that situation, more than you as a killer deserve the 4th kill? If so, can you explain why?

• sulaiman

You know that for key escapes you usually have to do gens, right? It doesnt spawn on its on just because time passed (well, unless you are the last survivor) And if you do gens, the killer usual comes there. Hidding from the killer is a form of interaction, even if some killers and survivors don´t like that.

I rarly saw a survivor doing nothing all game and escape. And even then, whats the point? 7k bloodpoints are worth nothing.

People always bring out these extreme scenarios, where the main point is that that highly skilled killer shouldn´t have played vs the potato survivors in the first place.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,983

You literally can't camp hatch all game because it doesn't even spawn on the map until certain conditions are met (either 1 person is left, or multiple gens have been completed and a couple of people have died)

Either way, it only comes into play late in the game and there's plenty of times where I was the one who got hatch AND I did most of the work on the team.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

They should change it somehow. I mean when you play survivor and being hooked, there are [Incredibly bad word] survivors who camps hatch instead of unhooking.

• HeyAssButt
    HeyAssButt Member Posts: 35

I read this as HATCHETS and thought what kind of monster would do such a thing to Anna Montana?

• sulaiman
    edited July 2020

In most games, i get 6k+points on objectives because i do gens, 6k+ because i do unhooks and heals, and 4-5k boltness for doing totems. I just dont go mindlessly into chases.

The killer comes to the gen i work on, i hide, and he keeps either searching or goes away and i go back to the gen.

Why is doing gens not contributing?

Why is rescuing and (safely) unhooking not contributing?

Why is doing totems to avoid noed not contributing?

Why is healing others not contributing?

It would be nice if you could explain.