Corrupt and Pop.

Thrilling Tremors and Pop.

Haunted Grounds and Undying.

Ruin and Undying.

Ruin and Haunted Grounds.

Devour and Haunted Grounds.

NOED and Undying.

NOED and Blood Warden.

WTF are you talking about? Killers have a crap ton of synergy combos as well. I swear to God, killers sometimes have this false sense of oppression.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

But why should it remain the same? I can't get my free tunnel, I can't be rewarded for playing scummy, I can't get my free hook after camping the hook like an dummy and act like I'm doing nothing wrong.

DS should change because I'm tired of camping the hook and getting DS'sed then bitching about it on the forums.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Bruh calm TF down. We don't want to tunnel people out, we just want to not be hit by DS in situations where we shouldn't be getting hit by DS.

You shouldn't be able to hook bomb with DS, shouldn't work while on gens, shouldn't work in endgame etc.

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249

The issue with it not being a true anti-tunnel perk books down to one aspect: the timer. It needs to be activated from first unhooking, no matter who does it, and stay active. The caveat is that it can be used only once per match, with Survivors not leaving scratch marks for two seconds.

THEN it would be a true anti tunnel that addresses the issues its current form and your proposed form fail too, such as slugg'n'wait, and continued tunneling after use.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited September 2020

If survivors have DS during Endgame you already failed. If the survivors make it to end game, PLURAL, you've failed.

It's like watching a meteor strike your town and complaining to your nail salon that you didn't get the right color on your fake, pressed on nails.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

If you truly have "failed", the game would end right there and then, but it doesn't, and some perks are built around endgame.

Survivor gets unhooked, you down them, you can't go for unhooker because of hit movement speed. The dude crawls/runs out due to DS.

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330

OP: *Makes DS rework post*

Everyone: "But how would you change killer perks or it's not fair"

???????¿???¿

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

Enduring+Spirit Fury:Pre Drop 3rd pallet

BBQ+Pop:Hide in a locker before hook

Corrupt+Pop:Wait out Corrupt

Thrilling Tremors+Pop:Hide in a locker so he can't find you with Thrilling or BBQ if he has it

Haunted Grounds+Undying:Bring Detective's Hunch or Small Game

Ruin+Undying:Bring Detective's Hunch or Small Game

Ruin+Haunted Grounds:Stealth around map if you cleansed Haunted Grounds

Devour+Haunted Grounds:Stealth when you cleanse Haunted Grounds

NOED+Undying:Make sure NOED doesn't have a chance to spawn by cleansing totems

NOED+Blood Warden:Leave before they hook them you dumbass Meghead

Killers are insanely counterable. What can you do about Adrenaline? Nothing. Unbreakable? Lose map pressure that could win you the game. Object of Obsession? Be undetectable the whole game genius. Borrowed Time? Don't take advantage of the bad situation the unhooker made. DS? Let a survivor pick themselves up with unbreakable because you sure as hell can't. Soulguard? Just go work on a generator like a good killer because there is no counter to soulguard, they pick themselves up in front of you face, you hit them, they leave never to be seen again.

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

Hey Meghead, hi. Me again, the stupid dumbass killer sided Wraith main. A balanced game according to the Devs is 2 escaped and 2 dead. And unless the survivors brought a key, which they should if they're a survivor main at all, you're making it to EGC.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

Then what is the purpose of Decisive Strike? Just another second chance?

I like how you blindly assume that I'm a new player, really shows what kind of a person are you.

I just made a suggestion to make Decisive Strike an anti-tunneling perk and reducing it's synergy with other second chance perks, no need to be angry about it.

• AhoyWolf

Exactly, I guess you need to change something for both sides at the same time to be taken seriously...

• AhoyWolf

I love people that just blindly assume that people are unable to play both sides...

Maybe if you read my post more I made it work multiple times because you aren't tunneled just once, also I made Decisive Strike stronger when getting tunneled and weaker when not.

• IshinSolarc
    IshinSolarc Member Posts: 114

My opinion on nerfs:

• Unhooking yourself to use DS is pretty rare, so it's an unneeded change
    • Reduce skill check size is ok, but it's no that good chance either, good players rarely miss skillchecks.
    • Reducing DS duration is good overall.
    • Deactivating DS after recovering is okay, it will nerf the combo with Unbreakable.

My opinion on buffs:

• Decisive Strike going 3x slower is easily abusable, survivors can force a chase state if they keep following the killer.
    • [Decisive Strike being able to use multiple times] U w0t m8? This is not happening.
    • Decisive Strike not creating a obsession in the start of the trial is okay.
    • Increasing stun duration is bad, 5 seconds already punish killers by a lot since the survivor will get a lot of distance already.

Overall I feel that Decisive Strike abuses are still viable, which is the biggest problem at the moment, and the buffs you said are mostly game breaking.

• AhoyWolf

Thank you for the feedback!

And yea, if I think about it more, some of the buffs I suggessted are little too strong.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Quite accusatory that you think I'm angry. I know your new because you decided to be a sheep and follow the other newer players that started the idea that Decisive Strike was an "anti-tunneling" perk. When in reality "anti-tunneling" doesn't exist in the game that the Dev's even balance around. They believe it's a legit strategy when used correctly, and have said that multiple times, in multiple streams they don't actually plan to do anything (or much) about it. (Same with camping surprisingly enough).

Though I guess since you want to ask me, instead of doing any research still. The purpose of Decisive Strike was to "extend a chase". To give you a better chance at reaching a safer location if say you were on a hook in an unsafe location like atop a hill without balanced landing, or in the basement. It simply helps against tunneling, not intended for it.

They even plan to change DS because it has been getting used outside of it's intended purpose. Players have found that Decisive Strike is akin to immunity, so by cheesing and jumping into a locker a killer is forced to activate decisive strike or wait 40+ seconds to take the survivor out of the locker. Players have also used this idea to time a window/ledge/pallet vault, and repair generators unabated. However that still isn't something against the Killers tunneling, it's because it's too strong against Killers.

So anyway's, if you need DS as a crutch perk against tunnelers. I would sooner suggest changing your mindset, learning the maps and looping better. You will have a much easier and fun time doing that then expecting DS to change into a "anti-tunneling" perk. If a Killer tunnels a player when it's uneeded it only wastes the killer's time and the survivors win in the end.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

yes thats how balance works give survivors something arguably more powerful than current ds and give killers something more powerful idk play with your food or something

• Avarice10
    Avarice10 Member Posts: 482
    edited September 2020

You actually think these changes will make it a good anti tunnel perk? You're joking right? Have you never been tunneled by a killer before who wanted you so dead they'd ignore everyone else just to kill you? Probably not, because those killers will be all to aware of the many flaws and loop holes they can take advantage of with this new DS.

It sounds to me like you only cared about how you could destroy DS synergy with other perks, and then tried to sell it under the false pretense that you want this DS to be a stronger anti tunnel perk. All you've really done is made the perk to be far weaker in countering tunnelers.

• Avarice10

That is definitely not true, Devour Hope with 5 stacks is the most powerful perk in the game to date, yes it's a hex perk that can be destroyed, but that's exactly why it's a hex perk, if this perk wasn't a Hex, it'd be the most OP perk in the game, its the only perk that has the potentional to absolutely destroy the survivors chances of escape, not even NOED compares to it.

• Avarice10

That wasn't a touch to BBQ, that was a touch to all aura reading perks and add ons, Wraiths could see people hiding in a locker, it was kind of broken.

• Avarice10
    edited September 2020

Plenty of killers do, I was being tunneled by a LF and jumped in a locker because I knew he knew/suspected I had DS and was going to slug me, so I wanted to force a grab. He just stared at the locker waiting for the time to expire, so I jumped out early, tricking him into thinking my DS expired, he picked me up and got stunned. He still tunneled me to death after that but at least I tricked him into getting stunned and bought some time for the team.

• Avarice10

BT use to have only one use but Killers complained about it being too strong that BT applied to both the unhooked person and rescuer so it was reworked into being a perk used only to aid the unhooked person. Killers kind of shot themselves in the foot with that one, ngl.

BT is in a good place where it's at, it does exactly what it's supposed to do, counter camping and give the unhooked person a chance to get away.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    edited September 2020

Imagine comparing Devour Hope, a perk dependent on an ENOURMOUS amount of work and luck of RNG placement...to DS. A free get out of jail free card with 60 seconds of invulnerability and a 5 second stun. Sure.

It's a Hex perk. It's risk/reward. That is it's huge downside. If you're not factoring in downsides when you compare 2 perks, you're not delivering a true comparison.

Please, get on my level and make a valid comparison. (Spoiler, you can't).

• Avarice10
    edited September 2020

There's not really much risk to it, if you only bring DH, survivors don't really start looking for the perk until you get your 3 stacks, they really start to panic when that happens, its super strong on killers who can actually guard their hexes well, and Undying has made it even stronger. You just have to be conscious of your Hex totem and defend it.

It's completely relevant because both DS and DH have counters. DH is the stronger perk though, as not only does it allow you to 1 shot survivors but out right mori them too. There's no counter to moris, so once that happens it's gg.

Also hooking 3 to 5 survivors is hardly "enormous work" that's ridiculous, the only thing required of you if you use DH is to play the game normally.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    edited September 2020

Lmfao, you haven't even read even the title have you? This rework aims to punish tunnelers even more than current DS.