The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rank matters (vets only)

Comments

• Undying_Zombie
    Undying_Zombie Member Posts: 40

I do have to agree with the OP that the gameplay is a lot different at the higher ranks. Most of the lower rank survivors despite how easy it is for them wont understand how it is for high ranks. Esp for killers. Most of them think its extremely east and that any sort of balance change the killers ask for is just killers wanting 4ks every game. It is frustrating and annoying that his keeps going on... and the devs/mods encourage it too... Sadly.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited October 2018
    I agree with @Lowbei on this one. I've been rank 1 enough times to see the difference. If anyone thinks rank doesn't matter or is trying to offend him on this then you're clearly too new at this game to have even hit rank 1. There's a reason why so many people derank and that's because higher rank usually means higher challenge. There needs to be rank rewards though so we can truely see who can get there and who is too bad at this game to reach it.. 
    agreed. i think rank rewards are coming as soon as the devs feel the game is fully balanced, but convincing “everyone” that its balanced, ever, will be quite a challenge.

pips should be harder to get, on both sides imo.

I do have to agree with the OP that the gameplay is a lot different at the higher ranks. Most of the lower rank survivors despite how easy it is for them wont understand how it is for high ranks. Esp for killers. Most of them think its extremely east and that any sort of balance change the killers ask for is just killers wanting 4ks every game. It is frustrating and annoying that his keeps going on... and the devs/mods encourage it too... Sadly.

accurate. the devs need a team of the most experienced vets (not streamers) to help them balance. 
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    If people want to prove how truely skilled they are they should try reaching rank 1 as survivor using No Mither as their only perk.. that's a real challenge. As for killers.. playing without add ons can be considered quite a challenge now unless the killer is Nurse. And I agree with the idea of getting skilled players to help with balence and not some deranking coward on Twitch who plays SWF all day because they are too weak to play otherwise. 
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Rank doesn't matter. Purple plays like Red. The resets occur too often, and the Emblem system hands you ranking more than ever. The threshold for attrition is insanely low compared to literally any other game with a ranking system. Keep playing, and you'll rank up automatically.

This system is so dumbed down, it's easier to rank up getting 0-1K as a killer, and double pipping with 11-16k bloodpoints as survivor.

So, yeah. The systems in which this game use make rank not matter because it's designed to be that way. The old system for killers made more sense, and 10k BP/pip for survivors made it vastly more difficult to double pip.

• Lowbei
    edited October 2018
    Eninya said:

Rank doesn't matter. Purple plays like Red. The resets occur too often, and the Emblem system hands you ranking more than ever. The threshold for attrition is insanely low compared to literally any other game with a ranking system. Keep playing, and you'll rank up automatically.

This system is so dumbed down, it's easier to rank up getting 0-1K as a killer, and double pipping with 11-16k bloodpoints as survivor.

So, yeah. The systems in which this game use make rank not matter because it's designed to be that way. The old system for killers made more sense, and 10k BP/pip for survivors made it vastly more difficult to double pip.

you are correct but you must admit that competition is much higher level (usually) at rank1 than low ranks, resulting in more skill based matches. i completely agree about the old pip system and think the emblem thing is nonsense. i honestly dont even know or care how it works, i just play, solo, and it usually pushes me to rank1.

imo it should be much harder to pip.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    If people want to prove how truely skilled they are they should try reaching rank 1 as survivor using No Mither as their only perk.. that's a real challenge. As for killers.. playing without add ons can be considered quite a challenge now unless the killer is Nurse. And I agree with the idea of getting skilled players to help with balence and not some deranking coward on Twitch who plays SWF all day because they are too weak to play otherwise. 
    @The_Fallen_Utopia
    The hag can easily do well without addons in rank 1 as well.
  • Lowbei
    Vietfox said:
    @The_Fallen_Utopia
    im a big fan of the hag lately!
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Good post! Someone needed to say this.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Lowbei said:
    Vietfox said:
    @The_Fallen_Utopia
    @Lowbei
    I main her as a killer, she's quite powerful. Or at least suits my playstyle.
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    Lowbei said:
    Vietfox said:
    @The_Fallen_Utopia
    Hag is the killer I've played most actually. Even before her buffs I played her without add ons. At rank 1. A challenge yes but I won more then I lost. 
  • Lowbei
    edited October 2018
    Lowbei said:
    Vietfox said:
    @The_Fallen_Utopia
    Hag is the killer I've played most actually. Even before her buffs I played her without add ons. At rank 1. A challenge yes but I won more then I lost. 
    this pleases the entity. bravo
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    The 3 gen trifecta is the key to edging past decent rank 1 teams. Patrol those gens and make them work for it. It does feel like a bullshitty annoying strategy but it's a trap that survivors could have avoided.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited October 2018
    @Lowbei As a casual player I can confirm that I am inherently bad. On survivor I can barely rank up, but given the situation (rank. 14) that's to be expected. Half of my allies are just incompetent and the other half want to stay in the low ranks and try to de-pip everyone else as an "act of kindness".

As a killer I'm just not ready. I main Huntress and my aim is in the middle of the spectrum. Some matches I 4k, others, the survivors 4k. I need to get better on both sides. It will just take time.
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    Peasant said:
    @Lowbei As a casual player I can confirm that I am inherently bad. On survivor I can barely rank up, but given the situation (rank. 14) that's to be expected. Half of my allies are just incompetent and the other half want to stay in the low ranks and try to de-pip everyone else as an "act of kindness".

As a killer I'm just not ready. I main Huntress and my aim is in the middle of the spectrum. Some matches I 4k, others, the survivors 4k. I need to get better on both sides. It will just take time.
    Practice makes perfect as they say. 
  • Lowbei
    edited October 2018
    Peasant said:

your wise and mature attitude is great. i applaud you, and am sure i will see you at rank1 soon.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I'm a casual by choice. I enjoy some challenge, but not the kind that forces me to be at 100% all the time or else I get smashed. That's why I stay away from high ranks.
    I prefer to die a lot as Survivor because I'm not paying attention to my surroundings or lose chases because I didn't pay attention to blood stains than have to always be "on", if you know what I mean.
    I simply find it more fun when I don't have to stay hyperfocused - maybe it's my ADD, I dunno.

If you find always having to play perfectly fun, that's fine, but don't say that "fun is ____" because it simply doesn't work that way; fun is subjective.

• Lowbei
    Orion said:

I'm a casual by choice. I enjoy some challenge, but not the kind that forces me to be at 100% all the time or else I get smashed. That's why I stay away from high ranks.
    I prefer to die a lot as Survivor because I'm not paying attention to my surroundings or lose chases because I didn't pay attention to blood stains than have to always be "on", if you know what I mean.
    I simply find it more fun when I don't have to stay hyperfocused - maybe it's my ADD, I dunno.

If you find always having to play perfectly fun, that's fine, but don't say that "fun is ____" because it simply doesn't work that way; fun is subjective.

absolutely.

your playstyle is perfectly fine, as you should play where you have the most fun.

for most of the vets who stay around rank1, the challenge is the fun, since of course it would be easier to farm bps at low rank, but i simply wouldnt enjoy it.
  • Orion

@Lowbei said:
    absolutely.

your playstyle is perfectly fine, as you should play where you have the most fun.

for most of the vets who stay around rank1, the challenge is the fun, since of course it would be easier to farm bps at low rank, but i simply wouldnt enjoy it.

It's not even about farming, I just enjoy being able to relax while playing a game. I mean, that's why I play games.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Orion said:

That's fine if that's how you want to see it. There's a difference in enjoying low rank play (more casual player) and outright denying that rank matters because you like to derank (No I'm not saying you derank I'm saying alot of people say rank doesn't matter as an excuse to derank) so you can bully weaker killers and farm views on Twitch or something 
  • Lowbei
    Orion said:

@Lowbei said:
    absolutely.

It's not even about farming, I just enjoy being able to relax while playing a game. I mean, that's why I play games.

fully understandable.
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

I agree but come on...
    Not every one at rank 1 is skilled.

In the current pipping system ranking up is almost inevitable no matter if you are good or not.
    Rank reprensent more how much someone play that their skill, while it is true that someone who play a lot is usually better than someone that doesn't, I've seen my fair share of garbage player in high rank.

But I'm behind you 100% about people avoiding the rank they where put in, especially streamer that people always end up emulating because they are sheeps.

• Orion

@Dragonredking said:
    But I'm behind you 100% about people avoiding the rank they where put in, especially streamer that people always end up emulating because they are sheeps.

Easier to make "funny" compilations showing you always winning if you're playing against complete noobs.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@Orion said:

@Dragonredking said:

Easier to make "funny" compilations showing you always winning if you're playing against complete noobs.

Exactly

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

Like in any game most players are bad. Its true that on avrage you get better players at rank 1 however that dosent make them all good players. Most people on rank 1 suck too. Rank 1 is just too easy to get. We have a ranking system witch has safety pips LOL no real matchmaking based at least on elo just players who are around our rank on avrage with a ranking system thats capped and easy to reach.

If you try to reach rank 1 and play enough during a season and you still cant reach rank 1 then you suck. ITs as simple as that.

• Lowbei
    Crythor said:

Like in any game most players are bad. Its true that on avrage you get better players at rank 1 however that dosent make them all good players. Most people on rank 1 suck too. Rank 1 is just too easy to get. We have a ranking system witch has safety pips LOL no real matchmaking based at least on elo just players who are around our rank on avrage with a ranking system thats capped and easy to reach.

If you try to reach rank 1 and play enough during a season and you still cant reach rank 1 then you suck. ITs as simple as that.

agreed.

we must remove the safety pip imo
  • SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

I think, the real problem with high ranks (4-1) is SWF, for example, the other day I was playing a lvl 1 doc for a daily tribute(note I'm a rank 3) not a single bloodpoint put into him; not an SWF group and I got an easy four irridescant game with 4 kills. The very next match, playing as my lvl 40 hag, against a full SWF group and I got stompped on. Endded up barely getting 2 kills (second guy l downed just before he ran out the gates. In terms of skill I would say both teams were the same. But the communication between them is what makes the high ranks so challenging. Atleast that's my view of it. Then again I am a console pleb so; it may be differant from platform to platform. However OP overall I see what you're getting at.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    In the current ranking system rank doesnt mean a thing... it's way too easy to pip... survivors who dont even know how to use the shack pallet are at rank 1...... its gross... you can climb from 13-5 in the matter of hours and this can be done by anyone because I dont claim myself to be an awesome player by any means... rank 1 is supposed to be the tip of the spear and atm its just a mixture of week 1 noobs and 1s the competition is nowhere near like it was and saying "rank1 btw" doesnt mean as much..
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    Bravo0413 said:
    In the current ranking system rank doesnt mean a thing... it's way too easy to pip... survivors who dont even know how to use the shack pallet are at rank 1...... its gross... you can climb from 13-5 in the matter of hours and this can be done by anyone because I dont claim myself to be an awesome player by any means... rank 1 is supposed to be the tip of the spear and atm its just a mixture of week 1 noobs and 1s the competition is nowhere near like it was and saying "rank1 btw" doesnt mean as much..
    If rank meant nothing then why do so many people derank? 
  • Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    edited October 2018
    Lowbei said:
    Warning. this thread will either make total sense if youre a vet, or upset you if youre a casual. if you find yourself getting upset about it, back up and recognize that it wasnt intended for you.

We regularly hear from low rank randos about how rank doesnt matter.

The truth however is that is does. The gameplay is far different at rank1 than rank15. At rank1, you deal with far more skilled players on both sides, who are bringing better items, using better offerings, and i see moris at least 50% of games.

The harsh reality is that the average player is bad, real bad. the majority of our population plays between rank10-20, however humans dont do well with thinking they are average. Its far easier to play at scrub ranks and tell themselves that rank simply doesnt matter, or that rank1 just isnt fun, which actually translates into “i get less points and survive/kill less at rank1”.

The result of all this, is that you see well known and even sponsored streamers DCing to play at rank15, because they can convince themselves and their followers that this is where the game is “fun”.

fun, means differnent things to different people, but for people who play at rank1, we play for a challenge, not SWFing down rank15 killers. if we didnt play for a challenge, we would be deranking to earn more bp per game with easier wins.

people need to start supporting actual skilled players, not these deranking scrubs. if the person youre watching is DCing, or running SWF and bullying low rank killers, stop supporting them.

if you like watching survivor gameplay, find some solo survivor, preferably one who plays with no items or offerings, or no perks even, and watch them. you will learn more, see better gameplay, and ultimately be doing right by the game and its community by not supporting bad streamers.

on a more personal level, if youre a player, stop DCing. get to rank1 and play there. your achievement for “getting there” means nothing. actually play there, for the rest of whatever season, and the next, and the next. you will be better for it.

if this thread makes no sense to you, or is offensive, then you do not play at rank1. you may have got there during a double bp farming event for the achievement, but you clearly arent playing there.
    Tl dr. Rank is not relevant, swf can bypass rank and not every killer and at lesser extent survivor is on par for your rank unless you have everything t3.

Also, just literally playing the game will give everyone rank 1, you will also lose it the first game that depips you at rank 1.

Also, zero rewards and zero leaderboards. Rank is more useless than no mither.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@Lowbei said:
    Attackfrog said:

I gain blood points faster at lower ranks.

Lower ranks are better for leveling my killers.

And if the vast majority of players suck, and are at lower ranks, why not support the majority of the player base?

everyone gains bp faster at lower ranks. grinding shouldnt be your endgame, and after a few hundred hours, your focus should shift from grinding to fun/competition in this competitive game.

im not saying dont support low rank randos.  most low rank randos dont often stream at all. im saying that the people you should be supporting are the ones not dcing, and actually playing at rank1, because its better for you as a viewer to see real skill, than to watch deranked swf bully low level killers.

and again, if you are capable of playing at rank1, do that. you arent gaining skill by playing at rank15. bloodpoints come and go, they shouldnt be your focus. if your focus is bp, you probably arent really having fun, and definitely arent competitive.

im putting this out there to help people like you, who are content to a life of mediocrity (averageness) instead of reaching your potential.

I enjoy this game.for many reasons. The reason I keep coming back to it is the fun factor. Fun for me is 4ks, good chases, and feeling like a bada@@ killer.
    At higher ranks I get more insults, more circles, more flashlights and toolboxes. I also find it more frustrating.

I am a more casual player for this game, and will most likely never reach endgame (unlike other games I play), but I believe casual players are the majority in most games (because that actually is what we consider "fun")

And game.time makes no difference to developers....They cater to the players that make the most sense: the ones that spend money. If you have bought all the content befor e, you will likely buy the newest release.

be more epic. i know its in you. no offense, but you people need to reach down there, find your balls, and use them.

Not if I am a woman. Or a Eunuch.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I guess rank does matter...in that way.

For me, getting to rank 1 isn't all that hard. A bit harder now that i've crossed over to Wraith, but still nothing like going through The Ringed City for the first time in Dark Souls 3.

What's hard is enduring the boredom that people resort to past like halfway.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495
    edited October 2018

@Terrortot said:

Tl dr. Rank is not relevant, swf can bypass rank and not every killer and at lesser extent survivor is on par for your rank unless you have everything t3.

Also, just literally playing the game will give everyone rank 1, you will also lose it the first game that depips you at rank 1.

Devs will make it worth more if many ppl ask for it but as long as ppl keep deranking (and i still ask, if meant nothing and is the same as rank 20, why de-rank?) they will ignore that...

The reality is that being rank 1 have a meaning, it mean you are more skilled than the average player, but in reality it "GIVE" you "nothing", except for an achievement the first time you reach it.
    Devs should really give an incentive to remain at rank 1.

Just locking some cool cosmetic behind the "rank wall" (for each killer) will be enough, same with bp or shard prizes.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Kalec84 said:

@Terrortot said:

Devs will make it worth more if many ppl ask for it but as long as ppl keep deranking (and i still ask, if meant nothing and is the same as rank 20, why de-rank?) they will ignore that...

The reality is that being rank 1 have a meaning, it mean you are more skilled than the average player, but in reality it "GIVE" you "nothing", except for an achievement the first time you reach it.
    Devs should really give an incentive to remain at rank 1.

Just locking some cool cosmetic behind the "rank wall" (for each killer) will be enough, same with bp or shard prizes.

The best system i believe, would be broader ranks like in overwatch or lol.  Then people can complain about being in wood league feeling like they should be in grandmaster.

I dont think there is enough players across the board to warrant a rewarding rank system.
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

I don't see why people think Rank 1 is this skillful achievement. If you know the basic mechanics of the game, it's very hard to de-pip. There is definitely merit in the statement, "rank doesn't matter". It's pointless. What benefit do I get for staying at Rank 1 as a killer? I can walk around with my chest puffed out saying, "I'm a real rank 1 killer!" That's it. No extra BPs, matches aren't longer (the opposite) and survivors are more competent on average. Why would anyone want to stay rank 1? I'm not saying this to burst anyone's bubble, but I am rank 1 right now and the first time I got to rank 1 was on a killer without finished perks. There is nothing competitive/skillful about it.

The truth of the matter is higher rank survivors are more boring to face. They know where every pallet is, every infinite is and how to optimize gen repairs. You can expect this every match unless you play against boosted survivors. Like you said, higher ranked people usually bring in their good items. This is true. I just want to casually grind BPs for the months of grinding I still have left and it takes a lot of the fun always going against people playing try-hard.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@Terrortot said: The best system i believe, would be broader ranks like in overwatch or lol.  Then people can complain about being in wood league feeling like they should be in grandmaster.

And don't forget how they would be Grandmaster if not for their brain dead teammates and Leavers (speaking from 2+ years in Overwatch, never played LoL).

Another favorite: I'm really a Grandmaster. But this Plat account is my Alt Account.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

@GrannyonAcid said:
    Okay. Well it is clear that Lowbei has some serious mental health issues to work out on his own. For someone talking about other peoples egos... You sure as hell seem to have one yourself. I'm sorry to see that DBD has you so wound up in the competitive scene. That it doesn't have and never will. "Everyone here knows I only play at rank1 both sides." ... Like seriously? How many people here even know who the heck you are? Probably not many people.

Thank you @GrannyonAcid, i almost thought i'm the only one who found that out. Btw, he has a 24/7 job, just FYI.

• Lowbei

@GrannyonAcid said:
    Okay. Well it is clear that Lowbei has some serious mental health issues to work out on his own. For someone talking about other peoples egos... You sure as hell seem to have one yourself. I'm sorry to see that DBD has you so wound up in the competitive scene. That it doesn't have and never will. "Everyone here knows I only play at rank1 both sides." ... Like seriously? How many people here even know who the heck you are? Probably not many people.

Thank you @GrannyonAcid, i almost thought i'm the only one who found that out. Btw, he has a 24/7 job, just FYI.

if you are still this salty, post on my profile like the rest of them, but try to keep your personal butthurt against me off the threads bro, ty
  • megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

@Lowbei said:
    megdonalds said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

if you are still this salty, post on my profile like the rest of them, but try to keep your personal butthurt against me off the threads bro, ty

and that's the kind of ego push you need, to post on your profile. but the requirement for this is that i need to be salty first and baaam, gotcha again. im pretty sure you are fapping on your profile comments, don't you.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Matches are way more competitive on both sides, less dc's, fewer toxic messages, and no Ochi wannabes.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Lowbei said:
    fcc2014 said:

Matches are way more competitive on both sides, less dc's, fewer toxic messages, and no Ochi wannabes.

yeah. i wish our ps4 pals didnt have to deal with that guy

I have yet to see him as killer or survivor. Not sure when he plays but i have seen some on the forum who have ran into him. He does have many, many disciples.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I think it depends on how you look at it. I think it matters in a sense that people in the high ranks will likely have more experience, know mindgames, and know to prioritize certain gens. But I wouldn't say it's an accurate representation of skill. It's too easy to get to rank 1, some people are boosted, some farmed to get there.Then there's deranking. ZombeiGenesis pretty much nailed it.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

@TheBean said:

TL;DR. Your post is really weird.

This post could have been interesting if it wasn't so hate filled. Very angry and aggressive way to try and get your point across in what you may see as an issue in the game / community.

I'm failing to see the "aggressivines" in OP topic... sure the discussion is quite animated but is kind of a "sensitive topic" soo a bit of ego is expected :)

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

@Kalec84 said:
    Read the OP text, interesting, started reading the answers... not that much interesting...
    For the OP
    I'm rank 1 killer Main.
    Totally agree that rank 1 is harder and (to me) it really count.
    But i have to say, sometime (more than sometime) you find players who don't really seem to have rank 1 skill...
    I just finished a rotation of all killers at rank 1 with no perks and no addons, and i menaged to have at least safe pip and 1k or even 4k (never 2 pip)
    The fact is, aside for the "fact that i am rank 1" there is not much purpose to be there, wich mean it automatically became easyer to reach that rank.
    Devs should make it more rewardin to be at rank 1.
    I already gave some example in other topics:

-Killer and survivors at rank 1-4 get x% bonus to bp or even shards
    -Killer and survivors at rank 1-4 get a particular effect on theyr character (glowing survivors eyes, dark killer aura, or a skin that can be used exclusively at that rank.
    just those 2 things alone will boost the competition and give top rank a new meaning.
    The key is to lock an interesting feature behind that rank.

> And the next step is to make rank personal to each killer, i cant understand how is it possible that they admit "not all killer are good a top rank" but the rank is generalized for all killers, so if you are top rank with one of them, well you have to go top rank with all of them... that make no sense.

I think this last point you mentioned is a great idea I would completely support. I think we all agree on different survivors being just skins (aside from a slight advantage at stealth for some of them), but killers have such different playstyles that they should definitely be ranked individually.

This would also give you the chance to learn a new killer without getting absolutely destroyed in the red ranks if you already made it there. And IMO, of course there's a big difference in the quality of gameplay displayed there 80% of the time, from both sides of the ball.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

@Kalec84 said:

@TheBean said:

This post could have been interesting if it wasn't so hate filled. Very angry and aggressive way to try and get your point across in what you may see as an issue in the game / community.

I'm failing to see the "aggressivines" in OP topic... sure the discussion is quite animated but is kind of a "sensitive topic" soo a bit of ego is expected :)

Bean is pretty much spot on. Any opinion that went against his he deemed that person as a terrible player that didn't have the right to an opinion. There were people that came in and said... "I'm a casual but I agree." So he decides... Hey buddy. It's okay to be casual because you agree with me! But you'll get rank 1 someday. Because clearly you're intelligent because you think like I do.

With my posts he went from telling me I'm a terrible player that will never be high ranked. I posted when I got my rank 1 achievement. Then told me I have an ego problem and want to brag about my rank. And then two posts later continued to tell me that my opinion doesn't matter because I'll never be rank 1.

Bean hit it spot on with his post. This guy doesn't read into someones words. He looks for two things. "I agree" or "I disagree." If you agree then you are a vet in his eyes. Doesn't matter how casual you actually are. If you disagree you're a piece of trash that will never be good at anything. Pretty much sums up the level of crazy that this guy is.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

Obvious troll is obvious

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199
    I never understand the quote "rank doesn't matter" if it didn't matter why do so many players want to rank up slower or derank? Sounds to me it does matter. But hey that's just how I see it. I prefer the challenge of rank one over the push over rank 15 games.. if something is too easy it gets boring to me. 
  • Undying_Zombie
    Undying_Zombie Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2018

@Lowbei said:
    The_Fallen_Utopia said:

I agree with @Lowbei on this one. I've been rank 1 enough times to see the difference. If anyone thinks rank doesn't matter or is trying to offend him on this then you're clearly too new at this game to have even hit rank 1. There's a reason why so many people derank and that's because higher rank usually means higher challenge. There needs to be rank rewards though so we can truely see who can get there and who is too bad at this game to reach it.. 

agreed. i think rank rewards are coming as soon as the devs feel the game is fully balanced, but convincing “everyone” that its balanced, ever, will be quite a challenge.

pips should be harder to get, on both sides imo.
    Undying_Zombie said:

accurate. the devs need a team of the most experienced vets (not streamers) to help them balance. 

While I can say I am a vet... ( I have had this game since release. Also played during the tail end of the beta. ) I wont say that I am all that great. I do not really play Hillbilly,Nurse, or Huntress. Huntress I play more than the other two.. but still.. I mostly play killers like Wraith and Freddy,Myers,Leatherface,Hag.. ( Yea I know I am a oddball ) as well as basically all the other killers ( The ones listed are the ones I probably play more than the others. Wraith and Freddy probably more than the others. Myers is up there too.. )

I do agree that they need to go outside of the dev group and find a decent size amount of the top end players. ( who are not streamers.. Sure some streamers would be fine but most of them are not that great lets be honest. ) I say outside of the dev group due to the fact that.. lets be honest.. Not a single one would do well in the top end. They have a hard time in the low end as is..

Even then in the top end you do see people who should not be there.. But due to the way the game is "balanced" you see people that should not be there.. at all.. Sadly.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited October 2018

@Kalec84 said:

@TheBean said:

It is aggressive to me because right within the first few lines the OP is already trying to dismiss you for not agreeing. Before they even have attempted to get their opinion out. Didn't even bother to hold that part till the end. Basically trying to bias your opinion on the subject right off the bat.

This discussion has been closed.