You need to do something about camping/tunneling BHVR!

Options

My friend told me yesterday that most of his games, the Killer just facecamped/tunneled the first person that got unhooked at 5 gens. He then told me it was happening during all his game that night. It was also happening to me the whole weekend when playing. The Killer just seems to really want a 4k every game, so he basically tunnels someone at 5 gen. It’s not fun and it becames boring to play if it happens every game. My friend already told he wasn’t going to play anymore if BHVR doesn’t do anything about it and it’s sad that it still happening every time. Is it also happening to you as well when playing Survivor? BHVR, please do something about it!

Comments

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

hey, It's all good. Just run DS. That, or get to higher ranks. After around copper ranks there are many fewer campers and tunnellers.

also, if you're tunnelled out of the game, just requeue.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

This is why I've been playing killer lately. You will see this at every rank, even red / high mmr because it's extremely strong to get someone out of the match asap. The worst is when they proxy camp you til stage 2 and tunnel off hook trying to be as efficient as possible. This is why BT and DS are must have in literally every single match.

I asked during BHVR's last Q&A if there were any plans to address extreme face camping at the very least whether it be a way to discourage the killer from sitting there and literally face camping someone to death or at least giving the survivor being camped some consolation points (Distraction for example) and they said that they're working on something right now but that it might not be implemented.

We can only hope. My gripe, again is with extreme camping. I'm OK with slugging (Not forcing 4 people to bleed out though) and tunneling as they can both be high risk high reward. Camping however, on certain killers is just an unfair way to secure 1-2 kills, possibly even more and always gain MMR which is pathetic. This game is about chasing and being chased, not hitting someone on a hook and teasing them at their helplessness. Seriously, some killers are just bullies and they brag openly about it on here.

• Nayru
    Nayru Member Posts: 567
    Options

i concur on both fronts ye

but for bt to be basekit one has to figure out how to stop people from stonewalling you with it (without 'it doesn't work on a protection hit!' which take a few seconds to consider what happens if someone injured rescues you) + figure out a way to deny some early gen repairs consistently

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

Play perks to prevent it, take protective hits, don't unhook after 1 second on hook (wait some time and do gens meanwhile, then do 1 for 1 if needed).

Learn to loop killer for more than 10 seconds.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

So why it's you and not your friend here?

Camping tunneling comes from survivors being too strong. So are you ok if BHVR nerf survivors?

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,904
    Options

I think it really has gotten to the point where the devs need to do something about it.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

survivors tears are pretty delicious lets not lie to ourselves

• Dino7281
    edited October 2021
    Options

Once you taste it, you can never go back...

I love to use Trickster for it, but Bubba is just best choice when your cup is empty...

Noone has faster tunneling than PH tho, while ignoring DS.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Ok if we're purely talking about camping and tunneling then we have no discussion to have. Camping and tunneling are legitimate strategies even condoned by BHVR.

• Dino7281
    Options

They said they are trying to fix face-camping (last Q&A, I think), but in a way that will not remove proxy-camping, which I have no idea how they want to do that...

• TunnelVision
    Options

Even more of a non discussion if the devs has actually acknowledged it.

• Dino7281
    Options

He probably meant the second comment about how is it connected.

Also BHVR acknowledged only face-camping, not proxy-camping, not tunneling.

• TunnelVision
    Options

He is just looking out for survivor side rather than seeing the whole picture. Gen speeds are an issue at a certain point, even more so with an organised swf. Gens pop so fast that killers feel pressured to get a kill and often camp/tunnel as a result. The two points coincide with each other; you can't fix one without addressing the other.

Unless you're in brown ranks or very low mmr for example. Killers quite literally don't know any better because they're inexperienced at the game and first instinct is to secure the kill. This works in lower ranks and they keep doing it because 'it worked before'. This very quickly catches up to them as their mmr grows.

Sadly due to mmr this is being more of an issue because at a certain point killers are not the power role and quite literally have to tunnel to even secure a kill.

• Dino7281
    Options

Yeah, those are basically situations 1) and 2) I mentioned. Because they don't know better and it works, or because they feel forced to do it, if they wanna win that game.

It depends on what killer you play. Like you can play however you want with Spirit and Blight, because they can get away with it, but then you have killers that are good at camping like Bubba and Trickster, or Oni / Twins that are good at slugging, where you are just having handicap for not using it and that killer becomes worse than actually is.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,101
    Options

That's just the game now. BHVR said that the game is a series of 1v1s so it doesn't matter if you are great at chases or get a 12 hook 4k when all that matters is how many survivors you killed.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406
    Options

Maybe you should try another game where the mechanics of tunneling, camping or slugging do NOT exist. Believe me there is. DBD has that mechanism and in case you don't know it is one of the most effective for the killer.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Its at a stage where you can foresee tunneling about to happen, especially of they've struggled, been given the run around or gen rushed. You can't blame killers for doing it. I try not to at all, but if I've been gen rushed and not got any hooks then I will do as a last resort 🙃

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    Options

Lol, they call following a single survivor and standing in front of him till he dies a "valid strategy".

Truly the ignorance is of the charts here.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

sounds like your teammates are feeding the killer more hooks and not doing gens.

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167
    Options

It kind of depends why killer is doing it, in my opinion:

• when situation requires it, because it's endgame or whatever else... it sucks, but alright, I get it, I'll never say it's 'fun' strategy, but I get it you try anything at this point to get at least one kill
    • when killer plays this game just to trigger and provoke people, you know, when they dedicate their time just to make someone mad (people have stuff like that put on their steam profiles or they say this on their streams, they openly say they want to make someone mad), I'd argue this is griefing and you won't convince me otherwise
  • Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    edited October 2021
    Options

I have to disagree with your second point. Most killers don't do it every single game to ruin someone's experience or make them angry. I think.

• Nomadd
    Nomadd Member Posts: 167
    Options

I didn't say 'most killers' do it. I said there are two reasons why people do it and second one is just pure griefing :)

I didn't say it's more common or anything, I just said it happens.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Get good

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633
    Options

Bhvr said what is a win in the last Q&A. For survivor its escaping by the gate and a hatch escape is a draw.

For killer its killing the survivor and 1 match is like playing 4 match at the same time. Because if the killer kill 1 survivor and the other 3 escape this is consider as a win against 1 survivor and a lose against the other 3 survivor. So hook dont matter only the kill matter.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

A vocal minority of people demanded a key nerf. So the devs nerfed the hatch.

"Do gens or die" = "camp and tunnel"

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331
    Options

As long as Gens can get done it so little time tunneling and camping will exist. At this point in the game's lifecycle, you basically need to accept that these are strategies that killers will use and bring perks to counter or accept that some games will just not go how you want.

• CountZeroInterrupt
    Options

Making gens take longer wouldn't discourage camping and tunneling. It would make camping and tunneling even stronger strategies.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

You're telling me you don't find this fun? :P

I don't think they can do anything against it tbh.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633
    Options

First picture is a wraith this is easy rescue and if you look at the game the killer had 3 hook for 4 gen done camping is the best way to get a kill at this point.

Second picture the killer could have seen you close so he camp but lets say he did not see you he have 1 hook for 2 gen done he do well to camp the guy.

Third picture again 4 gen for 3 hook he is trying to salvage the game and hope the other survivor trow the game.

Doing a rescue against a bubba is always hard because you need communication and flashlight to pull it off. Honestly in the picture you share i cant see why the killer should not camp he is litteraly losing and hes trying to salvage the game by using the hooked survivor as bait. Maybe if the survivor could have less power in the chase killer would stop camping and play a bit more toward the chase but right now survivor are in control of the chase unless its a nurse.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

It would for the killers who are genuinely trying to annoy; but the majority would not as it is just not fun gameplay for the killer either, to sit at the hook on 1 spot waiting for a rescue that may never come.

There will always be a minority that wants to put in the least amount of effort required but most of us play the game for fun and would much rather have time to chase every survivor multiple times.

Chase is where the fun is for the majority of both sides; generally people don’t play games to stand around waiting.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    Options

Do Bonez

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Yes your team stomped the killer to the point they had to camp in games 1/3 to stand a chance as they only had 3 hooks by the last generator.

For game 2 YOU could have been the cause of the camp by sneaking near the hook.

I don't see the point in this as every single last one is justified other then you gloating about winning hard enough to force a camp.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

don't forget they have DS too, so if they get off the hook it's bye bye to that kill given the current position of the game.