Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

killers need to be able to opt out of SWF

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Mycroft said:
    So basically 4 vs 1. The 4 get all the benefits, the 1 gets nothing. The 1 should just deal with it and get better. Basic math be damned 4 is equal to 1.

OK.

Isn't the sum of 4 greater than 1 or did my math suddenly fail me? Also just stop with the histrionics about the 1 getting nothing. The killers have been getting buffs and qol changes the last several patches and the survivors have gotten some nerfs.

But to you and some others on here it's bug fixes etc or didn't go far enough, it doesn't matter it's an improvement/buff. They could completely balance the game the way it should be yet the small vocal minority on here would still complain.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Just play nurse is all i can say ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Bravo0413 said:
    SenzuDuck said:

Absolutely not - make it so 4-Man SWFs are forced to play against their lowest rank, not a survivor issue. People want to play with their friends regardless of rank.

Here's master saying he deranks

Here's HellDescent saying he deranks

did.... did these survivors ask for this? Do... do you think they like being curb stomped because a killer can't handle the rank he's got too so cheats and intentionally loses matches so he can play against newer survivors.

The difference is - you can see your survivors, you can check their hours (providing they're public) and dodge. A survivor has no chance in hell to see how experienced their killer is.

Both sides get ranked against other ranks just as poorly, again - lets not pretend this is only a survivor thing as you like to do so often.

Another example of you being biased..... brand new killer too the game gets smashed by rank 1s...... senzuduck "get better"  noob survivors who will get wrecked by a noob killer anyways because they dont know what safe pallet is.... senzuduck "did they ask for this"  .. this op is making a suggestion that would help newer players play killer more. If they actually went up against players their skill level maybe they would have a better experience playing killer and maybe more people would play killer... I mean in the red ranks that lobby simulator is certainly enjoyable for survivors I wonder why that is? 

I'm actually trying to figure out what you've just said to me because none of it makes sense.

Where in my post do I try and justify high ranked survivors playing against low ranked killers?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Mycroft said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mycroft said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mycroft said:
    It's amazing the dynamic of this game and the dissonance of the people who play it. A lone survivor can say "This isn't fun." and BHVR's crack team sends everyone out McLean,
    Horvath all of them break their necks to analyze a way to make that survivor happy.

A killer says the same and you get a mass response yes, of people who crawl out of the woodwork to convince you the legitimate fundamental unfairness inherent in this game does not exist. I mean you heard it here, folks "Solo survivors will be brought up to the levels of SWF survivors then killers will be buffed" apparently that's BHVR speak for saying at that point killers will have to get stronger to deal with that confluence of crap there will be no choice. All of this is TBA. Which is what we've been told now for months on end.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_edXbh-_mEw

Lets list some things you'll ignore and pretend never happened

Pallets - A lot of these were removed, especially the loops where you'd have two pallets around the same obstacle. (I've seen a rare bug of two of them spawn recently though)

Exhaustion - Can no longer reasonably double proc an exhaustion perk. While Sprint Burst was the issue, they also nerfed things like balanced landing & dead hard (lol, the most easily baitable exhaustion perk ever)

Insta Flashlights - These are removed, sure a well timed survivor can still get you but there are perks to counter this and simply standing on top of a downed survivor can bait out any willing flashlighter.

BNPS - (In all honesty I hate these things and are glad they've been nerfed to kingdom come) The other addon every killer likes to moan about, now it takes the equivalent of 4 of these in a match to do the same damage as one used too

Pickup - Killer pickup speed increased, also making it more difficult to flashlight blind.

Vault + Pallet Speeds - These were changed within the last 6 months, they were made faster for every killer.

Generator Regression - Gens used to be locked to only regressing 20% after being kicked, they can now regress to 0%

and lastly - literally every killer is being buffed, addons changed speeds increased.

BUT OF COURSE THE DEVS ARE SO SCARED OF MAKING THE GAME HARDER FOR SURVIVORS RIGHT?!

What was the last buff survivors got? Oh yea - they fixed the bug where survivor were being hit through dropped pallets, thanks BHVR!

Let's list things that they've changed with trepidation then gone right back the next patch and almost nullified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox-ya48hUNQ

Sorry but nothing on planet earth can get me to watch a TydeTime video.

"Pallet Buff" - You mean the pallet fix?
    "Bloodlust nerf" - You mean where they got rid of BL3 (If you were using BL3 regularly you're a very bad player)

I also forgot - a long with these HUGE bl nerfs they also changed some of the biggest problem areas for survivor to loop around.

But hey - instead of disputing my comments lets paste a [BAD WORD] tyde time video, LOL

Exactly, so why even bother discussing it? Have a good night, or day.

I actually started watching it! Had to stop though when he said he thinks killers melting through pallets felt better that way.

I actually can't with that guy - he's so funny.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

yup cus most of SWF use teamspeak and so on

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@powerbats said:

So an incentive for killers to earn more bp against swf scared the devs off how again? I mean that's some really convoluted logic there since adding my bp to killers in no way limits swf. In your non stop attempts to bash the devs and swf you keep coming up with completely illogical and bad arguments.

Simple fact, giving killers more bp to face swf in no way, shape or form limits swf.

So why it's not already added to the game ?

This simple feature was talked about since SWF release, but nothing was done.

Nor incentive, nor trying to nerf it, nothing.

It's like some peoples think that the killers don't deserve anything and should deal with every unfair and cheesy things with a smile lul.

• powerbats

@meshugganah said:
    HellDescent said:

@Grey87 not when you are constantly swarmed by all 3 survivors with insta-heals.

...and communicating.

Yes because every group of 3 survivors rushing the hook has isnta heals. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• powerbats

@Giche said:

@powerbats said:

So an incentive for killers to earn more bp against swf scared the devs off how again? I mean that's some really convoluted logic there since adding my bp to killers in no way limits swf. In your non stop attempts to bash the devs and swf you keep coming up with completely illogical and bad arguments.

Simple fact, giving killers more bp to face swf in no way, shape or form limits swf.

So why it's not already added to the game ?

This simple feature was talked about since SWF release, but nothing was done.

Nor incentive, nor trying to nerf it, nothing.

It's like some peoples think that the killers don't deserve anything and should deal with every unfair and cheesy things with a smile lul.

Oh I agree with adding more bp's and only reason I can think of not giving out hopards of it is because of inflationary issues. Think of it this way, there's quite a few killers that already have everything and I mean everything. By giving them more bp to blow on nothing but blowing it just to blow it is a waste.

The established killers with everything p3 and all perks unlocked don't really care about extra bp at that point. Oh sure hey'll love it for when a new killer/survivor comes out. They'll get sated for abit then it's back to ho hum, what to spend these on.

You'd have to have a scaling system then at that point where they could turn in some extra bp to shards. So for every say 1 mil bp they have they can exchange it for x shards with a multiplier % based upon how many games they did versus swf.

You could also do something like that or in conjunction with that idea of some type where the higher the group size the higher the multiplier up to y.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mycroft said:
    It's amazing the dynamic of this game and the dissonance of the people who play it. A lone survivor can say "This isn't fun." and BHVR's crack team sends everyone out McLean,
    Horvath all of them break their necks to analyze a way to make that survivor happy.

A killer says the same and you get a mass response yes, of people who crawl out of the woodwork to convince you the legitimate fundamental unfairness inherent in this game does not exist. I mean you heard it here, folks "Solo survivors will be brought up to the levels of SWF survivors then killers will be buffed" apparently that's BHVR speak for saying at that point killers will have to get stronger to deal with that confluence of crap there will be no choice. All of this is TBA. Which is what we've been told now for months on end.

Pallets - A lot of these were removed, especially the loops where you'd have two pallets around the same obstacle. (I've seen a rare bug of two of them spawn recently though)

Exhaustion - Can no longer reasonably double proc an exhaustion perk. While Sprint Burst was the issue, they also nerfed things like balanced landing & dead hard (lol, the most easily baitable exhaustion perk ever)

Insta Flashlights - These are removed, sure a well timed survivor can still get you but there are perks to counter this and simply standing on top of a downed survivor can bait out any willing flashlighter.

BNPS - (In all honesty I hate these things and are glad they've been nerfed to kingdom come) The other addon every killer likes to moan about, now it takes the equivalent of 4 of these in a match to do the same damage as one used too

Pickup - Killer pickup speed increased, also making it more difficult to flashlight blind.

Vault + Pallet Speeds - These were changed within the last 6 months, they were made faster for every killer.

Generator Regression - Gens used to be locked to only regressing 20% after being kicked, they can now regress to 0%

and lastly - literally every killer is being buffed, addons changed speeds increased.

BUT OF COURSE THE DEVS ARE SO SCARED OF MAKING THE GAME HARDER FOR SURVIVORS RIGHT?!

What was the last buff survivors got? Oh yea - they fixed the bug where survivor were being hit through dropped pallets, thanks BHVR!

Shh don't remind them about the last 7 patches of survivor nerfs.. they will not listen !!

• Usui

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mycroft said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mycroft said:

Let's list things that they've changed with trepidation then gone right back the next patch and almost nullified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox-ya48hUNQ

Sorry but nothing on planet earth can get me to watch a TydeTime video.

"Pallet Buff" - You mean the pallet fix?
    "Bloodlust nerf" - You mean where they got rid of BL3 (If you were using BL3 regularly you're a very bad player)

I also forgot - a long with these HUGE bl nerfs they also changed some of the biggest problem areas for survivor to loop around.

But hey - instead of disputing my comments lets paste a [BAD WORD] tyde time video, LOL

You mean you haven't caught on to him yet? All he does is post videos of overrated streamer killer mains to try and prove his biased "points"

• Usui

@Mycroft said:

@Usui said:
    lol i've seen this same post at least 3 times this month.. its not gonna happen stop asking

Good. then this game can stay where it is. Stagnating at the bottom of everything with it's primary appeal the lowest common denominator of gamers. The ones who need their hands held at every turn and only look marginally decent cause this game is the equivalent of grading everyone on a curve in a class where the highest grade is a D minus.

Yet here you are day after day complaining about it. lol

• Kurisu
    Kurisu Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2018

Uhh no.

SWF work because survs are op. A lone survivor can win a game for himself because the killer needs a lot of buffs. It's not a swf problem rather the killer lacking the power of owning and dominating the match.

• powerbats

@Mycroft said:
    Cheat With Friends...

So much fun for killers we have to bribe you to play it.

Ranks right up there with jury duty, spiking women's drinks, prostate exams and Catholic church.

Yep gotta keep using that excuse when stats say that's not always the case, but don't let facts get in your way.

4 strangers = 30%
    2 friends + 2 strangers = 34.1%

2 friends + 2 friends = 9.5%
    3 friends + 1 stranger = 17.9%
    4 friends = 8.5%

So just in case that's 30% of the time there isn't a mic in use and 64.1% of the time there might be 2 mics in use. Since not every swf group uses mics as has beens tated by some but hey those pesky facts again.

• powerbats

@meshugganah said:

no but it makes enduring far less a rage fest.

While true it doesn't make the original statement any less false which of course the poster already knew.

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

I agree, killer players should have a way to opt out of SWF, even if it means queue times being longer.
    Problem is though, there are so many people playing SWF, and if the majority of the killer players opt out, guess what happens, the game will slowly die, because people can't play with their friends in normal matches only, and gradually people will stop playing the game because they get tired of not being able to get matches.

• Incarnate
    edited September 2018

@Peanits said:

@Mycroft said:

@Peanits said:
    I'll play Devil's Advocate.

Who's going to opt to play against well coordinated survivors? I'm willing to bet not many.
    What's that going to do to SWF queue times? It'll make it go through the roof. Remember the beta? That'll just happen again. People will just dodge lobbies until they get in the lobby with their friends, driving up queue times for everyone in the process. And then when you do end up against a group, you won't even know, and people will still complain and accuse them of being a group.

Well then, I suggest the fundamental advantage that SWF provides be fixed. The way the discussion goes whenever the topic is even mentioned is the issue. It's like asking someone if they'd rather go to a bar and fight vs 4 dudes in an alley or just one.

People keep blatantly missing the obvious 9000 pound elephant staring them in the face. It's unfair. In a game already titled against them these teams get even more advantage handed to them.

No one wants that. No one wants to participate in an already frustrating experience having the cherry on top of it being viewed as ok. It's not ok. We knew it wasn't ok when it was implemented. If you don't wan't people to opt out of it, dodge it, completely leave the game altogether then make it better.

All I see people do is tell killers to get over it.

That's the much more reasonable way to look at it, and it also happens to be what the plan is. Solo survivors would be brought up to the same level as SWF (in terms of communication, giving them tools like kindred as a baseline to help co-ordinate saves, for example), and then buffing killers up to compensate. That way you level the playing field and can buff killers without leaving solo survivors in the dust.

That doesn't bring other survivors up to the same level, not even close, and furthermore, those survivors actually have to spend perk slots to be able to have that. The only thing that would bring the up to a more comparable level would be if they had access to voiced commands, more gestures, etc. But this is still not enough to be even close, because VoIP offers so much more and gives a much better edge than those voiced commands, gestures, etc. ever could. But still, that is the next best thing. But it still doesn't fix the real issue with a fully coordinated SWF group.

Maybe they should consider changing some of the mechancs when its a FULL or mixed, those in the SWF they get some kind of game mechanical disadvantage, which would make them think twice about if they want to play SWF. Because you can't very easily compensate the killer without disrupting the balance, especially if it's a mixed group and not a full SWF group.

Also, I think the survivors should have more options to communicate with each other, like voiced commands, more gestures, etc. It's laughable that there is currently only those two gestures in the game, considering it is team based game. Plus I think it would add more depth to the game, even if it might give their location away. Because at least then, the survivors has the option to my directly communicate but at the cost of revealing their location.

//Edit - Fixed a few typos.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited September 2018

@Peanits said:
    I'll play Devil's Advocate.

Who's going to opt to play against well coordinated survivors? I'm willing to bet not many.
    What's that going to do to SWF queue times? It'll make it go through the roof. Remember the beta? That'll just happen again. People will just dodge lobbies until they get in the lobby with their friends, driving up queue times for everyone in the process. And then when you do end up against a group, you won't even know, and people will still complain and accuse them of being a group.

This imo is the wrong way to fix the problem, I agree they cant seperate SWF as no one would play against them or very little.

Killer is fine against solo
    Solo players are playing as intended
    SWF breaks the game which is causing the problem

So what is happening? the devs are fixing killers and solo players, instead of simply fixing SWF!

I am a solo player and to be honest the direction the devs are taking the game is making it stupidly easy, all the notifications and aura perks take away the fun of the game.

Dont need to hunt as a killer anymore, lets equip these aura perks and I will see where they are, no need to play the game as I have so many one hit down options, no need to be aware of what perks the killer has as there is a notification letting me know, everything about the game is being changed and not for the better for those who liked having to think and mindgame.

They are constantly dumbing down the game and all because of SWF, why not hinder them instead, I was never in favour of that but since the game is now being changed so you dont have to think whatsoever its time to solve the problem not everything around it.

One of the most recent ######### moments for me was in the last dev stream, does McClean really think having Freddy see every survivor once he puts one to sleep a good idea? that is mind blowingly off the mark, how can anyone think that punishing a player for another one being caught is a good idea, this makes me think they are so out of touch, if this happens I will DC when I play against Freddy, right now I have only DC'd around four times in a few hundred hours due to laggy killers but I refuse to play against a mechanic which punishes myself for some random player being caught.

Simple fixes, if you join via SWF you cannot stack items or offerings, no more flashlights/toolboxes or map offerings being over used to try and dictate the play.

4 man SWF - sa above but you also cannot use perks that enhance speeds, no self care allowed and No DS, 6 gens need done to power the gates..
    3 man SWF - you start as a 3 man and the game is normal but only one DS allowed.
    2 man SWF can only join with 2 random survivors and as it is now.

This way the game is being balanced around how it was meant to be played and they can then stop trying to hold us by the hand taking us to where we need to go, make this game the hunt, hide, run, evade, kill game it should be.

• Incarnate

@Mycroft said:
    That's the 9000 pound elephant in the room. SWF is so broken apparently it even kills solo survs.

Hence why I said, that perhaps the way to go about this is to give game mechanical disadvantages for being in SWFs based on how many is in the group. But at the same time also implement ways for non-swf groups to communicate with each other, like through voiced commands, emotes/gestures and that sort of thing. The idea to implement perks that help with seeing teammates and such to help balance it for the non-swfs, doesn't even remotely help, furthermore, that is really just a bandaid solution, which actually requires perk slots wasted just to get this.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    SenzuDuck said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    SenzuDuck said:

Absolutely not - make it so 4-Man SWFs are forced to play against their lowest rank, not a survivor issue. People want to play with their friends regardless of rank.

Here's master saying he deranks

Here's HellDescent saying he deranks

did.... did these survivors ask for this? Do... do you think they like being curb stomped because a killer can't handle the rank he's got too so cheats and intentionally loses matches so he can play against newer survivors.

The difference is - you can see your survivors, you can check their hours (providing they're public) and dodge. A survivor has no chance in hell to see how experienced their killer is.

Both sides get ranked against other ranks just as poorly, again - lets not pretend this is only a survivor thing as you like to do so often.

Another example of you being biased..... brand new killer too the game gets smashed by rank 1s...... senzuduck "get better"  noob survivors who will get wrecked by a noob killer anyways because they dont know what safe pallet is.... senzuduck "did they ask for this"  .. this op is making a suggestion that would help newer players play killer more. If they actually went up against players their skill level maybe they would have a better experience playing killer and maybe more people would play killer... I mean in the red ranks that lobby simulator is certainly enjoyable for survivors I wonder why that is? 

I'm actually trying to figure out what you've just said to me because none of it makes sense.

Where in my post do I try and justify high ranked survivors playing against low ranked killers?

You justify it by stating "get better"... and in reality it only ruins the game experience for the player.... it's a 4v1 game where the 1 "power role" is still underpowered... no killer wants braindead wins and 4ks every game.. it would be extremely boring if it got to the point.. what we is the ability to have a say in every situation depending upon our skill (like with nurse) and if you're chasing someone at killer shack and they know how loop it the killer doesn't have a say they can do nothing but follow and before you say "leave that loop" what's the point of leaving a safe loop before you break the pallet?
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Mycroft said:

Thats actually 9 months ago now.
    Nothing, and I mean LITERALLY NOTHING, has been done to improve SWF balance

• TheCamper
    TheCamper Member Posts: 15

@SenzuDuck said:

@HellDescent said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@HellDescent said:

@gamerx42z said:
    So I've been playing on and off for a few months started playing more when it became a plus game. The one thing that's really been bugging me is I often will get matched up with rank 2 SWF groups when I'm a rank 15 killer. Seriously it's happened twice in an hour at this point.

The matchmaking is very unbalanced when SWF comes up and they should not be facing killers in the newbie ranks, I'd really like to see an option to opt out of SWF completely. Give killers who opt into SWF double bp or some other incentive maybe.

I'm sick of swf. I came up with temporary solution for myself, to blow off some steam. Its in the description. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHa6EL3Ls0
    This has been addressed so many times but devs refuse to do make it happen.

Intentionally playing against new survivors so you can then bully - very admirable of yourself.
    Absolute embarrassment, i've seen three killer mains talk about intentionally deranking now, and they're all incredibly vocal about balance. I'd love to speak to the newer players you intend to bully and see if they thinks it's fair and balanced they'll have to play against people who know all the mechanics of the game.

I am talking about toxic swf squads, not the people who play the game the way its intended to.

Right, and do you just assume everyone is a 4 man squad then?
    Lets not pretend you're going to play "fair" you'll just assume everyone is SWF and play the best you can regardless.

New players don't want to go against "experienced" killers that are "going easy" on them - they want to play and learn.

at this points according to most killers on this forum just doing gens is toxic, it's hilarious.
    Get. Better. At. The. Game.

Lol according to most killers? Way to make a statement ey?

Tell that to seasoned streamers that main killer. Tell them they need to get better lol.
    There is a skill cap on killers. Regardless of how good you are. If a map is not balanced for example. No amount of skill is going to overcome that.

Skilled survivors vs skilled killers. I can easily put down a list of killer main streamers. That you can see struggle to win. If they are so seasoned you had expect them to wipe the floor with survivors especially SWF games. Yet they struggle. You are talking about 3k to 4k hour streamers struggling with SWF.

One simple reason. Comms. The game does not have comms for a reason. As a survivor you are meant to be disadvantaged by the lack of comms. SWF negates that whole concept and gives an unfair advantage. Any other argument is obsolete. If random rank 1 survivors can give a hard time...let alone mention swf rank 1s.....

• Master

@SenzuDuck said:

@Mycroft said:

None of the changes you mentioned adresses the balance issue between solo players and SWF players

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Master said:

@Mycroft said:

And then as soon as you mention coms survivor mains start raging and tell you to git gut.

• Master

@HellDescent said:

@Master said:

@Mycroft said:

And then as soon as you mention coms survivor mains start raging and tell you to git gut.

If you dodge them before the game starts, they cant tell you to git gut :wink:

• kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2018
    This is how we introduce people into the game. We lose often because of that. I can see the frustration with high tier teams for killers but without a healthy killer population, that opt out would make very difficult, we would never get people to play much less play solo and that kills the game’s growth.

But matching is definitely an issue on both sides. 
  • HellDescent

@Master said:

@HellDescent said:

@Master said:

@Mycroft said:

True except I never dodge lobbys.. There's no way of telling if it's swf until the game begins. If there was I definitely would.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Mycroft said:

The official these song of Cheat With Friends

You always keep complaining about the game, devs, even saying you are done with this game sometimes... I wonder why you keep coming and releasing your daily dose of rant and hatred.
    Go see a doctor or something mate, or just grow up.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

It is part of the game. Just deal with it or play something else. Why is everything on here a cry fest! Grow up! I'm starting think i'm playing against 12 year olds.

• Master

@HellDescent said:

@Master said:

@HellDescent said:

@Master said:

@Mycroft said:

True except I never dodge lobbys.. There's no way of telling if it's swf until the game begins. If there was I definitely would.

Joining at the same time = 90% chance a SWF

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

Killer acting all innocent and betrayed lol. First 3 months the killers absolutely stomped new players by exploiting the dodging of lobbies. And I know because I used it to get rank 1 on my killer to get the achievement because of timeschedule of work so dont go denying it.

• HellDescent

@Master said:

@HellDescent said:

@Master said:

@HellDescent said:

@Master said:

@Mycroft said:

Joining at the same time = 90% chance a SWF

It does not.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157
    We just need a new game mode where you can kwf 2 killers vs 8 survivors 10 gens :) very fun idea.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

@gamerx42z said:
    So I've been playing on and off for a few months started playing more when it became a plus game. The one thing that's really been bugging me is I often will get matched up with rank 2 SWF groups when I'm a rank 15 killer. Seriously it's happened twice in an hour at this point.

The matchmaking is very unbalanced when SWF comes up and they should not be facing killers in the newbie ranks, I'd really like to see an option to opt out of SWF completely. Give killers who opt into SWF double bp or some other incentive maybe.

I get the frustration that some people feel when it comes to SWF, but I think having a button to click that filters out SWF would actually cause more harm to the game then good. For one thing, if you just can't handle the frustration of a SWF team then you can always dodge the lobby if 4 survivors appear at the same time.

The problem with making it so killers can opt out of SWF is that you will split the population of players making the lobby wait times intolerable. If you are a killer opting out then your lobbies will take ridiculous amounts of time to fill and likewise, SWF teams would take ridiculous amounts of time to find killers.

My personal recommendation is to learn how to take advantage of SWF team's weaknesses. SWF is very predictable. Use it to your advantage.

• Incarnate

I think the issue with SWF should be dealt with, problem is that it will split the playerbase, which will affect queue times tremendously for the worse, if the option to opt out of SWF matches is implemented.
    Instead I think they should seek to fix the unfairness and unbalance it creates, by first implementing more communicative options for non-swf groups so that it is more even. Then they should penalize the swf groups game mechanically based on how many they are, to even out the unfairness and advantage they have. Because the devs can't take the edge from them that comes from being in an swf, and they can't buff the killer either UNLESS it's a FULL SWF group, however, it would be much better to impose game mechanical disadvantages as it works regardsless of group combination (mixed sfw and non-swf groups).

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Vietfox
    @fcc2014

Yeah we know, we know...

• Vietfox
    edited September 2018
    Giche said:

@Vietfox
    @fcc2014

Yeah we know, we know...

Come on, go and look for a single comment of mine complaining about noed. If you do, i'll change my name to Rektfox xD
    Also, i might have said that camping for the only reason to secure the kill and stuff are cheap tactics but that's it. Never asked for them to be punished or reportable.
    Anyway, glad you thought about me, that gif made me laugh xD
    Edit: i even said noed was fine. And, as far as i know, never called any perk a "crutch".
  • MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234

@SenzuDuck Nailed it exactly. Thats the only thing I took from watching his video. Hes not particularly a good killer and it shows clear as day in his video. I think he blames his lack of skill and losing on ''swf'' groups. In saying that we all lose games as killers. But I cant stand this mentality of blaming the game, its devs and swf for your own mistakes in the games.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

SWF is a money maker, the will never nerf or change.
    The only thing we can do is, dodge a swf lobby.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Vietfox said:
    Giche said:

@Vietfox
    @fcc2014

Yeah we know, we know...

Come on, go and look for a single comment of mine complaining about noed. If you do, i'll change my name to Rektfox xD
    Also, i might have said that camping for the only reason to secure the kill and stuff are cheap tactics but that's it. Never asked for them to be punished or reportable.
    Edit: i even said noed was fine. And, as far as i know, never called any perk a "crutch".
    I play both sides at rank one. The complaints at this point are just beyond ridiculous.
  • Vietfox
    fcc2014 said:
    Vietfox said:
    Giche said:

@Vietfox
    @fcc2014

Yeah we know, we know...

I play both sides at rank one. The complaints at this point are just beyond ridiculous.
    You quoted me instead of @Giche xD
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

They won't do this. Every single killer (for the most part) would opt out and swf groups would never be able to find games. If they were going to do that they might as well just get rid of swf. The current route they are taking is a better one imo. Their goal is to bring solo players and swf groups to a closer level so they can make it easier to balance the game as a whole. And honestly once they find a way to extend games a little bit, it won't really matter that much if people are swf or not. They only real advantage at that point will be voice comms which won't make you lose a game in most situations.

• Now I don't want to encourage this playstyle because it is perceived to be scummy...

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

If you do play against SWF just hook one and camp him, his friends wont leave him behind. It'll give you a chance for a couple kills maybe. If you only get him and it turns out they don't care about him, at least you ruined his game like they ruined yours ;).

They are hard to beat sometimes but not unbeatable.

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

just make two modes..a ranked mode where you can only queue solo and a non ranked mode where you can queue together.
    simple
    /thread

• Master

@Legacy_Zealot said:
    Now I don't want to encourage this playstyle because it is perceived to be scummy...

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

If you do play against SWF just hook one and camp him, his friends wont leave him behind. It'll give you a chance for a couple kills maybe. If you only get him and it turns out they don't care about him, at least you ruined his game like they ruined yours ;).

They are hard to beat sometimes but not unbeatable.

If they are tryharding, there is no way you stand a chance unless you are a decent nurse.

But yeah, gotta exploit that over-altruism :smile:
    Just prepare for the salt overflow after the match^^