Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

Comments

• Deckergirl
    Deckergirl Member Posts: 39

Like when fallout 76 came out & places started giving it out for free.

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415
    edited October 2020

I was upset till i seen this. Honestly if they made a post about it weather it be on a blog tweet forum post, cant be mad if you didnt see it.

Clearly says save 75% on the outfits at this time.

Edit : just seen this.

Did they discount the 2020 outfits or the older ones?

Im confused.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

But the discount we are getting is NOT 75% off?

I think they originally planned a sale for the old Halloween cosmetics?

Planning this would just be on another level of moronic.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425

Ohh well in that case I would probably wait till next year to see if anything happens.

• skiafluff
    skiafluff Member Posts: 58

This is why I took a trip to Argentina and while I was there loaded up with around 4000 pesos worth of shards :^]

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

personally i thought 2 things were going to happen, 1 nothing and these skins will stay that way, or 2 they will allow us to get syrum from either gens or plants(which both are in the game). but instead there was this unprecedented move to lower the shards price.

Ok easy just give everyone a partial refund right? Everyone will be happy

and Nothing so far

So people ask for what in my opinion they deserve, but seemingly half the people are just laughing that someone just got screwed over...

Like whats with the lack of empathy?

Are these all the people who run DS unbreakable or Mori's everygame... idk

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Still not what this is about.

That was for older cosmetics. This is about the shard discount that came out today as compensation.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

I think one main issue here is that, whilst there was indeed a post about discounts on selected items and cosmetics, the reduction in Hallowed Cursed cosmetics is noted as a bonus for the Hallowe'en event, not a reduction as part of the sale. It's not often expected that a brand new item is produced, only to reduce the cost dramatically within a matter of days. Normally it's a couple of months down the line at the next sale event. I'm thinking that this is the main issue.

It could be argued that earning the shards is free, so technically the outfit is free regardless - and there is that as I originally thought! Although, after pondering about it, it's still shards people may have been saving up especially for the event (and to earn that amount takes a long time!).

I will say I think this was more a knee-jerk response to the original complaints to the event. Ironically, if they just stuck to the free shards and bloodpoint sale they've done and not put in the bonus, I'd back BHVR in their response and say it's actually a decent answer! It's just by trying to over-please people with the cosmetics, they made a huge mistake.

They may have been with good intentions - and no, I don't side with any argument about it being a malicious move because if anything it's gonna cost them for those who'd rather use Auric Cells tha save up. But it was that they tried to do that extra step which has inadvertently belittled those who bought them earlier.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

you bought them for a higher price, therefore you were able to play them earlier.

i agree that they should have announced that as soon as the skins went live, but a refund is not going to happen.

instead of complaining, why cant we be happy they even give us one free skin and a good amount of progress to another?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I glad I waited but it suck for tho who got them before the sale.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

They already got their money. That's all they care about.

You think they care enough to make things right after the check has cashed? You're dreaming.

• Hlidskialf
    Hlidskialf Member Posts: 58

The least we can do is give them a chance. After their response i can decided if i will keep playing or not. simple as that.

• Sir_Bassington
    Sir_Bassington Member Posts: 229
    edited October 2020

Im not the one whos petty about spending fiat money on in game skins, theyre cosmetics. I bought all my DLCs with actuall money instead of game time. id rather get the BP from the shrine then use that many shards on cosmetics.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

Periodddd. Like literally I was saving my shards and it just a slap in the face to us who spent them and then the cosmetics go on sale days later. It sucks no doubt idk how people are saying it’s our fault.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Don't spend money or shards on cosmetics. Only thing I use shards and money for on this game is Characters and shrine.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140
    edited October 2020

Does anyone know the math of how many hours it takes to earn shards? I'm curious how many hours it takes to earn 9k shards vs 21,600 shards.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

on what else should i spent my shards when not on cosmetics?

I already have every single perk in the game.

And i always buy the new chapters with real money via the playstation store so my GF can use them too without rebuying them.

• Mister_xD

what problem?

the "problem" that they literally gift you a whole skin and more?

would you rather them not doing any of that?

could they have done it better? yes. they should have announced the discount when they put the skins in the shop / delayed the release of the skins and give them out together with the discount.

is that enough of a reason to demand a full on refund? definitely not. you already talked to the support about this, you got your official answer right there. plus by buying the cosmetics when they came out you were able to use them earlier than others who didnt.

• Hlidskialf
    Hlidskialf Member Posts: 58

I'm not going to forget everything just because they gave me a free skin.

Also my support ticket is still open and i'm waiting for the response. Then i'll do whatever. Also i'm not demanding a refund, i just think people who spent the 21k should get a refund and that's all.

If you didn't spent 21k or more on the skins and you don't think this is a problem, why you're losing your precious time posting here?

Just congratulate BHVR on their twitter or something.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

ill continue doing what i did before because i still love the game and i dont want to stop playing. Its fine by me if they earn money if i like the content i get. Sure there are things they could do better tho.

• Mister_xD

"im not going to forget everything" - what exactly are you referring to here? there is nothing they tried to make up for by giving the discount, so what is there that, in your opinion, they need to be forgiven for?

and your support ticket may still be "pending", but you got the answer - you even posted it here. the answer is "no refunds". they've always done it that way and this case is highly unlikely to change that.

and i am "losing my precious time posting here", because i want to.

good to see that you can not handle critisism though.

• Mister_xD

you know, as much as i understand your point here, i can not help but feel like people who complain about this, making a huge drama out of it, are just acting super entitled.

i fully get why people complain that they were not told earlier about this, but acting like thats the reason they want to quit the game now is just ridiculous.

i mean, i was happy that those skins were shard skins in the first place! we didnt have that last time, last time you had to grind the event to unlock two or buy them with real money only.

so out of the 6 eternal blight skins, 4 are free anyway - and the only reason one of the other two is AC only is due to it being licensed.

that alone imo is a great deal. with how much work went into those, usually those kind of skins are AC only skins, yet we got 4/6 for free (forever - its not like they would turn into AC only skins after the event ended, like all the other Halloween skins (as far as im aware)).

and on top of that, they allow you to gain a completely free skin, progress towards another AND a discount on any not already bought skins just for logging in.

thats why i said before that im mostly happy with it. they could have done it better for sure - but its not a bad deal at all imho.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474

you agreed to the licensing agreement they literally don't have to do anything about this

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474

Its not scummy, we literally bullied them into making the event better, stop complaining about what you don't have and be happy with what you do have. If you always look at the negatives of any situation you will never enjoy anything they do just be happy with what you have 540000 free bloodpoints, 13750 free shards, and a rift.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,521

I hope you're taking notes BHVR, you have a nice list of people in this thread who are quite happy to pay over twice as much as other players for your items and they won't complain.

• Clonedhorror
    Clonedhorror Member Posts: 11

Where you went wrong here is you simply didn't plan out your purchases properly. If you are on the forum you will have noticed a trend of people complaining about not enough free stuff and BHVR in kind responded with this new event. What you should have done is wait till the last day or two of the event where you buy whatever your heart contends to. by doing this you are playing with the skins you know for a little longer but you get the best return on your effort and currency. As far as the EULA goes its like going to any store in the U.S. They have the right to refuse service for any reason, period. Just because BHVR and Steam partner to put this game out to us it is ultimately BHVR's call as to refund you or not. I urge you to next time sit on your currency and watch what the community starts demanding. BHVR give us an awful lot of play and tries to appease even the most demanding of players. I hope you can understand what I am trying to get to you and I hope you take this lesson in stride for future purchases.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

They did actually announce the sale before the event began in their news post/blog about Halloween 2020. The sale isn't new, but I'm not defending them here, because I saw no other mention of this sale anywhere else. They didn't bother to just include it into the in-game news where most people would see it. They instead hid it into a blog post on their site, which, let's face facts. How many of us actually click those links? Not only that, but the fact they waited 2 days AFTER the event started to do the sale, knowing full well people would buy those cosmetics on Day 1 of release. But, they have themselves covered because they did 'advertise' the sale before it happened.

• FambinoBambino_
    FambinoBambino_ Member Posts: 135

Wasn’t the blog post referring to the past 2 Halloween’s and not this one?

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I just went back to re-read the blog itself, and honestly, I can't tell.

Between October 23 and November 1st 11AM EST, save up to 75% on a selection of outfits, including the Hallowed Blight and Hallowed Catalyst Collections!  

There is also no picture of the current cosmetics either, just past ones. I wouldn't be surprised if they do try pass off this current sale as being included in the advertised one.

This discussion has been closed.