The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rank matters (vets only)

Comments

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited October 2018

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

You enjoy making a fool of yourself?

I'm only rank10 on my surv currently because I only play those with my GF or to farm BP by farming hooked teammates while watching a movie lol

yay im glad you finally made it, grats. reaching rank1 is common.

now play there, and you will eventually become experienced enough to know that your statements here are ignorant.

eventually i may even pull your opinions out of the trash, but not yet, especially with you embarrassing yourself on the regular around here.

I'm rank1 since about the start of season LOL and I've been rank1 so far every season since I gave this game another chance even as freddy, the arguably worst killer in the game especially without his addons. In fact most of my complaints stem from not being able to get away from rank1 unless I DC.

The only one embarassing himself is you. "Veterans" rofl, go play a real actual competitive game at high level then come back instead of trying out bragging rights in a game infested with e-grills even at the highest rank.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited October 2018

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

You enjoy making a fool of yourself?

I'm only rank10 on my surv currently because I only play those with my GF or to farm BP by farming hooked teammates while watching a movie lol

yay im glad you finally made it, grats. reaching rank1 is common.

now play there, and you will eventually become experienced enough to know that your statements here are ignorant.

eventually i may even pull your opinions out of the trash, but not yet, especially with you embarrassing yourself on the regular around here.

I'm rank1 since about the start of season LOL and I've been rank1 so far every season since I gave this game another chance even as freddy, the arguably worst killer in the game especially without his addons. In fact most of my complaints stem from not being able to get away from rank1 unless I DC.

The only one embarassing himself is you. "Veterans" rofl, go play a real actual competitive game at high level then come back instead of trying out bragging rights in a game infested with e-grills even at the highest rank.

no, i can tell from how butthurt you are at this thread that you are no vet, and this season started with a bp farming event so everyone and their dog could hit rank1.

a quick steam search for the name in this picture you posted “iridescentshardfarm” shows no results, so im doubting thats even you, since nobody on steam right now has that name.

did you google that picture? lol

anyhow, you can tell from the OP votes that the majority agree with me, and can also tell that the vets agree from reading the thread. you will understand in time. until then, you should sit down and take notes, no offense :)

for reference, heres how it should look, with your actual name.

• MhhBurgers

How does it feel to have your wannabe psychological analysis crushed? I'm just not part of your little bubble, I want the game to be balanced in a way that makes sense.

• Lowbei
    edited October 2018

@MhhBurgers said:

How does it feel to have your wannabe psychological analysis crushed? I'm just not part of your little bubble, I want the game to be balanced in a way that makes sense.

you have reading issues lol. hitting rank1 is easy, especially with bp events.

when you become experienced at rank1, you will stop making such ignorant statements on the forums and your opinion might matter.

• MhhBurgers
    edited October 2018

@Lowbei said:

@MhhBurgers said:

when you become experienced at rank1, you will stop making such ignorant statements on the forums and your opinion might matter.

Except the only BP event that happened or at least that I knew of was last month, I'm rank 1 literally since I started playing killer and the worst one at that, heck that was during my first 200 hours of this game where I didn't have perks such as ruin, BBQ or even NOED. But at this point I think you're either trolling or in denial.

Also your whole thread is about rank mattering when literally a 50 hour killer who runs freddy can reach rank1 without even trying and without having extensive amounts of addons and offerings LOL.

The killers here on this forum are ridiculous if you think that you're super skilled when there's even such a thing as aim-assist in this game.

• Lowbei
    edited October 2018

@Lowbei said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Except the only BP event that happened or at least that I knew of was last month, I'm rank 1 literally since I started playing killer and the worst one at that, heck that was during my first 200 hours of this game where I didn't have perks such as ruin, BBQ or even NOED. But at this point I think you're either trolling or in denial.

lol the simple fact that the last bp event from literally less than a month ago is the only bp event that you can remember shows, once again, that you are no vet. thus further proving that like i said, any rando can “get” to rank1, and that non vets will get butthurt at this thread.

come back when you have more than a few hundred hours. this thread isnt for you.
  • Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

I really liked this post, it shows the reality with this CASUAL community, 100% agree with eveything that OP said!

Whoever says that ranks doesnt matter is a CASUAL scrub, if u wanna stay at low ranks, its fine, but u have no rights to say that Rank 1 is the same thing as Rank 20, it clearely isnt!

G I T
    U
    D

• MhhBurgers

rank1 is the same as rank20 skill wise, sorry but DBD players are basically as bad as LoLplayers, there's no shame in admitting that.

F
    A
    C
    T

• Lowbei
    edited October 2018

rank1 is the same as rank20 skill wise, sorry but DBD players are basically as bad as LoLplayers, there's no shame in admitting that.

F
    A
    C
    T

we get it. you had convinced yourself that you were experienced.

this vet thread and the vets who posted here made you wish that your opinion mattered here too. no offense, but your opinion has been discarded into the forum trash due to inexperience. this thread isnt for you. stop having a meltdown son.
  • MhhBurgers

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

F

A

C

T

this vet thread and the vets who posted here made you wish that your opinion mattered here too. no offense, but your opinion has been discarded into the forum trash due to inexperience. this thread isnt for you. stop having a meltdown son.

the vets that are barely better than people with 50 hours in the game. as said, even arenaplayers in WoW get more prestige LOL. The only thing you can literally brag with is your hours.

• Lowbei

You should probably mention that purposely de-ranking essentially forces the game to pair you with/against less experienced players. Giving them a harder time, and being more likely to push them away from the game, than if those players were to be paired with/against similarly leveled players.

If the goal is simply "fun" (Curb-stomping every match), then de-ranking is quite literally the fastest method to get to an area where you'll have the most "fun".

true, i assumed that since its a vet only thread that that part was a given. disconnecting, especially to derank to play weaker opponents, is not only weak but very dishonorable.

the threshold for dc bans should be much lower. maybe 20%. then people wouldnt be ragequitting every time they get caught. fortunately i see slightly less dcs at rank1 than low ranks.
  • MhhBurgers

@SurpriseSurprise said:
    You should probably mention that purposely de-ranking essentially forces the game to pair you with/against less experienced players. Giving them a harder time, and being more likely to push them away from the game, than if those players were to be paired with/against similarly leveled players.

If the goal is simply "fun" (Curb-stomping every match), then de-ranking is quite literally the fastest method to get to an area where you'll have the most "fun".

You don't need to stomp those players to have fun, I intentionally miss, let them escape n stuff. It's a great feeling being in control 100% of the time, too sad it's over at around what..20 matches? since you pip even if you let 2+ escape if you stomped them hard and hooked them twice each person.

• Lowbei

@Lowbei said:
    MhhBurgers said:

F

A

C

T

the vets that are barely better than people with 50 hours in the game. as said, even arenaplayers in WoW get more prestige LOL. The only thing you can literally brag with is your hours.

your inexperience is showing again. stop having a meltdown.
  • MhhBurgers

Funny are also "vets" with 2000 hours that took 2 months to get to r10 as killer in a system where they only had to facecamp 2 kills to pip. Barely has any of the Adept achievements, it's almost like he's very reliant on those addons and perks :/

But hey, maybe I'll put my stuff on youtube so you can learn from an actual gamer, I stopped playing other competitive games a while ago tho, once you're in your 30s you become slower, DBD is the perfect game for me in that regard since it's mostly slow and easy ;)

• Lowbei
    edited October 2018

Funny are also "vets" with 2000 hours that took 2 months to get to r10 as killer in a system where they only had to facecamp 2 kills to pip. Barely has any of the Adept achievements, it's almost like he's very reliant on those addons and perks :/

But hey, maybe I'll put my stuff on youtube so you can learn from an actual gamer, I stopped playing other competitive games a while ago tho, once you're in your 30s you become slower, DBD is the perfect game for me in that regard since it's mostly slow and easy ;)

lol i was a survivormain for yeah 10 months probably, and who cares about adept achievements? i dont do them on either side, as its rare that all 3 perks of a killer are good, usually only 1 or 2, but thats just logic.

your salt is hilarious, but you should calm down :) 

while you are on my profile looking at achievements, feel free to leave some salt like the rest, and check out my screenshots for some epic swf quadhooks.
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@Lowbei said:
    Warning. this thread will either make total sense if youre a vet, or upset you if youre a casual. if you find yourself getting upset about it, back up and recognize that it wasnt intended for you.

We regularly hear from low rank randos about how rank doesnt matter.

The truth however is that is does. The gameplay is far different at rank1 than rank15. At rank1, you deal with far more skilled players on both sides, who are bringing better items, using better offerings, and i see moris at least 50% of games.

The harsh reality is that the average player is bad, real bad. the majority of our population plays between rank10-20, however humans dont do well with thinking they are average. Its far easier to play at scrub ranks and tell themselves that rank simply doesnt matter, or that rank1 just isnt fun, which actually translates into “i get less points and survive/kill less at rank1”.

The result of all this, is that you see well known and even sponsored streamers DCing to play at rank15, because they can convince themselves and their followers that this is where the game is “fun”.

fun, means differnent things to different people, but for people who play at rank1, we play for a challenge, not SWFing down rank15 killers. if we didnt play for a challenge, we would be deranking to earn more bp per game with easier wins.

people need to start supporting actual skilled players, not these deranking scrubs. if the person youre watching is DCing, or running SWF and bullying low rank killers, stop supporting them.

if you like watching survivor gameplay, find some solo survivor, preferably one who plays with no items or offerings, or no perks even, and watch them. you will learn more, see better gameplay, and ultimately be doing right by the game and its community by not supporting bad streamers.

on a more personal level, if youre a player, stop DCing. get to rank1 and play there. your achievement for “getting there” means nothing. actually play there, for the rest of whatever season, and the next, and the next. you will be better for it.

if this thread makes no sense to you, or is offensive, then you do not play at rank1. you may have got there during a double bp farming event for the achievement, but you clearly arent playing there.

No matter your insults .

I am of the view that rank is just a badge that everyone wears. Hell i remember as killer many "rank 1'ns" that were the weak links of that game while the rank 8- 5 players were the strong ones.

So cut the crap.

But nice bait i rate it 7 of 10 .

• pauloandrade22

@Lowbei i got rank 1 with 10 fps last season and im currently rank 4 killer.

What does that make me then?

• pauloandrade22

@MhhBurgers said:

You needed 2 kills and a hook.

and at the time it was a lot more streeful playing killer by the way.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    edited October 2018

You think Rank = Skill? Hilarious. I've been playing since Beta, does my opinion count?

It's too easy to rank up on either side. Rank means absolutely nothing. Imagine getting a brand new account on OverWatch and hitting Grand Master in 50 hours. That's the equivalent in Dead By Daylight.

You talk about competition in a 4 v 1 video game. You don't know what competition is.

When I sit down and play Killer for 10 hours, hit Rank 1, and maintain it all month.. There is a problem. There's no such thing as "skill based" matchmaking in this game, so far less inexperienced players play with and against much more experienced players.

The first emblem season where everyone cried about the difficulty to rank up as Survivor, I played without perks. Guess what? I still hit R1 even in that time. I'm washed up in this game and play far less than I used to.

From someone who's played since beta. It's never been a better time to play Killer, and it's never been more irritating to play Solo Survivor.

• pauloandrade22

@altruistic said:
    You think Rank = Skill? Hilarious. I've been playing since Beta, does my opinion count?

It's too easy to rank up on either side. Rank means absolutely nothing. Imagine getting a brand new account on OverWatch and hitting Grand Master in 50 hours. That's the equivalent in Dead By Daylight.

You talk about competition in a 4 v 1 video game. You don't know what competition is.

When I sit down and play Killer for 10 hours, hit Rank 1, and maintain it all month.. There is a problem. There's no such thing as "skill based" matchmaking in this game, so far less inexperienced players play with and against much more experienced players.

The first emblem season where everyone cried about the difficulty to rank up as Survivor, I played without perks. Guess what? I still hit R1 even in that time. I'm washed up in this game and play far less than I used to.

From someone who's played since beta. It's never been a better time to play Killer, and it's never been more irritating to play Solo Survivor.

exactly.

• Aviema
    Aviema Member Posts: 45

how can this be competitive game when both sides can win?

competition a contest between rivals

contest
    a struggle for superiority or victory

can't have a contest if both sides can achieve victory
    can't have competition if there is no contest
    Both parties can achieve victory in DbD
    therefore DbD is not competitive

this is true as long as victory in DbD is defined by attaining a pip

• MhhBurgers
    Survivors were originally not meant to be a group @Aviema the game was meant to b 1v1v1v1v1. Survive at the cost of others
  • MhhBurgers

I got to rank1 toying with survivors and unless there's rewards for going further beyond I see no reason as to why I should try to master the game further, besides the only thing you can master in this game that actually helps you at high rank is predicting where they run in the big loops which get removed as we speak, groaning storehouse cough.

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    And if you play 240 hours under your belt because you played 10 days straight. You’re probably not learning much. It takes months to master this game. Learning how to attack the large number of situations that arise in this game. 
  • michaelmyers87
    I love it when survivor mains try to balance the game. Like you only know half the game at most lol. 
  • MhhBurgers

@michaelmyers87 said:
    And if you play 240 hours under your belt because you played 10 days straight. You’re probably not learning much. It takes months to master this game. Learning how to attack the large number of situations that arise in this game. 

Know what it takes? Play the right killer currently which is something the devs hopefully steer away from, I fully expect nurse/billy nerfs in the future once the huge loops are gone.

• Lowbei

@Lowbei i got rank 1 with 10 fps last season and im currently rank 4 killer.

What does that make me then?

someone who cant read the op very well or any of the posts stating clearly that “getting” to rank is easy, and that playing there for a long time and learning skill and experience is different than just getting there.

this isnt rocket science lol. notice that most of the butthurt salties who got upset at this thread, talked about that theyve “made it” to rank1, and its been stated at least a dozen times so far that “getting there” isnt hard. its playing there that develops skill. once again, like the rest, you have shown that you dont actually play there if youre upset by this thread, which has been reiterated by over a dozen vets.

lol read the thread before embarrassing yourself by being the very ones that i warned about getting salty in the OP.
  • Lowbei
    edited October 2018

i literally play solo survivor at rank1 every day, using no items or offerings. no, its not irritating, its challenging. you tell us a lot by your attitude toward competitive ranks. once again, those who claim that competitive ranks arent competitive, are those who cant compete there because its too hard, they simply come up with other words for it like “irritating”, but thats just logic.

also, “played” since beta doesnt tell me much. theres people who have owned the game since beta who have never p3d a single character.

• Lowbei

“I got to rank1” ...  “I see no reason I should try to master the game”...

lol we know. you have reading comprehension issues.

this thread is for people who have mastered the game, not randos who have “made” it to rank1, because thats nothing. this thread isnt for you, but thats been obvious for many pages now :) 

irony that the reason you are still posting is because you seek validation and for your inexperienced opinon to matter. it doesnt. get over it.
  • michaelmyers87

@michaelmyers87 said:

Know what it takes? Play the right killer currently which is something the devs hopefully steer away from, I fully expect nurse/billy nerfs in the future once the huge loops are gone.

I don’t know why people want hillbilly nerfs. He’s the easiest killer to pip against for me because no one ever camps or patrols with him. I’ve had terrible or quickish games against the hillbilly but still pipped. 
  • MhhBurgers
    The issue with hillbilly is that he's so much better than the other killers except nurse that there's no contest. Btw I'm gonna ignore that troll now, never heard of him, never heard anybody mention him so he's as random as it gets
  • Lowbei

@michaelmyers87 said:

I don’t know why people want hillbilly nerfs. He’s the easiest killer to pip against for me because no one ever camps or patrols with him. I’ve had terrible or quickish games against the hillbilly but still pipped. 
    yeah and its a clear sign that they are inexperienced when they beg for billy nerfs.

i think nurse is fine as well
  • Lowbei
    edited October 2018
    The issue with hillbilly is that he's so much better than the other killers except nurse that there's no contest. Btw I'm gonna ignore that troll now, never heard of him, never heard anybody mention him so he's as random as it gets
    lol the salt. your quest for validation from this thread has failed. come back when youre a vet.
  • MhhBurgers
    Nurse is fine - People who are bad with teleportstrikes
  • Aviema
    Aviema Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2018

@MhhBurgers said:
    Survivors were originally not meant to be a group @Aviema the game was meant to b 1v1v1v1v1. Survive at the cost of others

Everyone can still pip even if this game, in its current state, was a free for all. I don't see how what I said was contingent on this game being a 4v1. This game is not competitive by definition, even if it was a 1v1v1v1v1.

• Lowbei
    TheBean said:

@Lowbei said:
    i think that the fact that all the vets agree with the thread, and all the inexperienced players got offended, shows a lot.

This is why the post is horse #########. The OP was waiting to say that. Basically said it in the beginning to dismiss everyone not agreeing with their post.

OP was only looking for people to stroke them, while creating a post saying how jealous they are about not getting support from the community.

Lowbei said:
    Warning. this thread will either make total sense if youre a vet, or upset you if youre a casual. if you find yourself getting upset about it, back up and recognize that it wasnt intended for you.

• Lowbei
    Aviema said:

@MhhBurgers said:

Everyone can still pip even if this game, in its current state, was a free for all. I don't see how what I said was contingent on this game being a 4v1. This game is not competitive by definition, even if it was a 1v1v1v1v1.

what makes it not competitive? its actually very competitive, and has had numerous tournaments (the devs one was bad tho lol)

like i said in the op, the low skilled randos always claim that a game isnt competitive, not only in dbd, but any game they are playing. ive heard that from the losing side in every game ive ever played.

no worries, like i said in the op, salt from randos was unfortunately expected on this thread.
  • altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Sad thing, I believe OP genuinely is convinced their thought process is correct.

Where is the proof of this mastery you claim to possess? I would love to see it. I think we all would.

Also your comment about "not P3'ing a single character." What? I didn't know that prestige now also equals skill? I guess since all of my Survivors are Legacy P3 except Jake that makes me a God among Men wow!

I played for 4 hours of Survivor only today and went from R9 to R3 btw. Phew. Much challenge! I had to go pee a couple times, it was crazy!

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Lowbei said:

Your post, is a "stroke me" post, and I'm calling you out on it.

You make a post in the discussion forums with intertwined arguments with a dismissal of anyone who disagrees right from the get go.

Your post is like the killer main and survivor main posts who disagree with anyone who never reached rank 1 in THEIR side of the game. Those are the funniest.

Your post also smells of someone who is jealous of others... like your a streamer or something who can't get people to watch them because they aren't entertaining enough to retain their viewership. TIP: Stop being boring.

You basically made a big novel post crying about stuff in the game and then stomped their feet and ran into the other room while holding their ears, not wanting to hear alternate opinions.

Just a big kid.

• MhhBurgers

lol quoting dead by daylight tournaments as competitive, tournaments that needed to write their own rule because of the hatchstandoff LOL in a gem where devs officially stated that the game is balanced for casual play LOL

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

There are a few reasons why Rank doesn't matter in DbD.

The rank experience between Survivor and Killer is very different, and since I'm a Killer main I will focus on that side of it. Some aspects will still apply to Survivors though.

Killer rank is universal: Each killer plays differently and requires various amounts of skill and practice to do well with. Since Killer rank is universal between all killers a player who gets to Rank 1 with Hag is labeled Rank 1 with all killers. Even if that players skill with Hillbilly is Rank 15 at best. All survivors are practically skins and their play styles do not vary between each other so a blanket ranking works well.

The Emblem System: This system is not effective in measuring a player's skill. It only keeps track of activities and applies an arbitrary score to them. I've read several survivors mention that all they had to do to pip was a small list of activities during a match. Doing this over several matches given enough time will inevitably result in Rank 1. The same can be said for a killer. If they don't complete the minimum requirements they will not pip. It's easy to say that it requires skill to do enough to pip, but I think it could be more attributed to practice instead. We've all seen players at the higher ranks that make you wonder how they got there.

Time and Luck: In order to get to Rank 1, a bad player only needs to play enough matches to pip more than they de-pip. This also includes lucky matches against other bads, or matches where the killer lets you go, or the survivors make poor choices or dc's, or any number of favorable situations for the player. Skill isn't necessary.

Matchmaking: Their poor matchmaking system groups players together as best it can, but because the ranking system isn't skill-based it doesn't really matter.

Rank reset: A player who has reached rank 1 will revert to rank 10. Their skill level has not changed and it will only be a matter of time until they reach rank 1 again. A player who posts an accomplishment and is blasted for being rank 15 or 20 could be a former rank 1 player who simply didn't play for a few months. 

More skilled players in higher ranks: While this is true, it does not make rank itself matter. Upon reset, those players are all rank 10ish. Think about this like a cup of muddy water. After a period of time the same material gathers at one point in the environment. Then someone stirs it up making everything go everywhere again. Because it's so easy to rank up the majority of players will end up in the same group of players. Some good, some bad. You might end up with more difficult matches, but it's not because you're at any particular rank, it's because you went up against particular players who could be at rank 1 as well as rank 10.

These are my thoughtsvas a hag main with 1500ish hours, I've also made a video about this but the focus was against the argument that Rank determined killer viability.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

@TheBean said:

@Lowbei said:

Just a big kid with big mental issues.

Fixed it for you.

• Lowbei

Sad thing, I believe OP genuinely is convinced their thought process is correct.

Where is the proof of this mastery you claim to possess? I would love to see it. I think we all would.

Also your comment about "not P3'ing a single character." What? I didn't know that prestige now also equals skill? I guess since all of my Survivors are Legacy P3 except Jake that makes me a God among Men wow!

I played for 4 hours of Survivor only today and went from R9 to R3 btw. Phew. Much challenge! I had to go pee a couple times, it was crazy!

if you are experienced, then your opinion does matter, as strange as it is. most vets disagree, but your opinion has been noted, ty.

lol quoting dead by daylight tournaments as competitive, tournaments that needed to write their own rule because of the hatchstandoff LOL in a gem where devs officially stated that the game is balanced for casual play LOL

lol you have reading comprehension issues. i already said the devs tourny was awful. theres been better ones. you probably dont know much about the subject.
This discussion has been closed.