The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Wraith is one of the most boring killers to play against

Comments

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

Yh i know. But it wouldnt really matter when everyone could loop. Hit and run + creating deadzones would take too long on some maps. But all of this doesnt matter if the majority is not able to loop wraith and i dont think they want to learn.

So i just hope MMR is ready soon and i can see what a good wraith can do against a good team.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

Actually plenty of people are saying he’s on a similar level now. People are also calling for him to be nerfed left right and centre, which is laughable for a A/B tier killer imho. That should be the gold standard that other killers are brought to, instead of gimping good killers back down into mediocre territory.

Pre dropping weak pallets and especially camping windows works very well vs. good Wraiths. It’s the gold standard of how to delay the first hit or the down. Seconds count a lot vs. a good Wraith. Obviously he’s going to hit you @ weak pallets regardless, but that’s to be expected and he would be weak otherwise. Once gens get to a certain point he falls off pretty quickly all things considered, and he struggles to claw it back from that point because his downing pressure just isn’t THAT high.

Overall he’s a good chaser now but he’s still lacklustre at strong loops and pallets to balance things out.

His map traversal is very nice, but his pressure of nowhere near the level of S tier killers, so again it balances out. Mostly he’s going to hit you and run off to hit someone else unless you’re out of position. Positioning is paramount vs. a good Wraith. Nobody seems to really take this into account though.

Being able to run other addons is a nice quality of life change and boosts his capability a little but it’s nowhere near enough to boost him to the level many people are complaining about. His tier has gone up by one level at best and that’s a good thing. People are struggling because they don’t have experience vs. him, because everyone always assumed he was one of the worst killers in the game, even though he was always B tier, just never played.

He’s frustrating to play against, sure, same goes for several killers. Even I don’t enjoy facing him, but he’s certainly not OP, so I really don’t see the point of all this complaining. He’s not going to get nerfed. I guess people just want to vent.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Wraith is fun to go against, as long as they are not playing as Hit and Run. THIS is boring, because you dont have any chases as Survivor (or they are not really winable).

But going against a regular Wraith is fine, his Lunge is challenging, but this is ok.

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288

the hit and run tactic used by wraith players now is boring yep. its already boring enough with killers who nothing but stack 2-3 gen perks on their builds. Zzzzzz........

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Mostly it's just all seeing that bothers me. For a purple addon it's broken, like playing against a scratched mirror Meyers that has permanent Coup and moves at 150% with a minimal slowdown just before a hit.

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213
    edited May 2021

Yes, except Bubba.

Easier said than done considering some maps consisting just of dead zones and unsafe pallets where you will get hit regardless.

Only safe spots against wraith right now are shack, god bus and cracked stuff like stacked TL into a jungle gym window. But we all know you can't find such stuff on any map at any given point of time, so wraith basically just gets free hits with zero counterplay which is very fun and interactive gameplay.

I guess I should just buy a 144 Hz monitor and uncap fps if I don't wanna get hit by a flying wraith 100% of time. Or just git gud with over 2000 hours played already.

Wraith is literally the new Freddy. Demanding only a low skill level to achieve high kill rates.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

The killers are not boring it's the game itself. Same old pallets, vaults, gens etc we need changes to the gameplay.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403

You dont need a safe spot where the killer can absolutely nothing to "loop" a killer. And bc i play on a 6 year old standard ps4 on a tv which is even older than that you should probably really git gud instead of complaining.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Let's see: The Wraith is now almost impossible to see when cloaked, can come up on you faster than you can hear him, has the ability to uncloak without you even knowing it, and is so fast after uncloaking that he can hit you before you're even aware who you're matched against. None of this requires any skill whatsoever, it is now up to the survivor to have supernatural prescience, a camera spinning around them looking for a tiny bit of blur at all times, preferably playing with very loud headphones, and the ability to run faster than the killer which of course they do not have.

Nope, I see NOTHING wrong with this picture! More silent, less visible, and even faster than before? Sounds like a balanced killer to me! At least they addressed the one or two complaints about Spirit in the same patch that over-buffed him, right?

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Feels like Spine Chill is almost a requirement to enjoy most of the killers these days

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

(unpopular opinion) since windstorm was made baskit, just remove the addon and make it something else, so nobody can double stack it

• Amy095
    Amy095 Member Posts: 96

I'm going to have to replace the strings on my violin with the forums this week!

• Sweet_Potato

Do you think playing survivor is easy? Just holding m1 and occasionally pressing space?

The game should be balanced around 2k or 50% kill rate but in fact most killers are performing well above that value. If you are a decent killer you will 4 or 3 k 95% of the time.

Thats the reason why BHVR nerfed Freddy and not spirit or nurse.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Eh, Wraiths always been kind of bland to play against as he was always just a basic M1. I don't hate him but I don't love him. That said I've always enjoyed playing him.

I don't think he's OP or anything, not even remotely close against a half decent team, he's just kinda meh.

He's not scary when he catches you off guard like Micheal or something because of the stomping and the bell. Just kinda 'meh'.

• Triforcer
    Triforcer Member Posts: 180
    edited May 2021

This is wraith right now (and I say this from the POV of a wraith main):

(1) Uncloak and get first hit unless they are very near a pallet or window

(2) Cut off the window with Bamboozle (an absolute must have for any wraith), and go to the pallet.

(3) Most survivors will just stand in the pallet, waiting for you to uncloak. Bait the pallet by going to 95% uncloak and twitching forward, then immediately destroy with purple shadow dance. Stay cloaked, catch up to survivor in 2 seconds, and repeat.

(4) If a survivor tries to loop you, stand in the pallet and fake one direction while going the other (while uncloaking). You'll either get a hit or a drop in one rotation. Shadow dance smash it, and repeat the above.

If you combine shadow dance with all seeing blood (and run bamboozle), there is no chance to escape. At most as a survivor can chain 3 or 4 pallets together if you are on Ormond or something else ridiculous (and then have half the map deadzoned after you are downed). I've had "chases" where I never once uncloaked and smashed 5 or 6 pallets.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

There just isn't a whole lot of "play" with Wraith. You can't see him and no terror radius so, even if you do catch his shimmer, he's already on top of you. Then it's straight into chase which you will likely lose.

The only fun part about facing a Wraith is trying to lightburn him but, he's just going to catch back up to you anyway.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

They overbuffed him, that's all. Now every time he cloaks it's a free hit and he gets to come out of nowhere thanks to the 'true invisibility' factor. I really think they should revert the invisibility buff and see how that goes.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

To me, he's not so much boring but now more annoying. Without sprint burst or seeing him miles away, you have no real shot of getting out of his free hit when he uncloaks. Especially if he blocks you in.

It's never a good idea to camp pallets with wraith I've found. It's never a good to camp pallets with any killer actually but especially standing still playing the guessing game when chances are he can get you before you can react quick enough. I have made Wraith eat some pallets before by acting stupid like I didn't know he was there so he would confidently wait behind me to uncloak and BAM. Eat on that bish.

Anyways, my point is, he's more annoying than anything now to go against. I just wanna smash that spicy dc button. But I don't. 'Cause unlike some of my past teammates, I don't screw my team over now matter if I maybe hate them for sandbagging or costing me or another survivor life somehow. Unless you sell me out like a rat then perish but other than that, nah.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

I think Wraith is relatively fun to play against, the biggest "issue" is that they made loops where Wraith's windstorm power was unique due to being able to get hits where other killers needed to brute force have been nerfed so more killers can hit. While loops where Wraith normally had issues with(even with windstorm), where other killers did not, have been simplified a little to make it slightly harder for killers, but easier for Windstorm Wraith.

Essentially, the loops being adjusted have been Wraith's biggest buff, making him as dangerous as Doc when it comes to 1v1, without the requirement of good timing that Doc needs.

• Sweet_Potato

Dude, are you really telling me playing killer is hard and survivor easy? Just put 3 slow down perks on every killer and holding W will be sufficient most of the time.

You should really play solo queue for some days to recognize how much coordination a good survivor team actually needs.

The only difference between killer and survivor gameplay is survivors can a bit relax on gens, while killer has to stay concentrated all the time. Thats the reason why I can play survivor for 10 hours and killer only for 3 or 4.

• WexlerWendigo

Playing survivor and dealing with terrible teammates is at least harder than Spirit/Freddy/Wraith/Cannibal

• Sweet_Potato

Its harder in process, not the outcome.

Otherwise most killers wouldnt achieve about 60% kill rate on average.

Its even more easy to play killer today compared to older dbd.

• no infinites / god windows
    • no instant heals
    • nerfed toolboxes
    • shrinked map sizes
    • ds nerf
    • balanced landing nerf
    • exhaustion cooldown
    • and much much more

You should have played killer before 2020. THAT was stressful (and the reason why moris were so popular)

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

are we really complaining about a weak killer? he is decent now for once, what do you want?.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

I also feel like I need to be near safe pallets at all times when i know its a wraith. He catches you ANYWHERE else and you are for sure giving him that Free hit.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

He always was strong when played right.

The problem was that not many could or did play him effectively.

So he was easy to toy with when he was chasing you.

The only time he wasn't easy to toy with was when he was played right and effectively.

Now that he got some slight buffs, he's not that easy to toy with and thus people start complaining about him.

It's something that most people showed me here on the forums, is that they want killers that they can easily loop and toy with.

As soon as they release a killer that doesn't allow that or they buff a killer, they start crying about it.

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

You're right he's become a free hit powerhouse against even the best survivors. That's the boring factor. Would you seriously take spirit over him though?

There is a solution. Use windows and get used to double vaulting windows. No entity blocker when he's cloaked.

He is a monster on unsafe pallets. He is a monster on unsafe windows. Do not path towards them. You want safe windows and he'll have no choice but to uncloak and play the tile to block the window. That's all you can do.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Its not him specifically. There are a lot of pallets that pretty much unsafe and you will get hit even attempting to use one. All pallets should be at least medium. Hell, even Pig can crouch and dash you easily for a hit at small ones. Im looking at you Hawkins and that stupid small rock loop on Ormonds outside. Why put a pallet where a killer can stand on either side and always hit you as soon as that pallet drops?

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

He wasn't magically strong before his buff. If you're going to post and argue against survivors can you refer to the buffs and the number changes?

He got an extra quarter second of 150% movespeed. That equates to an extra 1.5 metres of distance he can sprint out of cloak. That is huge at every short loop in the game. He can uncloak at an unsafe pallet/window and he's guaranteed a hit now. It's not about making the correct read anymore, it's about committing to the uncloack at the correct time. There is no cooldown to this mate so you get Wraith's spamming this now. It wasn't done before because he couldn't make the distance in time the survivor vaults the dropped pallet or vaults the window.

This is part of what OP is complaining about and it makes complete sense. Classic killer main vibes from you. Note how vague 'easily loop and toy' sounds like. Stop being vague. Please. PS. Please format your posts instead of hitting enter after each sentence.

• WexlerWendigo

I can go many games in a row without seeing Iron Will, it’s not as common as many other perks. There would be more perk variety if they would buff weak perks, instead of nerfing the good ones. This argument doesn’t really hold up when every killer is using ruin or pop, bbq, tinkerer, sloppy

• Dennis_van_eijk

Why would I want to talk about numbers?

I just said he was allready strong when played right, something many didn't know how too.

Now that he got a few slight buffs, which you think of as huge buffs, people can't bully him as easily anymore.

That is the main complaining about him here, even though many try to paint it of as if he's "unfun" to go against.

Now that people need to plan their routing and think about how to play, all of a sudden it's not fun anymore 🤔

Btw it is good that you get those vibes but i really, really have to disappoint you as I play both sides and don't main 1 side over the other.

👋👋👋

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

It is very true his buff was unneeded, along with other killers that gets buffed including Clown. A good wraith before the buff almost never lost and now you have a bad wraith that never loses even against four survivors that tries to do the objective because he is carried by being overpowered. There is no counterplay to a lunge that reaches across a football field. He's like Freddy with two magical powers in one package and it's very unfair.

• TreMonkeys
    TreMonkeys Member Posts: 33

Wraith wasn't even changed that much

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

He's just not brain dead loopable anymore and they're losing their minds. With all this crying, I expect Wraith to be NERFED next year. I know it.

Look at Billy and look at Freddy... AGAIN!

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

I think that in perfect internet world, these pallets are a lot safer. Sometimes my ping is so bad, I can't get away with anything. I get janky results from trying to throw pallets or vault a windows.

I've thrown pallets, stun the Killer and, still get hit.

• wishwon
    wishwon Member Posts: 73

Tip as a wraith main: heal or try to look for shimmer.

• Dennis_van_eijk

They better not touch my bing bong boi 😡

Unless they are gonna buff him more 😬😜

But seriously, this is how it always goes and will keep going.

BHVR create a strong killer.

Survivors: 😭😭😭😫😫😫 this killer is to strong and not fun, please nerf.

BHVR buffs a killer where that killer becomes more of a treat and where you need to respect their powers.

Survivors: 😭😭😭😫😫😫 this killer isn't fun anymore, he's to strong now. Please nerf.

The vicious circle of dbd, bhvr create/buff a killer > survivors cry about that killer > bhvr nerf that killer.

And after that the process just repeats itself with new and the same killer over and over again.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

It's the servers being trash. I've had ping of 55 and got hit 4 steps after stunning a killer lol.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

I don’t know if he’s boring, but I’m kind of bored of seeing him. Three matches against Wraiths in a row tonight, then a Doctor, then another Wraith. How can I miss you if you won’t go away?

• Killing_Time

It's a known fact that survivors can consistently beat every Killer EXCEPT Nurse by just doing the gens. What is the uproar about? Wraith can still only chase 1 survivor at a time.

• Dennis_van_eijk

I think it has to do because when playing survivor, your hands will be held all the time over the years.

Which, i believe, has created a lot of toxicity over the years.

And they are trying to get rid of that more and more.

And survivors now have to but a little effort during the matches, not much but just a tiny bit more.

And many don't like that, so they just starting to cry about every little thing hoping the devs will revert things back (which they likely will)

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

We're whining about Wraith now. Survivors just never quit. My god.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

I mean, killers get chastised constantly for complaining about frustrating survivor things.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I guess I shouldn't have expected the Dead By Daylight community to take a joke.

• WexlerWendigo

I guess you should’ve expected that people can’t tell when you’re being sarcastic over text lol

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

well with forever freddy gone only the spirit that need to be nerfed. wraith still in good position for me

I like to play with him and against him.

• Killing_Time

She doesn't need to be NERFED because she can still be destroyed by you just DOING THE GENS.

• WexlerWendigo

My favourite game is when a wraith uses the bell silencer, sends us to Hawkins and then tunnels me off the hook twice.