What's an issue/problem you think isn't talked about enough?

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,601

Which I do.

What does it matter to you? You could, and probably does, have an opinion which I HEAVILY disagree with, but I wouldn't call you out for it because everyone has the right to have their own views about this game.

There is no reason for you to do it.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482

This is a discussion forums. If you post an opinion here, I am allowed to respond to it.

I don't understand why you would like infinites and double pallets, which was even worse for old Freddy than he has it now.

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454

people who continue to keep putting money into this game without seeing any real vast improvements.

• AMOGUS

Alright, so be it. I apologize, I was reading posts from extremely aggressive "debaters" in GameFAQ's Politics board and may have taken on some of their mannerisms.

May I ask why do you prefer old DBD, then?

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,294

Perk band-aiding, especially for survivors.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,622

only one? there are A LOT of issues that aren't discussed enough... between bugs, reports that won't change anything, gameplay "tech" that shouldn't even exist in the 1st place and swf and their toxicity... you have an AMPLE selection of issues...

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

Meme add-ons. BHVR was going in the right direction with prayer tablet fragment and no-sleep pills and then proceeded to make detrimental BP add-ons again. Meme add-ons should alter the way you play certain killers, not make them completely unplayable.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

* Broken matchmaking (dodged lobbies, and 'any match is better than no match philosophy')

* Horrible controller experience

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Solo survivor can't see your teammates loadouts in the lobby.

Survivors should be able to check killer's ping.

Killers' penalized BP addons and garbage meme addons that are just waste of bloodpoints.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Why is the Green Key still broken?

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92

I cannot express how annoying it is as a killer on console trying to hit melee range hatchets on huntress against pc players. Especially when they can use their immediate WASD to almost side step me. Damn frustrating.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

A problem not talked about openly or as much as it deserves? How the game is built for a Casual Audience and how that affects Fun.

The Fun that a Casual Audience wants and the Fun people who play the game daily want is a very different thing.

Casual Audience Fun = SWF. Active player Fun = Good matches.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    edited July 2022

Kind of agree. Reports should be taken into consideration seriously.

also dbd classic is a terrible idea xd, more like dbd alpha stage.

i personally would remove rng spawn for gens and tiles.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited July 2022

Filters, playing on "low" settings and increased brightness. Many reworked maps are supposed to be really dark, but on PC there're many ways to go arround it. Most of these ppl even forgot how awesome the game looks now, on ULTRA settings. And i would be totally fine with it, if ppl would play with crossplay off. Because on console we don't even have graphic settings, not to mention no brightness settings at all. And yes, when the game is like 50% brighter, ofc you gonna spot survs easier or see the killer's red light easier, esp. with dark/bloody cosmetics. And before you ask, NO, increasing the TV/monitor brightness/gamma doesn't help here, not for DBD, we already tried that.

Best solution would be an INGAME brightness setting (+25% max.) for EVERYONE, like almost every other game has anyway.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Biggest issue is dbd map loop money.

If you are playing against a blight 2 pallets gym and no filler you will loose without too much of your own fault, if you have 3 jungle gym connecting to each other vs a trapper he is gonna loose and its not his fault, while 3 jungle gyms connecting to each other vs a nurse won't make any difference.

The game rng was thought for killers like billy trapper and wraith, the game added a lot of killers so at this point every killer should have his own map rng imo

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,218

Crouching right in front of the killer, yet completely out of sight.

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 388

This game destroys console controllers. And not because you’re throwing them against a wall in frustration.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited July 2022

Map offerings being a thing. No matter what side uses the offering they do it for a reason. Disable all of them and give players 5000 BPs back for all offerings disabled. What map you will spawn in to should always be random that is the most fair thing for everyone. And it adds excitement while loading not knowing where you will play, just like not knowing who the killer is.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

Adept killer is too strict.

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250

The lack of variety in survivor gameplay. for killer mains, when you start getting bored of a certain killer, you could switch to another killer. But survivors don't get that privilege, beyond teachable perks, survivors are just skins. There should be unique abiilities for different survivors, not strong enough to make a big impact on game balance, but enough strong to give pepole a reason to play one survivor over another outside of just perks and skins.

Also, killers seeing survivor's names/profiles in the lobby, but survivors can't look at the killer's. going purely basen on game balance, there should be no logical reason for a killer to be able to see a survivor's name and profile, it should be enough to just see the survivor's apppearences and items. all it does is open up the oppotunity for killers to target specific people ina toxic way.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

Honestly I don't think killers should see survivors at all until the game starts. During the 5 second load in, then show the survivors and what items they have. No playing around survivors or items any more than survivors can play around killers or addons until the game begins. No names until the endgame so recognized people or prejudiced views can allow you to target certain players based on name, etc.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Really? Lose 8k bloodpoint for attempting to get off hook? Are you serious?

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
  • malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Yeah. Super serious. Maybe 1 out of 100 Kobe attempts are actually worth doing. Most are just survivors trying to troll and/or kill themselves early.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

Classism.

• jeremycarinio
    jeremycarinio Member Posts: 160
    edited July 2022

how nurse has broken add ons, overlaps fatigue and blink recharge, almost giving her omega blinks with that green and purple add ons.

dredge has a worse set of add ons, no locker breaking boost, no speed boost on remnant teleports.

Pyramid head has the worst IRIDESCENT add ons.

and developers chose not to listen. keeps on nerfing PIG for goodness sake.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

I play on controller and I am the best in my whole friend group at the game

• RakimSockem

Having auto-aim at all.

If the killer loses me and can't track me while swinging, they shouldn't get rewarded with a hit. especially Nurses

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598
    edited July 2022

Cleary Map Design the are Way to Big and has way to many paletts Maps like Haddonfield, RDP, The Game , Artist Map, Huntress Map and Ormond are Way to Survivor Sided that as a weaker Killer u most likely going to lose against decent Survivor because the Maps are unplayable as Killer

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited July 2022

The truth is they don't care about gameplay and make the worst maps when it comes to balance. But hey, at least when you are running across a map the size of the sahara desert you can look at all the pretty trees.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702
    edited July 2022

BHVR needs new map designers. The last few maps plus reworked ones we’ve had are horrible.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

To be fair, survivor hitboxes/killer attack area is BS. I've never seen a game where you have to be so precise just to land a melee attack on someone right in front of you.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,459

Tunneling

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 252

Late match 3 gen stalemates make for really boring matches if the survivors just urban evade around the map or hide in lockers, there should be an effect or at least a perk where if 5 minutes (Or maybe less) has passed without a chase or any gen progress survivors start gathering stillness crows as if they were AFK.

• RakimSockem

they are really boring. It can be solved by the killer just committing to a chase tho and taking a risk to end the stalemate. A stalemate is caused by both sides refusal to do something, not just one side

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

I actually have to disagree with this.

Don't get me wrong, map design is an issue. It is a huge issue - but it is not DbDs biggest issue, nor is it the root of all evil.

Instead what I view to be DbDs biggest issue is the boring nature of Survivors objectives, which in return has lead to all the imbalances we experience today - including the bad map design.

Here's a link to a post I made about this a couple of months ago, which goes into much greater detail on why I view this the way I do:

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 252

Last time I went from gen to gen and couldn’t find anyone, I eventually got lucky and found scratch marks in a place at the other side of the map not near any generators and caught a survivor in a locker.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Self reflection. For all of the issues in this game and other players, people always seem unwilling to look in a mirror and step their own game up.

• Leguś
    Leguś Member Posts: 181

Some Survivor exploits are not talked about at all.

Double Locker Flashlight saves. Just hope they are in situation chaining them doesn't make you waste too much time.

Groaning Storehouse, just die on the "wing" of it and any Survivor going there is Unhookable because why not?

Yeah...

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,706

I-Frames. They can be kinda ridiculous sometimes.

• Leguś
    Leguś Member Posts: 181

Oh, let's not talk about how new Botany with green Med-Kit and Syringe/Styptic combo you are gonna be practically invincible because there's nothing wrong with Med-Kits and their add-ons.

Either exploits as bug or just abusing certain parts of the game to just... BS through. Nobody thinks about this and it's really worrying.

• Risky_Biscuit
    Risky_Biscuit Member Posts: 95

Totem spawns Boons, and Hex Perks.

Most totem spawns still stick out like a sore thumb, and Hexes are rarely worth using thanks to Boons and bad rng with spawns.

I'd like to see either a dedicated hex perk slot for killer (like a 5th perk slot, but only for hexes), or a mechanic where hexes and totems get blocked for a bit before things get going. This way hexes can be guaranteed some value, and boons aren't available immediately.

I'd like for boons to have a universal cooldown or something to limit their usage. So even if everyone brings a boon perk, once the boon is snuffed, it goes on a cooldown for all players. Maybe like a minute or more.

• Maxx_Calin
    Maxx_Calin Member Posts: 86

Why do people leave before the match even starts, had this happen a few times where they will do the check mark thing to go into the match only to leave and ruin the match for everyone in it. I've had it happened with killers and survivors. If u aren't commited to a match. Have the decency to leave the lobby before it starts.

It can be very annoying cause when u are playing the game late at night and wait times are 20-30 mins at times.

• SpiritedSalsa
    SpiritedSalsa Member Posts: 95

I would love console brightness settings as someone who has bad vision and a hard time seeing things on darker maps, which means I have to bring aura reading perks.

I also agree with a couple of posts mentioning controller sensitivity options as well. It would make it a lot more healthier if console players had those options like PC players do.

• AMOGUS

As for me... I actually played before Clown, on console. I used to watch edited montages that made fun of "DarksydePhil" who was considered to be one of the worst gamers on the planet. I found out about DBD through that, and I loved what I saw.

I had to buy the game behind my parents back in order to play it, as they refused to buy it for me. I believe I was... 16 at the time. Maybe 17. DBD has been in my life for years since then. I've been here in the community for many chapter releases, but not the beginning.

I was there for Summer BBQ on PS4. I was there for many events. I was there for Clown onwards, the only chapter I don't think I was truly here for was Twins because of some drama.

... However... While I like looking at old DBD videos from time to time, it is not something I am particularly passionate about. I still faintly remember the many issues DBD had. Old Decisive Strike, no exhaustion nerf, infinites... I remember how awful it felt to play M1 Killer at the time.

Things have been slowly fixed since then, and the game still has it's problems. But I feel things are in a somewhat better state than now, and I wish to continue moving forward towards the future instead of returning to the past because of nostalgia.

I suppose we will simply have to agree to disagree in the end about old Freddy. I can't, and never will, agree to bringing back old Freddy and, as a result, his many, many old problems. I don't think moving backwards is what needs to be done, moving forwards towards the future and making progress is what should be done.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,601