Dear Behaviour... (David King)

Options

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Good news, you can dismiss pinned posts and they'll stay dismissed because it's at an account level not a browser cookie. I've dismissed pinned posts and logged in on other devices with other browsers and they were still dismissed. So again, if a pinned post is something you do not like you can dismiss it.

As I said in my first comment, one of the reasons this post has continued to stay pinned is because it is not only still relevant a year later, it answers a frequently asked question - why does representation matter in DBD? BHVR finds this to be an important topic and wants this post to be pinned on their forums.

Why have they not pinned other posts for a year? There are pinned posts from 2018/2019 in other sections of the forum. Why does it not happen more often? Because there aren't many positive posts that stay relevant like this a year later about a subject BHVR thinks is important.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,200
    Options

You want to get the post unpinned and are saying I am the one that wants you to stop talking?

you can talk and create threads about all these topics. Thing is, representation is important and relevant for the devs and mods of these forums and it is pretty much always and has always been a hot topic. This thread doesn’t take a spot away for other posts at all and there is definitely no clutter.

And while this topic is about lgbtq+ rep it doesn’t exclude rep for disabilities or mental health (which have been represented via characters in DbD for a long time see Claudette lore and others). Accessibility is also something the devs bring more and more settings for which I love, but… there hasn’t been such a positive OP that’s pin-worthy, has there?

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

You just want to argue and complain, you've made that perfectly clear.

You can dismiss the pinned post, it's just 2 steps to dismiss the post for yourself.

Step 1: Click on 3 dots at top of post

Step 2: Click on "Dismiss"

• Mooks
    edited April 2023
    Options

Now, Pinning time is relevant as in you wouldn't want old BHVR comments from a year old patch. Pinned post need to be time appropriate.

but this is a rule you just made up..

This leads towards many cluttered relevant and important topics being pinned

you mentioned this often but… that’s not a logical conclusion at all. I mean.. there aren’t many cluttered pinned threads.. and have you an actual example of another thread you would thing is pin-worthy along with this one? Or even over this one?

It seems like you are just out here to derail this topic at this point and to shine a negative light on it without having to be outright homophobic

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,543
    Options

And what happened there, @fnerfner, is exactly the reason why this post should stay pinned. Because there will always be people like that who can use this thread as a resource to educate themselves on the value and importance of representation, or to out themselves as someone who cannot control bigotry. Either way, this thread is incredibly important and still relevant to the forums and dbd as a whole even almost a year later.

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405
    Options

outisde looking in....the comments that have been brought to light from this post does nothing but create more division within the community. as others have said the easiest way is just to unpin it which makes more sense. Politics, religion, life choices are just topics that should be avoided in forums altogether, because all they do is promote division.

• LooeDbD
    LooeDbD Member Posts: 163
    Options

is there a way to unpin this on my end

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,236
    Options

There is. You should be able to find a “…” or a gear within the top or bottom right of the OP, from where you can select ‘dismiss’. From then on it will be listed just like the other threads.

I’d give you images, but I’m on mobile rn.

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405
    Options

promoting division because i gave an opinion that a post was promoting division? ok, i wont stoop to your level, not worthy of my time

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,624
    Options

Can this post be unpinned please? I'm pretty sure anyone interested in reading it has had a chance.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options
  • ZAKATO
    ZAKATO Member Posts: 15
    Options
    I didn't know David was gay. just like someone is gay

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 802
    edited May 2023
    Options

I just like to come back to post to remind myself how far we have come. But i get disappointed on how they are ignoring david without new cosmetics and instead give it to feng/meg/nea/kate. Especially with the supposed increased production team. Suuuure.

Tragic how they dispose of a newly lgbt character. And pride month is around the corner. Shame.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,237
    Options

I mean there's a LOT of characters they ignore when it comes to skins, I highly doubt it's cause he's gay.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

The difference is those characters have been ignored from their release. Adam, Jeff, Jake, Yui, Zarina, Haddie, etc. all got very few or no cosmetics following their release (or in the case of Jake, following 2.0.0 when the Store released). David, however, used to get plenty, to the point where he was considered one of the Four Cosmetics Hogs alongside Nea, Meg, and Claudette.

And while he got slightly fewer when Felix released, so he was no longe considered one of the greats, he still had outfits releasing often enough.

Cut to present day, over a year after his gay reveal, and he has received zero store cosmetics that weren't already in the Rift. Zero. Alongside a pathetic two form the Rifts.

He went from one of the greats, even going so far as to receive the special 5th Anniversary collection alongside Wraith, to quite literally Zero.

The only Survivor that has received less cosmetics than David in the past year (including Rift recolours and original outfits) is Elodie Rakoto, who's another can of worms entirely. I'd like to repeat, he went from receiving new cosmetics every month to the second worst for Cosmetics total.

I don't think it's homophobia on BHVR's part, but there's something going on there, you have to admit it's a bit dodgy.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,237
    Options

It's pretty odd I'll admit. To be fair I see far fewer Davids in my games then I used to. The last few months I've barely seen any Davids and I can only imagine that's a big reason why they don't bother to make skins for him anymore.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

But are there fewer David's because they stopped giving him skins? Like it feels like most newer Felix/Vittorio (especially Vittorio) skins could've easily gone to David and just... Didn't. So why play David when you can play the characters with the newer skins?

Unless David's playerbase dropped off right around his second tome, in which case I don't think I need to spell out my conclusion there.

• Mooks
    Options

While that may be one of the reasons, it’s definitely not the only one. Skins need to go through concept/design/implementation/(probably qa) phases so it definitely feels weird that they just dropped his cosmetic releases right at that point.

(… which is also what’s very weird about Haddie - she was chosen as an anniversary release, has TON of lore already in-game, has distinct niches for cosmetics (fighter, traveler, Indian heritage, etc) though they never planned any cosmetics for her even before she got released 🤨)

• Quizzy
    Options

Its not even the rarity of giving david outfits that bothers me tho. Its just so disappointing that you have a character you put time and effort to be the only lgbt representative of your game. Then when pride month is close by, you just decide to not give or acknowledge that character at all. Its a slap in the face. Its almost like they just used the character for points at the time then threw him away.

If thats how they gonna treat newly lgbt release characters, id rather them not release anymore because its heartbreaking when they do that and instead give cosmetics to their moneymakers survivors every update.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

I mean.. from a strictly business and statistics view, why would they NOT focus on the survivors that make them most profit?

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

David should get costumes but you need to understand this: BHVR is company. Ofcourse they will focus on characters who makes more money for them.

You people really expect them to stop make costumes for Kate, Feng, Mikaela, Yun Jin, Meg etc while they sell like crazy? Who brings more money gets more effort. That's natural part of business.

• Quizzy
    Options

Im honestly past it now. For a company that has LGBT employees and preach about how david has made an impact to the community, ppl that have came out because of him, to only neglect him with no cosmetics during pride and nothing in the forseeable future. Im actually over it so I understand business is business and money is a more priority over representation. Havent really played david much because of it which is sad. But oh well.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

I am sorry for you are feeling like that. Hopefully he will get some new costumes soon. But BHVR is company after all, even they are supportive of LGBT+ community, money always comes first. That's how business works.

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Remember when they revealed David as gay and said he was consistently one of the most popular characters? And then they just stopped giving him anything which caused his playerbase to drop off and go towards the characters that did get skins?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• Quizzy
    Options

I remember that too. But now im starting to believe that was just a lie to "sell" him. But when it backfired they just stop giving him anything. Which im not really surprised tbh

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

If unpopular survivors like Haddie, Jonah can get new costumes, i don't know why David can't. David is maybe not super popular but he is not super rare either. He is around mid.

So there is no reason to not give some new costumes.

• Quizzy
    Options

Hopefully he gets more new skins since he has made this....huge impact. 😀

• Quizzy
    Options

You'll get used to that. A common phenomenon toward david fanbase.