Killers are beginning to get tired of BHVR's BS

124»

Comments

• Legionair
    Legionair Member Posts: 196

Survivor never has 0 infor at loops. and stuff they can see over has 0 mindgame. also spirit doesnt know where you are, her power makes you invis if you dont run, I have played against so many and since I play spirit it is so easy to play vs them. she has counterplay but newer/less experienced survs are so bad at mindgaming they call for nerfs because its "too hard"

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,617

Sure, lower-rank Spirits are easy to play around, but once you get someone that's actually good with her there's very very little you can do, and any time you escape her it's the result of a lucky guess, not outplaying her. She does know where you are- she has sound if you don't have Iron Will, and she has the scratch marks (or lack thereof if you stop) if you don't. That's more than enough.

I don't think there's much more to be said on this topic. The bottom line is: even taking the ridiculous assertion that she didn't need these nerfs at face value, people making out like Spirit's been killed are being silly. She's going to be fine.

• Legionair

There is much to be said on this topic but I dont think you are keeping an open mind to the fact that every killer has counterplay. she needed a bit of a rework but this goes over the line of making her less of a mindgame and more of "Lets put survivors in the power role during a chase". regardless i agree to disagree as it seems you are deadset on your opinion which is fine, thank you for conversing

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

that was a bug that was still present after the nerf for a day. tell me you don't play killer without telling me you don't play killer.

They gutted her addons. aka they gutted her speed.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304
    edited October 2021

Killer mains tired. Buff killers.

BHVR bad.

• Audis
    Audis Member Posts: 18

From the Spirit's POV, every haunt is already a coin-flip (more precisely, requires game sense and correctly predicting survivors' movement, which is directly counterable by learnable skills such as not sprinting and being unpredictable,) whether you catch the survivor that is making no sounds and has no scratch marks.

Here the only real problem was the standing still mind game, which was a counter to looping using a single vault window/pallet which for some reason survivors demand to be enough to endlessly loop a killer till the end of the game.

After the nerf it will just be a case of waiting at a window or pallet until you hear the woosh sound coming towards you and then you slow-vault. No prediction, mind games, or being unpredictable needed from the survivor to outplay her.

I'd say the unexperienced low-level survivor deserved to always lose if they never stopped sprinting, and guess what, those players will perform exactly the same against Spirit until they learn to stop making sounds when Spirit stops chasing. But because of them, another killer is completely robbed of their ability to compete against high skilled survivors.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

I'm gonna make it real simple for you my dude. She's already faster than survivors while phasing, so it's not a big loss. If you can only get kills by using speed and duration add-ons, you're not as good as you think you are.

I read patch notes, I don't pay attention to bugs.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709

spirit mains still maulding over not getting free downs lmao

• Legionair

It was never free. nurse is mechanically even more powerful than spirit but you can still play fine vs her, she just makes you do mindgames instead of killer doing it

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

I don't like the nerfs, i don't think death slinger needed any change lol. Also in general survivor as a whole needs adjustment, it's too survivor sided right now.

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461

As a matter of fact, he got the uncloak boost BEFORE the movement speed one.

• PlayBothSideBruh
    PlayBothSideBruh Member Posts: 21

Currently, killer getting 3 hook is considered a win.

A kill would be expert, I used to get 4K 20% of playing killers.

For this week, 4 survived is at least around 75%

• SilentShepherd
    SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527
    edited October 2021

It's interesting to see this thread. I just bought DBD about two weeks ago, and have less than 30 hours in it. I bought the game to main Michael Myers.... and it took me less than 30 hours to figure out how bad the Killers have it.

I even made a thread a few days ago about this, as a new player to the game, having never played DBD before.

So my feelings are justified... the Killer community feels how bad it is right now. When I play as Killer, there is not enough respect or fear shown to me, and I don't have many tools to do things with. Survive with Friends organized groups flashlight spamming, etc... and don't tell me "just equip Lightborn"... I'm a new player and what you are asking me to do is grind DBD in this unfun state for 100 hours to get enough bloodpoints.... do you really think I want to grind this game as a new player just to unlock stuff so I don't get abused..?

Also, survivors just running past me to the exit because I need 2 hits to down you, and I can only hit you once while waiting for my attack cooldown... so a healthy survivors just run past me to exit....

also, the healing boon thing being allowed to be spammed even after I break it so everyone keeps self-healing and don't stay injured for long.................... this game is not fun for Killers.

Honestly, if the devs don't do anything, my stay in DBD will be less than 30 hours as a Killer, unless I decide to start playing Survivor. Most probably, I'll just switch to Propnight when it comes out, and only come back to try out Jason Vorhees to see if he's any good when he comes to DBD.