New Auras are fine

Hippie
Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

I actually like the new auras better than the old, because they seem more appropriate. Immersive, too. I play on High graphics and I can see them just fine, and they're not as jarring as the super brightly-colored old auras. I like to use Windows of Opportunity a lot, so I'll have to see how they look with that, but judging by the generator aura I'm sure they'll be fine as well.

I think people will be fine with the new auras once they get used to them (and quit complaining about them, just enjoy the game).

EDIT: I'm all for brightening the auras and adding colorblind options, of course. Hopefully they'll do something about that soon. I personally just enjoy the look of the new auras!

Another EDIT: I am NOT a Survivor main, and am actually a red-rank-on-both-sides gamer. I was giving my initial impressions based on the first couple of games I played after the patch. I played Killer afterwards, and I still personally prefer them--however, I do agree that they could be a little brighter, and the devs even stated they are working on them.

Post edited by Hippie on

Comments

• Hippie

I actually consider Kindred meta for Survivors, helps my teammates avoid camping Killers and actually cooperate to take me off the hook. And I personally don't use aura-reading perks even as a red-rank Killer, so I don't think that will be a problem. I will check it out on Killer side tonight, though!

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239

not sure if trolling or incredibly lucky.

the only times i use kindred is to avoid teammates who are actively handing the killer free hooks.

if im on the hook and the killer is nearby that doesnt stop potatoes coming into try farm some free points from me even when they can literally see the killer because of kindred.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,583

NO!!!!!! If you plkayed it, its like auras like in greece! #########!

• Hippie

I was saying it more towards the people who are just endlessly flaming the new auras without reason. I just wonder how people who complain here all the time actually enjoy the game...

No offense to console users, low-end PC gamers or colorblind individuals of course. I'm all for brightening the auras and adding colorblind options!

• Hippie

It might have to do with rank, I'm in red-rank and I use Kindred nearly every game with good results!

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

They need to either change the gen aura color or the survivor aura color, it is extremely hard now, if not out right impossible to tell if a survivor is on a gen with aura reading now, these is even more frustrating with perks like OoO (which shouldn't even exist tbh.)

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 97

I absolutely hate the new change. I always run bbq on my killers and kindred on survivors and I cannot see anything. Its so much time wasted just to look for the aura and barely seeing it. Im not enjoying this new change at all. Im playing on console. They should change the name of the aura reading to xray instead of aura. It really isnt aura at all.

I really hope that they bring the old auras back. Why "fix "something that was working well? and in the end they didnt fix it. They just made it so much worse.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Auras are bad on Ormond, as per usual.

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Agree to disagree.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Killers wondering where the totem spawned will be interrupted by the totem being busted. Shadow Nerf.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

they are auras. they are supposed to be easy to see.

now, unless you play on a beast PC, you can't see #########.

This is terrible game design.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

The look and outline is cool, but specially the red ones are way too dark, as you pointed out in your edit.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275

They are fine for survivor. But for killers it's awful. BBQ is almost useless right now and everything is hard to see (survivors, hooks, gens, exit gates...). Another problem for killers after countless nerfs

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

The new aura's are not my cup of tea in practice. Seeing a survivor in the distance or a totem I'm not on top of is a pain. I haven't even tried it with killer yet, but I just know it's going to be worse.

Stylistically I don't mind the auras. Reminds me of something from an 80's movie, like Terminator or Predator. I just think they need to make them more pronounced.

Plus, other than having to wear glasses, my eyesight is fine. I don't have an issue with detecting certain colors. So I feel for people who do.

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183

No. No they aren’t. I don’t know which color blind ppl Have hurt you in the past, but it wasn’t me. These are not even remotely acceptable and need to be reverted to what they were like yesterday.

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309

I personally don't like this new look either.

To the characters, it looks like retro-futuristic holograms. It's pretty, but it's not the vibe of DBD at all.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Yeah, the point is that all killers aura readings (perk, addon, power) are almost useless. This cant be...

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

this nerf to killer or something?

• hanibel
    hanibel Member Posts: 164

Nah the auras are very bad

• yakul1nausicaa
    yakul1nausicaa Member Posts: 128

I play on console, earlier i had a match on ormond, i could barely see survivors with bbq and chili.

• Seiji212

Saw what they were doing with Franklin’s and was all ‘Sweet, now I can keep track of dropped keys and stuff’. The punchline to that joke hit me hard today. It’s bad enough that frame rates on the Xbox are now more horrendous, even when the game lets me see anything, auras aren’t on the list. This feels like several steps backwards, especially for console.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

better question; why were they changed?

• Seiji212
    edited July 2020

Someone up top clearly has a major hate-on for red green color blind people, this is just one of three or so features that specifically screw them. I don’t know what sparked the conspiracy but I swear it’s there. Maybe they‘lol give us a band aid perk like bloodhound but for auras idk.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

See, the new tome features Ace, and Ace likes to gamble. He is said to have a lucky aura.

Because of that, bringing aura perks is now a gamble.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

The new auras are not killer-friendly and headache-inducing after a few matches. You made them hollow and almost impossible to see anything as killer. It's like the original aura on Ormond Resort where no one could tell where the gens and totems were. It's the same feeling all over again.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

well i don't like this update that for sure.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

This was a terrible change for killer. Haven't run survivor yet. I can't even find hooks lol.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Aura reading perks are absolutely meta, they just aren't the lazy option.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I can see the cracks in the ground from EGC better than the aura of a downed teammate. I used Aftercare and Alert, and map-wide auras are trash.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

They're awful for survivor. I was running Kindred and could barely make out the auras of everyone.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

It's honestly a nerf to both sides. But yeah, killers got it worse from this move.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

So they even nerfed auras? Insane! It's so hard to see anything now, just pointless using aura perks after this.

Next nerf will probably be sound. Less sound makes it harder too, and I guess that is what they are after with this.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

I like the style of the new auras. I can agree it looks les gamey and more immersive. However they are way harder to see i more situations, they also are worse to see for peope with vision issues. I think they have a good thing going with the style but they should make them easier to see IMO.