Options
124»

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:    I imagine if 1 of the 2 killers catches someone with Decisive Strike the other killer could just wait next to them and instantly down them again lol. But anyway yeah it feels like this 

They really should leave the balence talk to the high ranks and not the people who derank to have easier matches or new players. As in those who actually play at the highest level consistently. 

Devs should play for themselves on the high ranks in the first place. Now... Look at this, for example -

Look at his level and rank, it is obvious the devs don't even play their own game (maybe besides Not_Queen, but sadly, she has nothing to do with the changes in the game).

Rank 16. :/

Exactly... But hey, they know how their own game should be balanced, am I right?

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

I would LOVE for a game mode like this, this being said the mod known as @Peanits has made several good points. How would the game mode sustain itself if two killers can just gangbang one survivor for an instant down? Also, what would this game mode do in terms of lag and matchmaking? We need to carefully consider all of the variables here.

I just want the game mode, period. I don't mind if it ultimately results in the option to add extra survivors or killers in Kill Your Friends. (Though being able to earn spendable points while doing killer co-op would be rad!)

• RSB
    Options

@Peasant said:
    I would LOVE for a game mode like this, this being said the mod known as @Peanits has made several good points. How would the game mode sustain itself if two killers can just gangbang one survivor for an instant down?

Then the rst of survivors genrush, so the sword is two-edged. Killers could decide if they want to take on survivor down, or make two of them busy.

Also, what would this game mode do in terms of lag and matchmaking? We need to carefully consider all of the variables here.

Lag? There are games, where P2P multiplayer hosting can maintain even 16 people shooting, throwing granades, running and doing other things, so I think DbD could handle 8 people.
    Matchmaking? There would be no problem here too. As we know, most of the survivors are SWF, so KWF would be a mode, where they could play, and only there. Current mode would be solo mode.

I just want the game mode, period. I don't mind if it ultimately results in the option to add extra survivors or killers in Kill Your Friends. (Though being able to earn spendable points while doing killer co-op would be rad!)

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

@RSB said:
    Everyone knows, that SWF is not fair. Thanks to their coordination and voice chats, they gain the benefits of several aura reading perks, they can coordinate which perks they bring, they can set their roles (gen-rusher, looper), etc.

Dear devs, you know, and I know it. But what can you do? Deleting it would irritate survivors, which would end up in the drop of the playerbase and your earnings, which are important. Without them you cannot develop this game.
    So, deleting it would irritate them, nerfing it probably too. So what now?

This is my idea:

Split the game into two gamemodes.

1) 1 versus 4, 5 generators - The same as it is now, BUT without SWF. What does it mean? It means that ONLY solo survivors can join to the lobby of the killer. They cannot be in SWF

2) 2 versus 6, 9 generators - Yes, 2vs6. "Fight fire with fire", as they say. Let the killer play with his friend in KWF mode (Kill With Friend). In this mode, 2 killers join to the first lobby (the same lobby as SWF has), then they click "Ready" and create the proper lobby, where survivors can join. It would be the only lobby where survivors could play in SWF, and it would be OPTIONAL for solo survivors to join this lobby as well (just and option, in Settings, or in the main menu, which enables the solo survivor to play in 2vs6 lobby). Then, you could limit the teammates in SWF to 3, so there would be maximum of 2 teams of SWF in one lobby (but this is optional).

What are your thoughts?

As awesome as this is, it still wouldn't be fair. As someone said before, 2 killers can easily sandwich a survivor for an insta down. You would need some kind of borrowed time effect or increased invincibility frames to prevent this. Other than that it would be fun for some type of 2 killer game mode but SWF containing 2 killers permanently would still drop the player base, mostly the more casual SWF.

• RSB
    Options

Sure they could, but mind that when the 2 killers are chasing one survivor, tve rest are rushing gens. So instead of keeping 2 survivors busy, they keep only one.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    Options

8v2 works in identity where killers have much more complex and powerful abilities

• RSB
    edited March 2019
    Options

And it could work here as well, would be really fun to be able to play with your buddy as 2 killers.

• MhhBurgers
    Options

Also I love how ppl are suddenly concerned with balance when the game isn't balanced at all for SWF play which makes 70% of the killer roster absolutely garbage.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,225
    Options

Ive mentioned it multiple times in the forum, Identity V has a 2v8 mode running just fine.

The lobby for that mode allows killers to creste a duo before cresting the lobby, survivors can join in any number between 1 and 8. Killers have access to some predetermined messages/orders/warnings (protect gens, well done, too many here), durvs have those in default mode in IDV.

Theres only 2 maps in the 2v8 rotation atm and theyre big, and 2 basements spawn.

11 generators spawn and 7 need to be done to activate 2 exit doors. Not too sure about hatch rules.

Killers cannot use the same killer. Im not too sure how your currently selected killer affects matchmaking lol.

Survivors have a 30% repair speed penalty applied at all times. They also take 3 hits to down, only full health counts as noninjured and oneshots only deal 2 states of damage. (This works better in IDV than DbD because you oneshot instead of grabbing survivors when interrupting any action.) (Also not sure how healing affects this)

Hooked survivors cannot be rescued for 30 seconds. (Im not sure if that counts for the sacrifice timer but i doubt it) ("one camps other hunts" DOESNT WORK in IDV because of this.)

Survivors can carry 2 items. There are 3 shops on the map which allow survivors to buy items while killers purchase upgrades. (50% attack recovery, 50%ability cdr, 15% sacrifice speed and i think 4-8% movement speed) its worth noting that there are more items in IDV than in DbD, some actually brokenly good one one of the 2v8 maps.

Well i guesd thats themost of the changes.

From my own experience in that gamemode, killers lose if they stay together too much (but we know this from survs in dbd too) or camp the hooks.

I might add that this is more of a new gamempde than a solution to swf because ... well its a ne gamemode and there still can ne randoms and swf.

• RSB
    Options

Yeah, exactly this.

Identity V has this mode and it's working like a charm, I see no reason not to implement it here.

• MhhBurgers
    Options

Because of the same old "muh balance" tired argument. The game is not balanced for SWF in the first place but once killers could suddenly work together coordinated oh boy, ppl are up in arms about that thought. Hypocrisy.

• RSB
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hypocrisy is the thing I hate the most in people, to be honest.

And you are right.

SWF is fine in their eyes, because "hehe, voice comms are not that much, not everybody plays like the depip squad ;=====DDDD", but when we want Kill With Friends Mode they scream it would be too much for killers to coordinate.

And they could not bully one, R18 killer with 1 smurf R20 Claudette and 3 R1 Claudettes.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,225
    Options

Actually from experience, the killers dont really need to coordinate. While it might be helpful to know if the other one gets overrun by a squad. Theres not really much to say to each other.

Both patrol gens seperately, both chase survivors seperately, ganging up on a single surv is dumb and doesnt work well enough especially with the afterhit speed that disconnects attacks anyways. Additionally i doubt the devs would add coop score events for the killers.

• MhhBurgers
    Options

agree, running together to tunnel 1 survivor would be stupid and detrimental.

• RSB
    Options

Well, it is not all about coordination, but rather to be able to laugh together with your friend and have fun. Not only survivors should be able to play with their friends together.

• IMAFEEISH
    IMAFEEISH Member Posts: 87
    Options

Kwf would be awesome however looping would be impossible. So they would need to make a specific map just for it with all the spots a pallet could possibly spawn and windows too. Additionally they would need 8 survivors instead of 6 cause like i said looping would be near impossible so you will need all the help you can get. Maybe make vacumes come back for this mode too.

• IMAFEEISH
    IMAFEEISH Member Posts: 87
    Options

Also if you made your change of killers can choose to play vs swf no one would and if the killer did they would bring aids addons and moris almost all swfs have to deal with already.

• coryma
    coryma Member Posts: 6
    Options

I think doing different game modes would be a good idea. I also think just giving killers a bp boost against swf lobbies is a good idea

• RSB
    Options

Boost for the BPs would not be efficient. Killers would have to deal with coordinated teams anyway.

KWF killers VS SWF survivors is the way to go. At least no one would feel bad, because the other team can talk to each other.

• zimer
    zimer Member Posts: 119
    Options

yes please

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

I just want SWF groups to be required to equip a general pool perk called SWF which allows for parties with voice comms to form. The perk is automatically equipped in the first slot of any survivor that joins a Survive with Friends group and cannot be unequipped. This may be a band-aid solution, but I'd rather have some compensation for perks given to survivors through comms than no changes at all.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    edited February 2020
    Options

why is a 2018 post on the front page of the discussions? lol

Post edited by toxicmegg on