Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

Options

Comments

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,803
    Options

This isn't nearly the same thing as something just "going on sale" of course people know that will eventually happen.

These items came out like 3 days ago. Outrage caused this to happen and a lower price. The irony is their MOST loyal costumers got screwed over by the change lol. They absolutely should get a refund.

I just bought 2 outfits for less than what some of them paid for 1. I would be insanely frustrated right now if I spent 42,000 shards for 2 outfits only for them to decrease the price by over 100%.

This would be like buying the new console this year and 1 week later they sell them for 200$. People would be furious.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    Options

Tbh i read the leaks and I knew there was a 70 percent sale coming soon so i waited.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited October 2020
    Options

Wait what happened? I'm lost. Is this about loss when trying to link with Bhvr accounts?

• KingOfBadRNG
    Options

Also I'm pretty sure you can't release things on sale as soon as it release I believe fallout 76 was called out for this so they had to place its original price. So bhvr covered themselves

• Hlidskialf
    Hlidskialf Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2020
    Options

They changed the iridescent shards prices for the Halloween sets from 21600 to 9000 and don't want to refund people who bought before the change.

Nothing to do with linking bhvr accounts.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

still, what did they do wrong? they choose the price of their skins, they can change it whenever they want it. This stuff happens a lot of times, in like video games, or streetwear markets. I'm not judging them for using the EULA as an excuse, I don't really see why they should refund people just cause people took an L.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited October 2020
    Options

The new skins are? That's...horrific.

They did say the old event skins would be on sale beforehand, however.

Also I'm a bit confused as for me on the day the event began, the skins were showing as 13,600 shards? Definitely a scummy move and they should really refund the excess lost as goodwill. Doubt they will, though. It IS Bhvr.

• Donglo
    Donglo Member Posts: 3
    Options

I bought the Head and Body of the True Blight Cosmetic before the sale happened with Iridescent Shards and feel a bit ripped off. I spent a told of 14,400 as that takes months of getting to. The Cosmetic was lowered to 9,000 where I now missed out having the full cosmetic and still having 5,400 Iridescent Shards left over. I was hoping if there's any possible way to get a refund on my shards. I know I'm not the only one who wasted so much on shards. I would greatly appreciate if I could have something done. Just unfortunate for me and those who grinded so long and get a bit of a slap in the face for trying to cool cosmetics for a event.

• Mendax
    Mendax Member Posts: 130
    Options

May be, BHVR is legally right. But I find it unethical towards loyal customers. I'm upset cuz I bought one of these outfits for 21600 shards.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

you want to know the reason? because devs wanted so. period, they can do whatever they want with their skins. There's no ethics or scam. You just took the L, accept it. They'll never give refunds because they're not even capable of keeping tracks of who purchased said skins before a certain date (legacy restore teaches us something, right?)...

as said, let's make an example: new killer comes out, he has a super meta perk. You don't want to wait for the perk to come out to the shrine and you buy instantly the killer. Then the day after the perk appears on the shrine: would you consider this a scam? no, you're just unlucky.

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331
    Options

Well this is a valuable lesson on waiting for those who bought early. You thought the skin was worth 21,000 shards so you bought it for that. It's like buying bitcoin at its peak and watching it drop only to ask for a refund, such is life :/

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331
    Options

You can now get one more Halloween outfit with the discount and iridescent shards they are giving you, what's there to be unhappy about. Yes you could have gained more if you waited but its not like your losing anything smh

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I decided to wait and don't buy any skins because I thought that maybe, with the backlash that was happening, since the event didn't give any free skins, the devs would change their mind and give us a free one. Glad I didn't buy any before. Now I have, at the new price. I can understand that people are upset. If they wanted to have a lower price, it should have been from the start, not two days later.

• Donglo
    Donglo Member Posts: 3
    Options

Yeah, I spent 14,400 shards for the Head and Body of the True Blight Cosmetic. All I'd like make a return amount for what I bought, like an exchanged since they lowered it and I would have only spent 6,000 shards. I'd like 8,400 shards as that is what I would still have left from spending them from the price change.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,803
    Options

Thinking they would make a change to how they are earned is completely reasonable.

People having a clue they would suddenly lose massive shards though was not a reasonable thing to anticipate. I would be insanely pissed.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

So we get treats over dealing with the bugs and then the outfits are over 50 percent off! Really?! I wasted 21000 shards so I can save money to buy other games. Just so it can be reduced to 9000! That is BULL, I have been saving my sharda forever just to buy cosmetics I like or new characters if I didn't have money. And now I lost 21000 shards when I could have lost 9000. Really wish that if you were to reward us for sticking with this game for bugs you should do it right away. Anyways that's my rant

• FFabeq
    FFabeq Member Posts: 530
    Options

Should have wait maybe before buying them? Advice for next time, peace out

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374
    Options
  • KingOfBadRNG
    edited October 2020
    Options

Should have looked at the leaks it said there was going to be a 70 percent sale. also we get free iridescent shards so im actually glad they did this.

• Hlidskialf
    Hlidskialf Member Posts: 58
    Options

Yeah im not losing anything just HOURS of grind.

Off topic, PS5 UX presentation said: "We believe that your playtime is variable and should be meaningful" and that's what i expect from this whole situation.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited October 2020
    Options

Do you have any idea what actually happened?

I'll take this as a no. You are completely missing the point but there is no reason to try to explain it to you because you aren't going to listen.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

nobody told you to buy them on release day. be more patient, be wiser.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296
    Options

Also they should really make the old Blight skins buyable with shards again. Missed out on the nurse one cant get it now.

This discussion has been closed.