The amount of hate this game generates

124»

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Oh believe me I agree with you 100%.

This is why I play to win rather than play for rank these days. Playing for rank, like you said, is a band-aid fix for poor design choices.

The ranking system for Killers should always have remained being based on kills and kills alone.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

I didn’t play like anything. Like I explained in the post, they played very poorly and tried to aggressively rescue in front of a Bubba. There was literally nothing I could do to prolong the game other than getting out of my chair and leaving my PC. I didn’t have fun either, so they might as well just accept the loss and just move on.

But what a leap of judgement, but don’t worry it’s not just you, many people jump to conclusions to fit their narrative.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,117

That's before my time. I've only ever known this stupid emblem system that doesn't even take killers' powers into account. Not that it's good for survivors, either, who often get relegated to one or two roles during a match and so their BP and/or emblems suffer. It's so ridiculous, the game has to be designed so that it's fun for both sides, you can't force players to make it fun for each other.

The game's lack of structure is theoretically part of its charm but it's so bad for the health of the game. A killer can down all four survivors in the first 60 seconds and end the match. Survivors can rush through gens. Or a match could go on for an hour for no good reason.

I get a bit tired of the "you should play the way I want!" nonsense. It's not the players' fault the game is like this, nor is it their responsibility to fix it. Nice to see other people who realize the problem is with DbD itself. The killer vs survivor mentality that's so prevalent blinds a lot of people to where the issues actually lie.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Remembet, the cote has said before that dbd should feel frustrating.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

Sometimes it’s just easier to not say anything

lf l smack a team and get a 4k without a gen being done or it’s a 5 minute game because l slugged them, as much as l want to say gg, unfortunately it wasn’t.

same if a game gets 5 gens done in 5 mins and everyone gets out without the killer touching anyone, it simply wasn’t a gg

Someone needs to invent a new word that says thanks for the game even when it’s a smacking that dosnt sound condescending.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

Well you have the clarification right here folks, although I'm not sure a whole batch of users would instantly get banned after the evidence is reported as well. The player base still seems to be 50k counting up or down, so I'm not too sure on the staff actually handling every report since they don't want to keep losing players which means less consumers.

• weirdkid5

That seems counterintuitive. Allowing people like this to remain in the game is going to push players away as it is.

Plus, do you really want these customers if they act like this?

If the answer is yes, then you pretty much admit you prefer cash over human decency. That's a great way to lose business as well.

• Zeon_99

People don't want to play games where there's people wishing death upon them and being called slurs in every other game, which would be the reality of the games state if they never banned anyone for anything. Toxic communities is what pushes a good number of people away, so Id rather trade out all the scumbags for other people.

• Lefrongo
    edited December 2020

I didn't say I did, this happens with almost any PVP game for that matter, you can keep miscontruing my argument all you want but it'll remain a fallacy. Also I'm gonna add into what the moderator has said, this keeps being brought back in a circle. No matter what game it is it'll keep continue, a few examples of salt and toxicity happen in other games can be considered the following: Overwatch, Super Smash Bros, Tekken or any fighting game heck even an FPS like call of duty if you must. The toxic saltiness is there but that's what makes it funny, some people even pretend to be mad for the hell of it since they just want to laugh. This isn't a technical issue either, it's a global one for any online game; this is why people don't even communicate at all. A few people just don't argue or say anything due to this, they just play the game win/lose and then go on about their day.

This is probably one of those games you just love to play and hate at the same time, same can be said for other mentioned games as explained above. Imagine focusing so much on all this drama instead of trying to fix technical issues of the game right? That's not what matters, keeping the game in balance is what matters along with supporting the developers if they're willing to fix the game's current state, so sometimes paying can give them that support. It's what keeps the servers up and running, people can criticize as much as they want but what matters is the traffic and the money BHVR is getting, if it pleases a huge audience then they're doing something right.

• weirdkid5

And those people should continue to get banned, rather than it just being glossed over. I didn't misconstrue anything you said.

Regardless if it is always going to happen, it should still have consequences. That's all there is to it.

Overwatch, a game you used as an example, is very quick to ban people that act toxic, and you're even notified in-game that your report caused someone to get punished.

Just because you find it funny doesn't mean others do

• Lefrongo
    edited December 2020

That sounds like a lot of survivors that have switched to killer just to get a few feel good revenging, oh man you sure taught me a lesson! Wow who would've ever thought that they would come back with a character that will most likely lead them to a win! Also check my post again, you don't have to keep posting, simply edit it your last post. I'm sure any survivor who has had enough would switch to a killer or any other survivor to try and get a labeled "gg ez game bro" as they see their rank getting higher.

I was watching a friend play this and they get a party of red ranks, isn't that some fair matchmaking? Wow again I applaud you for your effort in your statements! If there isn't such thing as a "bad matchmaking system" then what do we have here? We're expecting people to not be salty about stuff like this? Right man, believe what you want but it doesn't mean it's truth.

Survivor or killer it doesn't matter because it's inevitable you're gonna get salty at this game, there might be a way to fix this though. If there was an implementation where a casual gamemode is made for the people who just play casually instead of being competitive then they should release something of the sort. You can keep leveling up and upgrading your characters but the ranked mode is where the competition is, for those who are interested.

• Zeon_99

Comment under the wrong post? Because this doesn't make sense with the context of what anyone is talking about.

• weirdkid5

Glad I'm not the only one who's confused. His last post doesn't sound like it's addressing my points whatsoever.

• Lefrongo

If we're talking from the amount of hate this game gets, towards the salty and toxic people who've had enough, switching to killers in order to get some revenge done then that just adds more fuel to the fire, it's still pretty relevant and even so the reporting can still be made but it doesn't mean it will be taken care of right away. If you read what someone else has commentated; their report tickets weren't even handled at all because all of the messages they were getting looked automated. As if a regular person wasn't even talking to them, they look like bots. You can add humility all you want, you've already proved you're not adding any input to the conversation.

What's the difference if you're gonna see toxicity in the game? Where as a game like Call Of Duty can have the most toxic fanbase since they actually have voice chat to begin with? I don't see any difference at all, if people are telling others to go off themselves because of how they played the game then their own thing. Handle drama at your own leisure, the only thing we have to worry is people hacking the game to get an advantage. Again this is a global issue, it'll continue happening. I don't even hate the game, I still have fun with it even when playing with friends.

I don't think every report will get handled if both parties are each other's aggressors since it seems to be a hate filled drama bandwagon. It's up to the staff team to handle that.

• KeiOrtem
    KeiOrtem Member Posts: 252

I will never understand people. Had a game a week back where we were against a Ghostface that tunneled a guy the moment he got off hook and refused to hit anyone else until he got this guy. Afterwards I asked why he did that then he went off on a tangent. Later on I got a message on instagram and it was from the killer trying to ######### talk me. He literally Googled me and then began live tweeting about his harassing me. I reported them in steam, in game, insta, and Twitter but sadly nothing came of it.

• Zeon_99

Ignoring all reports of harassment and chalking it up as "people being people" and let every post game chat turn into a contest of who can make the most death threats, say the N word the most, and be as as scummy as possible before the lobby ends definitely isnt the route the game should go if it wants to stay alive. I'm glad the devs and forum moderators are passionate about these things. Believe it or not, people are actually turned off from playing a game when they google said game and the results have videos and reviews talking about how the community is extremely toxic and unforgiving.

Your whole point comes from the viewpoint of "Its bound to happen anyways, so why try to stop it?" which sounds silly when inserted into other things. "Arresting murderers isn't going to stop murders from happening, so why not just legalize it and let it happen? Arresting them isn't going to prevent murders in the first place. Other countries have worse murder rates so what's even the point of trying to keep it at bay?" Does it sound silly yet or do I have to give more examples.

• Lefrongo
    edited December 2020

Except that real murders in this matter have nothing to do with what I'm stating, another person right here misconstruing my statements. I'm not telling them to not report or even the staff ban offenders, I just don't see any of it happening. I pointed out that the person who reported tickets and talked about people who harassed them; when reported they were just given automated messages. That's why I said handle drama at your own leisure, because even if reported is it likely they will get banned? That's not something we don't know because we don't get emails of reports being handled. Where in the game "Overwatch" they do give you a notification if the person in question who has been reported has been handled. If we're reporting someone we should at least be notified if they were dealt with, there's a lack of communication in that. There's bound to be drama everywhere dude, if there's a toxic scenario with a current toxic player after the end of the match I just continue without saying anything; something some players do is to not communicate after a match. Therefore it's neutral if nobody says a thing, because nothing negative or positive was said right after the match.

"Just play something else"

Imagine saying this instead of trying to fix the issues the game currently has and I know this isn't even a recent video, but still pretty relevant. Videogames are also a business buddy! Don't ever forget that.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Red rank survivor, red rank killer. 3000 hours plus played.

So nah. I think I have a pretty good grasp of how this game goes.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

People suck, and people often hide under the anonymity of the internet to tell people stupid #########.

Don't hold what these people say about you to heart, ignore, report, and don't blame yourself for it.

• Zeon_99

Because you are not making any sense nor are you giving a clear response to what you're trying to say. Its like you're trying to make 8 points in one comment.

So just because you don't see it, it doesn't happen? I've seen numerous mods say that people get banned for such things as above and we have no real reason to doubt that. I don't need an ego boost from an email saying that they got banned, I just want them gone because no one deserves any of that.

Not saying anything after a match is fine if that's what you want to do, but you don't have to say anything for people to start spouting off all of that hate in that chat or on your steam profile. Sure, you can privatize your steam and turn of chat, but why not just ban the people who are being offensive instead.

Don't understand at all what you mean by videogames being a business. I'm assuming you mean why ban customers, but numerous people have quit the game due to toxicity and the rampant toxicity at lower ranks will push new players away. BHVR is doing many things to help new players and also giving us multiple options to handle people who break guidelines, so they already shown their stance on who's the most important.

• weirdkid5

Having that many hours has nothing to do with understating how Survivors actually play the game lmao

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

You're the one that brought up red rank play as if I don't understand red rank play. Nevermind that my last game was with three rank 1s and I died on my second hook because of their lack of awareness.

Again, sure you can all split up on gens and apply early pressure, but how often does that happen really?

And again, a reason that doesn't happen often is partly because survivors are playing to scrape the killer. They're playing chill and trying to make it fun. They open chests, they search and cleanse totems, they unhook and heal. For the most part they're not trying to win the match on three minutes.

You seem like you'd be the guy at the party that I'd roll my eyes at and avoid. Smartest guy on the room vibes that only cares about his enjoyment.

Games are meant to be fun for everyone. They won't always be, but you don't have to go out of your way to make them unenjoyable for others. Conscious choice on your part. And this isn't an e-sport or else, sure I'd sort of see your point.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    edited December 2020

Like I said, low hanging fruit.

We can just assume you're a good faith actor, or we could consider you went fishing.

I think its naïve to assume that just because you say it, that's how it played out. Especially because as I said, you knew what you were wading into.

• MikaKim
    edited December 2020

So because the OP told you what happened, you nod your head knowingly.

Thanks for yet more low hanging fruit.

FYI, opinions are like cents, everyone's got them. I'm curious what really happened.

• MikaKim

You just assume the OP was being truthful? You know there's a world for of scam artists right?

• MikaKim

You're nearly at 1.5k posts and you just assume what everyone tells you in this forum is the truth?

hahahahaha

• MikaKim

I already addressed this point, before you posted.

Read.

• MikaKim

That's an assumption, based off a one sided perspective. from the person that POSTED it. Like I'm sure they would have posted something that undermined their own perspective😬 . I'm sorry, would you like your low hanging fruit back?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Explain what someone can do in a video game that justifies wishing death upon them. Then we can address the idea of whether or not OP is lying.

• MikaKim

I already addressed this, so go back and read, because I explicitly state it's not justified. Your making assumptions.

• Orion

I didn't make assumptions, that's why I asked.

If we agree it's not justified, then the matter of what OP "really" did is irrelevant. Putting aside the fact that there's no way someone can have a conversation with you if your starting point is "this person is lying to me", it's like defending a mass shooting that was prompted by someone accidentally bumping into someone else. It's not justified, so what prompted it is irrelevant.

• MikaKim
    edited December 2020

That is your mistake.

You can state its not relevant, but you're missing 2 key things.

1) They're already going to be punished (Assuming it was reported, assuming BHVR does it's job).

2) These things don't happen in a vacuum. I mean you can simplify it and say 'well they're bad people' which they are. But it doesn't stop it happening again. Mass shootings or otherwise.

My point is that this ENTIRE thread is is just low hanging fruit. Your statements are based of a set of rules, artificially generated by the devs, in a game no less, that could change tomorrow.

• Orion

I've been slugged before and somehow managed to never wish death upon someone. I don't care what OP did or didn't do, the fact is they're not to blame for other people being sore losers.

Your statements are based of a set of rules, artificially generated by the devs, in a game no less, that could change tomorrow.

All rules are artificial, they're all man-made and could change tomorrow. How is this relevant when I'm addressing the game? Should I be using a different set of artificial rules to judge the game?

• MikaKim

You talked about mass shootings relative to a game, one ruleset is infinitely more important than the other. Man-made or not. I was the one putting things into perspective for you. Not sure why you wanna flex over something I was telling you, but w/e.

But really your just skipping over my points that highlighted the short comings of your points, that much is obvious.

So I'll just be straight, I don't care if you've been slugged, camped, tunneled w/e and what your response to that is. It's not even relevant to what I've been saying. Your entire argument seems to be 'yea, but you first' that's it.

At 17.5k posts, I suspect were looking at quantity of quality amirite?

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

I already addressed my point too. People shouldn't be getting death threat over a game. Read my good sir or ma'am.

• Felnex
    Felnex Member Posts: 334

I know these are just forums and not formal dissertations but I need you to tell me the difference between your/you're because you keep making the same mistake. You don't need to be so insulting btw.

• Zeon_99

Well, believe what you want to believe I guess. Just chill out on everyone else here, no need to attack other people when its obvious I'm the one who you've a problem with.

They said they were going to take it to the forums so we can both wait for their side of the story.