FULL THOUGHTS on the Current State of the game. My extreme disappointed in the Team. LONG !!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511
    Options

Probably the best thread made on here in a long time. Appreciate the time you put into the research.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120
    Options

It's been a long while since I posted here on the forums, but if we get a certain amount of replies on this thread you'll probably just get the eyes of the forum mods. But that'll be just it, with the way things are looking so far it's not good but it does make a valid point on the resident evil fans who happen to be newcomers see how this game is being handled. I was playing matches as SWF and they themselves thought that the game would most likely die due to the lack of supports from the developers. The only thing we can do is vote with our wallets because I highly doubt the developers would consider making the amount of changes you just posted for this thread. I mean looking at the player base statistics for the game as shown on this thread; those look like good numbers. But that's the gist of it all, is it not? It's most likely they're only paying attention to the amount of players that play the game and see it all just by numbers. I don't entirely hate the game either and I hope it gets better and fair for everyone. Sure the game can get frustrating at times to play when having bad performance in matches but that's an entirely different story as there are many strategies to escape as survivor, what perks to use and many more. The bugs are pretty much known by any DBD veteran whose been playing for some time, therefore bugs and glitches are inexcusable for this game since DBD has a history for having those.

So I'm one to agree that although we can be vocal about various issues the game has, let's all vote with our wallets and not just spend right away when new cosmetics appear in the shop. But remember that's up to the you if you feel like it's worth getting, cosmetics while they may be a fancy thing to have don't enhance your ability to perform better since that's up to the player. At first I thought this was gonna be a huge killer sided rant but it's not as it tackles many issues of the game at hand.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

At least they don’t make sequels every month and rehash the same game over and over and they actually let you write negative reviews and don’t ######### all over the fans with insulting messages like “I think we innovated to much”

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Best post, Mods please Pin this post.

I think you missed something.

Soloq & SWF

In order to Nerf SWF They need to buff Solo Q

My change is that by pressing a button a communication wheel will pop up and you Can say stuff like:

Generator Over Here/There

Come On

Go Over There

Save (Survivor name)

Totem Over Here/There

Chest Over Here/There

Heal Me

Yes

No

The Beast Is Coming

Hide!

And all of the survivors would have different voices,

And if you're scared of spamming, After you say a line you will have a 10 second cooldown.

And it's proxy based So.. the killer can find you if you say something in the wrong time.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280
    Options

I agree with the OPs post, but I will say that I do think the DEVs have been slowly getting better. I do think they are much better at listening than they once were. I think this post is an excellent compass for future improvements to DBD and I hope they listen closely. They might!

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,618
    Options

Alternatively, we get a game where we have 1 new mechanic a year.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited June 2021
    Options

Then, after all that, vote with your wallet. Go seek your bliss. If you keep playing, then we know this whole, long post was just hot hair.

Post edited by Moundshroud on
  • MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    Options

Yes, yes they are as flawed and greedy as EA. Do you know what was the problem with Battlefront 2? The grind was insane and some elements (the perks if you would) were tied to RNG or could be hastened by paying. It could take you 40 hours to reasonably unlock a hero. Lootboxes was what allowed you to get perks, and directly purchasing currency from duplicates. This is what ticked people off.

In DBD, the RNG and paywalling isn't as bad, but it's still pretty bad in context. Perks are tied to characters, and the shrine is inherently random, and you'd have to grind a lot in this game to get characters, or builds. You're not just locked out of characters, your performance is tied to perks. When it comes to grinding DBD is awful. Shards don't really come to you quickly, so if you were a new player and only want to play the default characters, it's pay up, or grind to unlock characters and grind them a lot more to unlock the perks, then grind through RNG hoping you get the new perk that you want, or get lucky and get less grind via the shrine. There's many EAisms to BHVR ATM.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    edited June 2021
    Options

Good job on this post! While I do disagree with some very slim points and haven’t had any server issues or console issues ever, I greatly appreciate the post nevertheless. To those who’ve had issues, I hope for the very best! This is urgent!

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Make hangmans trick make sabotaging hooks take an extra 3 seconds at least

• Wulfasger
    Wulfasger Member Posts: 67
    Options

DBD needs a solid opponent in its own game type, devs needs to be scared to lose people to some another game. Maybe after that they will try to take care of their own game. Even their character design.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

They are literally updating every character's design.

• Wulfasger
    Wulfasger Member Posts: 67
    Options

I didn't said they are not, they just dont give it enough care since those last DLCs, Cheryl doesn't look like Cheryl, Lisa doesn't look like Lisa, Claire doesn't look like Claire. New david looks like a chimpanzee. Meg's new hair looks like its glued to her head.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120
    Options

Damn I mean it's not that deep if you don't want it to be, I mean I don't know about you but if I had the initial idea of pitching an online game like this I wouldn't want it to die right away. I'd get some criticism from the people and what they want and try to incorporate some of those ideas, since some people aren't really the brightest, I wouldn't consider every one of them. Honestly though, with the amount of glitches/bugs that keep popping up for each update of the game it doesn't make it look any better even those for who are resident evil fans which also happen to be newcomers.

Oh yeah let's also not forget that this game is a product, that seal of quality should mean something when consumers are deciding to buy this game and it's content. Which is why we're here criticizing, not complaining about how unfair the game is because of how we lost a match.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

One think I will say with DBD:

Expect to be disappointed.

A simple rule that also applies for any WWE game too.

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 251
    Options

Well written! I stopped playing 12 months ago, RE Chapter was the only reason I came back.

12 months on and Behaviour haven’t changed one bit!

Extrememly disappointing

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

Commenting so this post doesn't die

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312
    Options

Hit the nail on the head with pretty much everything here! It's a shame that nothing will be done about these issues.

Ive been thinking about similar things lately with the game with just how badly the last couple of DLC's have been. And I I think the best way I can compare it is to league of legends. LoL pretty much pumps out new champions about every 3 months which BHVR does with killers. And not surprisingly both games suffer with bugs and the new killer/champ being not only unfun but their main power not working or them just being pure cancer to verse. BHVR have put themselves in a spot where they can't deal with the unbelievable amount of bugs or they just choose not to cause regardless people will still buy their DLC play a few games, see how broken it is then just stop, but hey they still got their $20.

So in the end since they can't handle the bugs and glitches so if they keep pumping out DLC to keep the game afloat and since we all keep buying it why should they bother to improve?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

And it got moved to Feedback.

Which is good since Dev team will read it right?

At least they should

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545
    edited June 2021
    Options

I agree entirely with all your points.

The grind is so bad, I think if they want to keep this grind, they should remove tiers to perks and just have everything be tier 3 stats.

Resident evil comes out, I need what, 4.5 million bloodpoints just to get them all to 50, and I might not even finish their builds by then.

Their communication is so bad. I would respect them more and feel more connected to them if in that huge topic they came out and said something like "wow we didnt notice it was this bad guys, I will pass all this on personally to the lead designer "

How did the RE map come out and get disabled in an hour - how did you not notice the issues after weeks of PTB ( so whats even the point of PTB ? )

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

Aaand this got moved, probably just to get ignored and devs can call it a day

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

So it would seem.

Then again, one can not ignore a post of this magnitude.

We shall see. It's not like we can't mention it in general anyway.

• Thytuz
    Thytuz Member Posts: 47
    Options

Amazing job and research, it's sad to know that BHVR wont even notice.

I've said it a thousand times and I'm gonna say it again if this game had any real competition it would've died years ago.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

I mean, as far as I'm aware, the Devs have done absolutely nothing to address the console optimization concerns. More recently of course they have but that's only because they broke the game this update, not because they're adhering to their promise of console optimization. So needless to say they can, and often will, ignore big posts such as these. I congratulate you for going to all the effort to write this post, although I fear that it might've been for nothing.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,731
    Options

Pretty sure all of these suggestions are on their list and all of them are probably +1 now.

• Pilot
    Options

They could honestly start with my idea of generators tbh & tweaking numbers.

The others would take a bit of time to do.

• NeonFlowerPower
    NeonFlowerPower Member Posts: 135
    Options

I agree with almost everything in this post.

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593
    Options

I agree I've stopped playing because of all these issues mentioned stopped a week after Trickster was released came back yesterday and found out everything has gone to ######### for lack of a better term I hope this posts gets seen by the right people but probably not as they don't seem to care enough anyway.

• Pilot
    Options
  • NeonFlowerPower
    NeonFlowerPower Member Posts: 135
    edited June 2021
    Options

I'm sure everyone here will attack me for it, but I do not agree with the gen tapping thing. There are too many slowdown perks to justify any sort of change to generators at the moment. If there were only one or two gen slowdown perks in the game, I wouldn't mind if they did something a bit more to the survivor's objective that doesn't include gen tapping. Until you can no longer STACK slowdown perks, they really should not touch the objective at all.

And I play both survivor and killer so no, I'm not being biased about it.

• Pilot
    Options

My apologies, completely forgot about my post.

Sure there might be a few slowdown perks but that doesn't quite justify that the killer needs to waste time kicking a gen for not even 1% to be instantly regressed and then for a survivor to come and just instantly tap it to stop it from regressing.

It's like trying to heal someone IRL, touching them for one second, and the bleeding stops.