The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors Are Leaving The Game

Comments

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Me too. Killer is taking much longer to find a match than survivor. East Coast, same times.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

"You can counter survivor meta EXTREMELY EASY. For example:

Borrowed Time; Go for the unhooker

Decisive Strike; Dont tunnel

Unbreakable; Dont Slug"

So a survivor brings these perks and get little use out of them because they don't get camped, tunnelled or slugged. And this is disappointing for them? I don't think that many survivors think that way.

I've known multiple survivor mains who quit the game or permanently switched to killer, and it wasn't for any of the reasons you mentioned. It was the constant bugs, the state of the game on ps4 and xbox, and the extremely stale survivor gameplay (the endless gen repair, basically)

I agree with you about a lot of the more recent killers being unfun to go against, mostly slinger, twins and trickster (for different reasons)

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177

I think that's partially due to peoples preferences though.

Sure, it's hard to come up with new ideas for killer powers but afaik most people really dislike "setup killers" like trapper and hag. Survivors also hate hit'n'run killers, see Wraith.

Survivors want to get chased because that's the fun of DbD for most survivors. You rarely get chased by a hag or a wraith though because their chase potential is rather weak and their strong side is to catch survivors off guard.

So the devs are pretty much stuck with the "Strong chase power killer". Anything else wouldn't be liked by survivors and maybe also killers.

Look at how people react over the slightest changes in gameplay, recently seen with Nemesis. "AI who helps the killer? Ermagerd, remove it!"

Even though I think that BHVR really lacks in multiple departments, I also think that the "boring killer design as of late" is not due to the lack of creativity but more due to the lack of acceptance of changes from their player base.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

maybe I'l finally be able to play Survivor

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

There's so much wrong with this mate

• Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162
    edited June 2021

I want to leave this game when I am with 3 swf playing toxic against me : (I'm a survivor main and I also play killer sometimes)

• they won't unhook me
    • they won't let me the hatch if I need it for a C.HA.L.L.E.N.G.E

This game is not good for solo queue players. That's my experience after 2700 hours in this game.

Whatever you will do, people will spill their vomit on you. You've been chased, did 2 gens and you want the hatch for your challenge (people can know it when you play a map in the lobby) ? No way. We escaped thanks to you, we are going to insult you in the chat and won't be ban : just have pleasure to be mean against people.

Survivors are moving away cuz of toxic players (survivors and killers), not cuz of OP killers who play fair with fun.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I think you're forgetting the game is near unplayable for a lot of people right now. That's gonna affect queue times.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited June 2021

The problem isn't a lack of wanting to change. It's just that the change is bad/boring. Chases against killers like Billy, for example, will always be fun. The new killers chaser powers just make chases boring with inevitable hits regardless of killer/survivor skill really.

At least thats why I find them boring.

Almost every killer since Oni feels like they've been designed around "one sided" fun. I enjoy playing as most of them but my god, they make me want to never play survivor again.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Ez wins are boring. My favorite games are where 2 survivors are constantly working gens and the other 2 are putting up a hell of a fight. Even the bully squads are fun. The games that arent fun are when everyones dead with 3 gens left or all the gens are done and ive got 2 hooks. Booooring.

• Wavy
    Wavy Member Posts: 162
  • HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

your not supposed to detect her traps that is why they are called TRAPS

• Schardon

Well except for Billy, what killers are you enjoying to play against?

Thing is most killers that stand a real chance against good players are hated by survivors. I haven't really seen may killers which survivors don't complain about whether it's them being too strong or "not fun playing against".

Most killers survivors don't complain about are the bottom of the bottom tier like Myers. Wraith used to be one of those but the buff he got pretty much escalated him from not being spoken about to "omg nerf right now it's super duper mega deluxe unfun".

• Schardon

I wanted to withstand but I just can't - Want to start talking about SWF with comms like Discord/TS then? I mean when hags Traps are considered "unfair advantage" what's third party applications then? :D

If survivors know what they're doing they can even abuse hags traps against her. All it takes is one survivor constantly following hag and activating her traps at purpose at max distance. The hag will never be able to hit you when you're doing it right and since her chasing power is beyond weak you waste enough of her time to lose her the match.

• Wavy

SWF is fine and balanced. You cant handle SWF because you are just a bad killer. this is very simple.

Some killers are more unfair than SWF such as blight, nurse, oni, trickster, deathslinger, hag, spirit, clown and trapper

• Wavy

Trapper is NOT a weak killer. I always get 2k or 3k as my boi krampus trapper at red ranks.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I love Trapper. Trapper is my relaxing killer.

Compared to basically every other killer in the game, he has very little going for him. He is no way of form "unfair".

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Thats what happens when they complete gens.

• Wavy

If u cant handle SWF you are a bad killer simple as that.

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 464

Never said I couldn't handle SWF, but that doesn't mean their fair and balanced.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I still find huntress, Billy, Leatherface all fun to play against. And those are all killers with chase focused powers. Demo too if it isnt one of those boring portal gen defense types of Demos. I still find Oni by far the scariest to play against despite his weak early game. Just feels like every killer since Deathslinger has been a real chore to enjoy games against

I think my hatred of newer chase based killers is the ability to hit over pallets or just make them downright unsafe. It doesn't make for a fun match when thats your main defense. If they added new mechanics for them I wouldn't mind. But I find them too easy to play in chases and boring to play against in them.

• HaunterofShadows

No it doesn't. It's the point of her power. If having a power is an unfair advantage you might as well just be saying we need to nerf every killer in the game.

• HaunterofShadows

Oni, trickster, trapper, and clown being unfair ok I think that tells me everything I need to know

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284

East Coast NA? Because I'm not having that problem between 9pm-3am est. My survivor games are about a 5 minute wait and killer games are less than a minute.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Yeah East Coast NA. 5:00pm - 9:00pm. Survivor is about 5 to 10 minutes. Killer is probably around 1 minute.

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188

I didn't leave I just started playing trapper instead. its my new calling I suppose

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

Just a thought on the points that you said were problematic to survivors:

Tinkerer: Countered by Spine Chill, and the fact that when you know they have Tinkerer you just get it to 75% and then leave it to pressure another gen.

PGTW: Countered by Repressed Alliance and/or ensuring the killer never gets a hook in the first place if you're good enough with flashlights/flashbangs.

Totems: Maps, Detective's Hunch, Small Game, Counterforce, if playing SWF just telling everyone to do a totem the moment they see it.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Nah, solo survivor is the easiest it's ever been. If anything we are losing more killers lately. I have a constant abundance of high rank teammates but rarely do I see killers on par I know personally just the bugs have pushed me off killer until we get better patches.

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259

Tinkerer- keep your eyes open.

Pop- don't repair gens until killer has lookedit after hooking survivor.

Bamboozle- if killer vaults. Leave the loop if you can't run him for 15 seconds. Cow tree is easy loop to spend more than 15 seconds without dropping pallet and bamboozle is gone

Ruin + Undying- Cleanse totems.

Corrupt- you should go for middle gens first so it's no matter if killer uses it or not.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
  • WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

This game isn't grossly unbalanced as you make it seem. In my Opinion.

• WishIcouldmain

For me Morning=Instant survivor game

Night=Instant killer game

• WishIcouldmain

The only killer perk and killer in need of significant changes that would be a nerf are NOED and Spirit

• HaunterofShadows

Spirit might not be too significant as its just a small something to give her counterplay while keeping her power the same

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2021

Killer meta perks can be countered only by doing the gens as fast as possible. There is a fraction of killer perks and abilities that just erase half of the game there used to be. I wouldn't say survivors are leaving but I can see it happening if killers decide to all at once just use the strong 1v1 killers and camp hooks for kill confirmations. This killer play style is the most threatening to Dbd survival imo.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

NoED is fine, the only people who hate it are Survivors who want to rush gens with 0 punishment.

It's a perk you can, LITERALLY, cancel before it ever activates, and yet Survivors are too lazy to even do that.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

It very much is. But solo survivor is still in a bad state, just like killer. So many people complains about both sides, and they are mostly right.

But I don't think people are leaving the game though.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Someone, please, @ a moderator to close this rancid bait.

• VoidGenom
    VoidGenom Member Posts: 16

what rank are you, im rank 1 both sides and survivor is 5-10 min wait time, killer is insta pop, in US east coast and only play at night post 7 pm

• WishIcouldmain

I know it's not that strong and an unhealthy design another reason it should be changed.

• Power_Guy

The whole point of NoED is the threat it has. Risk vs reward:

Do you genrush, and risk being killed in the endgame via NoED? Well, it paid off; the Killer did not bring it!

Do you go looking for totems, which delays leaving, and raises your chances of being seen? Well dang; Killer did not bring it! All that work for nothing.

Or maybe you went looking, and shut down his endgame perk! Well, your risk paid off!

That is the point of NoED. Remove or change it, and Survivors can slam gens with no threat of reprisal in the endgame.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290
    edited June 2021

You posted the answer yourself

Killer meta perks on the other hand are harder to counter.

Killer meta PERKS

You cant counter Tinkerer, you cant counter Pop Goes The Weasel, you can counter Ruin + Undying but it takes so much time. You can counter NOED but it takes so much time, you cant counter bamboozle.

Hm - So the killers are running perks popular with the meta?

Why not run perks that would counter these perks instead of running the same perks every game?

You can counter Tinkerer - Be aware of your surroundings and don't get snuck up on - Yes the killer patrols gens easier with it but a lot of perks give detection to gens being worked on - The solution is to make sure you're working on a gen far away or just do luck of the draw and have two survivors working on a gen at once to split the killers attention - If you see a survivor working on a generator be aware of their position and work on a generator farther away and try to keep the same % so both gens proc Tinkerer at once forcing the killer to choose which gen to take. If not just wait for the killer to chase the survivor off the other gen and finish it yourself. - This is a teamwork oriented issue

Pop Goes The Weasel can be countered with several perks survivors have it just means you have to run different perks - That or ensure the survivor goes down far away from a gen that's being worked on - This is a teamwork oriented issue

Countering Ruin + Undying is easy and takes two perks off the killers roster permanently for the trial - This is a teamwork oriented issue

For Bamboozle just be aware of your surroundings and be prepared to not re-use the same window twice in a row - That's really all this is telling me - Either you put yourself in a bad spot or you don't know how to chain different windows together. - This is a you issue on being able to run the killer

• WishIcouldmain
    edited June 2021

But, it's also can reward a killer for playing poorly and can excuse them for mistakes. Like DH. It might be weak but it is still an unhealthy design like Insidious. And there shouldn't be perks with this unhealthy design in mind. And no perk or power should at the end of the day come down to a lucky guess.

• Power_Guy

90% of Survivor meta perks reward bad play; Adrenalin, Dead Hard, D. Strike; these reward a Survivor for being found and hit or downed.

Yet it's not okay for Killers to have ONE perk that activates in the end game? A perk Survivors can turn off?

I think by 'unhealthy' you mean 'I don't want to do bones; let me genrush in peace'.