Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789
    edited October 2020

Don't the skins cost 9,000 and you also get 10,000 just for logging in? It was 100% a mistake on Behaviour's part to discount the skins right after release, but the changes they made are reasonable tbh. If you just log in every day, even if you don't play, you'll have enough for a skin. You could miss two days and you'd still have enough for a skin. In theory you're also going to be accumulating shards just for playing, though, so if you play enough to make good progress on the rift (analogous to grinding for the two free cosmetics in past events) you should earn enough shards to buy your second skin.

In my opinion this is even better then past events because shards are more versatile than event currency. Rather than being obligated to redeem it for event outfits, you can use shards on a wider variety of cosmetics or even new characters.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

I am sure they're delighted to get a thanks after screwing you over. Maybe next time you'll be more frugal and not buy anything.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341
    edited October 2020

Feels bad man, I don't buy skins anymore for this game and I'm glad I stopped.

• Mendax
    Mendax Member Posts: 130

I saw this message on Friday in one social network. Perhaps it was taken from the discord.

It's sad that they didn't immediately respond to this thread. But I hope they answer tomorrow, after the weekend. And change their mind.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

"The developers are reading this thread but don't have anything to say at the moment." is the best (and only really) response you can hope for.

There is the "BHVR Read" reaction. It's usable only by developers, and can be used to show a thread has been read, without having to respond to it. This thread seems like a good target, if it is actually being read. This reaction has currently not been used on this thread.

It hasn't been used in a long time though, and my question about whether that is due it being bugged currently was ignored:

• Mendax

The only thing I noticed is the integration of other topics on the same problem with this thread.

• PlantCollector
    PlantCollector Member Posts: 344

Thats definitely true, but as i said before, some of us could have spent these shards on chapters but we were buying them with real cash, so we can spent the shards on upcomming outfits (theres more ways but thats just an example).

I personally say sometimes, that i'll buy this, even tho i don't really need it, because it also supports the game/company/etc. (Not refering to dbd alone but other games or board games).

Totally agree with you, that we buy cosmetics cause we like them, but the way people handle their ingame currency/money is different and they also handle it with different thoughts.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I feel bad for you lot who got them straight away. Dunno what else to say apart from wait a bit longer in the future bc it'll probably happen again at some point.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

These people didn't spend Cash. They spent shards.

Maybe, I dunno, read the thread before you post?

• elpoh
    elpoh Member Posts: 222

Well, when the event started was a bit sad there was no vials to unlock halloween skins

instead they added the new halloween collection to unlock via payment, even with that i buy the skins i like from the event without complaint

but cmon, if they change the price to appease those who did complain that there were no vials, and then add dailys so they can unlock one, they should give us the price difference back

and let's be honest, they can just double the daily rewards and let the price as it was, but we all know they was worried about let people who already buy them can buy non-halloween skins for free

• LowSpecGamersMatter
    LowSpecGamersMatter Member Posts: 485

Imo BHVR F ed up hard. However, its the guys own fault for spending that much shards/money into these skins. We all told you NOT to buy anything to show that we dislike this event.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I suspect they are contractually obligated to pay some costs for every sale, so a refund would put them upside down. That is an unreasonable request. However, I do feel, given the odd situation and timing (as well as reason) for the sale that those who made this purchased should be compensated with some other cosmetics (of their choice) of equal value to make up the difference. That would seem to be a win/win for both those who purchased before the sale, and the company.

• elpoh
    elpoh Member Posts: 222

but give us the price difference back don't should make them lost anything

shards can't be bought with money.... is just a imaginary currency earned by playtime...

it's just be nice with with the players who buy them more expensive for no reason...

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Personally (and NO I do not have any insider knowledge... I don't work for the company) I feel that the people who did buy them will get it addressed one way or another. Patience is a virtue.

• MasterManMike
    MasterManMike Member Posts: 19

So basically, always expect a company to be ######### because other ######### things exist? Why does it have to be that way in the first place? We can't change it just because it's the norm?

• Mendax

Dude, they announced the sale Hallowed Curse 2 minutes after the news about shards :D

• Mendax

Yes, no one expected this. I totally understand when I was buying DLC and outfits on the day of release that they may be on sale after 2-3-4 months. But not in two days :D

• Mendax

Most recently, I was also a white knight :D And I paid for it. Trust me, man, they don't need protection :D

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

you know, i would LOVE for BHVR to work on the ACTUAL problems dbd has. but in the past 3 years i've been playing, those seem to get fixed rather slow, and they fix some things that dont need fixing too. skins come out pretty regularly though!

• Pipefish
    Pipefish Member Posts: 331

Well Halloween is all about trick or treating. They tricked us with overpriced cosmetics, now they treating us with free iridescent shards 🤣

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

im aware it takes time, you'd be a fool to not think that. but some problems have persisted for years. some simple changes have stayed unchanged for years. and it seems like every other update breaks the same things over and over. i get bugs and glitches will come with every update, but when the same ones keep popping up, theres something seriously wrong. and when the game is completely broken on one system, and the fog is thicker than a thick crust pizza on another system, its clear not much time was taken to test the update before pushing it through.

these aren't some group of highschool students making a game for fun, this is a company hiring professional people, and paying them, to do this work. and im sure they do the best they can, but when the team is stretched thin to work on so many things at once, and get it all done in a short window of time, ######### can break. and yet somehow there hardly ever seems to be a problem with skins, or charms, or the rift, other than player's preference. i guess i just wish they'd hire more people to work on fixing the game, make sure the game itself works as well as the other stuff. just my preference to play a game that works though i guess.

• Hlidskialf
    Hlidskialf Member Posts: 58

I think is common sense that they are working in a bunch on things. That's why they have multiple teams inside of the company to deal with each part of their business. I'm not going to stop complaining just because "they did their best", "it's free currency", "you should get over this" and etc.

I hope until Tuesday we have a response and then i will stop posting about it.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

They can only sell for that much if people are willing to spend it, so stop spending ridiculous amounts for costumes it affects everyone else! Now that you did well obviously you were willing to pay it, so this sale should not bother you that much. This time people that are willing to spend 9000 will do it, and they should not complain if there is another sale for 5000 shards in a couple of days either.

But yes this was badly handled by them of course, but it's their game they can do whatever they want. They might lose players because of this so, well it's up to them.

This discussion has been closed.