Fair and fun solution to SWF problem

Options

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@theArashi said:
    Devs already said there will never be 2 killers in a single game.

Actually, they said "maybe, but not right now".

• sHAAN
    sHAAN Member Posts: 36
    Options

i love the idea to have a coop killer game mode it could be fun but hard to balance

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@theArashi said:

Actually thats not what they said in the devstream, theres definitely a possibility but in my opinion its the wrong approach

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

@Master said:

@theArashi said:

Actually thats not what they said in the devstream, theres definitely a possibility but in my opinion its the wrong approach

They did say it would cause a lot of problems. From balance to mechanics.
    Can nurse be trapped in trappers trap?
    How can survivors ever save anyone when one killer chases and one camps the survivor?

• Master
    Options

@theArashi said:

@Master said:

@theArashi said:

How can survivors ever save anyone when one killer chases and one camps the survivor?

To be honest, there are so many balance problems in the original game already, I dont see an issue introducing an additional imbalanced mode.

My opinion to your questions:
    Yes nurse should be traped in the trap

The situation is not different to camping in a 1vs4.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

@Master said:

@theArashi said:

@Master said:

@theArashi said:

To be honest, there are so many balance problems in the original game already, I dont see an issue introducing an additional imbalanced mode.

It is not so simple as every killer would need animation for getting caught in the trap. Also one of the killer will be the host.
    If you have never played killer when you are not the host(possible in KYF) I will tell you that it is unbearable even in the smallest lags.
    Those tiny lags you sometimes get when killer is lagging make killer teleport all around the place.

• RSB
    Options

@theArashi said:

@Master said:

@theArashi said:

@Master said:

@theArashi said:

It is not so simple as every killer would need animation for getting caught in the trap. Also one of the killer will be the host.
    If you have never played killer when you are not the host(possible in KYF) I will tell you that it is unbearable even in the smallest lags.
    Those tiny lags you sometimes get when killer is lagging make killer teleport all around the place.

All can be done, the devs just need to want to do it.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

While I can agree that a 2v6(or 8) mode would be awesome, I'd just like to see bonuses being introduced to killers who want to face SWFs and then let killers who don't wanna face them Opt-Out.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@RSB said:
    Everyone knows, that SWF is not fair. Thanks to their coordination and voice chats, they gain the benefits of several aura reading perks, they can coordinate which perks they bring, they can set their roles (gen-rusher, looper), etc.

Dear devs, you know, and I know it. But what can you do? Deleting it would irritate survivors, which would end up in the drop of the playerbase and your earnings, which are important. Without them you cannot develop this game.
    So, deleting it would irritate them, nerfing it probably too. So what now?

This is my idea:

Split the game into two gamemodes.

1) 1 versus 4, 5 generators - The same as it is now, BUT without SWF. What does it mean? It means that ONLY solo survivors can join to the lobby of the killer. They cannot be in SWF

2) 2 versus 6, 9 generators - Yes, 2vs6. "Fight fire with fire", as they say. Let the killer play with his friend in KWF mode (Kill With Friend). In this mode, 2 killers join to the first lobby (the same lobby as SWF has), then they click "Ready" and create the proper lobby, where survivors can join. It would be the only lobby where survivors could play in SWF, and it would be OPTIONAL for solo survivors to join this lobby as well (just and option, in Settings, or in the main menu, which enables the solo survivor to play in 2vs6 lobby). Then, you could limit the teammates in SWF to 3, so there would be maximum of 2 teams of SWF in one lobby (but this is optional).

What are your thoughts?

9 generators are way too much IMO

• RSB
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RSB said:
    Everyone knows, that SWF is not fair. Thanks to their coordination and voice chats, they gain the benefits of several aura reading perks, they can coordinate which perks they bring, they can set their roles (gen-rusher, looper), etc.

Dear devs, you know, and I know it. But what can you do? Deleting it would irritate survivors, which would end up in the drop of the playerbase and your earnings, which are important. Without them you cannot develop this game.

This is my idea:

1) 1 versus 4, 5 generators - The same as it is now, BUT without SWF. What does it mean? It means that ONLY solo survivors can join to the lobby of the killer. They cannot be in SWF

2) 2 versus 6, 9 generators - Yes, 2vs6. "Fight fire with fire", as they say. Let the killer play with his friend in KWF mode (Kill With Friend). In this mode, 2 killers join to the first lobby (the same lobby as SWF has), then they click "Ready" and create the proper lobby, where survivors can join. It would be the only lobby where survivors could play in SWF, and it would be OPTIONAL for solo survivors to join this lobby as well (just and option, in Settings, or in the main menu, which enables the solo survivor to play in 2vs6 lobby). Then, you could limit the teammates in SWF to 3, so there would be maximum of 2 teams of SWF in one lobby (but this is optional).

What are your thoughts?

9 generators are way too much IMO

In the current state of the game, and the possibility to have 4 people working on one gen, while 2 are being chased? Nope, it is not too much.

• M4rkay
    M4rkay Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2018
    Options

Now, this was something I also some kind had a thought of, when wondering what modes that would be fun to implement in the game. I'm totally in with this idea. Greatly explained and well thought. I hope the devs will look at this thread.

• jiminie
    jiminie Member Posts: 200
    Options

I honestly like your idea, but there are lots of things that need to be considered, beside the fact that consoles would blow up in a 2v6/8 scenario, also you'd need brand new maps, way bigger than the current ones, it'd be fun but i don't think is goin' to work

• se05239
    Options

@jiminie said:
    I honestly like your idea, but there are lots of things that need to be considered, beside the fact that consoles would blow up in a 2v6/8 scenario, also you'd need brand new maps, way bigger than the current ones, it'd be fun but i don't think is goin' to work

Not when a lot of people playing killers are using McDonalds tier wifi. They can barely handle themselves and four survivors, imagine if they also had to host for another 5 players..

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@RSB said:

In the current state of the game, and the possibility to have 4 people working on one gen, while 2 are being chased? Nope, it is not too much.

Have you forgotten all the complaints from PS4 users about how crappy their experience is? Throw in an extra 4 connections and they'd be lucky to get 2 fps.

• Master
    Options

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

Have you forgotten all the complaints from PS4 users about how crappy their experience is? Throw in an extra 4 connections and they'd be lucky to get 2 fps.

They wont be forced to play such a mode. The 1vs4 gamemode will always be an option

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Master said:

They wont be forced to play such a mode. The 1vs4 gamemode will always be an option

Ok but then would you have to put a force lock in that prevents bad connections etc perhaps based upon history from joining? Since you know as well as i do someone with a toaster powered internet is going to try and join that.

• RSB
    edited August 2018
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

Ok but then would you have to put a force lock in that prevents bad connections etc perhaps based upon history from joining? Since you know as well as i do someone with a toaster powered internet is going to try and join that.

If other games, like Battlefield can handle multiple vehicles, destroyable buildings, way bigger maps, and plenty of players, then PS4 can handle 8 players, on a small map without complicated mechanics. They just need to optimalize it.

As to the internet - buy a better, or do not play online games, survivors often have lags and blame killers for it.

• RSB
    Options

By the way,could a dev/mod share his view in this topic?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@RSB said:

@Angie said:

@RSB said:

This is my idea:

What are your thoughts?

TBH, second one is fun in theory but it should only be a KYF and not it's own newly made mode. It would seem super super overpowered no matter how much more you add into it. And 1 killer to 4 survivors doing 5 gens, why would 2 killers to 6 survivors needing to do 9 GENS make sense?!?! The problem with this is either devs would have to add in more gens to maps meaning 11 gens total, or they would make one more additional gen and require EVERY gen to be done on the map which is impossible since 2 killers would just camp and rotate between chases. A better way for this mode is just increasing 2 killers, 5 Survs, and still 5 gens. It's a tricky way to challenge the 2 killers since gens can be done faster but in KYF you can use perks that make the game fun and balanced for everyone.

Why should be it only in KYF? And why would it be overpowered? Now, SWF can use voice comms, which is totally unfair, so why can't killers have a chance, to play with their friends in a new mode?

2vs6 - Imagine 8 survivors storming gens, as there could be 6-8 survivors at one time at one gen! It would be too much. 9 gens, because now survivors need to repair 5 gens, half from te 5 is 2,5, and because there cannot be 8,5 gens - we need 9.

i would play this gamemode out of SWF if they added coms in-game then i would be fine with this

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited September 2018
    Options

Honestly I think a game mode with 2 killers would be sick. SWF vs KWF is an idea I'm on board with. We could finally get that Michael and Freddy crossover horror fans have been wanting forever lol

As long as each killer can only hurt and interact with two survivors so they each have their own two dedicated targets to prevent coop tunneling. Survivors cannot see the killer that is not assigned to their two man group, and the killers cannot see survivors that are not their targets. Remaining two targets will each have 1 killer assigned to them.

killers will know which survivors are their targets by the obsession icon being around each player’s icon, the obsession icon will either be orange, to signify your targets, or green, to signify your friend’s targets. 

Survivors can hear the entity’s whisper when the killer they are not being targeted by is near, to warn their teammates not to enter the area. Survivors being targeted by the same killer, can see each other’s auras at all times, but not the other two’s.  

However, killers can see eachother’s auras at all times and coordinate patrol routes, scratch marks for survivors who are your coop partner’s targets will appear green,  but you will not be able to see their player models. You can still hear them and see their scratch marks. 

Killers this way can call out the general area of a survivor without knowing their exact location, survivors can also mislead killers by running in one direction, and using the second killer’s inability to spot them as an advantage and crouch in the other direction. Baiting a false trail.

Totems that are inactive will progressively remove the killers’ coop abilities. Orange totems will signify that they will impact your killer, while green totems will signify the other killer.  Destroying these totems will one by one disable the ability for killers to see coop partner target scratch marks, and eachother’s auras. Destroying each totem will decrease the effectiveness of coop abilities for the corresponding killer, destroying all totems will remove coop abilities entirely. However, upon this occurring, survivors will lose the ability to see eachother’s auras altogether. And will now leave much more easily traced scratchmarks for their assigned killer to better follow. 

Post edited by DarkWo1f997 on
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    Options
    I imagine if 1 of the 2 killers catches someone with Decisive Strike the other killer could just wait next to them and instantly down them again lol. But anyway yeah it feels like this would be way more balenced then the current 1v4 gameplay. Stops people from taking away all map pressure simply by running in circles. 
  • RSB
    Options

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    I imagine if 1 of the 2 killers catches someone with Decisive Strike the other killer could just wait next to them and instantly down them again lol. But anyway yeah it feels like this would be way more balenced then the current 1v4 gameplay. Stops people from taking away all map pressure simply by running in circles. 

And while they chase 1 survivors, there are 5 more working on a gens, so... I do not not know if 2 killers chasing one guy would benefit them so much. It would be definetly more balanced.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Options
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

And while they chase 1 survivors, there are 5 more working on a gens, so... I do not not know if 2 killers chasing one guy would benefit them so much. It would be definetly more balanced.

The thing is when I mentioned Decisive I meant the killers could use their coordination to stop the perk and then go hunt seperate people again. Though if this ever were to be added coordinated double Nurse mains will be terrifying to go against. Maybe this would need to be set so only 1 player can be the select killer. Example if 1 picked Nurse the other would have to pick someone else. Just a suggestion. 
  • RSB
    Options

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

The thing is when I mentioned Decisive I meant the killers could use their coordination to stop the perk and then go hunt seperate people again. Though if this ever were to be added coordinated double Nurse mains will be terrifying to go against. Maybe this would need to be set so only 1 player can be the select killer. Example if 1 picked Nurse the other would have to pick someone else. Just a suggestion. 

While the thing with Decisive would be okay, because well, it is Decisive, people should literally ######### survivors using this broken perk, I agree that there should be max 1 of each killer. 2 Nurses would be weaker, than a good Nurse with a good Doc, because of aura reading etc, in my opinion, and more fun.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Options
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

While the thing with Decisive would be okay, because well, it is Decisive, people should literally [BAD WORD] survivors using this broken perk, I agree that there should be max 1 of each killer. 2 Nurses would be weaker, than a good Nurse with a good Doc, because of aura reading etc, in my opinion, and more fun.

Good point there. Nurse is countered by Stealth but I assume she'd see the screaming survivors like the Doctor can. That does sound like a very powerful combo I have to agree. Not sure how Freddy will work though because the other killer wouldn't be in dream world so I suppose they'd be unable to see him? 
  • RSB
    Options

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

While the thing with Decisive would be okay, because well, it is Decisive, people should literally [BAD WORD] survivors using this broken perk, I agree that there should be max 1 of each killer. 2 Nurses would be weaker, than a good Nurse with a good Doc, because of aura reading etc, in my opinion, and more fun.

Good point there. Nurse is countered by Stealth but I assume she'd see the screaming survivors like the Doctor can. That does sound like a very powerful combo I have to agree. Not sure how Freddy will work though because the other killer wouldn't be in dream world so I suppose they'd be unable to see him? 

I think while Nurse should see the Doc's phantoms, and hear screaming survivors while playing with Doc, she should not see the survivors aura while playing with Freddy, for balance.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Options
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

I think while Nurse should see the Doc's phantoms, and hear screaming survivors while playing with Doc, she should not see the survivors aura while playing with Freddy, for balance.

By the time we get a mode like this Freddy should of been reworked anyway. Apparently he won't see the aura of sleeping survivors anymore and will see the auras of awake survivors instead.. so yeah maybe they shouldn't shere aura reading like that between killers. But should another killer be able to see the triggered Hag traps auras or would that again be too strong? 
  • RSB
    Options

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said: I imagine if 1 of the 2 killers catches someone with Decisive Strike the other killer could just wait next to them and instantly down them again lol. But anyway yeah it feels like this would be way more balenced then the current 1v4 gameplay. Stops people from taking away all map pressure simply by running in circles.  And while they chase 1 survivors, there are 5 more working on a gens, so... I do not not know if 2 killers chasing one guy would benefit them so much. It would be definetly more balanced.

By the time we get a mode like this Freddy should of been reworked anyway. Apparently he won't see the aura of sleeping survivors anymore and will see the auras of awake survivors instead.. so yeah maybe they shouldn't shere aura reading like that between killers. But should another killer be able to see the triggered Hag traps auras or would that again be too strong? 

Triggered traps, I think, should be seen by other killers as well in my opinion. They are just a stationary cues, not aura reading.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Options
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said: I imagine if 1 of the 2 killers catches someone with Decisive Strike the other killer could just wait next to them and instantly down them again lol. But anyway yeah it feels like this would be way more balenced then the current 1v4 gameplay. Stops people from taking away all map pressure simply by running in circles.  And while they chase 1 survivors, there are 5 more working on a gens, so... I do not not know if 2 killers chasing one guy would benefit them so much. It would be definetly more balanced.

Triggered traps, I think, should be seen by other killers as well in my opinion. They are just a stationary cues, not aura reading.

Actually Hag traps can be seen through walls and always face the survivor who set them off. And with certain add ons the survivor is revealed after setting them off too. I can tell which way the survivor ran by looking at the mud phantasms aura. 
  • RSB
    Options

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said: RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:    I imagine if 1 of the 2 killers catches someone with Decisive Strike the other killer could just wait next to them and instantly down them again lol. But anyway yeah it feels like this would be way more balenced then the current 1v4 gameplay. Stops people from taking away all map pressure simply by running in circles.         And while they chase 1 survivors, there are 5 more working on a gens, so... I do not not know if 2 killers chasing one guy would benefit them so much. It would be definetly more balanced.

The thing is when I mentioned Decisive I meant the killers could use their coordination to stop the perk and then go hunt seperate people again. Though if this ever were to be added coordinated double Nurse mains will be terrifying to go against. Maybe this would need to be set so only 1 player can be the select killer. Example if 1 picked Nurse the other would have to pick someone else. Just a suggestion.  While the thing with Decisive would be okay, because well, it is Decisive, people should literally [BAD WORD] survivors using this broken perk, I agree that there should be max 1 of each killer. 2 Nurses would be weaker, than a good Nurse with a good Doc, because of aura reading etc, in my opinion, and more fun.

Actually Hag traps can be seen through walls and always face the survivor who set them off. And with certain add ons the survivor is revealed after setting them off too. I can tell which way the survivor ran by looking at the mud phantasms aura. 

Of course, just like Doc's phantoms - they always face the survivor, and still, it would not be OP, only aura reading like Freddy has would be OP, I think.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Options
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:    I imagine if 1 of the 2 killers catches someone with Decisive Strike the other killer could just wait next to them and instantly down them again lol. But anyway yeah it feels like this would be way more balenced then the current 1v4 gameplay. Stops people from taking away all map pressure simply by running in circles.         And while they chase 1 survivors, there are 5 more working on a gens, so... I do not not know if 2 killers chasing one guy would benefit them so much. It would be definetly more balanced.

The thing is when I mentioned Decisive I meant the killers could use their coordination to stop the perk and then go hunt seperate people again. Though if this ever were to be added coordinated double Nurse mains will be terrifying to go against. Maybe this would need to be set so only 1 player can be the select killer. Example if 1 picked Nurse the other would have to pick someone else. Just a suggestion.  While the thing with Decisive would be okay, because well, it is Decisive, people should literally [BAD WORD] survivors using this broken perk, I agree that there should be max 1 of each killer. 2 Nurses would be weaker, than a good Nurse with a good Doc, because of aura reading etc, in my opinion, and more fun.

Of course, just like Doc's phantoms - they always face the survivor, and still, it would not be OP, only aura reading like Freddy has would be OP, I think.

They'll probably test this sort of thing in a PTB anyway. That'll help decide what should and shouldn't work with other killers. 
  • RSB
    Options

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:    RSB said:

The thing is when I mentioned Decisive I meant the killers could use their coordination to stop the perk and then go hunt seperate people again. Though if this ever were to be added coordinated double Nurse mains will be terrifying to go against. Maybe this would need to be set so only 1 player can be the select killer. Example if 1 picked Nurse the other would have to pick someone else. Just a suggestion.         While the thing with Decisive would be okay, because well, it is Decisive, people should literally [BAD WORD] survivors using this broken perk, I agree that there should be max 1 of each killer. 2 Nurses would be weaker, than a good Nurse with a good Doc, because of aura reading etc, in my opinion, and more fun.

Good point there. Nurse is countered by Stealth but I assume she'd see the screaming survivors like the Doctor can. That does sound like a very powerful combo I have to agree. Not sure how Freddy will work though because the other killer wouldn't be in dream world so I suppose they'd be unable to see him?  I think while Nurse should see the Doc's phantoms, and hear screaming survivors while playing with Doc, she should not see the survivors aura while playing with Freddy, for balance.

They'll probably test this sort of thing in a PTB anyway. That'll help decide what should and shouldn't work with other killers. 

Of course, I agree, but... We all know how PTBs work here. If something is not approved by survivors, it won't go through. And that's the issue.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Options
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

The thing is when I mentioned Decisive I meant the killers could use their coordination to stop the perk and then go hunt seperate people again. Though if this ever were to be added coordinated double Nurse mains will be terrifying to go against. Maybe this would need to be set so only 1 player can be the select killer. Example if 1 picked Nurse the other would have to pick someone else. Just a suggestion.         While the thing with Decisive would be okay, because well, it is Decisive, people should literally [BAD WORD] survivors using this broken perk, I agree that there should be max 1 of each killer. 2 Nurses would be weaker, than a good Nurse with a good Doc, because of aura reading etc, in my opinion, and more fun.

Good point there. Nurse is countered by Stealth but I assume she'd see the screaming survivors like the Doctor can. That does sound like a very powerful combo I have to agree. Not sure how Freddy will work though because the other killer wouldn't be in dream world so I suppose they'd be unable to see him?  I think while Nurse should see the Doc's phantoms, and hear screaming survivors while playing with Doc, she should not see the survivors aura while playing with Freddy, for balance.

Of course, I agree, but... We all know how PTBs work here. If something is not approved by survivors, it won't go through. And that's the issue.

They really should leave the balence talk to the high ranks and not the people who derank to have easier matches or new players. As in those who actually play at the highest level consistently. 
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    Huntress's weakness - Stealth
    Doctor's strength - Tracking

Oh, ho, ho. . .
  • RSB
    Options

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

Good point there. Nurse is countered by Stealth but I assume she'd see the screaming survivors like the Doctor can. That does sound like a very powerful combo I have to agree. Not sure how Freddy will work though because the other killer wouldn't be in dream world so I suppose they'd be unable to see him?         I think while Nurse should see the Doc's phantoms, and hear screaming survivors while playing with Doc, she should not see the survivors aura while playing with Freddy, for balance.

By the time we get a mode like this Freddy should of been reworked anyway. Apparently he won't see the aura of sleeping survivors anymore and will see the auras of awake survivors instead.. so yeah maybe they shouldn't shere aura reading like that between killers. But should another killer be able to see the triggered Hag traps auras or would that again be too strong?  Triggered traps, I think, should be seen by other killers as well in my opinion. They are just a stationary cues, not aura reading.

Of course, just like Doc's phantoms  - they always face the survivor, and still, it would not be OP, only aura reading like Freddy has would be OP, I think.

They really should leave the balence talk to the high ranks and not the people who derank to have easier matches or new players. As in those who actually play at the highest level consistently. 

Devs should play for themselves on the high ranks in the first place. Now... Look at this, for example -

Look at his level and rank, it is obvious the devs don't even play their own game (maybe besides Not_Queen, but sadly, she has nothing to do with the changes in the game).

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Options
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

Good point there. Nurse is countered by Stealth but I assume she'd see the screaming survivors like the Doctor can. That does sound like a very powerful combo I have to agree. Not sure how Freddy will work though because the other killer wouldn't be in dream world so I suppose they'd be unable to see him?         I think while Nurse should see the Doc's phantoms, and hear screaming survivors while playing with Doc, she should not see the survivors aura while playing with Freddy, for balance.

By the time we get a mode like this Freddy should of been reworked anyway. Apparently he won't see the aura of sleeping survivors anymore and will see the auras of awake survivors instead.. so yeah maybe they shouldn't shere aura reading like that between killers. But should another killer be able to see the triggered Hag traps auras or would that again be too strong?  Triggered traps, I think, should be seen by other killers as well in my opinion. They are just a stationary cues, not aura reading.

Of course, just like Doc's phantoms  - they always face the survivor, and still, it would not be OP, only aura reading like Freddy has would be OP, I think.

Devs should play for themselves on the high ranks in the first place. Now... Look at this, for example -    

Look at his level and rank, it is obvious the devs don't even play their own game (maybe besides Not_Queen, but sadly, she has nothing to do with the changes in the game).

Unfortunately I'm on mobile so can't really see that right now but I'm guessing he's low ranked or made some bad plays or something along those lines? 
  • RSB
    edited October 2018
    Options

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

By the time we get a mode like this Freddy should of been reworked anyway. Apparently he won't see the aura of sleeping survivors anymore and will see the auras of awake survivors instead.. so yeah maybe they shouldn't shere aura reading like that between killers. But should another killer be able to see the triggered Hag traps auras or would that again be too strong?         Triggered traps, I think, should be seen by other killers as well in my opinion. They are just a stationary cues, not aura reading.

Actually Hag traps can be seen through walls and always face the survivor who set them off. And with certain add ons the survivor is revealed after setting them off too. I can tell which way the survivor ran by looking at the mud phantasms aura.  Of course, just like Doc's phantoms - they always face the survivor, and still, it would not be OP, only aura reading like Freddy has would be OP, I think.

Unfortunately I'm on mobile so can't really see that right now but I'm guessing he's low ranked or made some bad plays or something along those lines? 

McCote has level 19 and is on R16 in his own game. Yet, he is in charge of deciding about balance.
    Don't get me wrong, I like that guy, but he is responsible of balance in here, and how can you be responsible for balance, when you play below the R15?

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Options
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

RSB said:

By the time we get a mode like this Freddy should of been reworked anyway. Apparently he won't see the aura of sleeping survivors anymore and will see the auras of awake survivors instead.. so yeah maybe they shouldn't shere aura reading like that between killers. But should another killer be able to see the triggered Hag traps auras or would that again be too strong?         Triggered traps, I think, should be seen by other killers as well in my opinion. They are just a stationary cues, not aura reading.

Actually Hag traps can be seen through walls and always face the survivor who set them off. And with certain add ons the survivor is revealed after setting them off too. I can tell which way the survivor ran by looking at the mud phantasms aura.  Of course, just like Doc's phantoms - they always face the survivor, and still, it would not be OP, only aura reading like Freddy has would be OP, I think.

McCote has level 19 and is on R16 in his own game. Yet, he is in charge of deciding about balance.
    Don't get me wrong, I like that guy, but he is responsible of balance in here, and how can you be responsible for balance, when you play below the R15?

Oh I see. They really should look towards people at the highest level to balence the game around. New players may complain sure but most PvP games are supposed to be hard at first. The game should stop being balenced around rank 20s or something. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

When i look at it in a simplified way...

Mode #1: Lack of Survivors.
    Mode #2: Lack of Killers.

Especially the former statement would hold more value, since there's numbers to back it up.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

What if we just take a couple killers and lock them in a larger map with 1 or 2 more survivors?

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

@Peasant said:
    What if we just take a couple killers and lock them in a larger map with 1 or 2 more survivors?

Oh yes

• Sargeant_Jaguar
    Sargeant_Jaguar Member Posts: 3
    Options

Developers. PLEASE LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY. Yeah camping a hooked survivor or tunneling is toxic enough but SWF is 10x WORSE. They have their voice chats, they can synergize perks and they can pretty much tell each other where the Killer is, and what they are doing. In the end you end up with 1 flashlight user and 3 Megs looking the same constantly t-bagging or spamming their flashlight. You guys are the ones who wanted the games less toxic too. So please, do something about it. It is ruining my experience with the game.

• se05239
    Options

@RSB said:

I got a suggestion thread somewhere about a mandatory "play killer" day for the developers, so that they can enjoy the game they're developing.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    Bump
  • RSB
    Options

@se05239 said:

@RSB said:

I got a suggestion thread somewhere about a mandatory "play killer" day for the developers, so that they can enjoy the game they're developing.

I would add, a mandatory "play at R1 as a killer day", maybe every Friday? Would be fun to see it.

• se05239
    Options

@RSB said:

@se05239 said:

@RSB said:

I would add, a mandatory "play at R1 as a killer day", maybe every Friday? Would be fun to see it.

Eh, Fridays aren't a good day for it. They'd game, go home and forget. It's better to have it on a Thursday, for example, so they can discuss their experiences together the day after or so.

Just gonna shamelessly drop a link to my post here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/11734/lets-play-killer-day-for-the-developers/p1

• RSB
    Options

@se05239 said:

@RSB said:

@se05239 said:

@RSB said:

Eh, Fridays aren't a good day for it. They'd game, go home and forget. It's better to have it on a Thursday, for example, so they can discuss their experiences together the day after or so.

Just gonna shamelessly drop a link to my post here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/11734/lets-play-killer-day-for-the-developers/p1

Hm, if it would be on Thursday, wouldn't it collide with the streams? Maybe Wednesday?

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options

The game isn't very optimized on PC and I hear horror stories about it on console. I can't imagine how a 2 vs 6 mode would run on console.

• RSB
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    The game isn't very optimized on PC and I hear horror stories about it on console. I can't imagine how a 2 vs 6 mode would run on console.

As I said before, if consoles can handle games like BF, where ~30 players are shooting, driving vehicles and destroying buildings, then consoles can handle 8 players doing basic things as moving, or holding M1. Devs just need to fix the optimalization.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@RSB said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:    I imagine if 1 of the 2 killers catches someone with Decisive Strike the other killer could just wait next to them and instantly down them again lol. But anyway yeah it feels like this 

Rank 16. :/