BHVR thanks for forcing me into crossplay

Options

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

It is NOT an optional feature to turn crossplay on. You are trying to use an optional feature that results in a smaller more selective playerbase. It’s only logical to have longer queue times this way.

you are asking for people that don’t want a smaller playerbase to suffer longer queue times just because of selfish reasons.

it is not a penalty, BHVR is not at fault, they can’t and shouldn’t dictate other players to play with a smaller playerbase of only selective platforms just because you say so. A great majority of those players WANT to play with crossplay on, even if you can’t understand it.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

Yeah, I've seen 1 hacker maybe I'm not 100% on that since it could've been a bug, I hit the survivor and of course they got a boost, but went in the air and was walking on the sky basically.

Other than that one time when crossplay first came out, that's it.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

1) it is not punishment, when you make a choice you have to accept the results of this choice. punishment is an intentional response to your choice. for instance you choose to disconnect during game play the system awards you a time penalty (punishment) where you can't play. but the thing is if you want to equate the two, then do so. Thing is a punishment is a directed action against you when you choose to do something against a rule. there is no rule saying you can not turn it off, but the end result because there are fewer xbox series x players is that you get longer wait times.

2) I have played matches with steam players when I matched them randomly and they had turned off their crossplay. so I can tell you that you are incorrect that it is only those that have disabled the feature.

3) the xbox series x is a seperate platform from the Xbone. just as the microsoft store is a separate platform from the steam store. this is a decision that microsoft made in how it treats the series x consoles.

4) just because you lept at the oppertunity to get a series x console doesn't mean others have to nor does it mean you will have the same player base you had on the xbone for many reasons.

• zackdaylight
    zackdaylight Member Posts: 190
    Options

The difference is that PC has all the advantages over console. I honestly shouldn’t even need to be explaining that part to you.. and yes and no, it is the option they want to have, BUT it’s because the devs made him choose between the 2 options by forcing it

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Crossplay doesn't exist on Borderlands. You can't play with a PC player from Xbox.

This is a DBD issue not a Series X issue. Series X is still the same Xbox platform as Xbox One. My console is more powerful, that's it.

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387
    Options

You have the ability to turn cross play off? Can you uncheck the box? Yes.

If you uncheck the box, do you still get to play the game even if queue times are longer? Yes.

In not seeing a problem here. You still can play, it's just longer. YOU are in control of how long queue times are, based on your participation in the system.

Complain til you're blue in the face. The vast majority of us want cross play on. Tough booby. This isn't bullying, this is stating the facts. You don't like the facts and you just want to throw a temper tantrum. That's it

Stop being a child. Now.

• Freki
    Options

forcing it would be having crossplay on and not being able to turn it off. if the option exists to turn it off then it is NOT forced. pc has longer queue times just like the consoles.

If the game has 100,000 players playing at any one time over all platforms, and you turn off crossplay you will not have 100,000 players to match to.... that would be silly and mathematically impossible. here: steam: 50K, xbone 20K, ps4 20K, ps5 and series X 5K each so remove the other platforms you must have less than the total!

• Mooks
    Options

XBox series X is another platform though. It needs a crossplay feature to play with other XBox platforms

• thesuicidefox
    Options

"you are asking for people that don’t want a smaller playerbase to suffer longer queue times just because of selfish reasons."

LOL no. I'm saying that you shouldn't be separated from your own platform if they select a different option than you. If the system prioritized your own platform and then used crossplay to speed up the process only it would be fine and no one would have a problem with that because your que time wouldn't be worse than if no option existed. It would stay the same for everyone that has it off, and then get faster if you turn it on.

Right now it is SLOWER than normal if you turn it off, and is only normal speed if you turn you on.

The fact you guys insist I play with crossplay and then say I'm wrong for wanting what SHOULD be the normal non-crossplay experience that existed before crossplay became a thing is mind boggling.

• thesuicidefox
    edited November 2020
    Options

IT IS NOT.

If it were then I wouldn't be able to play with anyone on any game unless crossplay exists and I turn it on.

So far the only game where this is a thing is DBD. In games where crossplay doesn't even exist I can play with friends.

• Mooks
    Options

It shouldn’t be the normal experience to have non-crossplay. You are in the Great minority to think it should. There are way more benefits for it to have crossplay and the feature was implemented fairly well.

you can’t even give a logical reason why it should be normal to have it off. I am not asking for a reason, we all know you don’t have one. But there still are good reasons to have this feature.

• Mooks
    Options

For those games crossplay does exist but it only exists for specific platforms and there is no option to turn it on or off.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

JUst because they don't have it using a global crossplay icon doesn't mean it doesn't have it in some capacity enabled. From what I've seen about the game, they too have a global crossplay system in the works for more systems, but to give you an idea, even the Steam and Epic store versions of the game require a form crossplay in order to play together. Not exactly a smoking gun piece of evidence to the contrary.

• Ryuhi
    Options

I gotta ask: How are you getting access to the source code for all these new games that are still in active development? You seem to be pretty damn sure of this, despite it being both illogical and unfounded. Could it be that you are possibly misunderstanding how it works?

Also, I really wish this was my biggest problem with this game, lmao.

• zackdaylight
    Options

You’re just going on and on about the same thing and not even listening to a word anybody else is saying. I’ll explain it one last time and if you still don’t understand then I’m done. PC players have all the advantages, they don’t need to turn crossplay off. They have better aiming, graphics, load times, etc. they already have their own hackers and can’t gain more by turning crossplay on. Even if they turn it off they will still have their own hackers. So stop comparing PC to this because you obviously have no clue what you’re talking about. Secondly there are DIFFERENT KINDS of “FORCING” if the government controls you and they only give you 2 options to choose from. Option 1 is you pay $200 for a burger and that’s it and option 2 is you have to wait on a longggg line for a small amount of food where you might not even have a chance to get any of the food that day. It could be 2 days from now, is that forcing? Are they forcing you to pay $200? No, but that option will have a lot of downsides like making you go broke, etc. and the other is that you won’t be able to eat for a long time.

they forced it by making it automatically activated so people like myself wouldn’t care enough to turn it off.

there is 0 reason for you to turn off cross platform on PC and a dozen reasons for you to turn it off on console. If you really can’t comprehend that then.. idk..

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

id like to turn mine off, crossplay with other platforms makes for a world of bad latency. thats not even going into pc advantages such as filters, stretch res or even the few hackers you encounter. but sadly im forced to have it on or wait and hour for a killer lobby

• zackdaylight
    Options

Yes there are a lot of modders and hackers. Way more than there is on consoles ;) and you can find your own proof.

but the OP was talking about how cross platform is automatically activated so if he wanted to play on Xbox servers only he would have to turn it off. But in order for him to only get paired up with Xbox players, other Xbox players would have to also turn off cross platform but most people won’t do that or even realize it’s there. I found a few lobbies with cross platform turned off but I do agree that it’s stupid for it to be automatically turned on. It’s basically forcing you to play cross platform because this game takes a while to find lobbies already, and with 85% of the community with cross platform automatically activated and left on, it makes it so much longer to find a game.

• Freki
    Options

I don't have a clue? you are now trying to bring examples of the governement in on this thread? 1) the xbox series x is a different platform than the xbox one. 2) there are less xbox series x users than the xbox one users. 3) "PC doesn't need to turn crossplay off???" well when cross play was implemented you saw posts here how crappy people thought it was to be "FORCED" to play against the crappy console players (which I know there are some GREAT console players) so they turned their crossplay off. what did it do? it increased the lobby times for them. this part of what i have said before was to show that turning crossplay off has the same end result. I did not compare times between them and what not.

if you have issues for the fact the series x is a different platform then take that up with microsoft who MADE it different. you might say windows 2000, xp, 7, 8, and windows 10 are all different platforms! for a game that ran on windows xp it needs a program called dosbox to run on windows 10. this is an endless argument because you don't know crap about pc's apparently since you think that pc's don't HAVE to turn it off... but what does that have to do with the price of tea in china? Microsoft made xbox series X a different platform with new coding and that makes the program called dead by daylight act differently since it requires different coding to work. it is you two who do not understand that you were buying a different platform or just blissfully ignored it. by your logic behavior is making people upgrade their systems and consoles to get the NEW graphics! guess what, you're not complaining about that because you are the ones benefiting from it.... so I guess I really don't know anything about this what so ever.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

LOL Yes it should.

I bought an Xbox to play on Xbox. You're literally just saying I should have no choice but to play crossplay which is funny considering how you accuse me of forcing others to play the way I want.

If the game let's me play with my friends on Xbox and it doesn't have crossplay, it's a pretty safe guess that crossplay doesn't exist in any capacity on Xbox.

I am on Xbox I can play with Xbox players on any other game. I can even go play Gears 4 with crossplay off and it works. DBD is literally the only game where I'm forced to turn on crossplay to play with people on my platform.

But yes I totally need access to the games' source codes to make my statements. 🙄 C'mon dude.

• Ryuhi
    Options

It doesn't have crossplay yet uses crossplay to play between steam and epic. that was kinda my point. You're conflating "it just works because xbox" without understanding how network communications in games works. limited crossplay is still crossplay, but is oftentimes not advertised as such when it is a game supported by a larger variety of consoles unless it supports all of them. console exclusives are terrible examples since their crossplay would never include opposing platforms (like switch or ps4/5)

• thesuicidefox
    Options

It's not a different platform. It is Xbox. My console is just more powerful. If I shouldn't need to enable crossplay in other games where it exists to play with Xbox players, I shouldn't have to do it in DBD.

• zackdaylight
    Options

Bro ######### are you talking about?? I never once brought up the new consoles. I’m talking about consoles in general. I don’t even have either of the new consoles. And yes I talked about the government to give you another example because you obviously aren’t getting the other examples we were giving you. And obviously you still haven’t gotten them. But if OP is talking about how he is forced to use cross play to connect to other Xbox consoles then that’s on him, his original post comment made it sound like he is mad about cross play in general not that he has to use it to connect to other Xbox users

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

They have the choice however they know that having it disabled will ruin queue time therefore they don't have much of a choice. Sitting there with not much of a choice the op is disgruntled and sees it as no choice at all.

Op, do you think that having the choice to be matched with certain platforms will help matters or just make it all worse?

• Ryuhi
    Options

Oh, does that mean that it works on 360 as well? maybe the OG? they're both Xbox too, so clearly theyre the same too.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

Well yeah... Everyone asked for cross play and if you don't like it you just have to accept it and deal with it or take the longer queue times. Even if you give a negative review of it compared to the rest of the feedback you'll just be that tiny drop in a big bucket.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

The jump from 360 to One is WAY bigger than from One to Series X.

The first is an actual generation gap. The second is just a more powerful console. The Xbox One was the first in a line of Xbox that are all essentially the same platform. Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X. All the same platform just varying power of the console.

Like when I play an Xbox One game without Series X enhancements I'm not playing a backwards compatible game like if I went to play a 360 game.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

I shouldn't need to enable crossplay to play with other Xbox players though. I don't need to enable it in any other game.

• Minerrem
    Minerrem Member Posts: 30
    Options

OBJECTION! Ive played with my xbox one friends on dbd with crossplay on i even made new xbox friends, u see the globe next to their name? Thats someone on different platform but ive gotten games that easily had only xbox survivors so yes u can play with people on your platform u are just butthurt that pc has an advantage cause faster turning to look cause they dont use controller, and the wait times are long without crossplay... Crossplay is actually a good thing so we console players dont wait 16 years for a match... So just stop trying to make the devs do something bad, u deserve the long wait times if u think ita bad

• Minerrem
    Options

If u dont see the globe u are playing with same platform

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Which means OP prioritizes queue times over excluding other platforms. Personally, I prioritize queue times over everything else, so I just go with whatever options make them shorter.

The matchmaker is not getting reworked to impose the will of a minority of players who don't like crossplay onto everyone else. If someone wants to disable crossplay they can, but they also have to bite the bullet and accept the consequences of having a smaller player pool.

If I'm wrong and the players who don't like crossplay are, in fact, a majority, then by biting the bullet the problem of long queues will solve itself. If, on the other hand, I'm right and they're a minority, then they have to learn to live with the consequences of purposefully constricting their player pool.

Is it a perfect system? No. However, it's entirely in the players' hands.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

You only got matched in a room full of Xbox players with crossplay on. If someone has it off they won't get matched with you even if you are on Xbox.

• Orion
    Options

Which is the only way that makes sense. Run the numbers, see how many players with crossplay disabled would be necessary to effectively disable crossplay for the entire playerbase on any given platform. My guess is, not many.

• thesuicidefox
    edited November 2020
    Options

No one is imposing their will here except you guys.

Maybe people with crossplay off are a minority but that doesn't change the fact the system should prioritize your platform and let you match with people on your platform regardless of their crossplay option (literally how every other crossplay option works in other games). Again no one puts on crossplay to SPECIFICALLY AND ONLY play with players on another platform (unless they are friends). They do it for faster que times, but that means that the minority is punished for wanting to play the game a different way. That shouldn't be a thing. I should have the same que times as before crossplay was added, and the ones who turn it on should benefit from faster que times without negatively affecting the current que times.

You won't get it though. I just know it.

• Orion
    Options

the system should prioritize your platform and let you match with people on your platform regardless of their crossplay option.

That's the same as disabling crossplay outside certain time periods.

That shouldn't be a thing. I should have the same que times as before crossplay was added, and the ones who turn it on should benefit from faster que times without negatively affecting the current que times.

That's not mathematically possible. Unfortunately, queue times are a zero-sum game - shortening the queues for some will increase the queues for others. The goal is to have everyone experience more or less the same (hopefully short) queue times.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

This makes 0 sense when other games do it just fine.

Gears 4, for example will match you with other Xbox players regardless if they have crossplay enabled or not. The game just doesn't put a PC player in the lobby if someone has it off.

Sorry I'm not buying this. DBD is the only game where crossplay is a problem, whether I'm on Series X or not.

• Minerrem
    Options

Prioritize one platform over another with crossplay isnt crossplay... Its just the old system, i dont think u understand that also i hope santa brings u a dictionary cause bullying isnt what we are doing, they are not forcing u to play crossplatform if there was no option to turn it off then yes its forcing but theres an option to turn it off so its not forcing, a dictonary would help with that, by the way u wanna see bullying i can show u it, but i wont, cause im a more sophisticated as close to normal as an adhd human being can be

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413
    Options

@thesuicidefox I think the reason people are being a bit "direct" with you is that you're imposing your own opinion on them about crossplay. And you did say you didn't like it because people from other platforms were bad (which you did mention something about a Lery's hook looper). It seems like you want BHVR to bow to your wants/opinions, I'm not saying you are but that's what most people are taking this as.

It was said before, crossplay allows much better queue times. And aside from differences in machine performance, there is no real reason to have it off. But at least you have a choice. If you don't want crossplay that's fine, but you can't expect others to turn theirs off for you. BHVR isn't responsible for your choices, you need to compromise on stuff like this. The benefit of crossplay outweighs the problems with it. And that is directly from what the playerbase wanted (which was shorter queue times).

• Minerrem
    Options

xbox has faster que times before the cross play? I think u need to learn what fast means

• thesuicidefox
    Options

LOL who is imposing anything? If you want it on or off I don't care. I just don't want to be punished for turning it off, both because I chose to get a Series X (I am still on Xbox, crossplay shouldn't be required) AND because now my que times are LONGER than before crossplay was even added. THOSE ARE MY COMPLAINTS, I AM BEING FORCED TO ENABLED AN OPTIONAL FEATURE OF CROSSPLAY.

Dear lord this place is awful. Why I don't post much, because every time I do people do exactly what is being done in this thread. Now a mod came in and is more or less telling me oh well deal with it, you have to turn on crossplay to play on Xbox. Gee thanks, but right I'm the bully here.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Yes it did compared to having crossplay off now it was faster. It's only faster than before if you use crossplay.

How is it you guys can't understand this simple thing?

• Orion
    Options

Choices have consequences. You are not being "forced" to do anything, nor are you being "punished" for turning off an optional feature. These are consequences you knowingly accept when you disable crossplay.

• Mooks
    Options

You have to accept the fact that XBox Series X is a new gen console and not just another iteration of the Xbox One.

and use at least other words than ‚punished‘ and ‚forced‘, those do not fot in here at all.

you are not happy with the system, which is okay. But be more rational about it.

• thesuicidefox
    edited November 2020
    Options

My choices are...

(On Series X)

1. Turn on crossplay
    2. Don't play.

(for normal Xbox)

1. Turn on crossplay.
    2. Suffer with que times longer than if crossplay didn't exist, sometimes never being able to find a match.

DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM. I am forced to play with crossplay if I want to actually play the game.

You can't seriously sit there and say it's fair to force me to use an optional feature. My choices are literally play with crossplay or don't play at all. THAT IS NOT A CHOICE. I am being forced to use crossplay. How you can deny this is honestly astounding.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

IT IS NOT. This issue only exists in DBD. I don't have to enable crossplay in other games to play with Xbox players.

This thread is getting ridiculous. It's almost like none of you actually care to understand my point and just want to argue.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

The reason we ask is because it is sooo weird. It is like a mind tick just burrowing into our brain hearing this crazy statement.

If you said you only eat only toast with a duck in a room while watching Season 3 of Friends, while dressed in only blue clothe, it would be equally as odd. calling out ps4 AND pc players togher is too bizarre. I will die confused on this topic. I will be haunted forever.

• Mooks
    Options

It is. Everyone is saying so. Even the creator of the platform and the creator of the game.

other games use another system to enable crossplay between Xbox gens.

you are the one not accepting this fact.

This discussion has been closed.