50% louder than 0% is still zero.

13»

Comments

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

25% of zero is always going to be zero no matter if you add, multiply, subtract or divide. Finding out 25% of something is always going to be a multiplication problem. Again, I’m talking classical math, not the voodoo math the game uses.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Stridor is not the problem. Spirit is.. you won't see any other killer running that perk.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited June 2021

It's simple addition and subtraction

Base volume of surivors is 100 subtract 100 you gave 0 now add 50

That's half as loud as you were

Also they say percent so you have an idea they could be using different numbers like 10

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I agree with you. Just from reading the description, I would assume it's increasing the volume BY 50% OF whatever it is currently, and that Iron Will is reducing it BY 100% OF whatever it is currently -- always resulting in 0 if you run Iron Will. I would never in a million years imagine it worked the way people have explained in this thread.

It would be more clear if they described it as "raises volume +50" and "lowers volume -100." At least then you'd have the opportunity to know that it cuts Iron Will in half instead of being cancelled by Iron Will.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Oh, mechanically seen, they are all at 100%. If some survivors were mechanically quieter, they would literally counter Stridor.

Tbh, I personally think that Iron Will needs to be straightened to fit with Stridor, where Iron Will reduces grunts of pain by 100% and breathing by 25 or 50%(but, yknow, actually breathing instead of being sound bugged), as survivors have no perks that address breathing while killers do. Just like I want Stridor to have a secondary on-hit effect where survivors are 150% louder than normal for 3-5 seconds in pretty much all regards.

It would make Iron Will and Stridor more useful across the board, without truly countering each other.

• mad_hatter
    mad_hatter Member Posts: 121

I completely agree. It's perfectly reasonable for people to believe that the two percentages are being added separately, as they are being applied by two separate parties.

But it doesn't work like that; the percentages are added together, then applied.

Why have people jumped on this, believing that the OP wants nerfs or buffs? He never said any such thing. Why do people have to put words into people mouths?

And lol to the person who said 100x50=5000%. Where does that % come from? Shouldn't it be 100x50%. Try putting that into a calculator, see what answer you get.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

It's not increasing by the current percentage it's increasing by the base percentage.

When you have iron well-equipped the current percentage of the volume of your injured sound is 0

The base percentage is 100.

Stridor add 50% of the base percentage which is 50

Making your grants of pain all together 50

Same for no mither.

That reduces it to 50% making the volume of your injured sounds 50

The base percentage is 100.

Stridor add 50% of the base percentage which is 50

Making your grants of pain all together 100.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    edited June 2021

Read the thread before wasting your breath. As a matter of fact, why don’t you even try rereading the first post. I KNOW. You’re like the seventh person to type the same thing and I’m sure that you’re not going to be the last to misunderstand the point of this thread. Sheesh.

Anybody else like to repeat the strawman argument again?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

If you want to address the problem with the description that leads to you needing to change a lot of things about how Dead by daylight is worded they don't typically give actual figures very often.

This is not just a problem with percentages but a problem with things like a slightly tremendously and considerably.

A lot of things in Dead by daylight need to be straightforward numbers but again this has been a problem since the beginning I don't see it changing now