Otzdarva is proving you that the game is not Survivor sided

Options

Yesterday Otzdarva made a stream when he tried to prove this point.

So he took every killer, he used really good perks and god tier addons and played.

He obliterated every lobby (most of the time, it was with 4 gens left). Of course sometimes survivors were'nt that strong, but still they at least played DS/DH.

As a killer main (95%/5% killer/survivor). I do not know what to think about ? Am I delusional to think that survivors have advantages over the killer ? But my POV is biaised by the fact I only played killer since I started plyaing (around 200h)

I would like to know what do you think about this ? Does it prove that the game is not survivor sided ? What is your POV on that ? Please also let know other people which role you main !

Comments

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Otz vs RNG lobbies when not playing gimped is rarely going to be a fair comparison. The guy plays all the time, knows both sides, and is really good on top of that.

Like, there's a reason his 50-win streaks were without addons (or trading a perk slot for a necessary addon in some killers) even with the extra-stringent win condition he put in place, when matchmaking was even further potato.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited December 2021
    Options

Yeah and I wouldn't say he is affraid to tunnel... He does it more than before lately.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,928
    Options

It doesn't prove anything other than a highly-skilled individual with the strongest add-ons can beat those survivors he played at that point in time, on that day, on that map, with those actions. I understand where he is coming from, but it doesn't really add anything to thw argument, in my view.

I really don't know whether the game is biased towards one side and I have no major interest as to it neither. But every single trial is unique with so many factors to consider. Certain things can tip the scales, such as SWF comms or a pro-killer, alongside all that rng, but it's not clear-cut. Indeed, the kill rates I saw recently still indicate killers that are lower down in tier-lists like Pig or Cannibal out-perform higher-tiered killers like Spirit or Nurse (who has the worst kill rate). Again, of course this is down to many factors, but the fact is on average that is what the killer results are. According to results, Pig is S-Tier and Myers (who a lot mock for being weak) still has one of the highest kill rates.

So ultimately, the idea of the game being biased towards one side or the other is subjective. According to above, it's slightly killer-sided, unless you're playing Trickster or Nurse when it becomes survivor-sided. And even that assumption is wrong because of so many other factors, but really this is the only solid evidence available to go on.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

I don't think so. Before boons and MMR killers had higher winrate. Now most of them can't kill that easily.

If they run pink add-ons, it can be broken just like Coh etc and pretty much carry their match.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

That's not really how it works. Did you really just say that this game is survivor sided for Nurse?

You see, it's kinda dumb to say 50% is balanced. You camp first survivor and then get second kill with NOED? Is it balanced game?

Even when you played really bad, if you didn't give up you can get at least 1 kill, so it's not between 0-4, but results are between 1-4.

• Shenlong1904
    Shenlong1904 Member Posts: 293
    Options
  • TheycallmeLix
    TheycallmeLix Member Posts: 334
    Options

Who cares what Otzdarva says? He proved a point, so what? Like it’s going to change the game completely.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,084
    Options

The game is absolutely survivor sided at high mmr. Being survivor sided does not mean killers can't win. I think you need to experience high mmr games before stating whether or not the game is x sided.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

The comp scene literally proves that this game favors survivor.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

That doesn't prove anything.

• Fantasy
    Fantasy Member Posts: 451
    Options

Otz has paid actors though.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Well, as an opinion that I highly respect on the forums, I will concede to your experience.

I don't play that way anymore, so I know my games are more chill ,but, all winnable.

But, if you face constant teams of survivors with the skillset of say an Ayrun, then I imagine it would be quite difficult. But how do you balance around just these two playstyles alone? And I'm sure there are many more.

High MMRers may have no choice but to play this way, because if balanced for high mmr it would kill the game for chill casual players.

If anything, I'd say adjust gen speeds to correlate with higher MMR players.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277
    Options

One thing I think is funny about him is the fact that I watched a video of his claiming that "oh, sometimes you can't win, relax a bit, learn more, you can't be as good as you think you are so cool off if you lose,yadda yadda.." on the other hand of the channel you have things like "100 killer streaks" lol

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,598
    Options

Well, it actually isn't balanced because I'm 4K'ing.

But yeah, it just isn't fun.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

I mean he makes money (partially) off streaming Dead by Daylight, so its not much of a strectch to see that he would be winning a lot.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Unironically, a certain dev plays exactly like in your noed example. It makes one put things into perspective.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    edited December 2021
    Options

the thing i hate the most about these post is they don't post a clip.

You have ZERO excuses, twitch has a clipping system and otz doesn't care if you clip/post his stuff, the least you could do is provide a link.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

Did you not see that compared to his other streaks, he got a 20 on Pinhead instead of his usual 50?

Just because you used meta builds doesn't mean you'll always win, the game still takes skill to play and trust me when I say most of the killers in dbd get utterly dominated by higher tier survivors compared to the higher tier killers against higher tier survivors

You are more likely going to 4k with Nurse than 4k with Pinhead for example

BHVR needs to go through and fix all the killers in dbd that simply do not fit with the gameplay now (Pig, trapper, pinhead, legion, Twins, Demo *Probably not demo but still mentioning it*, Ghostface, Nemesis, Freddy again, Michael, Wraith, Trickster, and Slinger) and bring them up to the degree of the higher tier killers, but also work on the perks that people forgot even existed (Lmao ya'll 100% forgot hangman's trick existed, along with many others), same goes for the survivor perks that are also utterly useless and bring them to the strength that the survivor meta holds onto (Nobody uses visionary)

• aknitus
    aknitus Member Posts: 124
    Options

Who is Otzdarva?

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

That doesn't prove anything.

Otz is an experienced player who has been in the Fog since Pig's release. His content proves that an experienced player could win against those specific Survivors, at that point in time, by using a specific build and playing in a specific manner.

The things is, not every single killer has the same level of experience, or wants to run the same builds, or will face the same survivors, and the list goes on...

Streamers like him play DBD for 8 hours a day or so because they get payed to, and that obviously makes you see the game through a different approach that doesn't reflect how the situation actually is for the majority of the community.

Is killer impossible? Nope, definitely not.

Is this the best it has ever been for killers? Also no.

MMR shenanigans and the overpowered Boons create situations where matches are really sweaty and frustrating, and killers just happen to get the worst of it.

• Ebonbane2000
    Ebonbane2000 Member Posts: 158
    Options

^^^

Correct. What Otz PROVED is that if you are skilled and play well you can still do great as a killer (not 4K every game but still do great). People dismissing it as, "But it's Otzs" are essentially arguing that they should be able to do great as killer WITHOUT being as skilled as the great killers.

The devs aren't dumb, they easily see (just like us) what each side is capable of. They know SWF coordination can be powerful. They know killers can usually secure 2 kills, easily over the course of a match. They know soloQ can be rough. The only difference is, they don't have our biases and they have the numbers.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

I guarantee I can find several examples of where a Killer-player posted some streamer video suggested survivors are OP and almost everyone agrees with them. Yet you have the exact opposite happen and almost everyone on the forum disagrees.

Heck, I've seen it where someone will post a single screenshot of one match and almost everyone on the forum will agree survivors are OP.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Probably he is low mmr, because every killer complaining in this forum always play against a death squad swf

• Munqaxus
    edited December 2021
    Options

It doesn't though. Up further in this discussion is the kill-rates posted by BHVR itself. And if you look at it, it shows the Killers as having a little above 50% kill rate on average, slightly leaning toward the Killer side.

I don't doubt that high level SWF play can beat high level Killer play, but that's the exact same as discounting what Otz is saying, because he is a professional.

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699
    Options

Yeah its funny because some people dont take the maps into consideration. The majority of the maps are survivor sided with a couple of killer sided ones and the rest balanced (McMillan Estate etc). Even with gen defense perks its hard. The only advantage killers may have on bad maps like RPD station, That new map , Haddonfield and Red Forest is that if you have Undying/Ruin your Ruin may stay up long enough for you to slow the survivors down and get a win ie a3/4k.

DBD is survivor sided and does not cater to competitive players like myself at all. Solo is like hardcore DBD which makes it interesting. Survivor sided but still a fun game!

• Munqaxus
    Options

I agree with you: perks, add-ons, survivor-comp, maps, etc all contribute to the chances of each side winning. I also agree that this game will never be perfectly balanced. I do think we can both agree that average kills vs escapes (over a long period of time) can give us a clue as to how balanced the game currently is and is possibly the only way to get any idea on balance.