Tunneling isn't 'Skill'

Options
124»

Comments

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,950
    Options

There are no true weak killers. Besides, rank 1 isnt an accomplishment anymore. And yes, the pipsystem is your boss. If you dont make it, then you lose your ranks.

The only bad thing is that killer pips are far too lenient and survivor pips are far too punishing. And before you start saying "there is so many skilless red rank survivors" I agree, but that doesnt change that fact. Red rank survivors lose pips for things they have 0 control over, red rank killers get black pips for simply existing and gain a pip if they manage to do their job half assed.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    Options

I believe you are conflating skill and strategy. Tunneling does not require any skill outside of normal chasing skills. It IS, however, a strategy that is sometimes sppropriate, sometimes neccesary, and sometimes detrimental. Just like camping (although, I suppose camping has a few unique "skills" associated with it to use it to full effect, unlike tunneling).

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,950
    Options

lucky to get a 2k against redranks? Man, then you're not even close to being a skilled nurse. I've seen plenty of skilled nurses, the best counter you have is faking you go behind a wall, and even then the nurse can still react fast enough to blink back and hit you. If you go against a truly skilled nurse, you're lucky to have a hatch escape. Any nurse player who think they barely can get a 2k with her power are players who are thinking they have to use nurse in a similar way they would use normal killers. But you gotta realize that for Nurse, walls do not exist, and that she has stronger auto aim after a blink. Once you truly realize that, you realize that there are no loops against nurse, there are only things that block your vision.