Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

Comments

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

poor customer service seems to be a trend...

this is not saying anything about the devs as people but as a subgroup of BHVR.

• Hlidskialf
    Hlidskialf Member Posts: 58

Same!

imo is just a bunch of wrong decisions while the whole team is stressed out to release new content every 3 months and still making content for tomes, rifts, skins and still need to deal with the same old bugs and complains about them.

I know all these things are hard but we still can complain if we think something is not right and this "no refund policy" in this specific case is not.

I'm personally only posting about this here on this thread and isent the link of this thread for some people who were being bullied on Reddit. Not bullying bhvr employees on DMs nor the poor twitter guy.

• NaturalHurdle70
    NaturalHurdle70 Member Posts: 41

I get that you won’t buy anymore, people who have that don’t care will, it unfortunate that’s how this is I’m at devotion 9 and I wasted some too. ButOnly If we waited.

• Hlidskialf

I have all the time in the world. Not worried at all.

I know you understand that companies can overrule the EULA if they see fit. You don't look like someone without any kind of education. If they don't want to do it, its alright. already said this a thousand times.

Good night man.

• NaturalHurdle70
    NaturalHurdle70 Member Posts: 41

I get it do , why is everything whining when people express there opinions. Are you tough as nails if you keep taking it in the buttocks from everyone. You don’t write just like me me . We have a choice and our choice us chime in and get it out, maybe there mad not sad .

• LowSpecGamersMatter
    LowSpecGamersMatter Member Posts: 485

in that case I take my words back, I wasnt that active to see that by myself. Damn, why are mods going this route now? Thats reaaally bad shine on them and BHVR

• JoeyBob
    JoeyBob Member Posts: 477

Instead items should never go in sale!

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

It's incredible how BHVR still hasn't replied to this thread yet. FYI, sticking your head into the sand won't make the problem go away.

• PapaBless
    PapaBless Member Posts: 3

So if you bought ice cream and on the next day you see it with big discount you also ask for the refund? I understand that unexpected sales sucks, but it's definitely not the reason to give you any refund. It's your choice to buy it or not. If you wanna stop playing because of it, it's your choice also.

• elpoh
    elpoh Member Posts: 222

this was more like there was two clients at the same time, and one buy the ice cream at 2$ and the next client buy the same ice cream but at 1$

because yes, without explanation.

and if i was the ice cream seller i don't gonna change the price randomly because yes

but if i change them the next day, for unknow reasons, and someone ask me to give the price difference back, sure i will

• Deadboy
    Deadboy Member Posts: 15

You obviously haven't been paying attention lol. They literally say it all the time in their streams. Go watch nearly any of their streams including the latest one when they literally talk about what the two different teams do lol.

• Deadboy
    Deadboy Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2020

Stop white knighting. The event was hardly an event. It was tied to the rift so if you didn't complete it now then you probably won't be able to ever unless they do blight stuff again. And the "event" consisted of pumpkins on gens, holding m1 on a flower if you even had that mission selected from the tomb, and expensive as usual cosmetics with no way reasonable way to earn them within the event. The devs screwed up and thanks to the masses of understandably unhappy customers who had to sit and watch other game companies who actually care about their player base give out an event worth playing we finally got some form of rectification. I'm not saying bhvr is heartless or that they're the devil but you can't deny they tried some squirrelly shite and would have then made that the normal practice if not for the people who were willing to get banned to defend all of us. A word of advice, defending poor practices don't enact changes like the ones we have all come to enjoy today, we have to keep on top of them because if we don't even try then obviously nothing is going to stop companies like these from becoming ea. It's a shame it all came to this and I usually don't write on these forums out of fear of getting banned or attacked by a mob of poor opinions. So if you do then obviously you've never had to fight for what you've wanted or needed. Okay I'm done god bless and take care folks.

• Hlidskialf

Read this: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1706677/#Comment_1706677

TLDR: The sales was a band aid fix for some players but a massive scummy move for other players.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

That's like sayin: Yo on Black Friday I got this pants for 5$. But when it was released I payed about 40$. I wanna get refunded.

This doesnt make any sense dude. Idk how much you spent but I bought between 250 and 300 skins. I own all DLCs and I also bought the battle pass. Do I complain about a idk 50% off for all DLCs or sth? No, because it doesnt make any sense at all.

• Akito

But theyre also gifting shards every day now til Nov 2nd. So you can easily buy another skin you like. Isn't that fair enough?

If they wouldnt I mean I would get your point and say yea that wasnt the play tho.

And I am sure there will be a redeemable code for some shards the next few days. But for the devs it's way to complex to make sure that specificly male sure you got joked on. Just sayin after 4 years they still cant release one single patch without tons of new bugs.

• Akito

Okay that's your point of view and it's also valid. But the point of view of devs is how to make sure that people who wants to get refunded don't try to cheat 'em.

Look at Legacy. It's probably the most worst exclusive they've released ever. So many problems with that and people who earned it and lost it still did not get refunded because the devs wants a consitent functioning system to find out if you're right or not.

And they don't have anything reliable.

So the only way to find a compromise is to bind some shards to a redeemable code but this one would be for everyone and it wouldn't be as high as you want/need it to because it still would be for everyone.

So the only way to mitigate is to ask very friendly for a public code with idk 4k shards and that would be for everyone an awesome thing.

Asking for a refund won't do anything

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    edited October 2020

yes, but they already explained in these times they are unable to see when they was unlocked

that problem already don't exist, they now have dedicated servers, they can check the purchase date, and return shards without errors.

• Hlidskialf

Well, the refund is totally viable and would be the best for us and bhvr interests but due the history of bhvr this is almost impossible but i don't need to stop asking just because this.

They just need to do something, release a statement saying they are not going to do anything because they can't or they don't what to, give the refunds and say is gonna take a little bit of time or just like you said give everybody more shards which i think is not going to happen because the new chapter will be released soon and if it is not licensed, people can use the shards to buy it and BHVR will make less money.

It's up to them, we are just doing what we can for them to make what is morally right.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

Yeah, good luck getting new BHVR to part with even a single cent.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

Just read the rest of this thread to see why your arguement doesn't work.

Also why even defend BHVR for this....

• RocketPenguin

They lose more money in the long run by making people fear buying things.

Also doesn't help that people who bought 2skins aka they lost 25k shards are quitting since they basically got scammed out of 100+ hours of work.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

They'll be back. And BHVR will find more ways to nickel and dime us.

• Slunkster
    Slunkster Member Posts: 83

If they don't have a log with your purchase date, I'd be surprised. Be it bought for actual real money or shards, dropping a sale on such a short to try to not lose face in front of the community is an exceptional circumstance, and some people may have spent 9k shards instead of 10 bucks if given the choice.

All in all they should have offered a full refund on the skin for people to chose what to do with the new price, that's the way I personally think it should have been approached with to show some respect for the player base and show some acknowledgement of their mistakes.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,933

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment on this thread, I'm sorry but the information I have is that there are no refunds as per our EULA, any item purchased can go on sale at any time.

• Slunkster

Can't wait for the Star Wars update when you can be a jedi / sith chasing the killer's.

• Slunkster

I fully agree, at this point it's a matter of momentary gain or long term client trust.

Although the money they are getting right now is certainly real and more tangible than a potential increase or decrease in future sale.

This is a video game and video community tend to have a high turn around in player base, hence making it likely that the long term impact be negligible at best.

• regnam
    regnam Member Posts: 35

I didn't buy any of the event cosmetics personally, but I did see them at full price on the day they were showcased on the store. I avoid purchasing these things with shards and/or cells because I figure they'd have some event currency, as the Eternal Blight event hadn't started yet. I don't agree with this kind of business practice, but I do think the people who bought them should've at least waited until the event was fully released before buying these outfits.

• RocketPenguin

see the things is shards aren't money. And people who got scammed from thier shards are just going to be less willing to buy things.

Soooo uhh.......

• BadDocter
    BadDocter Member Posts: 48

Rule number 37,  You can always buy back a lost reputation.

• Mendax
    Mendax Member Posts: 130

Thank you for your response and empathy (I understand that you really sympathize).

I hope that BHVR as a corporation understands the implications of this decision.

Someone will leave the game forever.

Someone will not take this as a loss or say "Unlucky" to themselves and continue to play and buy.

Previously, someone bought DLC (including original ones) in Steam and other platforms and skins for auric cells (including those that they could buy for shards) for money (including on the day of release). Now they will only buy original characters and skins for shards, and will be waiting for licensed chapters on sale.

Someone will continue to play, but will stop buying anything. 

Nevertheless, I still hope for the best and BHVR will come up with something.

This discussion has been closed.