Give Plague SOMETHING she can still use in a chase if survivors refuse to cleanse.

TheClownIsKing
TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I am so god damn sick of every friggin loop being a COMPLETE waste of Plague’s time because it takes FOREVER to get survivors to drop the ######### pallet, thus making EVERY ######### loop a complete waste of Plague’s time if the survivors know what they’re doing.

How did the devs NOT see this as a problem?!

Plague’s instadown doesn’t mean anything if it takes 3 gen repairs worth of chase time to get close to ANYBODY.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• TheClownIsKing

I suspect you didn’t bother reading my post.

If Plague can’t get close, and always has a pallet at a loop, the 1 hit down doesn’t matter. That survivor isn’t getting hit.

• TheClownIsKing

I’m exaggerating and embellishing.

My point is there is no way to end chases fast enough if survivors don’t cleanse.

• TheClownIsKing

HOORAY.

Sometimes right in the corner of a swamp map, and the furthest away from all the survivor activity.

What an awesome solution.

• alex9er
    alex9er Member Posts: 96

Yeah,i wish she had a better chase.Also,the fact that she's so tall makes it so hard to mind game sometimes

• TheClownIsKing

She can’t mindgame at all

• she can’t fake her power due to the cooldown.
    • Survivors can always bloody see her, so hiding the red stain is utterly pointless.
    • Pretty much everyone is running Spine Chill.
  • ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

You can get the down in half the time, it's the fact anytime they waste healing is removed. Removing healing is what hurts her not the chase. The red goo is affected poorly by dedicated servers too. She's not a bad killer but you have to be very good and a little lucky.

• TheClownIsKing

No, chases do not take half the time. It might seem that way on paper, but it most definitely does not halve chase times.

• she has nothing to mind game with to trick survivors into an easy hit.
    • She has nothing to assist her at a loop to hit them before a vault or pallet drop.
  • MasterofSFL
    MasterofSFL Member Posts: 125
    edited October 2020

What would you be willing to give up to make her chases more successful?

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Broken is a bit of an overrated status effect. Yes, it can give you an insta-down but at the same time, with a power like Plague's red vomit there's really no need for it. Not to mention that survivors typically cleanse only after being afflicted with Broken.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Well the new version of Thanatophobia is a buff for Plagues that use it since if the survivors refuse to cleanse then the gen slow down will be even greater than it is currently. So it’s a way to encourage them to cleanse earlier. You could even throw in Blood Echo maybe to give extra incentive for them to cleanse if you find them getting a lot of use out of exhaustion perks against you.

And I suppose if the issue for your Plague is pallets then you could also try, say, Brutal to help you clear them more quickly in the early game to set up for a later game with dead zones near a 3- or 4-gen area. The downside there is that if they do cleanse them you actually can do a lot of work just with puke and kicking pallets won’t be as important.

I don’t think Plague is all that great personally since she has no map mobility and her ability is somewhat swingy. She’s a little like Oni in that if she can get a really good use out of a charged up Corrupted Purge then she can down multiple survivors in a short time span and snowball the match, but if she doesn’t manage to get that payoff she’s a bit weak as a killer because she has no map mobility or anti-loop ability. Both her and Oni are kind of like higher risk, higher reward killers, they can win big or lose big depending on the situation with with charging up their ability,

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

you know, she used not to have even that. Be grateful for what you have. Also, what's the problem in using her as default m1 killer who basically faces 1 shot survivors?

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Use "Blood Favour" to block pallets. Easy solution man.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

I've seen people facing red ranks get 4K's. and both sides played well. you are obviously not making the right choices of add ons or even offerings. please go watch some high level game play and get better at the game in the mean time. I've 4k's even without using her power once!

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Maybe i'm unlucky but I find this perk useless. I think it would be useless even if there was no cooldown. Once you hit survivor by the pallet he uses his speed boost to reach another tile. With this perk you just make survivor not to waste palet in panic.

This perk seem strong on paper but when I tried to get adept blight this perk never helped me.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

First of al, do not overcommit to chases, even when they are already broken. You have one fountain by default now. Use Apple addons for even more fountains. You can use her red addon for seeing them vomiting.

Apart from that, equip perks which punish the survs more when they do not cleanse:

Infectious Fright - Reveals their location in TR, if you hear someone scream and you see they are in a bad spot, slug the current and chase the other. They may still get away, but chances are they need another pallet for that, so you can destroy it.

Tinkerer - Tells you were a gen is about to be finished, and you are Undetectable on top. If the refuse to cleanse, they should be easy downs. Discordance and Surveilance could work similar, although you do not get Undetecable.

Enduring / Bambozzle / Play with your food - Can help you down broken survs faster, but I would assume gen control is needed more.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

You mean the one free health state she takes off Survivors, significantly shortening chases and making tracking much easier?

• TheClownIsKing

None of that matters when no mind games work at loops. Survivors ALWAYS know where she is. Attempts at hiding the red stain is a waste of time.

Takes half a minute to get them to finally drop the pallet, move to next tile, repeat. Drop chase because too much time is being wasted. Other 3 infected survivors do the exact same thing.

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

I like how "Just use addons" is considered by some to be a good argument. Like "Okay we know this killer has some issues so use a consumable item that fixes those problems so they're actually playable".

Plague obviously has some problems that need to be looked at, She's had dozens of threads made about them over the past couple of months. Something is obviously wrong with how she functions and its primarily the fact that she is reliant on survivors cleansing in order to do anything. One already corrupted pool in the middle of bum ######### no where doesn't help, and using an item so she gets 3 is a bandaid on an obvious issue.

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

If survivors don't cleanse, they basically have the exposed effect until they do.

Most killers have to chase people around loops, except from nurse and spirit etc. If the problem is you can't get hits on people who are looping, the problem isn't the killer the problem is your looping skills.

You need to practise defeating loops, through mindgames, respecting or even forcing them to drop the pallet.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

I never really liked plague. I would say her one hit downs are good, but they don't help with looping. Maybe like a passive slowdown of survivor movement speed would help if they are infected?

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

If mindgames aren't working just force them to drop the pallet. That way it's one less pallet to worry about.

And I've played plague many times and you can get some easy hits on people who loop an unsafe pallet.

• TheClownIsKing

Jesus effing Christ.

Every OTHER killer has something in their power to help with getting a hit at a loop, or AT LEAST mind game with their power.

Heck even Myers has a faster, and extended lunge range at T3. Wraith can hit and run, and hope to catch injured survivors off guard later. Even Trapper if he still has a trap can encourage the survivor to leave the tile simply by putting a trap down.

YOU. CAN’T. MIND. GAME. WITH. PLAGUE!

So even running loops the CORRECT way, survivors:

a) can always know where you are because of how tall she is, and the smoke trail from her censer. It doesn’t help that Spine Chill is so popular either.

b) the loops cannot be mind gamed for that same above point. Hiding the red stain is a complete waste of time.

c) and without CP she has NOTHING to get a survivor leaving a tile, or dropping a pallet sooner. Every tile is always several laps, and absolutely no killer can afford for loops to be taking that long at red ranks.

Going against survivors that expertly know how to run every tile leaves plague with NOTHING to work with without Corrupt Purge, and the one fountain you get might be on the opposite side of the map, wasting a lot of time to get it, and wasting a lot of time finding survivors again when she does have CP. And if Plague effs up the timing collecting that, resulting in only one or no downs at all, then she’s completely screwed and survivors will be even LESS inclined to cleanse.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682

seriously I think he's made 500 threads for each little aspect of DBD

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545

That's the point of plague though?

You either infect everyone and everyone is easy to track and down in one hit, or everyone cleanses and in turn you have a very powerful tool to down survivors. No changes needed.

• TheClownIsKing

Except the “easy” part doesn’t exist. If the survivors know the tiles, you can’t hit them.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

Soooo she's a balanced and fair killer! Time to go home.

• TheClownIsKing

How is not being able to hit survivors that know the tiles fair and balanced?!

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

This dude makes 90% of the posts on this forum and constantly flip-flops between game perfect, community bad and game bad, community perfect. He's made every complaint and every praise for the devs. It's so weird looking at the recent discussion tab and its one person over and over again and somehow his takes get worse over time.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,826

I don't know why it's any harder to mind game with Plague than for many of the other killers. Really short killers might have an advantage looping some low obstacles compared to Plague, but Plague has the advantage of being able to hear the survivors vomiting through walls. The smoke trail only follows her ("trail"), so it's not really that big of a factor for mindgaming loops. If survivors are far enough around the loop that they can see the smoke they're just about to be looking at Plague's back.

Many people point to Hillbilly as an of a balanced killer and he has exactly the same problems as Plague in the loop. He's actually even weaker than she is against a team that doesn't cleanse, because M1s are obviously way easier to land than chainsaws. Legion is in the same situation as Plague as well. Most people will be one-shot, but his power doesn't help him get the second hit. Ghost Face, once revealed, is a normal M1 killer. Oni doesn't get his power until landing at least one hit, and he's just a basic M1 killer until then. Huntress is basically a 110% speed M1 killer on loops she can't throw over. Trapper can't carry many traps even with bags, so if you use one to make someone leave a loop, you're eventually going to run out of traps. You need to be able to chase someone to a loop that's already trapped in order to be anything other than an M1 killer. Wraith without windstorm is basically an M1 killer... You get the idea.

Think about it this way. Yes, without CP you get some additional tracking from the sounds survivors make, but you can't directly use your power to get downs in the chase. But, once you get someone on the hook, even if they're a good looper and you need Bloodlust to do it, you'll have multiple injured survivors either having to cleanse, or having to go for the save while injured. If you put people on a hook that's out in the open or in the basement, that's the start of a snowball. Bonus points if you can hook them near a CP fountain.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I just said this to OP, because he once said he thinks "Blood Favour" is a good perk.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Can't blame him. Almost everyone was thinking that way when perk descriptions was released. But after testing it no one would run this perk again.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341

Plague is perfectly fine, never had one game were I felt underpowered in chases as plague.

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

What if alternatively they changed 'cleansing' yourself to only removing infection and the Broken status if it exists - but not recovering your health state; so if you let yourself get broken, you are basically 'injured' even after you cleanse.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

This would be fair. It would encourage players to cleanse more often rather than waiting until Broken.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited October 2020

It would be somewhat inconsistent, but have you considered PWYF + Dark Devotion? If you can charge PWYF and then Slug your obsession after infecting everyone, your survivors are now broken and need to try to loop a 140% killer who's undetectable. I wish them luck.

Also contrary to what you said, Plague is not the only killer who's power doesn't help in a chase. After he's landed Frenzy, Legion's power doesn't help him get the down. Plague is taller than Legion so he's got that going for him but still... there's a reason why my Legion build always always has at least 2 chase perks.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

To say you can't mind game as plague is a bit ridiculous. Maybe try different mind games and switch it up mid game. I've seen many people fall for plague mind games. And if they don't cleanse then they are easier to down then if you were another m1 killer like Myers. If they know how to play loops well then work more on gen pressure if you can't get a hit. Point is survivors will do what they can to not go down or make it easier on you. It is up to you to decide where/when to chase. You can try to get survivors to go where you want them so they don't have anything to loop. Force the chase around gens you know are being worked on if possible. There are many things you can do as killer to help yourself in chase but only if you choose to use them.

• aarongai
    aarongai Member Posts: 155

Her chase is pretty weak without Corrupt Purge, but I'm not sure if buffing Vile Purge is a good idea given how it's essentially a free (but delayed) first hit that can spread to other survivors. But if they were to buff it, maybe cause infected survivors to gain the Hindered status effect as well. Would give them another reason to cleanse.

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

I wouldn't go with Hindered - only because that's a very powerful debuff at even the smallest numbers.

Action speed penalty while infected (you're distracted by coughing and vomitting) would be the route I would go - encouraging to cleanse quickly so you can repair and stuff at full speed.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

This thread shows just how overrated the Exposed effect is and that too many people consider bringing perks or add-ons to be a good argument. A Killer should not need perks or add-ons to even be decent. Being injured doesn’t matter if you can’t catch that Survivor. There’s a reason some players will stay injured for the entire game.

The free corrupted fountain can easily spawn in a dead zone for you, meaning you have to leave the chase and gens just to get it. When you come back, you’ve already lost some time for your power and given the Survivors a chance to finish the gens uninterrupted. To fix this, I think the free corrupted fountain should be forced to spawn near multiple gens or the player only needs to press a button to activate Corrupt Purge after a Survivor cleanses or from the free purge instead of having to waste time going to a fountain. Of course we’d have to test each idea on the PTB first.

• SurvJoe
    SurvJoe Member Posts: 111

what a lazy noob , you start with 1 corrupted fountain by default and if they dont cleanse they're 1 hit down you cant catch for 1 hit and complain ? lol just git gut . ofcourse u can mindgame with plague she is so tall u can see with her over a lot of loops unlike for short killers and they dont complain about it

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2020

Her camera isn’t at her eye level though. Look at any recent Plague video that shows the match intro. Her camera’s around her chest level. You see the same thing that pretty much every other Killer (minus Hag and Blight) do.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

You're SICK of it

This is a problem that's making you VOMIT

Also are we just going to ignore all the killers who have nothing to help in a chase period?

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I feel like she would be fine if she wasn't so ######### tall, seriously survivors can see her over some loops when she can't even see the survivors.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

What's the problem with her exactly? Do you know what NOED is? Well, a lot of survivors have problems with said perk.

If survivors refuse to cleanse then it's basically you're using NOED (without the speed bonus). Plague has a built-in noed in her basekit, also you see a green trail that follows sick survivors making it easier to track them. If we follow your logic, then trapper must be very bad, yet he is efficient and good in the right hands.