Dear Behaviour... (David King)

Options

Comments

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Wait, so is David actually not so loosely based on you?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,128
    edited May 2022
    Options

good thread on this topic.😍

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    Options

Thanks for sharing, it must be difficult to type something this personal and private up to essentially an audience of complete strangers

I'm glad to hear DBD can have such a positive impact on people's lives, as much as it can be a frustrating game a lot of the time - it's still very important and It's amazing that BHVR can provide you with even more reasons to love the game

Also Milo is amazing, thanks for blessing us with him!

• NekoGamerX
    Options
  • Wrecked
    Wrecked Member Posts: 47
    Options

Sorry to hear that you felt / feel the same way during your upbringing, but I’m hoping you’ve came out the other side and are in a much happier place and if not, just try to stay positive as you will get there. <3

Also, Milo is actually a Cavapoo! (Poodle and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mixed)

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,417
    Options

Thank you, I've become much older and "wiser" as they say, so I am definitely in a happier place now. 🙂 I came out the other side with less people in my life but with people that truly loved me for who I am. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also, I've never heard of a Cavapoo haha He is very adorable and he seems to have the best dad! <3

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

Yeah I don't have anything to contribute. Sorry kid.

• Wrecked
    Options

I’m glad to hear that mate! I relate so much with what you said about having less people in your life now, but having people that love you for who you are, as that’s exactly what happened with me. For the first time in a long time I can honestly say that I’m happy with where I am in life and with the people I get to share new experiences with.

I hadn’t heard of Cavapoo’s until a few weeks before I got Milo but I fell in love with him immediately and definitely found the right breed for me. He’s amazing! <3

• VegasRalphie
    VegasRalphie Member Posts: 39
    Options

Good post. I am another gay DBD player btw, and I have to say that there are a lot of beats of David's story that ring true for a lot of gay men out there. Well done on this, Behavior.

• Wrecked
    Options

You’re definitely not wrong about it being physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting! I hate that there’s people still having to hide who they are out of fear of their own safety, but all we can truly hope is that with each generation people are becoming more and more accepting so that less kids are brought up thinking being part of the LGBT+ community is somehow wrong.

• Wrecked
    Options

And thank you Adam for bringing autodidact into a match with Sloppy Butcher + Thanatophobia. Not all heroes wear capes. Some wear trench coats. 🧡

• Wrecked
    Options

That’s a beautiful quote. Thanks for sharing that. <3

• NekoGamerX
    Options

Thank you so much for sharing your story

sure we all can relate to david coming out

love this thread wish more were like it.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,539
    Options

I'm sorry his new shirt just hugs his arms so well that I have to use it 😭

• NekoGamerX
    Options

I'm still here waiting unlock the pants and head being using shirtless with.

now where are rugby skin?

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

That's beautiful. I gotta share that with my loved ones.

• GeekyBrummie89
    GeekyBrummie89 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Only just started to play dbd on Xbox and I love it, can't believe it's taken 6 years to finally play it. It's thanks to David King becoming gay going viral and I discovered the game. Anyways back to topic!!

Reading this has brought back memories for me, with coming to terms with being gay, questioning myself etc.I do relate to David King becoming gay and that he is British!! (Hello from Birmingham!!) and it's nice to have characters relate to. I feel I kinda relate also to Dwight Fairfield as I sort of look like him and have that geeky feel to me.

I do love that some fans have the vibe of David and Dwight are a thing and if they are... THEN AWESOME!

I'm glad you have David King to relate to and your story is amazing and glad you are a much happier now! Thank you for sharing it!

See you in the fog

PS Milo is beautiful and sooo fluffy

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,195
    Options

Love to read comments like this :)

if you ever have questions or anything about the game feel free to ask here kn the forums, there are plenty of helpful members.

also, this game isn’t really best known to be beginner friendly, leading to some frustrating experiences as well as wonderful ones once you get the hang of it. And there sadly are many toxic players. Don’t let those drag you down!

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264
    Options

Thank you for sharing your lovely story, having those real life experiences I hope will make people think a little more about why it matters.

Thanks for sharing your lovely dog too and those arms #Thirst

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 781
    Options

This is the most wholesome thing I've seen on the forums for a while. Thanks so much for sharing ❤️

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328
    Options

its helped me through quite alot in terms of mental health and just general daily life. Helped me really take hold of my positive role model position when i worked with kids.

• SpookySheWolf
    SpookySheWolf Member Posts: 4
    Options

Such a heartwarming and important post! This is why inclusion is necessary and I can only hope the negative ‘why does it matter’ people find and read this post to open their eyes 💕

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

Thanks for sharing also I agree I hope that the increase of LGBT representation in media will make it easier for youths to live their lives

• Lastchild
    Lastchild Member Posts: 333
    Options

I do not expect to come across a text as positive and speaking.

You fully understand what many of us have lived, live and will live.

The struggle continues even if it was enough that people grow to understand.

It's long and very random.

But we know our opponents ....

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

In case you're not on Twitter a DBD dev has made a tweet sharing your post. Thought you'd might like to know. :)

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Not the only twitter account that did so 🕳️👩🏻‍🦯

• NekoGamerX
    Options

@Wrecked your very popular right now how the fame treating you?😀😂

• Wrecked
    Options

That’s awesome! I didn’t know this information as I don’t have a Twitter account. Do you have a link to the tweet?

• Wrecked
    Options

Also, I have read through all of the recent messages and I truly appreciate all of the kind words from everyone. It’s nice knowing that a lot of you were able to relate with my story. I honestly wasn’t expecting this much of a response and I’m genuinely taken aback. Thank you all. 🧡

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Honestly I'm not. The community is in a continuous cycle of hatred and frustration, so the positive posts really stand out and catch attention.

And ik I am a random stranger on the Internet, but I've experienced quite a bit of ######### and I can relate to your post too quite a bit, so I wanna say I'm proud of you for accepting yourself and finding people you can be comfortable with ✨

• NekoGamerX
    Options
  • Wrecked
    Options

I definitely agree with that, my comment wasn’t really aimed at the community as a whole. I just didn’t expect my thread to receive so much attention. I haven’t posted on here prior to this thread though, so I didn’t realise how active it was around here. Caught me off guard! 🤣