The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer is boring now - How i think it can get fixed

Comments

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

@AndreasLyUs said:

1. FIX BROKEN ADDONS: Instadown hatches at huntress and addons like that.

Oh no instadown hatchets what will we ever do, oh I know, not throw the pallet infront of huntress with her hatchet ready, fake her out when she gets ready to throw a hatchet, or just crouch at random to avoid them, NOT BROKEN AT ALL JUST GET GOOD

Would you like to do a quick KYF where you show me how to get good at going against Iridescent Head?
  • AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

@ScottJund said:
    alivebydeadight said:

@AndreasLyUs said:

* FIX BROKEN ADDONS: Instadown hatches at huntress and addons like that.

Oh no instadown hatchets what will we ever do, oh I know, not throw the pallet infront of huntress with her hatchet ready, fake her out when she gets ready to throw a hatchet, or just crouch at random to avoid them, NOT BROKEN AT ALL JUST GET GOOD

Would you like to do a quick KYF where you show me how to get good at going against Iridescent Head?

Not going to make a video but it's all about moving in irregular patterns, getting behind cover, and most importantly listening to her. The Huntress makes a pretty noticeable noise when she winds up so you know to start juking.

• ScottJund

@ScottJund said:
    alivebydeadight said:

@AndreasLyUs said:

Not going to make a video but it's all about moving in irregular patterns, getting behind cover, and most importantly listening to her. The Huntress makes a pretty noticeable noise when she winds up so you know to start juking.

Okay so you start juking and she just holds her hatchet while getting closer. Then what
  • AndreasLyUs
    AndreasLyUs Member Posts: 91

@AgentTalon How many hours do you have in the game lol? Insta down hatches is broken.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@ScottJund said:
    alivebydeadight said:

@AndreasLyUs said:

I play xbox my friend, everytime huntress has em, either I get tunneled or I win

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Nah nah nah they nerfed killers every patch and now look at the position the game is in what the devs can do is buff the rest of the killer to the level of hillbilly nerf gen rushing because relying on a hex totem is fkn ridiculous huntress already has shxt add-ons as it is iridescent heads requires accuracy they killed her insta hatchets and tried to "fix her hatchet hitbox" and huntress mains slaughtered the devs and it was reverted immediately let her be add an opt out for swf and you say "killer is to ez"(my goodness the cringe) i have to disagree just because you go against some mediocre survivors doesn't mean "killer is ez" i can already tell you haven't ran into an optimal team in a good minute but when you do you'll see just how hard killer is 
  • ScottJund
    Nah nah nah they nerfed killers every patch and now look at the position the game is in what the devs can do is buff the rest of the killer to the level of hillbilly nerf gen rushing because relying on a hex totem is fkn ridiculous huntress already has shxt add-ons as it is iridescent heads requires accuracy they killed her insta hatchets and tried to "fix her hatchet hitbox" and huntress mains slaughtered the devs and it was reverted immediately let her be add an opt out for swf and you say "killer is to ez"(my goodness the cringe) i have to disagree just because you go against some mediocre survivors doesn't mean "killer is ez" i can already tell you haven't ran into an optimal team in a good minute but when you do you'll see just how hard killer is 
    Bro you gotta use punctuation
  • AgentTalon
    edited November 2018

@AndreasLyUs said:
    @AgentTalon How many hours do you have in the game lol? Insta down hatches is broken.

How is it more broken to have 2-3 hatchets than a perma chainsaw? It's also a pink add-on, how often do you come across it? If it was a perk you would have a point but it isn't.

Are you really complaining about a lower tier killer and saying she needs a nerf? You have what 500+ hours I assume since you big boy chest bump with hours played. Maybe you should have used some of that play time to learn how to dodge?

• AndreasLyUs

@KingSavageGaming lol im playing against legacy players sometimes xD.

• ScottJund

@AndreasLyUs said:

How is it more broken to have 2-3 hatchets than a perma chainsaw? It's also a pink add-on, how often do you come across it? If it was a perk you would have a point but it isn't.

you cant throw a chainsaw across the map and the chainsaw, even with instasaw, still takes more time to ready up.
  • AndreasLyUs

@alivebydeadight Salty or what? ######### they "nerfed swf" but they have nerfed solo survivors more then nerfed swf.

• AndreasLyUs

@AgentTalon The problem is the survivor dont have good pink addons like insta down like #########? Insta down is much more op then insta heal and now when they also nerfed BNP, i cant se a reason why not nerf the rest of the broken addons at killer. The killers also have pink mori, what pink offerings do survviors have? NO ONE (anymore).

• AgentTalon

@AndreasLyUs said:
    @AgentTalon The problem is the survivor dont have good pink addons like insta down like #########? Insta down is much more op then insta heal and now when they also nerfed BNP, i cant se a reason why not nerf the rest of the broken addons at killer. The killers also have pink mori, what pink offerings do survviors have? NO ONE (anymore).

You are totally right, they only have pink insta heals for add-ons. But they do have a perk they can use every...single....game to counter that instadown. I'll gladly trade 1hit hatchets to get rid of DS.

• AndreasLyUs

@AgentTalon But they also gonna nerf DS soon (maybe in this patch?) and what can the survivors do? Nothing. Maybe it will be more balanced if they did so you only had 1 or 2 hatches with that addon. Addons to add more will not add more with that addon, i think what will be better because 4 hatches instadown is really OP like the old insta hatches build.

• AgentTalon

@AndreasLyUs said:
    @AgentTalon But they also gonna nerf DS soon (maybe in this patch?) and what can the survivors do? Nothing. Maybe it will be more balanced if they did so you only had 1 or 2 hatches with that addon. Addons to add more will not add more with that addon, i think what will be better because 4 hatches instadown is really OP like the old insta hatches build.

To be fair, to have more than 2 hatchets you need to use multiple add-ons. I think using 2 limited use items is where the balance lies.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

seems fitting.

• ScottJund

@AgentTalon said:

@AndreasLyUs said:

To be fair, to have more than 2 hatchets you need to use multiple add-ons. I think using 2 limited use items is where the balance lies.

Considering Huntress only has one Ultra Rare, I get an Iridescent Head on like every Bloodweb. It really isn't hard to sustain an infinite supply of them if you wanted to.

• AgentTalon

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@AndreasLyUs said:

Considering Huntress only has one Ultra Rare, I get an Iridescent Head on like every Bloodweb. It really isn't hard to sustain an infinite supply of them if you wanted to.

Dang at 41 I have only gotten 2 of them so for me they are still a rare item. Again though, that's less an issue of the add-on and more the RNG and bloodweb setup. I still have yet to play against it, granted I don't have the 500+ hours everyone else seems to.

• ScottJund

@AgentTalon said:

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@AndreasLyUs said:

Dang at 41 I have only gotten 2 of them so for me they are still a rare item. Again though, that's less an issue of the add-on and more the RNG and bloodweb setup. I still have yet to play against it, granted I don't have the 500+ hours everyone else seems to.

If you haven't played against it why the hell are you commenting on it's balance?

• AgentTalon

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@AndreasLyUs said:

If you haven't played against it why the hell are you commenting on it's balance?

Because I have played against the Huntress and a hatchet throw is a hatchet throw. I've been hit by 2-3 in total. If hatchets were sniper rifle speed with no windup this would be a problem but in my experience, it seems pretty easy to dodge a hatchet.

• ScottJund

@AgentTalon said:

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@AndreasLyUs said:

Because I have played against the Huntress and a hatchet throw is a hatchet throw. I've been hit by 2-3 in total. If hatchets were sniper rifle speed with no windup this would be a problem but in my experience, it seems pretty easy to dodge a hatchet.

Just because the Huntress is bad doesn't mean the addon isn't brokenly strong. Technically a 5 blink Nurse is terrible if she can't hit her blinks.

• AgentTalon

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@AndreasLyUs said:

Just because the Huntress is bad doesn't mean the addon isn't brokenly strong. Technically a 5 blink Nurse is terrible if she can't hit her blinks.

I just don't think the hatchet add-on is actually broken due to the balance of fewer hatchets and the skill required to land shots. It's a strong build for sure but that's what pink add-ons do, make strong builds. I still have fun without them I just don't think it's broken.

Also, can you really build a 5 blink nurse? Player Nurse to level 8 and said "nope, not for me"

• AndreasLyUs

Yeah nurse with 5 blink is also broken, but i still think huntress with insta down hatches and the addon to add 3 more hatches is more broken.

• AgentTalon

@AndreasLyUs said:
    Yeah nurse with 5 blink is also broken, but i still think huntress with insta down hatches and the addon to add 3 more hatches is more broken.

Well rest easy I don't think there are many huntress mains out there.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@AndreasLyUs said:
    @ad19970 Its also because of the Peer to Peer connection.

Yes no doubt. Dedicated servers would help there a lot.

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148

@KingSavageGaming lol im playing against legacy players sometimes xD.

Legacy doesn't mean they're good it just means they prestiged when legacy was obtainable I've seen plenty of legacy players that are cheeks or just decent at the game. 
  • Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited November 2018
    Dedicated servers needs to come i agree last game i played i was looping killee around shack and on my screen killer got me when i was already finishing vault animation he failed at mindgaming and still got me make ping the equal and it should be balanced
  • ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

Many of true talents videos just shows people like this are incredibly stupid like his latest trapper video he traps perfectly ruin were up the entire game he did really good on all chases only 1 died and all gens were completed very fast from gen tapping the exploit people say is bad. It's straight up proof killer is still underpowered except for the nurse. Keep talking stupid ######### survivor main no real killer main thinks killer is easy and boring.

• AndreasLyUs
    edited November 2018

@ThirdSealOPplzNerf lol read my main comment on this. I sad "Fix gen rush and nerf all killers a LITTLE bit"

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@AndreasLyUs said:
    @alivebydeadight Salty or what? ######### they "nerfed swf" but they have nerfed solo survivors more then nerfed swf.

Its just huntress science, if they cant down someone with their hatchets, they will tunnel

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@ThirdSealOPplzNerf said:
    Many of true talents videos just shows people like this are incredibly stupid like his latest trapper video he traps perfectly ruin were up the entire game he did really good on all chases only 1 died and all gens were completed very fast from gen tapping the exploit people say is bad. It's straight up proof killer is still underpowered except for the nurse. Keep talking stupid ######### survivor main no real killer main thinks killer is easy and boring.

Them fixing a gen under ruin doesn't mean they gen tap by the way.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771

Or they just hit great skillcheck and circumvent Ruin compmetely, cause you get those players at R1 occasionaly.
  • AndreasLyUs

@Dragonredking if survivors gen tap, its take 2-3 min to do a full gen alone. If all the survivors do that, the killer have too much time xD. Ez lose for the survivors.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

End of the match true asked how did the do the gens so fast they said gen tapping.

• BlackHack
    BlackHack Member Posts: 71
    1. DEDICATED SERVERS: I know its super hard to add. Im a programmer, but i think its time to use some time and money to it. You devs have made the ingame shop and have make alot of money out of it. DBD have grown alot this year so i think you should do it to say thanks.

don't bother with this one man

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@AndreasLyUs said:

Scott, you act like you've NEVER missed a iri hatchet. Why the ######### you always have to white night for nerfs against killers, even against balanced ones? You want to nerf Pig too, maybe having extra helmet add ons just allows for too much sloppy play?

Do you actually believe if you took away iridescent heads that would be healthy and fine for all huntress players, just cuz you got 3 times as many hours playing period compared to most players? We get it, you're so good, everything is broken when YOU use it, and we all just need to play as well as you every single game you post to realize it.. ######### it bro, lets nerf the red claxbone add on for wraith too. Its atupid broken to come out of invisibility whenever you want without warning, and I have like 30 of them bitches. Don't lose at rank 1, plz nerf
  • altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Scott, you act like you've NEVER missed a iri hatchet. Why the [BAD WORD] you always have to white night for nerfs against killers, even against balanced ones? You want to nerf Pig too, maybe having extra helmet add ons just allows for too much sloppy play?

Do you actually believe if you took away iridescent heads that would be healthy and fine for all huntress players, just cuz you got 3 times as many hours playing period compared to most players? We get it, you're so good, everything is broken when YOU use it, and we all just need to play as well as you every single game you post to realize it.. [BAD WORD] it bro, lets nerf the red claxbone add on for wraith too. Its atupid broken to come out of invisibility whenever you want without warning, and I have like 30 of them bitches. Don't lose at rank 1, plz nerf

Why don't you.. get good?  Why not practice getting better at the character with their natural kit instead of using some of the most broken add-on's in the game?  Too many people in this game get carried in games, then they play against a lot better players and get upset when they lose.  Anybody that justifies Iri Head's is hilarious.  When I learn a Killer I never bring add-on's.  It makes you reliant and less skilled at the character.  I almost never use add-on's on Huntress, except Deerskin Gloves.  I love grabbing Hatchets faster, but that's about it.  IMO Huntress is the hardest killer in the game to get good with, and you numb the skill and learning curve by an obviously broken add on. 
  • AgentTalon

@altruistic said:
    Dr_doom_j2 said:

Scott, you act like you've NEVER missed a iri hatchet. Why the [BAD WORD] you always have to white night for nerfs against killers, even against balanced ones? You want to nerf Pig too, maybe having extra helmet add ons just allows for too much sloppy play?

Do you actually believe if you took away iridescent heads that would be healthy and fine for all huntress players, just cuz you got 3 times as many hours playing period compared to most players? We get it, you're so good, everything is broken when YOU use it, and we all just need to play as well as you every single game you post to realize it.. [BAD WORD] it bro, lets nerf the red claxbone add on for wraith too. Its atupid broken to come out of invisibility whenever you want without warning, and I have like 30 of them bitches. Don't lose at rank 1, plz nerf

Why don't you.. get good?  Why not practice getting better at the character with their natural kit instead of using some of the most broken add-on's in the game?  Too many people in this game get carried in games, then they play against a lot better players and get upset when they lose.  Anybody that justifies Iri Head's is hilarious.  When I learn a Killer I never bring add-on's.  It makes you reliant and less skilled at the character.  I almost never use add-on's on Huntress, except Deerskin Gloves.  I love grabbing Hatchets faster, but that's about it.  IMO Huntress is the hardest killer in the game to get good with, and you numb the skill and learning curve by an obviously broken add on. 

What is this weird thing gamers have now where items that are in the game are suddenly taboo to use? How is it getting carried to use an item the developers put into the game to be used?

All these ultra-serious players out here make up these ROE and then freak out when someone else doesn't agree with their made up ideas. Seriously what is the point of making up rules and hindering yourself? If you want more of a challenge I get that but then why do you push your fake rules on other people?

No one is cheating/exploiting or anything like that by using any add-on or perk in the game, but when you talk about them on a forum, and all games have this type of player, you can basically see the sweat forming on the furrowed brow and a scowl come across their face as they type out their made up rules.

We get it you have hundreds and hundreds of hours to play a single game and get really good at it, but why would you ever tell anyone else to use your same rules? Do you also refuse to crouch in Steet Fighter, only use 2/3 of your gas pedal in Forza, or never reload in any FPS?

It's a serious question about why you feel so strongly about a game that will in a maximum of 2 years be uninstalled by literally everyone for another version or a sequel. Hell, I would like to know if you feel this way about games in general and if so why? I'm actually intensely interested in the psychology behind creating a false rule set in video games and then pushing that on others. It's very, very similar to how deeply religious people get upset when you don't live the same way they do. Seriously the parallels are very clear.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@AndreasLyUs said:
    @Dragonredking if survivors gen tap, its take 2-3 min to do a full gen alone. If all the survivors do that, the killer have too much time xD. Ez lose for the survivors.

If several survivors gentap at the same gen it is a lot faster

• AndreasLyUs

@ThirdSealOPplzNerf Because stupid survivors do search for the totem and takes years lol. Maybe just live with the ruin and hit the skillchecks?

• AndreasLyUs

@AgentTalon Just stop ok? Many pink addons are too op or just broken. Like pink addons should be like the reworked wratih ones, not instadown? @Dr_doom_j2 have an iq over 10 and knows how whats broken and balanced. If you wonna learn a killer, just DONT bring addons! Play the killer without addons and when your good, you can use addons.

• AgentTalon

@AndreasLyUs said:
    @AgentTalon Just stop ok? Many pink addons are too op or just broken. Like pink addons should be like the reworked wratih ones, not instadown? @Dr_doom_j2 have an iq over 10 and knows how whats broken and balanced. If you wonna learn a killer, just DONT bring addons! Play the killer without addons and when your good, you can use addons.

All I did was ask for more insight into the mentality of certain players and you seem to get upset. Since you appear to be in the camp of players who don't use everything at their disposal and work within user created rules can you explain your mentality?

For the record I'm not being rude I'm actually very interested in this as a psychology topic. I see it in every game I play and being that I fall into the old Sirlin Playing to Win thinking, I'm intrigued by players who seld hinder.

• Entoan
    Entoan Member Posts: 1
    Rank 1 Killer and Survivor (1,500 hours). What it looks like with your post is that you want survivor buffs because you can’t reach rank 1. 
    Most likely your issue is your pathing as a survivor, not pallets or medium vaults. Medium vaults are caused by not running at the correct angel for a period of time. Which survivors need to take into account when they are in a chase. Pallets again are based on pathing of the survivor, don’t take that extra loop if you don’t know you are going to be safe. Go watch some streamers to see how to correctly run a killer.
    As for insta down hatchets you are able to dodge and block line of sight. Don’t be an easy target running in a straight line. Look behind you while you run. She only has a max of 3 hatchets if a huntress is running that add on. It’s a strong add on but not impossible to win. Vsed plenty on stream and lived. The only add ons I think are broken is Myers which straight up kill you. Though you can combat it by jumping over objects forcing a hit or jumping into a locker mid chase to force a grab out from it.
    I do agree with your flashlight changes just because they are mainly a joke now. Having a faster blind would make it easier and more useful for saving. 
  • AndreasLyUs
    edited November 2018

@Entoan Buff survivors a little bit or nerf killers like hillbilly and nurse. I can reach rank 1 if i want but i dont want because rank 1=tunnel and camp lol. Im not saying to remove medium vaults or something like that? Im saying to fix so the survivors get a little bit more far away when medium vaulting, because you know you can hit a survivor trough a window when he stands right op at the other side right? Thats the problem. When medium vaulting you dont get as far as a fast vault after the animation. I have a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llz3K-wjSNo Im not a noob and know how to dogde hatches but not ANY survivor can dogde every single hatchet if its a good huntress. I also know how to fakedrop a pallet and know how to drop it and not, but i not feeling good when i get that broken hits trough a pallet or broken medium vault. I dont have the problems, but i know alot of other survivors have when they drop pallets and dont know how to fast vault.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@AndreasLyUs said:
    @Entoan Buff survivors a little bit or nerf killers like hillbilly and nurse. I can reach rank 1 if i want but i dont want because rank 1=tunnel and camp lol. Im not saying to remove medium vaults or something like that? Im saying to fix so the survivors get a little bit more far away when medium vaulting, because you know you can hit a survivor trough a window when he stands right op at the other side right? Thats the problem. When medium vaulting you dont get as far as a fast vault after the animation. I have a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llz3K-wjSNo Im not a noob and know how to dogde hatches but not ANY survivor can dogde every single hatchet if its a good huntress. I also know how to fakedrop a pallet and know how to drop it and not, but i not feeling good when i get that broken hits trough a pallet or broken medium vault. I dont have the problems, but i know alot of other survivors have when they drop pallets and dont know how to fast vault.

Wow.. you have a video showing how the vault is intended to work.. grats!!^^

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

@Dudddd said:
    Or maybe you can....... This is a casual game after all.

He should never live this quote down. Honestly, telling your player base what amounts to, "######### off and go play another game" .

• ScottJund

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@ScottJund said:

@AgentTalon said:

@AndreasLyUs said:

Of course I've missed Iridescent hatchets before. That's why you get 3. I'm sorry man there's just no justifying that it feels awful to be downed by an Iridescent Head as a Survivor. You really have to come at it from both sides or you won't be reasonable.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@ScottJund said:
    Of course I've missed Iridescent hatchets before. That's why you get 3. I'm sorry man there's just no justifying that it feels awful to be downed by an Iridescent Head as a Survivor. You really have to come at it from both sides or you won't be reasonable.

In my experience pink hatchets make the game harder because the moment I hit someone with it everyone else just plays crazy super immersed the rest of the game. Sure if they come out of hiding and give you a chase you're set. But damn it man, I'll run Whispers and Shadowborn and still not find these cockroaches. I'd rather just run with 8 hatchets because then I can miss a few and make them think I'm bad. Then POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER and on a hook.

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    ‘I’m a programmer but I no english’. 
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    ‘I’m a programmer but I no english’. 
    Well, putting being hateful aside, you know that there are programmers in other countries, that speak other languages than English as a main, right?