SpringTrap in DBD Discussion

Comments

• Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462

I'm not a super nerd I don't have to explain in numbers why something is scary and why something is for kids. If you can't tell the difference then maybe you've lost sight of reality

• Blindninja

Good try acting intellectually superior bud but not the case. Youre flailing around and it's funny. You act tough but inside you know what's up.

• LazyPayday
    LazyPayday Member Posts: 420

Did you not read what I said? Or are you just trying to look cool because you said a popular opinion? This is a discussion on why people did or did not want him in the game, it was not a post asking for him to be put in the game and I made that pretty clear.

It was simply put, now that the spam of discussions asking for him are long gone and everyone's opinion on it should no longer be affected by it, why would they personally want SpringTrap to be in the game or kept out. I specifically asked for the reasoning not to be that the fandom isn't liked so if you're gonna say exactly what I requested not be done, then you might as well not say anything at all.

I stopped caring about the franchise after fnaf 4 so it's not like I'm a fanboy either, I just enjoy the concept of a robotic killer.

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298
    edited March 2021

You're not fooling anyone with this. You know that right? Sugar coat it all you want, but this is literally another FNaF spam thread. I'm sure the devs are already aware that there's a vocal minority who wants FNaF in (albeit a pretty loud one). If it happens, it happens.

Just give it a rest already.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

I'm actually disgusted at this Kpop fake killer wannabe scary but actually just looks like a random youtuber with blood splatter....really just some guy wearing normal clothes character.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE....the idea of FNAF in DBD because its essentialy giving an OK to meme the games thematics. Just turning it into one big joke. A joke that they can afford because there isn't much for competition....RIGHT NOW anyway. But if I had to deal with a cheese ass meme I'd rather deal with FNAF than what we currently got out of this pop star meme.....

AT LEAST THE MONSTERS IN FNAF ARE TRYING TO BE CREEPY.....like god damn man...

• PigMainBigBrain

At the rate this game is going we may as well add the teletubbies, better yet, lets throw all the themes out of the window and make all the maps bright and full of sunshine, lets take it a step further and make a Fitness Instructor killer...screw it, lets find a random person at burger king full uniform and make them a killer, Matter fact lets add the Veggie Tales to the game...

• PigMainBigBrain

These companies that own the rights to those franchises aren't going to give them licenses LOL They'd take one look at some of the goofy ######### BHVR has already added to the game and back out because it would ruin their Brand. Especially Chucky, Jason, IT, and Pinhead....no way in hell they'd tarnish their franchise with the joke content in this game...All of those franchises could produce a shaky cam film with trash budget on netflix and make back a thousand times more than they would with this game.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Those things obviously don't count. And please ignore the fact that the Trickster is one of the few truly realistic killers of the bunch, because mass-murdering psychopaths don't wear scary masks and try to "act creepy". They make you drop your guard first and then kill you in horrible ways.

• PigMainBigBrain

I know....and its annoying as hell. Which is why I'm not even fully against FNAF because at least it tries to have a scary theme. The other garbage they add just swerves the game into full on joke territory. Which its funny the first "FEW" times...but if it keeps happening it gets kinda stupid.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Totally looks like a kid's game, huh.

I don't see ANY similarity to teletubbies in the screenshot above, it just looks like you dislike fnaf and are projecting your bias into a bad argument.

• PigMainBigBrain

If people wanted a realism based killing game they'd go play Modern Warfare....

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Have you read trickster’s lore? He’s obviously going to look human like when he performed in front of crowds. The reason certain killers look more monstrous is because either they need the entities help (Doctor or clown) or didn’t comply and got tortured (Trapper and wraith)

Like the legion trickster doesn’t need any help killing therefor he looks very human like legion

• PigMainBigBrain

First off...FNAF was marketed to kids. Free copies to youtubers who stream mostly TO KIDS, it got a Teen rating because it was "scary", Nintendo gave it the go ahead, and the merch can be found in TODLER SIZES!!!!

I'm not arguing against it...I'm simply stating, the game has already jumped ship, we have santa elves, toy elephants, and now a kpop youtuber/normal ass person coming to the game. Theres no point in arguing against FNAF at this point....

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Then that's a fair point, but i'm pretty sure fnaf started out not being marketed to kids and youtubers are what caused it.

The character from fnaf people generally want does look much more visually fitting than Trickster and Elephant Clown.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 424

Man I don't know. I never played FNAF so I never got the craze but in terms of licensed killers I think there are far more iconic choices to be going with first and ones that are far easier to work with design wise in the game. Maybe Springtrap will get in one day but I consider him pretty bottom of the barrel. No I think there's a far, far, FAR better choice to go with first and he's pretty awesome. I can't imagine anything scarier than having this guy eye'ing you down. Since PH got in it's only fair for the second video game licensed chapters goes to the daddy of all horror franchises.

• Blindninja
  • DBDude
    DBDude Member Posts: 308

I don't care whether it got into the game or not, as long as the killers perks and power is good then I'm fine with it.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,163

That screen shot does look like something made scary for a kids game. It's like the baby doll head in Toy Story or Gwendy dolls in Small Soldiers.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

One could say Stranger Things is targeted toward younger audiences as well.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    edited March 2021

@Blindninja

Give me an original and well versed argument against a FNAF chapter and then I'll lend you an ear to listen to your opinion.

I don't want to hear "but it's a kid's game" without you giving a decent explanation as to why you think that way.

It's ok to share your opinion (that's what the forums are for) but without giving any information as to your reasoning; you cannot expect anyone to take you seriously in this world...

• Blindninja
    edited March 2021

Except for when it's obvious. If people can't see obvious things then

1: they can't be taken seriously in this world. (Like you so parent like attempted to tell me)

2:shouldn't be given any reason as it's silly that they can't see obvious things.

Do I need to provide proof and a debate as to the grass being green? Or the sky being blue? Should I explain those things to you as well?

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    1. what
    2. what

As someone said here, I really hope you're just some edgy 12 year old instead of an obese jobless 29 year old typing all that #########.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Think they meant no killers from a children’s game.

• Blindninja
  • glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

Of course the edgy teen refuses to explain their reasoning. Yay, I guess.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

It would seem irresponsible on the developers part to bring a children’s game killer to an adult game with killers. Seems like it would attract undeveloped, immature minds to the... oh.... wait ... never mind.

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298

You realize that you can indirectly ask for something without actually doing the asking part, which is exactly the point of this topic? What makes your thread above all the other countless FNaF in DBD topics created in the past, hence why I'm calling it spam? I'd even wager you'd rather keep people arguing about this just to keep the Springtrap traction going.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

and trickster is a serial killer yet people keep saying his story doesn't fit DBD

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Those people clearly haven’t read his lore and just came to a conclusion

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

I don't see anyone saying trickster's story doesn't fit, just his look, as apparently they feel killers should be ugly, which, to be fair, a rotting corpse in a rusted blood-spattered bunny suit is definitely ugly.

• _NIGHTMARE_

Yeah, it's real obvious that FNAF is for little school kids isn't it?

I mean, look at the 7+ Age Ratings. It's obvious! How could we have been fooled?

Nice try, kid.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795
    edited March 2021

i don't even understand the argument that fnaf isn't scary. dbd isn't scary in the slightest. i'm sorry, am i supposed to believe that dbd's "a bloodsplatter on the screen" and "somebody screaming" is genre defining horror standing head and shoulders above fnaf's "a loud noise" and "a character lunging at the screen"?

if you genuinely try to tell me dbd is a scary game i will actually laugh in your face. especially the guy that's going around calling everyone stupid kids and acting all pretentious because of how scary fnaf isn't, somehow completely missing the concept that dbd isn't scary either despite literally being hide and seek in the dark. like, please. if you can't get your own grip, store bought is fine.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I recently found a rather interesting concept video of fnaf, and I gotta say the creator took time to make this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDqRk3VPtS0

• _NIGHTMARE_

Dead by Daylight really isn't scary at all... But the ESRB ratings unlikely won't be changed, same for FNAF (regardless of whether the jumpscares actually work on you or not.)

Personally, I think DbD should at least be lowered to 16+ but that's a whole different topic.

I'm still waiting for a decent argument as to why FNAF shouldn't be in DbD, rather than people screaming it's a kids game. When the ESRB ratings clearly state otherwise.

Horror is subjective in its nature, we all know that. What scares one person doesn't automatically scare everyone.

What seems like an over the top horror cliche for one may be really atmospheric and entertaining for others.

Anyway, point in hand; ESRB ratings don't change easily. What one person deems suitable for children another doesn't.

I'd happily let my kids play FNAF and Dead by Daylight (with chat features disabled, we know how salty this community gets.)

But in order to keep things real here, I'm sticking to official age ratings.

They're welcome to make thier own decisions as to whether they would be letting thier kids into the game... That's thier choice by all means. I'm not advocating for that right to be taken away.

But if someone complains that it's a kids game and that solely for that reason alone shouldn't be allowed into Dead by Daylight and they're trying to project that BS onto me, then they can go away.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Holy crap, thank you for this.

It's like people forget that BHVR would need to create a new model and assume they'd use the dated differently stylised fnaf3 model.

• _NIGHTMARE_

Yeah, they had to do a whole new model for Demogorgon as well... It turned out well, but it must have taken a lot of extra work to get to the end result.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 336

This is my comment I made in another topic revolving around the same subject. This is what I wrote, word for word.

"FNAF isn't really meant for kids, they just play it anyway. Same with COD or GTA, it isn't meant for them...but there they are. FNAF is a game about possessed animatronics with the corpses of dead kids in them. Pretty sure a game about a serial killer that kills kids is NOT meant to be played by kids. Still....some of these kids who do play it ARE obnoxious and do harass others. The more mature fans (mostly) do not. I can see why people would not want FNAF in DBD as those specific toxic fans do not deserve it. But what about those that are not toxic? Should they be punished for the actions of a few? IMO, whether you are for or against FNAF being in DBD should not be decided on the hate for certain types of fans. Rather, it should be decided on the story, lore, and gameplay (how it would play in DBD, not the FNAF games gameplay.)

For the story and lore, the animatronics are possessed by vengeful spirits out to get revenge on the one who killed them. Whether or not this type of killer, in story, would work doesn't matter. The vengeful spirits are kids. The devs made it clear no kid characters would ever be in DBD, period. So that eliminates 98% of the possible choices for a killer. The only killer from the franchise that can actually work and would be acceptable, (isn't a kid, kid ghost, or otherwise) is Springtrap. Springtap...is NOT an animatronic. It is a person inside of spring lock suit, specifically...a serial killer. IMO, FNAF, specifically Springtap, Can fit story wise. The gameplay.....I don't see it. I cannot think of a power that would work for a FNAF killer AND make sense to both games. This is where it falls off for me. The story and lore fitting each other is fine...but what matters most is the gameplay. I just can't think of something that works for both sides. (Maybe something that uses the Madness status effect to induce the phantom jump scares from the 3rd game? Maybe not.) Perhaps the devs could come up with something that does...but until it is ever mentioned...gameplay wise...it is a no from me. Though, I am open to being proven wrong on any and all accounts. Regardless...I too think it would be best to wait quite some time before ever adding it to DBD assuming it ever would be. At minimum a year from now. Possibly 2 and it would be acceptable. All the toxic FNAF fans should have left by then...I think....maybe....

Again, I'd say no just cause I can't see how it works specifically in terms of gameplay.

Just my opinion that I put about a minute's worth of time into, lol."

That was my opinion back in November. Now....I still think the same way...except I am now for a FNAF chapter. One reason, It would bring in more people playing the killer role. Which, I am sorry to say...this game desperately needs. The wait times for survivor are long and it is not because of a problem with matchmaking. Not many want to play killer because it isn't fun, not balanced, too stressful...or whatever reason they might have. Simply not enough people are playing that role. A FNAF killer, Springtrap, would help this as FNAF fans tend to stick to wherever FNAF goes. Meaning, We will have a good portion of those fans playing the killer role consistently.

I realize there are quite a few who would be against FNAF fans sticking around...cause they are toxic or whatever reason...but I argue that the DBD community is far more toxic and obnoxious than the FNAF community. Take a look at the devs doing ANYTHING. DBD fans will cry about it, endlessly...even after it is fixed/changed. The DBD community is no better...if not worse in some ways. So that particular argument about the community being bad is just a dumb and pointless one, imo.

Another reason I am for a FNAF chapter, is the lore. I HATE the gameplay of FNAF...but I love the lore. Especially MatPat's Game Theory episodes when he does them. I think the lore fits in with DBD's quite well and would be interested in seeing where the devs would take it. Plus....I'd love to see MatPat try and fit DBD into one of his theories. That'd be entertaining (for me.)

But...I still have yet to see how a FNAF killer would work in terms of gameplay. I have seen many videos on people suggesting this very thing...but I do not agree with them. some don't make sense for either FNAF, DBD or both. While others just don't look fun to play as or against. So far I still think using the Madness affliction is still the way to go...but I am still not convinced it will work gameplay wise. I am still willing to be proven wrong on any and all accounts, but these are just some of my opinions I didn't put too much thought into.

In short, I don't care one way or another. I play all killers and survivors. I don't main anyone and jump around from character to character. Including the ones I hate (Blight, Twins, etc.) If a FNAF killer & Survivor is added, good or bad, I will play them too.

• _NIGHTMARE_

Yeah, still waiting on MatPat to do a Game Theory Episode on Dead by Daylight... It's going to be so cool when he gets around to putting everything together, from the lost tapes to Vigo, Benedict and The Entity, there's so much to dive into :)

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
  • _NIGHTMARE_

And we have The Clown already, who can wear an elephant suit.

The Legion, who has four variations of a fluffy bunny rabbit suit...

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    edited March 2021

You bring valid points, barely a few people play killer a lot. Springtrap will have people playing a lot more killer and honestly, the Fnaf community, is a bit 'off putting'(Only way of saying it without me getting in trouble lol) than DBD community, but not even as toxic as the DBD community. I would love to see MatPat do a theory video of DBD, someone who cna make actual sense of this games' lore. I found a video that was really well made for a Fnaf chapter in concept I'll leave a link for you. However I will say, it may come this year, if not that's fine, I don't expect it to come this year, I expect RE, or Candyman, but not Fnaf. Anyway hope you have a good one

Edit: spelling errors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDqRk3VPtS0