The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This should be a red flag to developers (Freddy OP!!!)

Comments

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Yes, but to get that much hooks, you need to win chases fast. And every time a killer does that, ppl cry he is unfair in a 1v1 situation, and gets nerfed.

• Price_Diaz
    Price_Diaz Member Posts: 5

As a freddy main myself I can agree that he is the most powerful killer I’ve played. All of your points are good and thought out as well as the change ideas. Unfortunately, this probably won’t be implemented which is a shame as bhvr hardly listen to their community anymore

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
  • Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Only thing that they need to change about him is BT not working when you're in the dream world. Everything else about him is fine.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

So, we have one group saying hes fine, maybe needs a small tweak. And the other side screeching because HeS sO oPpReSsIvE OP PLZ NURF. And when questioned "I HAVE OTHER EVIDENCE!!!" But its all circumstancial. No details on items used against and survivor skill. Just that hes easy for you to play so hes op.

Survivor was easy for me to play and I sucked at survivor, should they be nerfed because its easy for me to do well as a low rank survivor?

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Pretty sure the one that’s just red ranks is very similar with Freddy.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It irritates me how much people take "don't take the stats as law" to mean "saying anything that the stats agrees with is INSTANTLY FALSE."

They've shown us he has the highest kill rates both at all ranks, and at rank 1 only. That should be enough to show he's problematic.

Also almost everything OP said is true, he's a VERY low skill cap killer with VERY strong powers, plural. And on top of all of it he has basically no drawback that every other killer has built in. I honestly can't see how he made it through this rework without being 110 when he has cross-map mobility AND slows in a chase.

• DoubleOhMark
    DoubleOhMark Member Posts: 11

I feel like I'm the only person who has read your post properly and not instantly 'but muh killers' responded.

Forever Freddy builds still exist and are absolute cancer to go against. And drawing conclusions or not from these charts, it IS clear that killers do not perform as badly as this entire hilariously biased forum seems to think.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

so you have anecdotal evidence, and stats that shouldn't be used to determine balance. ain't that such an open and shut case?

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

Pallets are ridiculous too, compare his pallets to doctor's. Doctor's pallets are still effective because a survivor might think there's a pallet but then it disappears, I still get survivors down thanks to illusionary pallets but with Freddy's pallets survivors have to interact with them which is ridiculous

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

The evidence not being brilliant doesn't mean that the opposite of what he's saying is true. Plus half the time the devs just say "don't draw conclusions from stats" because they don't want to be told how to make decision more than they already are, and adding that disclaimer gives them an instant free out on any conversation.

• Alice_pbg

the evidence not being good, means what he's saying is not supported by good evidence, therefore shouldn't be viewed as such.

is that such a hard concept to grasp?

they say to not draw conclusions from the stats, because the stats do not take into consideration several variables that would need to be taken into account before they can be properly used to draw conclusions. again, is that such a hard concept to grasp?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888
    edited October 2020

If you watched that Q&A stream my question was the very first one that was answered. The one about updating/buffing Myers. The answer I was given was they looked at Mikey's stats and saw he was in the top half of performing killers. Just like on those charts. So based on that they don't feel he needs any changes to his base kit.

So why can they use those stats to make a judgement like that about Myers but not Freddy?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

They have internal stats that give a much more detailed picture of how things are faring with regards to balance. It's not just "oh, he's got X kill percentage? He's fine."

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited October 2020

They didn't mention any internal stats. The rationalization was Mikey is bringing home the kills based on his stats so he's in a good spot and doesn't need changes.

With the Nurse's stats they explained her high skill cap and how so many people try and fail with her because she is hard to learn. That's why her kill rate is so low. Especially for console players who make up the majority of the player base. That makes sense for her stats even though she is the strongest killer.

They offered no such insights into Mikey's stats when denying him a buff simply because the stats say he brings home a high kill rate. They also said his power is unique (so are most killers even the weak ones). They said they always get positive feedback about Mikey from the community. That I believe is true since most people seem to love playing as or against Mikey. Cannot say the same for Freddy.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The pattern comes from the PREVIOUS data dump where Freddy also had the highest kill rate by a wide margin, both in all ranks AND red ranks (there were 2 charts). This coupled with my experience playing as and against him I can very easily point out the problems, as my experience is pretty consistent with the data dumps.

The straight up fact is that Freddy has too much in his basekit. @TAG and @Weck can say "don't draw conclusions" all they want, they fail to understand, somehow, that such a statement does NOT mean the data is useless. They are strawmaning nothing else, and unless they have a counter point to my actual arguments they are just being spiteful.

• BestGame
    BestGame Member Posts: 69

Freddy OP ? how about SWF ?

I Use Freddy often since already P3.. But, If I Met SWF and they are using good communication + coordination. They still escape 3 or maybe 4 people, if I am not focus enough. and u said Freddy is OP?

How long u have been here ? Ever seen old Freddy, Buddy ?

• thesuicidefox

To be honest after playing new Freddy a bunch I would have been fine with this. I could identify exactly what the problem was with old Freddy and give ideas how to make it better. Namely his biggest problem was that he couldn't do anything to you while you were awake. A simple solution to this would be to make the transition block interactions other than unhooking perhaps. Then he could force you off a gen or a totem and into a chase. I would also have kept the dream clocks that give you another way to wake up. Among some other small things, but these would be the big 2 that would make the biggest positive difference.

• TAG
    edited October 2020

It kinda does, though. I'm not strawmanning at all because I am telling you what the devs are saying, and you are kinda just ignoring it. I'm not presenting a tangential argument and using that to refute your primary claim.

• Alice_pbg

I told you a different way of looking at the stats, where you cannot read "freddy" is op and doing so would be silly.

but yeah...just keep living in this universe where people aren't giving you perfectly reasonable reasons as to why the stats are unreliable at best. totally not disingenuous of you

• TAG

Those ARE the stats they are referring to, though. They're not just using this very basic chart that lacks a lot of factors as their measuring stick for balance.

• thesuicidefox
    edited October 2020

You are strawmaning because you are focusing entirely on my presentation of a chart despite the fact I barely reference it in my points. Like continuously even when me or others have pointed out that "do not draw conclusions" is different than "the charts are meaningless". They are in a vacuum. They aren't when coupled with previous data and other evidence.

The mere fact you have been saying the same tired nonsense for 7 pages now without EVER actually talking about the topic just proves your goal is to strawman and derail the topic. IDGAF what the devs said, these charts have meaning when you can see a very clear pattern with Freddy (highest kill rate by a significant margin for all ranks AND red ranks previously).

Stop trying to derail the thread maybe actually address my arguments. You know full well what you are trying to do, and you keep repeating yourself as if that will make you right and completely negate my entire argument. News flash... it doesn't.

• thesuicidefox
    edited October 2020

Saying "devs said blah" is not a perfectly good reason, especially when I can point to the previous data dump and demonstrate a clear pattern with Freddy. THAT IS THE RED FLAG. My argument in the OP was drawn from not the charts. You claim I am doing that when I am not. That is exactly what strawman is. You draw attention away from my actual argument to make the (false) accusation that I am drawing a conclusions solely from this one chart. Not once do either of you actually address my points or try to refute the evidence other than to say basically "this is completely inadmissible as evidence of anything because the devs said so".

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited October 2020

This is your point of view so please explain it to me with some examples. What kind of internal factors are they neglecting to mention for Mikey when utilizing his kill stats as a reason to deny him a buff?

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 335

Yeh Freddy is way OP. If he had snares OR teleportation then it wouldn't be so bad but no other killer can do as much as he does. I find majority of Freddies sweaty anyways. Also that reach is unreal.

• TAG

That's not strawmanning. I'm not using the chart bit to argue that your overall points regarding Freddy are wrong. I am saying the chart bit is not good evidence and that's it.

Just off the top of my head, Dc rates, perk builds, add-on usage, SWF, offerings, maps.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

No the general public are trying to make this game competitive and want to be able to 1v1 the killer all the time. That's just not going to happen. It's not what the game was based around, and if you need that kind of competitiveness go play a different game.

• Dwight_Fairfield

They don't count dc matches when compiling these stats. They didn't mention perk builds, swf, offerings, maps etc when justifying Nurse's low kill rate. They just talked about her high skill cap which makes her hard to master.

So I don't believe any of those were factors.

• TAG

Those have to be factors with regards to balancing because when determining whether something needs to be re-balanced, you need the context to figure out HOW it might need to be rebalanced.

Also, source on "They don't count dc matches when compiling these stats?"

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

While yes I agree he needs changes I wouldn’t base a lot of why off stats. Those same stats also say nurse needs buffs, ds+ub is fine, as well as OoO not being an issue in swf groups. One last thing is these could all be based off 1k games as we don’t know what the win condition is for these stats.

• Dwight_Fairfield

If those are significant factors then they would have mentioned them when justifying why a killer doesn't need a buff. Because just about every killer can be affected by all those factors. Michael is no different.

The devs said so. @Peanits @MandyTalk can confirm this. They never factor in dc matches when compiling in these stats.

• thesuicidefox

"I'm not using the chart bit to argue that your overall points regarding Freddy are wrong."

Yes you are. You continuously default to this and have not ONCE actually addressed my argument. The fact you keep replying to me or anyone that challenges your false interpretation of the dev's statement just further demonstrates that. Saying it once would have been enough, but you keep bringing it up, despite me or anyone else pointing out that hey, actually there is something to this data as is correlates strongly with previous data, that should at least be enough for the devs to say to themselves "we should investigate this further".

"Just off the top of my head, Dc rates, perk builds, add-on usage, SWF, offerings, maps."

DC rates - First I think that DC's weren't included, IIRC they said that about previous charts, but even if it was that would just suggest there is a problem with the killer because lots of people don't want to play against them.

Perk builds - Irrelevant as we can assume this for other killers yet Freddy is still ahead by a sizeable margin. Plus when we DO consider perk builds, Freddy literally has one of the most oppressive builds in the game via Ruin, Undying, Thana, Sloppy, Swing Chains, and Jump Rope (which you don't even need all that to make it work you can swap out some stuff too).

Add-on usage - Again irrelevant but that's because the only add-ons worth using on Freddy are chains/ropes and paint brush. I bet if we looked at add-on usage for Freddy those add-ons would be clear and above all the others combined. I am positive of this.

SWF - Already said how a 4 man SWF is more broken than Freddy, literally no killer can compete against this. But if we just assume for a moment that all killers have equal numbers of SWF games then Freddy is still ahead.

Offerings - Again I remember them saying mori's didn't count this was just sacc's, but I could be wrong. Despite that, the only offerings that affect the game are mori's and maps.

Maps - Irrelevant because we are looking at an average.

We want to look at the WHOLE. Anyone can point to a super specific setup and say anything they want. "Wraith on Lery's with Ruin, Noed, silent bell, aura read while invis, Undying, and Sloppy is OP against solo players using adept perks." That's literally your argument right now. We can't look at specific types of games we have to look at the whole, and as such the chart is actually the best representation of the average Freddy performance. If his average performance is clearly above all other killers for 2 data dumps in a row, you seriously don't see anything wrong with that? Really? You are going to sit there and tell me that means nothing while saying that this exact specific setup does? It is illogical.

• TAG

"Yes you are."

...no, I'm not. The reason I am not addressing your other arguments is that I don't take issue with your other arguments. Literally the only thing I take issue with is you going "See, the chart confirms I am right." The reason I keep bringing it up is that you are pushing back against that point specifically.

What if I told you that I am not against the notion that Freddy is too strong? What does that change as far as this argument I am having?

• TAG

What I am saying is that those factors ARE looked into when discussing a Killer's given kill rates. If Michael is deemed to be in an acceptable position, then sure. But it ain't because of this one chart. It's because of far more specific and detailed data that they have to draw their conclusion from.

If they straight-up said that, then that's certainly fair and I'll concede that part.

• thesuicidefox
    edited October 2020

"Literally the only thing I take issue with is you going "See, the chart confirms I am right." The reason I keep bringing it up is that you are pushing back against that point specifically."

The fact that it is consistent as it is WITH PREVIOUS DATA means that yes, it does confirm something. Couple with my experience and my points then it is very clear that the charts suggest something, that something being "Freddy is too strong".

You are fighting back to derail the thread and nothing else. Don't sit there and tell me otherwise there is literally no reason for you to reply as much as you do repeating the same statement that several of us now have pointed out is just flat out wrong.

No reasonable person would sit here and say "yea I agree with you but that chart means nothing".

• TAG

No because they've said the exact same thing about the previous data for the same reason. Unreliable data matching up with previous unreliable data doesn't suddenly make both sets of data reliable.

I keep replying arguing about the same thing because you (and others) keep contesting the one thing that I take issue with. The fact that several people agree with you doesn't mean any more than the fact that several people agree with me.

The chart is not reliable data. I don't need to believe Freddy is strong, weak, balanced, or anything in between those things to believe that.

• Lufanati
    Lufanati Member Posts: 198

half of Freddy's kills are survivors DCing because they want a killer they can loop and slam gens out in 4 minutes.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Still can't believe that no one is talking about Pig's 2.88% pick rate in correlation to her HUGE 62.09% (!!!) kill rate!

• Lufanati

genius idea. Wraith would be much stronger if you could only see his shimmer from within where his terror radius would be otherwise. Blood lodge would no longer be a DC map.

• thesuicidefox

Again unreliable data is not the same as incomplete data. There is nothing unreliable about these charts, you just can't draw a conclusion EXCLUSIVELY from them is what the devs are saying. However if previous data lines up as does my experience then that should be enough to convince a reasonable person that Freddy is too strong.

• thesuicidefox
    edited October 2020

I'm gonna go make some alt accounts to vote this up some more.

Mods I'm joking don't ban me.

Still can't believe you strawman this hard and still can't make an actual argument.

Also where is the other evidence to support your claim? You have none? Yea that's what the devs talk about when they say "don't draw conclusions from the chart." My conclusions were not drawn from the chart, the chart merely supports my conclusions.

• Lufanati

This place is kind of the opposite of an echo chamber. Sometimes I see opinions so far-out and ridiculous I wonder if the OP has even played the game, or is just making conclusions based off their favorite stream or something.

• TAG

Disagree. One can certainly make arguments over whether a character is balanced or not using evidence. The charts being presented are simply poor evidence and don't really help the point being made, regardless of what that point may be.

• thesuicidefox

"Poor evidence" because the devs said "don't draw conclusions from the chart"? No sorry, the conclusions weren't drawn from the chart, the chart merely supports what I said.

If I said "Nurse is really hard to play, and the chart supports this" would that still be wrong?

• Lufanati

the charts are completely unreliable. They don't take into account trolls, afks, DCs, wildly mismatched matchmaking, killers farming, killers giving hatch, etc. There's a reason the devs themselves said it was garbage data.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    edited October 2020

What do you mean?

I already said I played as and against Pig at red ranks and talked about her powers and add-ons in a previous post.

• thesuicidefox

To which I say your arguments are incredibly weak and poorly thought out. I actually go into great detail. Not to mention I have a second set of charts to further support my claims. You also never made this claim previously, whereas I could go back and show you where I said Freddy is too strong before last week.

Again I came to the conclusions that Freddy was too strong on my own. My very consistent experience as/against him and then 2 sets of data is a lot more valid than your clearly facetious post.

• thesuicidefox

Which one would be safe to assume that all killers get relatively equal amounts of this stuff. It's not like Freddy gets more troll or AFK or bad MM more than some other killer. All things equal and he is still ahead.

Also they said they don't count DC's.