BHVR thanks for forcing me into crossplay

1235»

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

But honestly.Why should BHVR change the way how crossplay works if there aren't any functional issues with it?

Only thing that does is wasting manpower and risking to break something in the process.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

If it was then I would need to enable crossplay in every other game to play with my friends on Xbox.

I do not. Therefore Xbox One and Series X are actually the same platform. Next gen in this case merely means a more powerful console. It does NOT me a completely separate platform that is incompatible with last gen consoles.

• thesuicidefox

Not being able to play unless you enable an option feature isn't a functional issue? Are you kidding me here?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

I have told you many times as have others.

those games have implemented crossplay between different Xbox platforms. They are ‚forcing‘ everyone to use this crossplay feature, there is no option to turn it off and they are not informing the playerbase about crossplay.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

no it is Not. There is no force involved, just unfortunate circumstances that let you not play the game, which is not the fault of BHVR.

• thesuicidefox
    edited November 2020

If my only options are turn on crossplay or don't play, that's pretty forced dude. And it is entirely their fault for implementing an back ass wards crossplay. No other game does it this way. No other game has it on by default.

Right except DBD can't do that for some reason. All I am asking for is that I can turn off crossplay and still play with Xbox players LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME OUT THERE.

I'm about to have an aneurysm.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

People don't even get basic accessibility options like a colorblind mode after 4 years even though it seriously impacts the quality of their games.

I don't think BHVR would ever change crossplay the way it is only because a handful of people prefer to play on their own plattform.

• thesuicidefox

I'm not exaggerating.

On Series X for DBD I MUST enable crossplay to play with other Xbox players, or to play the game at all. No other game requires me to enable crossplay to play with Xbox players.

And regarding the que times, YES sometimes it is impossible to find a game if you turn off crossplay. I've literally waited in lobbies for upwards of 10 minutes before I find a game. Sometimes my friends and I have waited 20 minutes and never found a game if it was like early on a Monday or something. There are plenty of people playing the game on Xbox, but the game doesn't match me with them because we have different crossplay options.

Don't sit there and tell me I'm exaggerating when you don't even know what's going on.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

this thread is about the xbox series x and how it is considered a different platform than the previous xbox, the xbox one. I guess you lost that in all the switch backs the op had with what he was talking about. to sum up: OP got an xbox series x console, the new generation of consoles and is upset that he no longer has the xbox one pool of players when he selects to turn off crossplay and thus he feels he is being forced to use it because he expected the full amount of players in crossplay enabled match making to be available to his xbox series x console. this is not possible because it is but one platform supported by the game of dead by daylight and being new it only has a fraction of the players on the console.

I hope you understand now. this person thinks that because it has the name xbox in it that it is not a different platform. Thing is before the new gen consoles came out no one complained about the crossplay after the initial pc is crap, console is crap bs died down, and players realized that crossplay is better in the long run. suddenly with the advent of the new gen consoles, this person has an issue? color me surprised he or she can not remember if they only have an issue with the longer match making times or isn't getting any matches.

• thesuicidefox

Again, telling me I should just shut up and use a feature I don't want, but somehow that's not bullying. Sure.

This discussion has been closed.