Add D/C Penalities Again

Seriously, yesterday had two people D/C on first down though I ran the killer for 3 gens, and today had 2 people D/C when they saw Huntress had Iri Head

Comments

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

Idk how they will do that, but agreed, went to save Nancy during EGC and she killed herself so I was just lucky to make it to hatch last second

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

just give them 3 shots at unhooking yourself then no more

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited September 2020

Make it so you only have 2 chances to unhook yourself, and each time you try, the sacrifice progress won't go down, and remove button mashing on hook altogether. I also like Ryugas idea, you should watch his video, it gives good suggestions to patch the problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQPuyl1BmCE&t=749s

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

yeah, would be the first survivor buff in a long time.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Well, to be fair I can 100% understand the Iri Head part. This addon is just brainless and broken af and needs to be removed or reworked asap. Most huntress I encounter with Iri Head have even the full sweaty build with Ebony Mori.

• Mekochi

Not only that, people being able to boot others offline by getting their IP, I usually see this done on R6S (Xbox) but I don't doubt that it happens on DBD too

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited September 2020

Great, at least they stay in the game longer :). We can also make a afk system, where if you don't move for too long, you're kicked out of the game with a 5 minute penalty, problem solved.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Make sure you complain about Oni, Billy, Leatherface, and Clown as well since you hate the threat of dealing with something strong even though it has the exact same counterplay!

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

The reason why I disagree with bringing back the DC penalty is simply because of how imperfect their system!

I would change to something for example pay x amount bloodpoints to play again, or reduced bloodpoints gain for x amount of hours!

But than again, their penalty system is imperfect

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

DCs being rampant is one of the big reasons I almost exclusively play full SWF. Even with 3 man groups, the random very often DCs and it's incredibly annoying. I wouldn't care that much if they did it on their third down or second hook or something, but a huge amount of players DC if they're the first down in the match. Hook suicide is a lot less annoying because at least they took up... ten seconds of the killer's time by picking them up and hooking them. Hate running halfway across the map to unhook only for them to die before I realize what they're doing, though.

I'm all for DC penalties coming back, would definitely play the game more in solo queue if I knew I would be less likely to deal with the scenario of having 4 gens left with 1 teammate lmao

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,469

I was playing a game with someone that DC'd for not liking a killer and their reason? they thought it was BS and didn't want them to get the sacrifice points. the thing they didn't realize was that if you DC on a hook they still get the points anyway. what they need to do is think of a way to sperate intentional DC's and the game kicking you out. that's the only way I'm ever DC'd

The issue is that the game can't separate an intentional DC from a game error and you get punished regardless.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

These Penalties are needed, without it people are able to just leave a game and ruin it for everyone else. Although I'd understand quiting during certain circumstances it would still be better to have to sit out for afew minutes and do something else, Get a snack, or even sort out your BP then stay in a match you don't want to play.(I was only banned a few times each time I had to sit out for 2 or 3 minutes, not alot to me but that may differ)

This isn't even DBD specific, awhile ago I was going for an achievement in another game and I had thd same issue as @TWiXT@TWiXT, people kept leaving when I caught them and that voided my achievement. There were no repercussions for it, took me months to complete it, when it should've been done sooner.

I'm not sure if I can say the name of the game, but the guy who you play as name rhythms with "Pason Doorhees"

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

This is a multiplayer game. If you don't want to play, why are you queuing up in the first place? Go play KYF with people who want to play with the same arbitrary rules you do instead of ruining the trials for everyone else.

• BabyDweetMain
    BabyDweetMain Member Posts: 434

Okay clearly you cannot read. No where did I say I don't want to play the game in general. I think we all do. But I'm not going to play a game where a killer has overpowered add-ons, slugs, camps, tunnels, moris, etc. That isn't fun. So cause a killer slugged everyone and watched them all bleed out so I dc cause I'm not having fun, am I in the wrong? No.

• Soo clearly you cannot read too. Cause you are still ruining the games of the other players. Maybe they want to try it again an OP-Killer. You know that this Add on is in they game so you agreed with it by queuing up. It´s that easy. Moris are also in the game. Tunneling and camping are super unfun and bad but still a way to play the game (even if it is a realy bad way). If a killer slugged everyone and does not even try to hook them he is taking the game hostage. That´s a reason for report and maybe the only situation, where a DC is ok. In any other scenario it´s not. It is not on you to decide how the killer plays, what perks or Add Ons he uses and which offering he brings. That´s on him to decide and you agreed to that by joining the round.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

dc penalty did literally nothing you can just suicide on hook or afk the match out as killer

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

just add bots already to the game to replace the dcer penalties only hurt killer because survivor can easily kill them self's.

• NekoGamerX

funny and sad slagging not hooking letting everyone bleed out not taking the game hostage you'll bleed out end will end so not bannable reason why people dc in tho cases

everything else I agree with but I still feel bots would be better the DC penalties they can't get it right and mobile ver got them bots.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    edited September 2020

This is going to be an ongoing discussion that probably will never receive a peaceful resolve. If the penalty is there, players pull on the hook or hack another person's connection. If the penalty isn't there. Players are unhappy that someone just left the match.

The CURRENT ideal solution is to form a GROUP of friends and form a 4-man team. In my opinion, I think a ranking system which SUPPORTS player habits would be much better. As a person ranks up for what they do. They get to play matches with like-minded individuals. For us whom are FILTHY CASUALS such as myself. I guess I just don't really care. I thought the penalty was lame.

Some treat this as a PARLOR game, where people drink booze, play matches most of the day and if the match is going terrible. They find a new game, while others treat this game like it is a COMPETITIVE E-sports. Both sides are NOT wrong, but both sides claim each other are BAD. If BHVR did build a ranking system which supported that attitude. I would believe, the more COMPETITIVE players would be happy. So they are up there in the ranks. While those that treat this game as casual fun, can play in their own ranks. Im, Just sayin.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

I've been wanting the second phase to be reworked for a long time. Why do I have to mash a button? Just have it be like the first phase where I can wait and collect my thoughts.

• I don´t know wheter you can call this situation "taking a game hostage" or not. But if a survivor dcs after the killer slugged everyone and knows where a few survivors are but does not hook them and you can be shure that nobody has unbreakable, than I don´t have a problem with smeone dcing. I wouldn´t do it, but it doesn´t hurt the game at that point so I don´t care. But to be fair: I never had a round like this. I played against massiv slugger, but they slugged to waste time ore secure the 4K and thats totaly fine.

You could also change the button spaming to skill checks. If you miss one you loose 5 seconds. There would be a punishment for missing, but you could only reduce the time (from 60 to 40 seconds maybe), but you couldn´t suicide.

• lostboy
    lostboy Member Posts: 89

Punishing killers/survivors for enduring toxic game play from the other is not an acceptable reason to bring back the DC ban!

• HarlowXRaven
    HarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191

I don't agree the penalties should be added sometimes it necessary to dc it becoming very necessary to since the twitch event its become all mori tunneling and overall toxicity yes we agreed to play but some people wanna have fun or atleast run instead of just getting downed immediately.

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251

I guess they removed the penalty cause many, many, way too many players have been banned for D/C. The people i play with have almost all been banned during this period. I guess there were not enough survivors playing anymore 🤣

• NekoGamerX

I think it was mostly hacker giving people ban when they didn't dc and the dev don't know how to stop the hackers.

• HarlowXRaven
    HarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191

i'm not talking about that im talking about tunneling if someone tunnels you in solo nobody gives a care so yeah.

• Mekochi

But the teammates are punished when someone D/Cs for a dumb reason, and the killer is deprived of a kill.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited September 2020

Why did they get rid of DC penalties, anyway? I've been in a situation where a RL emergency comes up and I had to, but that's happened once in like 150 games. It seems pretty easy to give grace to those who have genuine issues and someone who DCs every other game around the time they get hit by a killer.

• BabyDweetMain
    edited September 2020

Hitting the queue button isn't a contract. I'm not agreeing to do anything.

Also why is the enjoyment of complete strangers more valuable than my own? Why lay on the ground for minutes because killers want to ruin people's day? Why be picked off right when the match started and Moried? If you want to bring something extremely op, uncounterable or scummy, I have the right to leave the game. And I don't see why that should be punishable. You can't force people to waste their time in an unfun game when they could just leave and join a new one. Never did I say I want to control what a killer does or brings to the game. You're the only one wanting to control and force people to do what you want.

• Orion
    edited September 2020

Fact is, other people matter too, and you do not, in fact, have the right to ruin their trials by DCing, which you'd know if you'd read the rules. DC penalties were added exactly because of people like you, and I can hardly wait until they're back and you're off the queue.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392

My last 3 Doctor Games had 7 DCs (i start to get release Legion / Pre Nerf Spirit vibes).

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Yeah, losers. I see them more and more. I think the penalties need to be back or they need to be split into ANOTHER Que populated by people who... you guessed it... have a strong tendency to disconnect. They deserve each other.

• Orion

I'm all for splitting the queue. Regular DCers can all not play together so that the people who actually want to play the game can do so without disruption. I don't mind if my queue times are longer.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

Every time you load the game up you Reaffirm/agree to the EULA of the game, when you install it, you AGREE that you will abide by the rules of the game (the EULA is part of that). If you don't agree with their stance of Manually Disconnecting except in extreme emergency or case of a game not being able to complete via the normal End Game Collapse you should play something else. personally I want them to just remove the damn feature, but re-institute the time penalties to take affect the NEXT time you log into the game. why? because I'm tired of people using EXPLOITS to stop a killer from doing their part in the game because they didn't like things. OR conversely a killer disconnecting because they didn't like how things are. I don't care if you DC just acknowledge you broke the rules and deserve the penalty imposed and move on. stop making excuses for not getting an EASY game and play it. how ever if something is not to your liking I am not amiss to having a feature in the in match functionality to allow you to GIVE UP on either side, this awards between 1-3 hook states and a sacrifice to the killer if a survivor were to do that and if a killer does, then the survivor gets the escape and 1-5 generator repairs or something like that. I'm tired of this DC should be allowed because of toxic game play! have you ever thought that DCing is TOXIC unless you HAD TO DC? (game would not shut down through EGC naturally etc. BUT you all are the ones that have ruined it for the people that have bad internet connections. I started playing in 2018, disconnecting was a rare occurrence but it was there. in 2019 it was commonplace, now it is rampant.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Nobody really care about other players. I'd say even devs dont care about us. Instead of making BT and DS default game mechanics that would prevent not fun games where you stay on hook all game, devs locked these mechanics in perks. :^)

• Orion
    edited September 2020

No, survivors just need to know the difference between safe and unsafe unhooks and perform the former. I don't use BT and never have any issues when unhooking. Why do you suppose that is?

Post edited by Orion on
  • Corikstarr
    Corikstarr Member Posts: 23

Because you're relying on timing and skill rather than a crutch to unhook.

I get why people take that perk, because they assume they have a camper or because they don't want to have to wait to unhook someone, or because they like to just bum rush the killer. With the exception of the camper scenario though, it's a crutch.

• Orion

Because you're relying on timing and skill rather than a crutch to unhook.

We have a winner. I also don't like hook farming.

• BabyDweetMain
    edited September 2020

I play a game to have fun. If I'm not having fun, I'm allowed to leave and play something else. I paid money for it. I'm not going to waste my time with killers who clearly don't care about others enjoyment if they're running op perks, add-ons, and offerings.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • BabyDweetMain

If they don't want people disconnecting then they should remove the button to do so. Point blank period. People using something they put in the game isn't something they can or should get in trouble for.