"if we let killers know they are versing swf, they will always quit" Do you see what is wrong here?

Justalittlepeeck
Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

Yeah, it's the "if they don't know they are playing against cheaters, they wouldn't complain" mentality. Why fix the problem, when we can just pretend it doesn't exist, right? edit: I'm talking about comms of course. SWFs without comms are fine, but we all know that they don't exist, so it would be safe to assume swf=comms.

EDIT: People upvoting the comment below, why are you the way you are?

Post edited by Justalittlepeeck on

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

Because any time suggestions are made for buff solo then buff killer the suggestions to buff solo to account for information you'd gain with comms killers flip out even though they'd get buffs to balance out. Killers and survivors mains are obnoxious when any buffs get mentioned for the opposite side.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

it is intentional feature but talking with each other on skype discord or any other comm thing isn't intentional.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Because balancing a game is hard and sometimes they screw it up. Just because they make a balance mistake doesn’t mean they didn’t intend it to be a feature of the game.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,067

I am pretty sure you can find tons of Threads in this forum why this is a bad idea.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I don't think they had consider that talking in a swf group brake the game so much now they know and they don't know how to fix it because they can't with out putting voice communication in game or give the same info to solo as swf group has and buff killers after.

• Justalittlepeeck

It's pretty impossible to give solo's same info as SWFs, though a lot can be done to try to +- aline them, which would be welcome, although that would break the immersion and feeling of horror even more.

• dugman

On this I can agree, I think that certain parts of the game are a bit broken (looking at you, Object of Obsession!) with swfs in the game and the devs probably didn’t fully consider those specific things in a swf environment. And I think the way the current rank system matches up groups that include swfs isn’t putting enough weight on the advantage of being in a swf (I suspect it’s just taking a simple average of player ranks when it should instead be increasing the effective rank for swf members for matchmaking purposes, that’s just a guess though,) So yeah, there’s definitely some balance areas that could stand improvement and they either haven’t come up with a good solution yet or their internal data is telling them that the disparities aren’t large enough to warrant making it a high development priority.

So while swfs on comms are an intentional part of the game, there are balance consequences of that design decision that it would be nice if the devs eventually more fully address.

• dugman

Frankly I think the only reason comms aren’t in the game already is simply because Behaviour probably feels it’s a project that wouldn’t be worth the developmental resources to prioritize it since there already exist so many good third party apps like Discord that do the job just as well as an ingame feature would. Why allocate programming resources to implementing something a lot of people can just do on their own without too much difficulty?

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Sigh

killers these days really have no idea what killers back in the day used to have to put up with.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

You are making a false analogy for cheating gives advantages way out of coms league, if you dont agree you have never faced a teleporting Leatherface or a permasprint Survivor, I have faced both cheaters and SWFs with coms and I would pick the later any day of the week.

Coms with SWFs would be similar to facing people who train regularly on a 1000m race, cheaters would be like the same race but one is riding a motorcycle, its not the same and they shouldnt be put on the same category.

You know that argument goes both ways right?.

• dugman

It’s clearly intentional. It’s not like they “accidentally” added swfs and said “Oops, we never realized swfs would play on comms”. Of course they knew players would use comms in a swf, the devs even do it themselves!

Just because the game initially launched without swf support doesn’t mean they didn’t either change their mind on wanting to include it in the game and/or had planned all along for swfs to probably be added after launch but simply wanted to get the game out the door while it was in development.

And just because there are balance issues with swfs doesn’t mean the devs weren’t aware swfs would play on comms, it just means they didn’t fully consider how some aspects of play would be impacted by comms. Making a bad balance choice doesn’t make the choice unintentional.

• Justalittlepeeck

I have seen everything and just because the nightmare became less worse, it doesn't mean it stopped being a nightmare.

By the way, you don't seem to know what killers had against survivors aswell.

• Withered8

Clearly you never ran into 4 man teams who abused all of the features of the game back then.

There’s a reason I nurse until the start of this year.

• Justalittlepeeck

I played Nurse only back then so abusers weren't a problem since most of their bullshit wasn't a thing to the nurse. Moreover, players back then played way worse than today.

• Withered8

I know what they had, nothing which was even in comparison to what survivors had and especially when they knew how to use it. Mori off of first down? LMAO good luck getting a down in the first place unless you’re playing nurse. Servers in favour of killer? Didn’t matter cause there was a million pallets that you could just drop them all instantly and not worry about lag.

Sometimes I wish some killers these days could be thrown into a 2016 dbd match and see how they feel about that. The game is far more balanced now than it ever has been. In fact I would argue some parts are even killer favoured.

• Withered8

Exactly if you were playing nurse game was a breeze if not game was forever stacked against you.

yea players were worse back then but there were still good teams and people who knew about everything to abuse. It wasn’t hard to learn how to hold a killer forever.

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

That's the thing, that's the beginning of the nerfs, in the very early days when people didn't know how to abuse ######### they didn't do that. This is the equivalent of a millennial talking to a zoomer when they aren't separated by that many years. And then you remember the op ######### killers also have, ruin was strong before people started hitting skill checks, nurse was op, billy was in his prime, michael was stronger due people lacking awareness of their surroundings. Not to mention hag i don't think has been nerfed but im prob wrong Then you have the arrival of spirit, who had to be nerfed so many times. I agree survivors were stronger back then, but when a majority don't know how to abuse it and killers have stronger kits it makes the point mute.

This discussion has been closed.