DO NOT REMOVE THE UNLOCKABLE MASKS

Comments

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,956

i hate that this is happening but this just the community reaping what its sewing. I will say however, throwing a stink about them was the wrong move because its clear the people who did just wanted attention.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

They are removing equal numbers of white and nonwhite faces, are they not?

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

i would ask the same question to the people that feel "harassed" with a killer in a game that try to "virtually" harass you. Its like how low have we reached? And how frail people have become?

In any case a proper report system its the righ choice. But hey that extra work for Behaviour.. so they just remove the maks that almost no body use.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,042

i don't understand why they are going to take off all the masks instead of just the problematic one, they could make more bubba masks too

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

If bubba were black, would it matter if he wore white faces? Just a question. I don’t give a ######### about any of this. I knew it was going to be problematic from the first time I saw it.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645
    edited January 2022

Just remove Claudette then. She camouflages with darkness itself. Which in itself is “racist”. 🤣

I’ve seen racist Deathslingers that tunnel the minority characters. Nodding and following Kates or Harrington. Letting them pip/escape. The slinger will use the Dusty Noose too. 🤷🏽‍♂️

People always find ways to offend. The thing is I would never be offended because of a mask cosmetic in a video game. It isn’t even Blackface. The whole world is being censored. 😭

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Yes. While I have to research if erm- Whiteface is a thing: if bubba was black, wore white faces, and players started targeting only white people, it would still be wrong.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Because removing just the SmartFace would be the literal definition of racism (discrimination, or being treated differently, based on the colour of skin).

Removing them all is the right call, as it gives the SmartFace mask the same treatment as the LeaderFace, AthleteFace & SurvivorFace masks.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645

Well they look “White” so they’re avoided. He will be friendly towards them.

I’ve seen it a couple of times fighting Slinger. When he was friendly and hostile based on my survivor. It’s not very common. Said slinger will always pick Noose. Then targets any Taps, Clauddys, Adams, Jakes, etc. Sparing King, Kate, Steve, etc. It’s a wild sight to see. To say the least.

If people think DBD is racist they never played CoD where N-Bomb is every lobby.😂

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

when your argument involves you comparing something to an old COD lobby your argument has failed. going "this isn't racist because this is more racist" doesn't stop it from being racist.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426

If shutting down DBD prevents even one act of perceived racism, we've got the moral imperative to make that happen.

LETS DO IT TEAM!

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I don't see how people think this would magically fix racism. Like someone's going to go "oh no the mask's gone, now I can't do the exact same behaviour towards the exact same streamers!"

All this does is punish thousands of players who put in a lot of work to unlock the only gameplay-unlocked cosmetics in the game, alongside the literal handful of people who supposedly used them with bad intent.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

It doesn't "fix" racism but it removes a tool for racist attacks and sends a signal that racism isn't tolerated.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

I was asking because it wasn't like someone pointed "they told me in the End Game Chat" or in the steam chat so seemed kind of fishy. I am not saying issues doesn't exist but if there's something like this happening, it is clearly shown by the haters and I've seen comments like "D'uh,he was chasing me the whole time" so yes, you can have a bad experience happening to you but there's a difference on an actual thing happening and I believe this happended.

• Saitamfed

Uhmm, actually no it doesn't. Smart face is not a "tool", it's just a mask, they can be racist with any character or stuff. A mask removal is not removing a tool, this is only to appeal to those who believes in changing the world with the keyboards when the world out there is set on fire.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

It makes it harder to be openly racist, which is important to those kinds of people. They want you to feel their hate. Without the mask they need to use chat or racist user names for example which makes it much easier to ban them quickly.

• Saitamfed
  • terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

How could you even be racist in this game outside the chat and maybe your username and even then the chat is heavily censored

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120
    edited January 2022

Y'all are trying really your hardest to try and cancel BHVR here lmao, we all can agree that DBD has it's bug/glitch infestations but do you honestly believe they're even going to read most of these responses? They won't my friends and sharing a few perceptions on how racism is that inherently bad is something we can also all agree on, if you've ever been to any satirical website such as 4chan, kiwi farms or any other platform that has the most notorious people known for being racist, offensive, demeaning or possessing any kind of malevolent intention with how they speak; what will you do by then? How can we actually stop people from partaking in such offensive stances on the internet if you can't escape from it at all? The only thing we can do is set guidelines such as how this forum has them, any community platform can have rules but that doesn't stop others from trolling altogether, so the ultimate question still resides.

What can you actually do against trolls when it comes to partaking in any online community? Because whining and complaining so much about how offensive, intrepid and demeaning someone can be doesn't do much to resolve the issue; all we're doing is just bickering with one another.

EDIT: No need to give that many amounts of replies, I'm sure everyone is entitled to their own opinion; the only thing we can do is hope something happens for the rest who have shared their thoughts.

• Saitamfed

I mean, this is a forum and anyone can express their opinion regardless of if they're going to be heard.

• terumisan
  • terumisan

It's called double standards and these same people wouldn't care it would still be racist tho

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

It's been done. Get over it. Racist people will continue to be racist with it if it stays in the game. Use a different cosmetic and move on

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

There really weren't many. I have never seen a single one. Sure they are out there probably but not enough to warrant this.

• TheDarkTyrant

It wasn't needed since there aren't many of these people out there anyways. Yes 100% there are some but not many. But no matter how many there are that doesn't mean removing them is the right option. The right option is to ban people for this crap. The problem is these people probably make them money so they won't.

• TheDarkTyrant

They'll still do the same exact thing they are doing just without the cosmetics. It really doesn't change anything.

• TheDarkTyrant

Well they'll probably just use the blood cosmetic for his face which is pretty dark. They'll come up with something. And if that did happen, what are they gonna take that away to? Maybe they'll just play Wraith and do it. It does not change much at all.

• TheDarkTyrant

Yes exactly. It's a problem of them not punishing the people being the #########. They just don't do it. I mean I'm sure you've seen the while cheater thing. They just don't ban people but if they actually tried then I bet we wouldn't have this. Instead it would be the people getting banned like they should.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Just because you didn't personally experience it doesn't mean it wasn't a big enough problem that needed to be addressed.

If the artist of the masks feels like it was a big enough problem that he's happy to have his artwork removed from the game then I'm going to agree with him that it's the right move.

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259

I must dip My spoon to this mess too. So you are going to give 6000 shards to compensate this loss YAY! Well how about The fact that many players did put hours after hours to collect these things and they get same 6000 shards what player who player Bubba only once gets. That's a ######### shame from you devs, you guys ######### this up big time.

To really Make this equally right is to give 6000 shards to each mask, If you have all 4 masks earned by playing hundreds of matches as Bubba and spending several hours playing him, congrats, you earned 24 000 shards.

If you have only few games played as Bubba and have 0 collectible masks unlocked, you get nothing because why would you get something for thing you haven't done?

And before anyone comes to say that they don't know do you have these masks unlocked and that's why they give same shards to everyone. Well how about that people who did spent hours to unlock these makes a ticket and proves by sending screenshot that they really have these masks unlocked can get 6000 per mask.

I personally and everyone WHO unlocked these deserve better reward to lose these masks than getting same ######### as this kid who played Bubba once.

• HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 359

The fact that people are so upset about a free cosmetic that was abused getting removed is laughable, but the fact that y'all continue to equate hate behavior to teabagging and flashlights is just disgusting.

Get over it. Bubba has 2 more cosmetics besides default you can use to sit in the basement with.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141

Not a free cosmetic: four free cosmetics (which came with a paid character and were unlocked after much effort and a crapton of matches), three of which were not used to harass players.

"the fact that y'all continue to equate hate behavior to teabagging and flashlights is just disgusting."

The average person is bad at crafting a good argument. They're upset and they want to say something now, not realizing how much it hurts their position. There are good arguments to be made against BHVR's course of action.

• Saitamfed

First, this doesn't remove the fact that racism is going to keep going in-game, even if you don't know it. Second, the masks are free within the character, the two cosmetics needs to be paid apart and don't ever speak about prizes because what's cheap for you, it's not for others. Third, the mask removal doesn't affect the fact that I've described in the first point, ergo, it's useless. Fourth talking about the masks and the other cosmetics, it's not the same, it's like you tell me they're removing the skin where you can see Nurse's face for whatever reason and you tell me "oh, but there are other skins".

• Saitamfed

Like if people don't get griefed for playing Steve. Right? People need to grow up, if someone griefs them in-game for whatever the reason, like a t-bag well then it's their choice to do so. This game is full of camper, tunnelers but you get angry because the reason was "you played Claudette"? It's silly.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353
    edited January 2022

It's genuinely embarrassing, and quite frankly vile, how some of you would rather have four cosmetics in a game than support their removal and those who have been harmed by their presence.

I do not understand anyone who would actively choose not to support those impacted by the Leatherface masks and the hateful behaviour that they incited. Why would you choose to argue against a decision that helps make Dead by Daylight a safer and more comfortable place to be?

They're literally cosmetics in a game. They needed to go. Get over it.

• Saitamfed

Because actually, it doesn't help in the bare minimun to the topic at hand... Also, feel safe? It's a game where some random person murder four others. For God's sake. The mask hasn't harmed anyone, players did and those players will continue to harass people of color whether they're vocal about it or not. And my last point, this is internet, the place where no one takes things seriously. I am gay but if a survivor ask me why I tunneled him I can simply say "you used the gay flag charm", because I am planning to get on his nerves. How can you claim that everyone who tunneled a Claudette/Adam/David did it for hateful reasons? "D'uh, he said so" so... this is intenet I can say whatever I want, if you take me seriously when you shouldn't, well, that's your problem not mine.

• Cydono
    Cydono Member Posts: 22

Instead of removing the cosmetics, they should:

1. Fix their garbage reporting system so these clowns would actually get banned
    2. Implement a detection system so that people using slurs will get either chat banned or banned from the game. Other games have this, why can't DbD have it too?
    3. Add an option to remove in game chat unless toggled back on, and don't allow people to be able to talk in game chat for 24 hours if constantly being toggled on/off

Looks like another knee jerk response by BHVR instead of actually taking a minute to think of ways to permanently curb the issues.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

Eh, about everything in this game is toxic. But sometimes things go too far. I think as a company they are doing what is expected of them, and I have to say as long as they refund players or give something equal or better in return. it is a fair trade. most game companies are pressured to do this or get cancelled by gamers. It is just a fact of 2022.

I mean if it keeps the game going. It has to be done. regardless. I see why they are doing it.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Theres no stopping it, ofc.

I don't agree, because its more often people are targeted for playing black characters or for using the lgbt flag. It was a few kids who've ruined a very unique trait for a killer and you know theyre happy.

I still don't get it, unless they now remove everything else people are targeted for. We see how this is going to fix nothing right???

Those same people are going to switch targets, so will we see just all the characters removed and turned into grey blocks? "

imma stop, because this whole situation has my mind up in flames.

• Saitamfed

I yet have to see racist comments, more than the "you were a Claudette LMAO" but something like "You ######### #########"... otherwise it's not enough to prove evidence of racism.